A little warning to mod creators of non adult mods....

LordNecris

lol that chesko talent passion and skill all present but financial barrier...

That's a Funny passion

Real passion has no barriers

Get Ready For a Neko Wisdom

im about to loose my apartment 3 weeks late on rent no incomes for next month

late on net and phone bills late on electric bills

late on everything..cant afford food or fix my teeth

Because i spent wayyy too much time doing requests for free..for 2 dam years

Why am i being so dumb? Cause Purple Kitsumimi's is my passion xD

You won't see me turn around and show you my asshole though

i'll stay just has poor

That's my own fault isn't it? noone else's

i could of charged for it or just say no..

Or i could of taken my time and get a real job while working 2-3 hours a day on a mod

Nope i went full retard and been spending 100+ hours a week into all this for 1 single donation over 2 years no joke ONE

And i even pay and host my own site, so modding actually costs me money + time + people all use adblock.. 

Well Cry me a river that's life, wouldn't be the first time i simply get abused on in anyway

If you want money from modding my opinion is create a game yourself and sell it and make a cash shop or go work for someone else...

Or offer spectacular support and promote people into donating for your kindness.

That's how streamers gets donations by having boobs or being awesome. so modding ain't so different

Funny how youtube showcasers makes 30 times more money then the modders itself. Well? how about it

Durr maybe if we spent some time into making video's ourselves to showcase our own mods we could get some kind of financial support

Has a freelancer with no copyrights backing your work, no layers nothing..Can't expect much

QQin over the fact that you spend to much time into something and that because of THAT you are financially unable to continue is simply Bullshit

the only thing i ate in 3 days is a stack of lays stax Nature. a big fat 600 calories

I still pulled out 3 conversions in a row. Why? Because i am horribly stupid that's why. without a doubt no other reasons. I'm addicted to it

i i i....got....to.....CREATTTTTTE =3

But heck i really love it and yes i would love to be able to keep on going further and make this a living.

Or I could be learning more stuff with the skills i took in and do something good not try to rip off people with mods that anyways people will steal like vultures

Then simply get a bad cheap ass reputation.

My Nekomimi Project for New vegas All together is a 3600 hours work project

And even has a full package with 30+ armors 30+ weapons 3 followers totally remodelled stuff, 13 bodies, tails etc etc etc

Noone Would buy it, since even me i probly wouldn't because it is not made by a brand i can trust

Sure most Game DLC is barely any content at all. but its made by the dev's and sold by the dev's and has easy integration made for it

Those workshop mods.. 60% of them time will completely fk up manager's and completely corrupt a game.. so why the fk would i want to use it

Real modders should see things such has modding OTHER peoples games has a learning tool

The only reward you are supposed to get from modding a game you did not create, using tools you did not create, part you did not fully create

Is knowledge

Then that knowledge if used properly can get you a job into what you want and then you win

That **I need money cause i spend alot of hours modding** excuse is a weak coward way of saying i fail please help me

It's not like i don't understand lol.. i see so many people with barely 300 hours of modding under them and they go on a crazy whining spree...

Has a guy that personally spent easily 6500+ hours in the last 2 years into modding tera-new vegas-skyrim-league

all i got to say is that's bullshit

Modders are not 8 to 5 workers, and me has a very unlore friendly modder even Hated

And modding.. even if id say 2000 hours are requests from other people that never even donated and some didnt even say thank you

I still did it because somehow that armor appealed to me, Because if i don't like an armor i will definitely not convert it or add colors or physics

So saying i lost 2000 hours because of others is a dam selfish accusation

Because in the end i actually liked those armors, just did them in a certain order due to a request nothing else.

Browse my mods and 85% of comments is QQin and raging with 1-2 thank you in between

And i mod so much...that i never have time to play and use them...

i never even finished skyrim or new vegas... like not even halfway threw and thats before i learned all this

I am happy with what i have done and thats all that matters

Those people.. are like babies waiting to get a pat on the back to digest and can't function if you don't

I should be one of the first to be jumping on the tables going yay finally some recognition 

But this is called the easy way out

and the easy way out never pays in the long run

Make people recognize you, refine your skills and then work something out

Saying that the only problem is Financial Barrier is BS

Cause if you have the necessary skills and passion then you could easily find a way

Big companies are looking to hire exactly that, skills and passion

So the skills and passion must not be very high

Which is why im still being stupid, because i know eventually i will have a Eureka Moment

But this steam thing...is a Preparation H moment

I prefer to be a poor pile of crap that people kinda appreciate even though they show absolutely no compassion

then be seen has a cheap bastard

After reading through some clarifications on Reddit. I can't say I'm 100% against this as long as content developers always approach it as an option of support.

Chesko has stated that everything he releases on the Workshop will also be available via the Nexus and his own site for free, and hes been honest and open that the "newest" version of his stuff will likely be available on Steam first, but he will only be doing that to give people an option to support his work and if people want it for free they can still get it from the Nexus or his own site not to long after the Steam release.

I don't personally have a problem with that, but I can say that any author that exclusively makes their content paid content only will no longer have a place in my load order. I don't care how good the work is.

So its all going to be down to how people approach this really. And if the worst case scenario happens....there will always be the next generation of modders coming up that are more than willing to share their creations for free simply to ensure that its their stuff that people use.

All right, so I woke up at 8, made coffee, then turned on the rig and the browser, and find that Valve just went ahead.

Well goddamn... it's like those cash-only Sims3 hair modders who try to cockblock every conversion to Skyrim, only this time it's going to be several times much worse now that Valve has gone ahead with the fucking program.

To add: looking at Google Play, for every successful game there's a dozen shitty games that tries to copycat. Same thing with flash-based games that are marketed to kids but are really horrible.

Best case scenario going forward for FO4 and beyond, modding will splinter to Steam/other-publisher-sanction platforms with pay wall and online check vs. underground scenes using jailbreak games with the publisher actively going after the latter.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions here considering this is your "best case scenario". We can speculate all we'd like but there's no evidence to suggest that the next Bethesda release is going to handle modding any differently, and certainly not to that extent. Watch your step on that slope, it's slippery.

The slippery slope is not mine.  It may not happen with FO4 but it will happen whether we like it or not.  From a business perspective it just makes too much sense to bring the ecosystem inhouse.   Maybe not this coming cycle but it will happen, just like how MS Windows shareware/freeware has been replaced by Android Play and Apple iTunes.  One can argue the greater good of maintaining an open system but the fact is that Play/iTune are superior profit models.

The point I will concede, and rightly so is the degree of aggressiveness that publishers will go after jailbreak modders.  Maybe in the best case Bethesda won't have a problem of modding communities providing free mods doing whatever they want even far out into the future.

The slippery slope is not mine.  It may not happen with FO4 but it will happen whether we like it or not.  From a business perspective it just makes too much sense to bring the ecosystem inhouse.

From a business perspective, this all depends on whether or not consumers vote with their wallets.  I've never spent a cent on dlc, and I wont spend a cent on mods.

The only question you have to ask is if you will.

Considering Fores' fierce position against all forms of piracy, and that his FNIS is a must for all sorts of animation mods, I wonder what's his say on the controversy.

One of Chesko's 'pay for' mods was already taken down.  I believe because Fore found out that it uses FNIS and told him, "no, you can't do that."

This year so far has been a hunt for loose change by companies and govts around the world. Tax laws have changed, people getting searched for large amounts of cash on trains in euroland and anyone depositing $3000 or more at one time set off alarms now to govt and withdraw $5000 or more also. The level of corruption is really high right now in major govts around the world. Things are supposed to get really REALLY bad in five years or less from all the financial stuff I have been reading this year. Anything these companies can get they will get it and putting that kind of pressure on gamers just makes them stop gaming at some point. Getting a real job not some crap job with less that 30 hrs a week to avoid commie care laws is dam near impossible. Major companies now post job offers for six figure salaries but they don't hire anyone because the offers are meant to make it look like their company is growing when it is not so their stock price will increase. When shady shit like this is the norm it means a lot of things are over valued. Deflation is just around the corner and these companies are desperate to stay in business.

Considering Fores' fierce position against all forms of piracy, and that his FNIS is a must for all sorts of animation mods, I wonder what's his say on the controversy.

I'm not really concerned. He seems honest. I wouldn't really expect him to turn FNIS into paid thing.

The worst case scenario I can imagine are new versions of FNIS being paid, but we can always use the older ones. They work.

I more interested in his opinion on pirating paid mods. What will be his logic and reasoning about that.

The slippery slope is not mine.  It may not happen with FO4 but it will happen whether we like it or not.  From a business perspective it just makes too much sense to bring the ecosystem inhouse.

From a business perspective, this all depends on whether or not consumers vote with their wallets.  I've never spent a cent on dlc, and I wont spend a cent on mods.

The only question you have to ask is if you will.

This is why I hate people paraphrasing on posts.  The point of my original post if you happened to read is that it has been established in micro-transaction models that 5-10% of users are responsible for 50-90% of revenue.  The action by you, me or even 90% of players do not matter vs. the 5-10% who will pay.

This is why I hate people paraphrasing on posts.  The point of my original post if you happened to read is that it has been established in micro-transaction models that 5-10% of users are responsible for 50-90% of revenue.  The action by you, me or even 90% of players do not matter vs. the 5-10% who will pay.

Oooh yeah sorry, I did miss that.  I've been up too late it seems, but this event was fascinating enough that I've lost track of time.  Off to bed I go.

What you say is both true and saddening, but at the same time I feel like enough negative PR from the 5-10% of people who are immensely outraged over this could stop this dead.

After reading through some clarifications on Reddit. I can't say I'm 100% against this as long as content developers always approach it as an option of support.

Chesko has stated that everything he releases on the Workshop will also be available via the Nexus and his own site for free, and hes been honest and open that the "newest" version of his stuff will likely be available on Steam first, but he will only be doing that to give people an option to support his work and if people want it for free they can still get it from the Nexus or his own site not to long after the Steam release.

I don't personally have a problem with that, but I can say that any author that exclusively makes their content paid content only will no longer have a place in my load order. I don't care how good the work is.

So its all going to be down to how people approach this really. And if the worst case scenario happens....there will always be the next generation of modders coming up that are more than willing to share their creations for free simply to ensure that its their stuff that people use.

Hate to start something here but you shouldn't support any aspect of this, while i do agree that modders should be appreciated more for their work, this is not the way to do it.

A simple big bright red fucking button that says donate on it would have sufficed, not this crap. And their is so many problems with this that a team of lawyers probably couldn't even figure out unless you had an entire team and even then it would be hard.

I am always looking to support modders for their work but this type of system is not a good way of doing it, it's going to divide their attention & intentions and give different forms of motivation while the bad side of that motivation is more likely to intervene here.

This kind of thing also splits up the unified community of modding, your tune will also change when a new bethesda game comes out!. You will see.

Edit - just realized how relevant my signature is at the moment LMAO

Guys, guys, guys, this is all so totally cool. 'Cause like, all these modders who want to get paid are saying this is only bad because EVERY SINGLE PERSON who isn't a modder is totally mean to them and always flaming them! So we gotta be nice to them and stuff with money, because otherwise we're all mean!

It totally makes sense now!

Sent this to isoku on the Nexus, it states my complete opinon on the matter and is all I'm going to say on it.

-------

Hey, in the midst of all the hate and s*** flying around over this whole issue lately (workshop comments are worse than even Youtube comments), I just wanted to say thank you for the mods, Wet and Cold kinda killed my papyrus what with my other mods as well but not having NPCs in Windhelm and Winterold with cloaks and frost breaths just robs the game of a whole feeling that mod gives me, I have high hopes for the new version. iNeed, I love it, it gets better very release. Realistic Water Two has been in my load order for a long time. And so on.

And I actually think you deserve to be rewarded for the mods, both you and Chesko and others who have contributed mods that have added so much this game. As such I will be donating to you here, and downloading the mods once it reaches the Nexus, as I don't use or like the Workshop at all, and because I sure as hell don't want to give Steam 75 % of the asking price.

So keep up the good work please, and don't let the negative comments from morons who haven't bothered to read up on your thoughts on the whole matter get to you!

This really makes me deathly afraid about what might happen to the unparalleled freedom users have when modding. While some modders prefer to keep their assets private or not allow others to use them, most of the modding scene is built on the foundation of being an enthusiastic collection of hobbyists who all want to work together to improve their individual games as they like. And to do so, they draw from the infinite pool of creativity the members have put together, tossing ideas around, borrowing assets and looking at how mods are built to make one's own, and so on. How is that camaraderie supposed to survive if people want to hold all rights to their assets and keep their process a secret so that people will buy their mods? If integral tools to building your ideal individual installation are locked behind paywalls? If, rather than helping out your fellow modder under the flag of modding, you now have incentive to demand a cut of the profits for your time?

Let me reiterate a point:

Trying to compare this situation with The Sims or SecondLife is not really apt, because those games actually work without mods, and the mods are just optional extras.

I'm sorry I don't want to sound rude but for The Sims 3 is not even remotely true, google NRaa's (and that's the tip of the iceberg)

To keep on-topic. As Kendo said, charging money for mods almost destroyed The Sims modding community, of course Skyrim's is completely different but with Fallout 4 coming soon I can smell the shitstorm from here...

Well, I don't like where this is going, but I fear pc gamers are losing in the long run. If beth and zenimax are going for the console mod thingy, pc gamers are pretty much screwed I think. Console gamers are plenty (probably over 80% of their actual customers) and likely won't give a shit as long as they can run mods on their xbo.

Let me reiterate a point:

Trying to compare this situation with The Sims or SecondLife is not really apt, because those games actually work without mods, and the mods are just optional extras.

I'm sorry I don't want to sound rude but for The Sims 3 is not even remotely true, google NRaa's (and that's the tip of the iceberg)

To keep on-topic. As Kendo said, charging money for mods almost destroyed The Sims modding community, of course Skyrim's is completely different but with Fallout 4 coming soon I can smell the shitstorm from here...

The controversy over hair mods was just a preview of what's going on today.

People are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Half the mods on that 'paid' list are junk. Some are also still up for free on Nexus (Wet and Cold specifically). Nobody is forcing you to pay for it.

But damn if modders don't deserve some compensation for all the work they put into what they do. If someone feels it's worth it, they can reward the creator. If not, they can get it for free off the nexus, or somewhere else. it's a free market.

Archived