Bad Dog

Yiffy Age of Skyrim

Welp after a good 5 hours in the game with basic quality of life mods the game works fantastic.

The tails do freak out here and there but not enough to really break immersion for me I ran in to a hard freeze/crash in Winterhold and Whiterun how ever i believe those are more my fault then this mods fault.

Absolutely killer job Bad Dog.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Okay, that definitely looks great, and nothing like what I've seen on my end. Guess I'll have to check out actual NPCs instead of sticking to chargen only.

Still, the point about shiny panthers still stands after looking at those pics; chances are the specular is just about right for a vanilla shader setup but if you use ENB it gets cranked up too much and that's when it starts looking like plastic.

Anyway, I'll give the latest version a try while making sure no other mods are conflicting with it and see how it goes.

Should have mentioned that photoshoot was pretty much vanilla skyrim. Just had the standard high-res texture packs and USLEEP but no other graphics mods and no ENB. I played a bunch with that panther texture and this is the best tradeoff I could make for different lighting situations. 

I'll probably make normal tails the standard and HDT the patch for the final release. General principles--the base mod should be simplest and easiest--and it will simplify porting to SE. 

All the patterns are available to the player but I ran out of slots so check the "dirt" slots for extra patterns. (I think there's a way to add more sliders in Racemenu but didn't want to get into that.)

Questions!

Creating an archive from CK didn't include the facegen files. They should be included, right? Is this a known thing?

The extended skeleton has a whole separate set of tail bones, which gives you 2-3 times more bones to play with. I did what I could to smooth out the HDT tails by fixing weights, but with only 4-5 bones to play with there's just a limit to what can be done. If I rigged the tails to the HDT bones would it all just work? Or would I have to rewrite the XML somehow?

Awesome work on the update, though a couple small quirks. The tails on NPC's are a little off for me, with or without the No HDT tail patch they seem to "float" as if they're not actually attached to the body and when an NPC sits in a chair or is killed, the base of the tail stretches up to their head. I also saw a huge FPS hit when using the HDT tails but I'd need to test that further to confirm it was the tails and not something else lurking in the background, just thought I'd mention it though.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but when using the Digitigrade patch the feet/paws on NPC's seem disproportionately small to the rest of their body. I am using a digitigrade replacer for beast races to give my Argonian proper raptor talons (can't live without them!) but I've tried disabling those and and the feet still look too small.

If you need them I'll get some screenshots when I have some more time to play.

I'm not sure if it really has anything to do with it, but by experimenting with hair and beard for the Nords I get a CDT. As for other bugs it's doing fine for now. I loved the update. sorry for bad english, i'm brazilian :)

1 hour ago, Tadamee said:

I'm not sure if it really has anything to do with it, but by experimenting with hair and beard for the Nords I get a CDT. As for other bugs it's doing fine for now. I loved the update. sorry for bad english, i'm brazilian :)

I got that too. It looks like one of the Khajiit hair models are consistently doing it for me, at least it seems to crash around when I'm passing through them.

Also happened to me when I scrolled through the Breton hair.

Seems to work fine when I scroll through the Khajiit though.

13 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Should have mentioned that photoshoot was pretty much vanilla skyrim. Just had the standard high-res texture packs and USLEEP but no other graphics mods and no ENB. I played a bunch with that panther texture and this is the best tradeoff I could make for different lighting situations. 

I'll probably make normal tails the standard and HDT the patch for the final release. General principles--the base mod should be simplest and easiest--and it will simplify porting to SE. 

All the patterns are available to the player but I ran out of slots so check the "dirt" slots for extra patterns. (I think there's a way to add more sliders in Racemenu but didn't want to get into that.)

Questions!

Creating an archive from CK didn't include the facegen files. They should be included, right? Is this a known thing?

The extended skeleton has a whole separate set of tail bones, which gives you 2-3 times more bones to play with. I did what I could to smooth out the HDT tails by fixing weights, but with only 4-5 bones to play with there's just a limit to what can be done. If I rigged the tails to the HDT bones would it all just work? Or would I have to rewrite the XML somehow?

23 hours ago, Taven said:

A few things I'd like to ask.. Do we not need this mod anymore? Because I've noticed that this alpha version has new textures(And most likely meshes) for hagravens in it..and, I've yet to use this mod because, I'm wondering if it's alright to overwrite almost everything in the past version of YA with it, as I've also installed that manually.

Agh..my bad, I thought I linked this when I typed out my question, but it didn't link for some reason...hopefully you can see what I mean now. xD

Woah, I hadn't seen what Blaze did with that. Looks really good. You can certainly keep using that if you like it, there should be no incompatibilities. What I've done is rig the Ulri body and head to the hagraven skeleton. Upside, hagraven movement. Downside, the animation is cruder because the skeleton is simpler, and you don't get conversation, marriage, or the other goodies.

I'll look into the bugs reported upthread.

Maybe Ulri Raven More good shape with wing. It don't has to be punctual but Raven with wing is more Furry-kind feeling. Maybe my personal tastes. How about Adding wings in Ulri Hagraven?

P.S It's off Topic but sometimes Bethesda game is too buggy, It better to lunch and play stable pirate version than Steam ones... Why should I use crack what I bought with my own good money? That make sad. Lunch without crack often cause CTD atter Game open. Maybe My Computer has own problem.

I hope Bethesda make next Elder scroll, Star field, Fallout 5 less buggy.

Sad Fact. ㅠ_ㅠ;

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i'm still trying to figure out the skeletons, something is still effecting mine.

turns out YiffyAgeDigi has the same "skeleton's skeleton" problem with it's esp.

I've seen wings on NPCs and monsters that aren't animated and I just don't like them. They look like the creature is wearing a coat rack. If Blaze wanted he could enable the wings on his hagravens, but it would probably create a dependency on the Wings mod. And vanilla hagravens don't have wings, so it would really be extra.

@MMG, fuck, thanks. I'm sure I tested that. Don't know how it got fouled up. 

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I've seen wings on NPCs and monsters that aren't animated and I just don't like them. They look like the creature is wearing a coat rack. If Blaze wanted he could enable the wings on his hagravens, but it would probably create a dependency on the Wings mod.

Said Wings mod is stupidly easily convertible to SSE because Sabregirl ported the Animations for her Pharlans mod and that was the only difficult part to convert. Overwrite Anton's Animations with the ones in her mod, run through Nif optimizer once for meshes and Nifscan once for textures and it is good to go.

Edit: Incidentally in you Bird mod's thread I posted an SSE version of your birds mod that includes a converted version of Anton's Wings mod.

Edit^2: Also there's a converted Cellan race in its thread.

It seems the tail for my character has reverted back to the default animations and not HDT.  It no longer 'flows' behind me while running, but basically sways back and forth stiffly.  And when standing still, the tail tip twitches.  However, on other NPC races, the tails still seem to have physics assigned to them.  Was there a change to 5.03 to remove HDT?  If not, is there a way to re-enable it? 

I did attempt to use the tail remover item, but the tail returned with the same canned animation.

Or maybe I am just crazy...?

Edited:  Okay, I'm not crazy.  If I disable YiffyAgeALPHA5.3 and enable YiffyAgeALPHA5.02, I get HDT tails on my save.  If I revert back to 5.3, I loose HDT tails on that same save. 

Cool. Very happy you did that. I've been feeling overwhelmed by all the mods that need updating plus converting to SE. And I haven't moved myself over yet.

I'm attaching male and female beast skeletons updated to the latest XPMSE. Those of you seeing problems with tails, would you check them out and let me know if they improve things? They go in "meshes/actors/character/character assets" and "meshes/actors/character/character assets female". I've been running with them and they should be good.

maleskeletondigi.nif

femaleskeletondigi.nif

27 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I can't make sense of that tail behavior. It's just the PC tail that's not HDT-enabled? NPCs of the same race do have HDT? Don't know how that can even happen.

possibility "unique player werewolf" mods? i bet they could cause some tail problems (but missing tails would be more likely).

another possibility i can think of is maybe the DefaultRace (00000019) needs to edited, it's still using the non beast skeleton, but i don't know if that would actually effect anything.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

I can't make sense of that tail behavior. It's just the PC tail that's not HDT-enabled? NPCs of the same race do have HDT? Don't know how that can even happen.

Other NPC's that aren't Lycos, maybe?  I know other tails had HDT, as they would do the whole pop in from the edge of the cell thing, then bounce when they snapped back to the correct position.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Cool. Very happy you did that. I've been feeling overwhelmed by all the mods that need updating plus converting to SE. And I haven't moved myself over yet.

I'm attaching male and female beast skeletons updated to the latest XPMSE. Those of you seeing problems with tails, would you check them out and let me know if they improve things? They go in "meshes/actors/character/character assets" and "meshes/actors/character/character assets female". I've been running with them and they should be good.

maleskeletondigi.nif

femaleskeletondigi.nif

The new skeleton files do not fix the issue for me.

On a lark, I started a new character with 5.3, and it appears the Nord and Argonian tails are the only ones that are not HDT, but instead are animated. 

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

possibility "unique player werewolf" mods? i bet they could cause some tail problems (but missing tails would be more likely).

another possibility i can think of is maybe the DefaultRace (00000019) needs to edited, it's still using the non beast skeleton, but i don't know if that would actually effect anything.

Just to be clear, I use MO, and I am just swapping out YiffyAgeALPHA05.02 with YiffyAgeAlpha5.3.  I am keeping all of my mods in the same order, and the esp's in the same load order.  On 5.02, with an existing save or character creation, all tails are HDT.  With 5.3 and the exact same save or at character creation, not all tails are HDT.