A little warning to mod creators of non adult mods....

LordNecris

Nexus had advanced warning as we all did if you looked at the latest Changelog to the Workshop and Creation Kit, and those mods in the launch package also knew in advance, which is why even though Fostfall was completed long ago and Chesko was done with it, now he's making a new version of it and that Camping mod is the "Core" of the new Frostfall.

That's why Dark one posted about it, Seriously this was the plan when Skyrim went on Steam Workshop originally.

This was the initial reason the Nexus expanded to it's multiple game mode to start with, they expected it long ago, but Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) made a mess of the Workshop Launch as usual and instead of Steam becoming the center of Skyrim Modding, it just made Nexus bigger than ever.

Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) will also have updated the Skyrim EULA to "Permit them to charge for Mods.

Even if the Bethesda Game Studios (BGS) Developers hate this, they can do nothing as Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) are the "AAA" Publisher and they make all the decisions not the devs, who are just employees.

Thing is this isn't even actually about Skyrim they botched this at first and use Skyrim now to test the response, it's about Fallout 4 and TES 6. They will be on a new engine with modding restricted to Steam Workshop in some online DRM type way.

The only reason they are doing it to Skyrim is to get the Flaming done beforehand, they seriously think PC gamers will accept this.

The real problem is many Mod Authors think they deserve Paying for "Their Mods", the reality is modding is a community that has built on what came before, where is the line drawn.

Where did they learn too mod, whose knowledge and tools enabled them to mod, things like SkSE, TES5Edit, LOOT, Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash and many more indirectly vital mods.

Who helped with Bug Fixing and helped the noobs on the forum. How many get a Share of the spoils.

Sell ing Mods is impossible, because it's not a mod when paid for it's DLC and as STeam and Bethesda are taking cash for that DLC they must support it, in Europe if not the US.

Mod Author becomes an Indie Developer and equally obliged to provide support to the entitled customers, they sold a product to.

What about the refund stuff? Doesn't it mean you can buy it, copy the .esp/whatever files and ask for a refund?

Yes, that's what the people who bought all the pay for mods and uploaded them did.  Going to buy a game?  Download all those mods and get them refunded first, copy the files to your cracked non-steam skyrim and enjoy them and that new game you bought with the refunded money in your steam wallet.

evil plan i like it theres hope for you yet i have nothing on my wallet you download them then copy them then get refunded hit them where it hurts ;)

Nexus had advanced warning as we all did if you looked at the latest Changelog to the Workshop and Creation Kit, and those mods in the launch package also knew in advance, which is why even though Fostfall was completed long ago and Chesko was done with it, now he's making a new version of it and that Camping mod is the "Core" of the new Frostfall.

That's why Dark one posted about it, Seriously this was the plan when Skyrim went on Steam Workshop originally.

This was the initial reason the Nexus expanded to it's multiple game mode to start with, they expected it long ago, but Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) made a mess of the Workshop Launch as usual and instead of Steam becoming the center of Skyrim Modding, it just made Nexus bigger than ever.

Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) will also have updated the Skyrim EULA to "Permit them to charge for Mods, even if the Bethesda Game Studios (BGS) Developers hate this, they can do nothing as Zenimax Media (=Bethesda Softworks) are the "AAA" Publisher and they make all the decisions not the devs, who are just employees.

Thing is this isn't even actually about Skyrim, it's about Fallout 4 and TES 6. They will be On a new engine with modding restricted to Steam Workshop in some online DRM type way.

The only reason they are doing it to Skyrim is to get the Flaming done beforehand, they seriously think PC gamers will accept this.

The real problem is many Mod Authors think they deserve Paying for "Their Mods", the reality is modding is a community that has built on what came before, where is the line drawn.

Where did they learn too mod, whose knowledge and tools enabled them to mod, things like SkSE, TES5Edit, LOOT, Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash and many more indirectly vital mods.

Who helped with Bug Fixing and helped the noobs on the forum. How many get a Share of the spoils.

Sell ing Mods is impossible, because it's not a mod when paid for it's DLC and as STeam and Bethesda are taking cash for that DLC they must support it, in Europe if not the US.

Mod Author becomes an Indie Developer and equally obliged to provide support to the entitled customers, they sold a product to.

Very well put sir!. I really do hope by the time E3 rolls around, that people will riot at bethesdas section or at least protest because the more i think about this, the more furious i become and the more i think this is fucking cancer!.

To that I answer : 27 dollars bundle, 17 swords, 2 armors and a blue rabbit unicorn.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429226887

...thanks?

Sorry I thought your image with small priced items addressed at me was a sophisticated way to tell me that bundle didn't exist. I'm afraid I have no idea why you shared that pic then ?  :huh:

You said it was $27 dollars for 17 swords and two armors. I interpreted this as a statement regarding the lack of content for the large price. Therefore, I posted a picture of the current pay mod page with all the images replaced with pictures of Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC as a joke comparing the current situation with that of the much-derided aforementioned official DLC release.

Ahaha man I'm dumb, didn't even look at the pictures somehow :D That is accurate tho ahaha

Finally finished TotalBiscuit's video, you're right actually he does have a lot of good points, I guess I was put off by the initial analogy. That's what you get smoking pot while debating. 

This whole thing will get bad like second life kind of bad:-( Before this happened, how many mods from skyrim and oblivion had ended up in second life? LOTS of them and it is still happening.

Some very important modders like the authors of FNIS and skyUI may just decide to stop modding and what then? nothing will work for animations and bodies and similar stuff? These few modders hold the short term keys to this whole thing. They pull the plug at the right time and no more money for the sellouts on workshop.

Reading the latest nexus article comments section about this whole thing someone there mentioned Arthmoor charging for mods but when I go back to look for that comment they already deleted it. Looking at arthmoor steam page I don't see any prices listed. Do I have to be logged in to see prices? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051804717/myworkshopfiles?p=1

He was actually charging a couple of dollars for the Castle Volkihar Rebuilt mod. I wonder what happened to make him unlist it. (He's a pompous asshat either way. I hate his attitude so.. damn.. much..)

People are pissed, everywhere about this shit.

You come home after working two or more jobs for the sole benefit of utility companies and your landlord instead of yourself and you want to relax playing games? Now you have to pay for every dam single mod you use in skyrim? next it will be other games? fuck that shit! People need stress release that doesn't cost anything. When even that is taken away the people will get mad and actually do something like stop playing games and make a difference somehow. These desperate game companies are trying to see just exactly how far they can take shit like this before they lose customers in significant numbers.

The comments section is lowering the whole planet's IQ.

That spamming thing with the middle finger and DLC written next to it is imho the dumbest thing I've seen on Steam in a long while. And Steam has never seen much clever since it began, so there's that to consider.

Valve is banning joke modders. Like actual bans. 

Sebastian iconGames.png Il y a 17 minutes 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
This is my alt account, steam is banning accounts that say anything bad about paid workshop from talking in discussions. Be careful! Steam is censoring information againts paid workshop

From the "author" of the I Am Rich joke mod (which added a daedric greatsword which did absolutely nothing). Whatever. 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s53/sh/3c4f3e29-9b4e-41cf-9a72-1b3ed9f70c62/c727dccbb3398aebb5946afac7faaaea

Open Letter to the Skyrim Community by Chesko, if anyone wants to read it.

My opinion:

"When the talent, passion, and skill are all present, it’s painful when the barrier to taking things to the next level becomes a financial one."
Is the only legitimate argument in his entire post, and the reply is obvious.

Get a patreon and ask for donations. If people really want to play your mods that bad, they'll give you money so they can. If you couldn't make it voluntarily like that, then you couldn't make it on steam workshop anyways, and that's what pisses me off so much about this.

I was never against someone who spent thousands of hours on a mod making money, as long as it was voluntary. You shouldn't be making a mod in order to make money, it isn't a job.  McDonalds is hiring if you need money that badly. If you think you NEED money to make your mod, ask for it. If you're good enough and have a good reputation in the modding community, you'll get it.

Too bad that after this he'll probably never get a cent from anyone.

Get a patreon and ask for donations. If people really want to play your mods that bad, they'll give you money so they can.

I'm actually legitimately curious, and this is to everyone on this site: If Sexout or SexLab or whatever had a donate button or a Patreon link or whatever beside it, how many people here would actually use it?

Get a patreon and ask for donations. If people really want to play your mods that bad, they'll give you money so they can.

I'm actually legitimately curious, and this is to everyone on this site: If Sexout or SexLab or whatever had a donate button or a Patreon link or whatever beside it, how many people here would actually use it?

I'd give a few people here money.  Veladarius definitely.  I've probably sunk over a dozen hours running through his mod and every variation of it that I can.  Greyspammer if his next update is great, and a few other people.

How long will this mod last lol? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65022/?

i doubt itll hit the shelfs since steam has to verifie it if you look on steam shop for skyrim mods there is a paid items under review

which im guessing is the needs to be oked before put on sale ?

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&browsesort=forsale_pendingapproval&section=readytouseitems&browsefilter=forsale_pendingapproval&p=1

Archived