A little warning to mod creators of non adult mods....

LordNecris

Might be a dumb question, but what is that endorsing thing? I always hear about it, but never understood what it actually is for.

endorse
ɪnˈdɔːs,ɛn-/
verb
gerund or present participle: endorsing
  1. 1.
    declare one's public approval or support of.
    "the report was endorsed by the college"
  2. 2.
    sign (a cheque or bill of exchange) on the back to make it payable to someone other than the stated payee or to accept responsibility for paying it.

sorry but copy and paste tends to screw up >.<

Might be a dumb question, but what is that endorsing thing? I always hear about it, but never understood what it actually is for.

Like a thumbs up of approval. As far as I know it doesn't do anything beyond make your mod show up near the top of the list while searching for endorsed mods, in theory you endorse mods you consider good. So highly endorsed mods are the best mods in theory.

Sellin out to the Man!

;_; EA would be proud

hopefully Sexlab won't have a price tag

If sexlab ever charges to download it, a bunch of videogame rapists, horse cock lovers and massive tit huggers would swarm the streets in the damn loudest manifestation in human history.

If CK/esp mods are going to be treated the same way then there might be less incentive for people to share what they know about it.

Also of course some modders must know about this beforehand, and I bet a lot of them are happy with it also.

One of the few positives i can see with this is when a modder sorta makes his or her mods as a way of getting some form of experience in game development perhaps with the hope of helping them land a job, it might carry a bit more punch to say: "My mod sold 10.000 units in it's first week"  rather than: "My mod had 10.000 downloads and some even pressed the little thumbs up thing"

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how mod authors who do choose charge money for their mods will handle their work suddenly becoming a product, how will they support it, in terms of updates, bugfixes etc, will the updates be free for people who payed for the mod or will they put the new features behind a new paywall calling it super awesome fun mod: episode 2.

As others have pointed out the SKSE is a tricky one if they keep to their: nope can't use our stuff if your stuff is not free thing. then that pretty much leaves out almost every single mod that i would even in my most drunken state consider paying money for.

And what about tweaking to personal preference for example toning down a texture to a slightly darker shade or perhaps balancing a weapons stats a bit, will that go away? and if not it leaves many if not all the doors open for someone to just copy the files and upload it to a pirate site. talking from personal experience protecting your IP when you don't have the resources combined with a team of layers that some of the big companies have can be a huge headache.     

And finally what would be considered a fair price for a mod? This is where i think the madness might really show it's face since i honestly don't know what standards to compare it with, i mean do i compare it to the release price of the game, it's current/sale price? In a free to play game this feels like less of an issue (thinking skins, hats etc) but say i pay $60 for a full game do i really wanna pay an extra $5 for a small scripted event or trigger or perhaps $1 for a retexture of a weapon and where does that put the price of some of the big quest mods that adds hours upon hours of content, and i don't even know what foot to stand on when it comes to bugfix/patch mods but the idea of having to pay money on top of the price of the game to have a bug fixed i find outrages, and that is not say i don't greatly appreciated the works of something like the unofficial skyrim patch but honestly if anyone should pay that team money it should be devs not the consumers.    

Sellin out to the Man!

;_; EA would be proud

If sexlab ever charges to download it, a bunch of videogame rapists, horse cock lovers and massive tit huggers would swarm the streets in the damn loudest manifestation in human history.

It'd actually be a good thing if LoversLab had a paid membership.Would help Ashal quite a bit and he deserves the money way more than most of the modders I'm seeing on Steam right now. Not the subject at hand anyway. 

Sellin out to the Man!

;_; EA would be proud

It'd actually be a good thing if LoversLab had a paid membership.Would help Ashal quite a bit and he deserves the money way more than most of the modders I'm seeing on Steam right now. Not the subject at hand anyway. 

I agree on this and so do a lot of people!. I messaged him about donating to this site but i got no response.

I love you guys and i love this site. You're all talented and free spirited modders and i hope you will never sell out.

Jokes on you, I suck at modding.

Well, it looks like I couldn't have left Skyrim at a better time before hearing of this debacle.  Now I have even more of a reason to never pick it up again.

Why? You have the nexus and this lovely site.

Someone already uploaded all the pay-for mods to mega.co.nz.  Today is a good day for laughs.

That horse genitals mod better be on that folder.

Easily acquired here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9279/? 

I'm not going to download a free mod like a plebeian.

Message posted via iPhone app at 24/04/2015 

Just spent the last hour reading about this bs from various links...

This whole thing is the sign of the death of the gaming industry. Remember atari and how every company was making their own atari game? even companies that didn't make games like coke pepsi and others? Greed plain and simple, capitalism has nothing to do with greed. The greedy are in govt always.

When every game is mod locked and only authorized modders can make mods and almost ever game except EA and ubishit runs through steam you will see no more games and people not caring about gaming anymore.

Nexus won't last long, they will get takedown requests, you know how they say anything uploaded to their site belongs to them? lets see if that holds up now when the modders can't get nexus to completely pull their mods like nexus does when they ban someone. The control freaks over there are probably sitting in a room full of lawyers every day now:-)

boycott steam workshope for paying mods donations are ok but paying for mods what do they think it is playboy modding

Just spent the last hour reading about this bs from various links...

This whole thing is the sign of the death of the gaming industry. Remember atari and how every company was making their own atari game? even companies that didn't make games like coke pepsi and others? Greed plain and simple, capitalism has nothing to do with greed. The greedy are in govt always.

When every game is mod locked and only authorized modders can make mods and almost ever game except EA and ubishit runs through steam you will see no more games and people not caring about gaming anymore.

Nexus won't last long, they will get takedown requests, you know how they say anything uploaded to their site belongs to them? lets see if that holds up now when the modders can't get nexus to completely pull their mods like nexus does when they ban someone. The control freaks over there are probably sitting in a room full of lawyers every day now:-)

would be funny if nexus banned those that asked for to be pulled down ban them and upload there gear from the vaults like some mods got shunted to the vaults so couldnt be downloaded

Archived