For some reason, it just started happening, whenever I am gagged and my follower found an item, the found item dialogue doesn't appear.
Instead, it's still the same dialogue options when you are, well, gagged.
"MMmmmm ~<3" and "mmmmm (struggle)"

I'm sure that it always prioritized the found item dialogue, and now it suddenly doesn't anymore.
Any ideas why this would happen?

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is up for adoption.

In the past, if I had no interest in making content for this mod I still had energy to fix bugs, but I haven't had energy or interest in that for over a month now. I haven't played skyrim in weeks. There are too many good video games to play, 1500 hours in skyrim and I'm all out of energy to play. I might come back to this at some point in the distant future, or find and fix a few bugs here and there, but I doubt I'll be adding any real content to the mod from this point on. I don't even have the energy to merge Hexbolt8's dialogue additions to the mod...

This mod is licensed GPL 3.0 (Open source) so anyone can copy it and continue the project, but if you release it, that version has to be open source. I feel keeping a mod's source code available for skyrim, or any work on a poorly documented language/engine/environment(skyrim), open for everyone to view and use is a huge boon to the community. I have lost count of the number of times I have found someone else had written a solution in their project that fixes a problem that was not solvable through google/creationkit.com

Technically I already gave this mod up for adoption to @legume(> 1 year ago), but immediately after that I decided to make follower dialogue (on the side) and by the time legume gave me his first huge list of changes to make to the mod he lost interest I think. Legume was the one who licensed it to GPL 3 so I don't think he would mind if someone else added to the project, but you could talk to him too if you were interested.

I've written basic guides on how to modify DEC for users in the past (1) (2), where the biggest hurdle is compiling scripts because DEC has so many soft requirements which often add to the compiling requirements. I can assist anyone who wishes to get that set up.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:14 PM, Verstort said:

The most common cause is you forgot to install UIExtensions, which can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57046

If you have this mod installed, can you provide a papyrus log from a fresh start?

I have UIExtensions, but still in the same problem. No MCM config menu only for this mod (v13.1.7.3). Everything else is fine.

Papyrus.0.log

On 8/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, Verstort said:

This mod is up for adoption.

In the past, if I had no interest in making content for this mod I still have energy to fix bugs, but I haven't had energy or interest in that for over a month now. I haven't played skyrim in weeks. There are too many good videos games to play, 1500 hours in skyrim and I'm all out of energy to play. I might come back to this at some point in the distant future, or find and fix a few bugs here and there, but I doubt I'll be adding any real content to the mod from this point on. I don't even have the energy to merge Hexbolt8's dialogue additions to the mod... 

This mod is licensed GPL 3.0 so anyone can copy it and continue the project, but if you release it it has to be open source. I feel keeping a mod's source code available for skyrim, or any work on a poorly documented language/engine/environment, open for everyone to view and use is a huge boon to the community. I have lost count of the number of times I have found someone else had written a solution in their project that fixes a problem that was not solvable through google/creationkit.com 

Technically I already gave this mod up for adoption to @legume(> 1 year ago), but immediately after that I decided to make follower dialogue (on the side) and by the time legume gave me his first huge list of changes to make to the mod he lost interest I think. He licensed it to GPL 3 so I don't think he would mind if someone else added to the project, but you could talk to him too if you were interested. 

I've written basic guides on how to modify DEC for users in the past (1) (2), where the biggest hurdle is compiling scripts because DEC has so many soft requirements which often add to the compiling requirements. I can assist anyone who wishes to get that set up.

I would like to thank Verstort for all his work on this.  It's been a great mod and it inspired a lot of what I have been working on.

I have not given up interest in this project at all; however, I rarely have time to work on it; today being the first day in many months that I've had some time.

I will continue to work on the mod and make some updates but I expect them to be rather slow in arriving :classic_sad:.

Going forward I expect many of the changes I make to be dependent on my Devious Framework (DFW) mod.  I don't see a point in creating redundant systems and not using the resources provided by that framework.  I am going to try to make everything dependent on DFW soft dependencies so DEC will run without it; however, this will limit the types of changes I can make slightly.  Many changes can still be done with soft dependencies.  At some point I may make a branch that requires DFW as a hard dependency but maintaining multiple branches rarely works so I'll try to delay that as long as I can.

I certainly don't have any problem with others working on it, I'll help as much as I can, and I'll try to accommodate.  Just keep in mind that I don't tend to get very much time to work on it.  If you want to take over the project as a project lead let me know and I'll submit any changes I make as per your processes.

Happy Modding,

legume.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, donttouchmethere said:

ohoh! ?

did DCL somehow became a hard requirement for DEC?

just started a new game without DCL and DECs MCM doesnt show up

after reinstalling DCL => the DEC MCM shows up again

I can't replicate this on my end. Can I get a papyrus log of you starting a new save without cursed loot and a broken DEC MCM, and/or a previous save with the same problem?

On 9/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, Verstort said:

I can't replicate this on my end. Can I get a papyrus log of you starting a new save without cursed loot and a broken DEC MCM, and/or a previous save with the same problem?

i guess than its like with sexlab survival + DEC again

or better:

SLS searching for the same mods as DEC does

- Slaverun

+ DEC (soft dep)

+ SLS  (soft dep)

=> one mod will fail (solved already)

- Cursed Loot

+ DEC (soft dep)

+ SLS   (sopft dep)

=> one mod will fail (seems to be a new issue about soft multimoddeb )

more here Multiple mods soft dependency

atm i have in my load order:

+ SRR

+ DCL

+ DEC

+ SLS

=> that works

6 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

i guess than its like with sexlab survival + DEC again

or better:

SLS searching for the same mods as DEC does

- Slaverun

+ DEC (soft dep)

+ SLS  (soft dep)

=> one mod will fail (solved already)

- Cursed Loot

+ DEC (soft dep)

+ SLS   (sopft dep)

=> one mod will fail (seems to be a new issue about soft multimoddeb )

more here Multiple mods soft dependency

atm i have in my load order:

+ SRR

+ DCL

+ DEC

+ SLS

=> that works

Tested again with SLS, without DCL, and DEC MCM still shows up on my end.

I don't play with SLS regularly, I don't see a MCM when I have -DEC and -DCL set, so I'm, assuming it doesn't exist, although I could have missed it, DEC being installed doesn't seem to affect it.

But lets assume on my end SLS has a MCM menu that is there (I missed it) but always loses the fight with DEC to have a MCM menu when both are installed but not DCL. That soft dependency conflict is specific to calling script functions on quest objects, or at least that's the scope we know so far. Looking at my own code I don't see any place where DEC uses this form of soft dependency with DCUR (I weened DEC off of dcurLibs awhile back). The only code I can see that should conflict would be the following

(Mods.dcurDamselQuest as dcur_lbquestScript).StartQuest()

Mods.dcurLeonQuest.Stop()

dcurBondageQuest.IsRunning() && dcurBondageQuest.GetStage()

These functions are inherited as part of the Quest class I thought it would be immune to that issue. Mono has already confirmed in the other thread that GetStage cannot cause the issue, I just assumed the others were alright.

I need to do some fidling before I can compile on this machine again, I might have a build here in a while that comments all of that out for you to test, but again from my side there is no issue I can track down as it works on my side. You sure you don't have a log?

---

Here's an experimental build where I just commented out those cursed loot functions, they should be broken in the mod now but all we wanted to know was if it would get MCM to post right? Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.17.5a EXPERIMENTAL).7z

SLS has an MCM, it rather important, at least from my MCM madness point of view^^

well thats odd,

as soon as i found out that DEC wouldnt start (no MCM, no debug console entrys), i reinstalled DCL and all works again

but maybe there is some confirmation bias too => i reinstalled UIextension (EFF), its possible that this messed things up, load order was same tho

alright, i must admit, only pocking in the dark here without logs/save

i will test it again as soon as its time for a new load order with the experimental version

thx for looking into that issue, even if its maybe a fling shot

okey not sure why, but DEC works fine now without DCL installed

i reinstalled UIextensions and removed Slaverun

(i used the newest DEC version and not the experimental version, because i was sure it wouldnt work and i need to switch to DECexperimental, well suprise it works)

( "Here's an experimental build where I just commented out those cursed loot functions, they should be broken in the mod now but all we wanted to know was if it would get MCM to post right? Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.17.5a EXPERIMENTAL).7z"  => not only the MCM didnt show up last time, even the whole mod didnt work at all)

my guess:

after reinstalling EFF+UIextensions something went wrong (but other mods that need UIextensions showed up)

DCL wasnt deinstalled right and leftovers borked DEC (NMM seems to have trouble with DCL install/deinstall, after reinstalling/deinstalling it seems all files got removed now)

or deinstalling SRR sloved a conflict

(didnt touch the installed DEC)

what ever it was, its not the fault of DEC or SLS

at least i found out how your "mmmhhh" dialog works, pretty cool

always thought the follower needs a key to help, but it seems they just need to get rejected a bit to become unhelpful

EDIT: no DEC without DCL + SLS doesnt work on my setup, i will make you some logs and savegames

EDIT2: [CRDE] zazkeywordeffect refresh is not loading, are you sure you installed zaz?

On 9/7/2018 at 1:23 AM, donttouchmethere said:

<reference to logs>

at least i found out how your "mmmhhh" dialog works, pretty cool

always thought the follower needs a key to help, but it seems they just need to get rejected a bit to become unhelpful

EDIT: no DEC without DCL doesnt work on my setup, i will make you some logs and savegames

EDIT2: [CRDE] zazkeywordeffect refresh is not loading, are you sure you installed zaz?

Looks like the offending code is this:

(Mods.dcurDamselQuest as dcur_lbquestScript).StartQuest()

which sucks, that means I cannot start quests with startquest if another mod loads the same quest to look up info after all. I'll need to check if I can bypass with a mod event

Edit: Try this: Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.17.6 Testing).7z

makes sense from my "dont know what he is doing" point of view

SLS starts its own Bondage Adventure Quest quest with the start of the DCL Bondage Adventure Quest

(doesnt matter what mod triggered it, SLS quest will start too)

means i will install DECexperimental and remove DCL to see what happens

EDIT: oops, nearly grabbed the wrong file there ;D

EDIT2: v13.17.6 WORKS =D (-DCL +SLS)

EDIT3: still works

A quick QOL request please next time you are in the esp - some of the responses to the player refusal dialogue choice "Not now"  are missing the Goodbye flag so dialogue doesn't close when the follower replies "Well alright then" or "Maybe later" etc.

Also a slightly more complicated QOL - would it be possible to suspend follower approaches if they player is sneaking or has a weapon drawn? It does seem a bit strange to get asked for sex as you sneak up on the enemy or have drawn a weapon and are about to attack.

Finally if that suspend option worked OK in play it would be possible in the future to consider having more aggressive responses to "Not now" depending on arousal/frustration etc. 

2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

A quick QOL request please next time you are in the esp - some of the responses to the player refusal dialogue choice "Not now"  are missing the Goodbye flag so dialogue doesn't close when the follower replies "Well alright then" or "Maybe later" etc.

Also a slightly more complicated QOL - would it be possible to suspend follower approaches if they player is sneaking or has a weapon drawn? It does seem a bit strange to get asked for sex as you sneak up on the enemy or have drawn a weapon and are about to attack.

Finally if that suspend option worked OK in play it would be possible in the future to consider having more aggressive responses to "Not now" depending on arousal/frustration etc. 

i do know that you can turn off the part where the follower will approach directly, it will say  "follower wants to talk" when they want to equip an item (which doesnt go away when combat is started, or "follower is aroused" when they want sex, this one is canceled when combat starts.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i do know that you can turn off the part where the follower will approach directly, it will say  "follower wants to talk" when they want to equip an item (which doesnt go away when combat is started, or "follower is aroused" when they want sex, this one is canceled when combat starts.

Yes - you can use that setup, but I would suggest that whilst being able to ignore "follower wants to talk" is fine if the follower is neutral or submissive it doesn't seem right that you can ignore your Dom follower for as long as you like.

8 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Yes - you can use that setup, but I would suggest that whilst being able to ignore "follower wants to talk" is fine if the follower is neutral or submissive it doesn't seem right that you can ignore your Dom follower for as long as you like.

i agree that you shouldnt ignore a Dom follower for long, it is, IMO, the easier solution to the approach when getting ready for combat. since the Dom follower would look at it, again IMO, that you are killing a potential threat to your master/mistress.

i personally asked if there was a way to set up a detection for when your bow is drawn your follower wouldnt approach. i didnt get an answer that i understood.

i ran into a problem trying to add a custom master to the list since i want to use a specific npc as my player's master. i followed your directions exactly however once i get to this step:
"Open the first script attached to this quest, 'crdedistantenslavescript' select it and hit properties or double click" i get "errors encountered while attempting to reload the script" 

10 hours ago, grellicious said:

i ran into a problem trying to add a custom master to the list since i want to use a specific npc as my player's master. i followed your directions exactly however once i get to this step:
"Open the first script attached to this quest, 'crdedistantenslavescript' select it and hit properties or double click" i get "errors encountered while attempting to reload the script" 

Oh, you mean the error blocks you from accessing the distantenslave properties window?

If its the error I think it is, it's unfortunately caused by you not having enough soft dependencies installed. Last time I ran into that error I found creation kit stupidly goes parsing deeper into the script file than it needs to for that window, and if it runs into a type error deeper in the code it stops loading. It shouldn't need to parse deeper than the script properties, but that's bethesda for you...

Looking quickly at the script source, there are several soft mod dependencies that might trigger this: SD+, Wolfclub, Simple slavery, Cursed loot. Creation kit probably needs to find the source code for all of them to let you past.

I wonder if I can just create a dummy script for users like you to get past this far enough into creation kit to change the properties... I can't compile on this machine right now though, you could install those and see if it works or wait until tonight when I can compile you a workaround.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, Bane Master said:

thats actualy an interesting question, as far as i understand it:

if you ignore your dom follower often enough => no early help out of DDs if you ask for help or via the "mmmhh" dialog

what would be interesting is: does the follower still need a key to help or is it just the frustration lvl of your follower that decides if you get help or not?

7 hours ago, Verstort said:

Oh, you mean the error blocks you from accessing the distantenslave properties window?

If its the error I think it is, it's unfortunately caused by you not having enough soft dependencies installed. Last time I ran into that error I found creation kit stupidly goes parsing deeper into the script file than it needs to for that window, and if it runs into a type error deeper in the code it stops loading. It shouldn't need to parse deeper than the script properties, but that's bethesda for you...

Looking quickly at the script source, there are several soft mod dependencies that might trigger this: SD+, Wolfclub, Simple slavery, Cursed loot. Creation kit probably needs to find the source code for all of them to let you past.

I wonder if I can just create a dummy script for users like you to get past this far enough into creation kit to change the properties... I can't compile on this machine right now though, you could install those and see if it works or wait until tonight when I can compile you a workaround.

i have SD+ and simple slavery, but not wolfclub since it had a lot of requirements and im not really into what the mod has to offer with the whole amputation aspects of it. i also run it on an older computer (i really should transfer everything to my newer desktop but ive been lazy about that)