Ok so Ive got this mod working and its honestly really fantastic, but I was curious about installing other LL mods, I wanted to ask before I install some, are there any that absolutely wont work? Like, does Amorous Adventures work? Or Sexlab Pleasure? Or Radiant Prostitution? 

6 minutes ago, hyper15 said:

Ok so Ive got this mod working and its honestly really fantastic, but I was curious about installing other LL mods, I wanted to ask before I install some, are there any that absolutely wont work? Like, does Amorous Adventures work? Or Sexlab Pleasure? Or Radiant Prostitution? 

You shouldn't have a problem with mods like Radiant Prostitution/AA that add or change mechanics. The problem is if you're using mods that add new locations and new NPCs like Bruma. If you put it in your load order correctly, you shouldn't have any major problems

Anything that changes races is a no-go (Uninteresting NPCs, Imperious). Anything that adds NPCs will work, but the NPCs will be grey and that sucks for foxes, where the fox color comes from the tint layer. Anything else should be fine. New races are only fine if they use all their own assets (like my birds and otters). 

MMG, thanks. I figured it had to be something in the skeleton and now you point it out I remember that noticing that skeleton race override and wondering if it was really needed.

& thanks for reminding me about the manekins. I got started on them during a facegen and then got distracted. 

For erections, the code was not enforcing full erections during sex if the actor was receiving. I've fixed that. 

Hey, if someone could name an NPC with the all-black eyes that would be a big help.

3 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Anything that changes races is a no-go (Uninteresting NPCs, Imperious). Anything that adds NPCs will work, but the NPCs will be grey and that sucks for foxes, where the fox color comes from the tint layer. Anything else should be fine. New races are only fine if they use all their own assets (like my birds and otters). 

MMG, thanks. I figured it had to be something in the skeleton and now you point it out I remember that noticing that skeleton race override and wondering if it was really needed.

& thanks for reminding me about the manekins. I got started on them during a facegen and then got distracted. 

For erections, the code was not enforcing full erections during sex if the actor was receiving. I've fixed that. 

Hey, if someone could name an NPC with the all-black eyes that would be a big help.

I noticed it was one of the children during Innocence Lost.

wooo the site is back up. I missed you people!

Ok so I got more info on the fancy head lightshow issue I was having a few pages back. it looks like the feather earring on males is shifting through green, purple, blue and black while occasionally completely blinding out my screen with its brightness as a look in its general direction. would this issue require a separate fix from the one posted before as that fix pointed towards the earring with F at the end which i assume means its for the female version?

images below.

Spoiler

20190104182940_1.jpg.ccf9dc995633bd11418c6f91d9bd24c1.jpg20190104182922_1.jpg.0699596da628b70914edd3fea9b9d73c.jpg20190104182920_1.jpg.4fecbebdced68f527ef9999e33284efb.jpg20190104182910_1.jpg.c552319d99d0b3c928ea5f48bb171469.jpg20190104182859_1.jpg.edef63043d77dbe78a9935d0c82ac0cc.jpg

Just for reference, now that I've got my install back up and running, the thing causing my grey face issue was the Yiffy Age Bruma patch.

It's not a big deal, the patch was made for an older version of the mod so issues aren't surprising, I just don't understand why it messes with the base game's facegen data at all, since it has its own. Just when I think I have a basic grasp on how Skyrim works I see something like this happen and it makes me question everything.

Anyways, figured I'd point it out just in case anyone else stumbles in here with the same problem.

55 minutes ago, Ginzored said:

Ok so I got more info on the fancy head lightshow issue I was having a few pages back. it looks like the feather earring on males is shifting through green, purple, blue and black while occasionally completely blinding out my screen with its brightness as a look in its general direction. would this issue require a separate fix from the one posted before as that fix pointed towards the earring with F at the end which i assume means its for the female version?

images below.

its a ongoing fix i believe but you can turn the feathers off alternatively with the brow shape slider in racemenu/ showracemenu

1 hour ago, Ginzored said:

images below.

have you tried this mesh?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66220-yiffy-age-of-skyrim/?do=findComment&comment=2484187

I think MMG's feather mesh fixed the problem. (I was fiddling also, so I'm not sure which combination of what I ended up with.)

Bad Dog's compleat explanation of the grey face issue: 

In order to provide a good variety of NPCs, every NPC has a unique combination of chargen morphs, which warp the shape of the face, and tint layers, which change its coloring. But having to re-calculate the head shape and color for every NPC every time you go into a new area would be a big hit. So the facegen process (which you've heard me mention a bunch lately) pre-calculates the head shape and tint for every NPC. It produces a unique nif with all the head parts (hair, mouth, eyes, and earrings included) with whatever morphs you've chosen applied. It also produces a unique face tint that combines all the tints you chose. This is all it needs to put the NPC on the screen.

Problem arises when the definition of the NPC's head it gets from the ESP differs from what it found in the facegen file. For example, the grey face bug upthread was because some of the Breton head definitions were using a new mouth than the facegen nifs had. When that happens the engine throws up its hands, calls you rude names, and gives you the default nifs and textures for the race. For YA this isn't even so bad--you just get grey faces. For humans it looks pretty terrible. 

So since I have new head parts in YA5 (even the heads have completely different vertex counts) all the NPCs in old patches are going to have gray faces. 

39 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

28 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I think MMG's feather mesh fixed the problem. (I was fiddling also, so I'm not sure which combination of what I ended up with.)

Bad Dog's compleat explanation of the grey face issue: 

In order to provide a good variety of NPCs, every NPC has a unique combination of chargen morphs, which warp the shape of the face, and tint layers, which change its coloring. But having to re-calculate the head shape and color for every NPC every time you go into a new area would be a big hit. So the facegen process (which you've heard me mention a bunch lately) pre-calculates the head shape and tint for every NPC. It produces a unique nif with all the head parts (hair, mouth, eyes, and earrings included) with whatever morphs you've chosen applied. It also produces a unique face tint that combines all the tints you chose. This is all it needs to put the NPC on the screen.

Problem arises when the definition of the NPC's head it gets from the ESP differs from what it found in the facegen file. For example, the grey face bug upthread was because some of the Breton head definitions were using a new mouth than the facegen nifs had. When that happens the engine throws up its hands, calls you rude names, and gives you the default nifs and textures for the race. For YA this isn't even so bad--you just get grey faces. For humans it looks pretty terrible. 

So since I have new head parts in YA5 (even the heads have completely different vertex counts) all the NPCs in old patches are going to have gray faces. 

Sadly I tried the feather fix just after i posted and it did nothing for me. Also Bad Dog what do you mean Npc's from old patches? Pretty much everyone outside of khajiits or argonians have grey faces in my save. I'm about to start a new character to further test if its something recent that I've done.

20 hours ago, MS1 said:

Looks like a really nice mod! I will definitely use that on my next vampire playthrough. Always been somewhat unsatisfied with the vanilla model. Definitely recommend making that the YA model. 

Curious question, but what mod are you using to make the font look like that? Seems different from the standard Skyrim font.

That is the Magic Cards font meant to replicate the look of Morrowind's text somewhat.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Okay so this part I completely get. Anyone in Bruma would surely have a grey face because the facegens were not created with the new nifs. What I don't understand is why installing the patch makes random NPC's in the vanilla game have grey faces as well. Do some of the NPCs in Bruma share facegen data with the vanilla NPC's?

Sorry if I'm wasting your time, but my literal job is to fix and maintain computers all day, I can set up VM's and VLAN's half asleep but the way Skyrim does things confuses the hell out of me and sparks my morbid curiosity.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Nobody in standard Skyrim should have gray faces at this point. Pretty sure I fixed that in the last upload. 

I've been in the process of re-downloading and installing. I figured I was using the wrong version after checking. I thought I grabbed it when you posted it but apparently not! 

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

edit: after finishing the install i tried to check again and had the same issues. I do believe that means that the fault is with one of my mods. i'm rolling back to essentials only and working up from there.

Woo for update and Woo for alpha.

I am just having a hell of a time going to just clean install the whole thing with what little stable play i had on V5 the tale's were not attached to the skeleton? as in i would jump and the tail would be a few inches below the character or completely disconnected lol!

Sorry if some one already asked this question but would me clean installing the game fix that or is it just a part of the new V5 till it gets worked on a weebit more?

4 hours ago, Warvelton said:

I am just having a hell of a time going to just clean install the whole thing with what little stable play i had on V5 the tale's were not attached to the skeleton? as in i would jump and the tail would be a few inches below the character or completely disconnected lol!

You need to install HDT for the tails to work. Either that, or use the patch that reverts them all to the vanilla tail system instead.

HDT tails are not animated by the vanilla tail system (duh), but rather weighted to bones that are then moved around by HDT like it does with breast bones or hair bones or whatever. If you try to use HDT tails without having HDT installed, there's nothing to move the tail bones around and the mesh ends up remaining static and dettached from the standard character skeleton and movement (which is what you saw).

39 minutes ago, hyper15 said:

Ok so, last mod compatibility question I have is, does this mod work with Racemenu? 

I know some mods that have big overhauls like this one don't like to work with Racemenu so I was worried if this would be ok or not 

Huh, what? What are you talking about? Everything works with RaceMenu, except for ECE, but that's bound to happen because they both edit the exact same system and records. This mod is no exception to that.

Anyhow, @Bad Dog, is the current Alpha file (5.02) supposed to be close to final? 'Cause I just gave it a quick try and I seem to be having lots of issues even though I only got to check out the races during chargen.

From what I can remember, most races have very blatant neck seams (turning off ENB helps a bit but they are still pretty obvious), female Lykaios tails are straight up white instead of grey as they should (not sure if they don't pick up on skin tint or the textures don't match the body), panthers look like they are made of shiny plastic, Lykaios hairs are also shiny as hell and look fake, eyes look extremely dull like they are missing environment maps (though this could be due to me being used to the "fake glow" meshes instead), etc. I could try to get some pics of all that if need be.

I could have screwed up something during install, but I doubt it; and same goes for mod conflicts as I'm using a relatively minimal load order alongside the main YA 5.0 download and there's no reason for any of the other mods to be interfering with YA.

27 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Side note, the Selachii armor isn't showing up in the crafting menu 

This isn't relevant to YA, so for any other issues you may have with the mod, try to post them in the Selachii thread instead.

For the record, since Bad Dog has already stated several times that he's fine with it, I'm also usually cool with going a bit off-topic here as long as it ain't too far and there isn't anything important going on (hell, I do contribute to it myself sometimes, like the handful of posts about webcomics not long ago); but now that testing on the YA 5.0 alpha is in process, we shouldn't clutter the thread with other stuff.

...that being said, and while we're at it: the Selachii armors require some vanilla perks to be craftable (and thus show up on the crafting menu). IIRC it's Steel Smithing for the ligher variants and Advanced Armors for the heavier ones. Make sure you have those perks and check the forge menu again.