A little warning to mod creators of non adult mods....

LordNecris

This whole thing will probably kill any interest people may have in any future bugesta games, we were all sitting around hoping to see fallout 4 or next es game until this shit hit the fan. I already hate steam with a passion, can't stand counterstrike go and twitch was a bust for me trying to make some money from ads while playing games.

I think this modders getting paid thing is an extension of twitch gamers... don't look good on camera? make a mod instead.

Just a few months ago there were a sudden rush of articles on financial sites like cnbc and others talking about people getting rich playing video games and mentioned esea and twitch etc. Maybe this is also companies trying to pile on to that shit?

I remember reading that the next bugfesta game was quake or doom right? not fallout 4 or es? if so then maybe this whole thing means bugfesta is desperate? ESO was a flop and had to go free to play so they might feel like they have to get that money back from somewhere.

Just a few months ago there were a sudden rush of articles on financial sites like cnbc and others talking about people getting rich playing video games and mentioned esea and twitch etc. Maybe this is also companies trying to pile on to that shit?

I remember reading that the next bugfesta game was quake or doom right? not fallout 4 or es? if so then maybe this whole thing means bugfesta is desperate? ESO was a flop and had to go free to play so they might feel like they have to get that money back from somewhere.

defiance by trion was a game where you had to buy the disc to play like cod then they went free to play i still play it and buy stuff off the store when i can afford it i just wish they would fix the lag on it it kills you with enemies shooting you but not showing in the area so you cant hit the fuckers cruising at top speeds in your car to suddenly hit a invisable blockade

Lag is what keeps me away from online gaming. I did lag shooting YEARS ago in late 90s with mechwarrior 2 mercs and that was enough for me, trying through the years to play online games and putting up with all kinds of problems including lag I have decided to stop playing online games completely. But if everything is on steam you can't just play offline it has to be online to work. Like I said earlier this is a sign of the end of the gaming industry.

People already have to get at least two jobs to pay the bills and rent food etc. Adding on more and more bills for them just pushes people away and as the economy gets worse everywhere people will only care about essentials. I bet a bunch of game releases get pushed back to next year as early as the middle of this year.

Guest endgameaddiction

It's more than possible that New Vegas and Skyrim will be the last moddable games available on outside communities. Possible the next Fallout series and TESVI mods will be exclusively only available (legally) on Steam. With my assumption that if GECK and CK does cost money and does require you to be logged on Steam, what ever you save directly goes into steam and not on your PC itself. To prevent creating free mods in other communities since Valve has a take in this. There is no way they can do that with Skyrim now because there is just way too many mods here and on Nexus alone. And to completely shut these sites down is taking a big risk into the mass majority never supporting Bethesda ever again.

It's more than possible that New Vegas and Skyrim will be the last moddable games available on outside communities. Possible the next Fallout series and TESVI mods will be exclusively only available (legally) on Steam. With my assumption that if GECK and CK does cost money and does require you to be logged on Steam, what ever you save directly goes into steam and not on your PC itself. To prevent creating free mods in other communities since Valve has a take in this. There is no way they can do that with Skyrim now because there is just way too many mods here and on Nexus alone. And to completely shut these sites down is taking a big risk into the mass majority never supporting Bethesda ever again.

They're just asking people to yohoho their games and look for a way to crack things.

Sony could give them some classes.

Reading the latest nexus article comments section about this whole thing someone there mentioned Arthmoor charging for mods but when I go back to look for that comment they already deleted it. Looking at arthmoor steam page I don't see any prices listed. Do I have to be logged in to see prices? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051804717/myworkshopfiles?p=1

no you dont need to be signed in

if you look at this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/corvalho/myworkshopfiles/?appid=72850

f7175d7eece751be68157068d912f3d4e8d43ca0

Corvalho

£0.99

not-yet.png?v=1

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

3-star.png?v=1

5-star.png?v=1

itll show the pricetag on his page like the gifts of akatosh is priced the northern overlords mods inst priced

The bugs in skyrim and the ck are what did it for me, I can't see myself playing skyrim for a long time. I was gonna go fix a bunch of my mods until the ck got updated. I was really pissed when they updated it because every time there is an update all kinds of mods stop working right so I decided to just wait them out for several months but now after this shit I don't think I will bother with it.

DAMMIT thats the guy that made sword of the ancient tongues mod! fuck...

Skyrim Workshop Now Supports Paid Mods

23 April - gstaffBethesda
We’ve had a long and excellent relationship with our good friends at Valve. We worked together to make the Workshop a huge part of Skyrim, and we’re excited that something we’ve been working together on for a long time is finally happening. You can now charge for the mods you create.

Unlike other curated games on Steam that allow users to sell their creations, this will be the first game with an open market. It will not be curated by us or Valve. It was essential to us that our fans decide what they want to create, what they want to download, and what they want to charge.

Many of our fans have been modding our games since Morrowind, for over 10 years. They now have the opportunity to earn money doing what they love – and all fans have a new way to support their favorite mod authors. We’ve also updated Skyrim and the Creation Kit with new features to help support paid mods including the ability to upload master files, adding more categories and removing filesize limit restrictions.

What does this mean for you?

As a modder, you now have the option of listing your creations at a price determined by you. Or, you can continue to share your projects for free. For those shopping for new mods, Valve is making sure you can try any mod risk free. See Refund Policy.

For full details on these changes to the Skyrim Workshop, check out Steam’s announcement page and FAQ.

Modding has been important to all our games for such a long time. We try to create worlds that come alive and you can make your own, but it’s in modding where it truly does. Thanks again for all your incredible support over the years. We hope steps like this breathe new life into Skyrim for everyone.

Bethesda Game Studios

i wonder if it is true that they gave the ok or if valve is trying to make a quick buck by saying its ok

think about it if they say its ok and skyrim creators dont know about it they find out the modders would take the fall since valve is getting a big chunk of profit which should be the skyrim creators seams fishy to me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gstaffBethesda

Dishonored
37 hrs on record
ico_www.png
Links btn_arrow_down.png
ico_stats.png
View Statsbtn_arrow_down.png
ico_recommend.png
Review...
c5af3cde13610fca25cd17634a96d72487d21e74
0.7 hrs on record

0.7 hours does that sound like a proper staff member to you ?

To that I answer : 27 dollars bundle, 17 swords, 2 armors and a blue rabbit unicorn.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429226887

...thanks?

Sorry I thought your image with small priced items addressed at me was a sophisticated way to tell me that bundle didn't exist. I'm afraid I have no idea why you shared that pic then ?  :huh:

You said it was $27 dollars for 17 swords and two armors. I interpreted this as a statement regarding the lack of content for the large price. Therefore, I posted a picture of the current pay mod page with all the images replaced with pictures of Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC as a joke comparing the current situation with that of the much-derided aforementioned official DLC release.

It won't be there soon, maybe bugfesta and steam got the wow bug and will turn modding into locked down garbage. I cannot play counterstrike go because it has turned cs into gambling. Remember there was some site that had some kind of goat logo out there for cs modding years ago? reviewed weapon skins and shit like that? gone are those days, now cs gamblers gives you random skins to sell in the marketplace on twitch tv:-(

To that I answer : 27 dollars bundle, 17 swords, 2 armors and a blue rabbit unicorn.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429226887

...thanks?

Sorry I thought your image with small priced items addressed at me was a sophisticated way to tell me that bundle didn't exist. I'm afraid I have no idea why you shared that pic then ?  :huh:

You said it was $27 dollars for 17 swords and two armors. I interpreted this as a statement regarding the lack of content for the large price. Therefore, I posted a picture of the current pay mod page with all the images replaced with pictures of Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC as a joke comparing the current situation with that of the much-derided aforementioned official DLC release.

$27? you better be talking about paid DLC from bethesda!. XD

What about the refund stuff? Doesn't it mean you can buy it, copy the .esp/whatever files and ask for a refund?

Yes, that's what the people who bought all the pay for mods and uploaded them did.  Going to buy a game?  Download all those mods and get them refunded first, copy the files to your cracked non-steam skyrim and enjoy them and that new game you bought with the refunded money in your steam wallet.

Just imagine all the fake modder twitch bitches that will come out of the woodwork now advertising their mods between their big boobs or those "hipster" jerks making highly edited videos with their reality tv personalities YUK!

By the love of Talos please no.

Archived