What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Having to shell out $663 for new tires. Okay, so I've been putting off getting them replaced...for nine years. And I tend to skid on painted lines on the road lately.

Installing a new video card. It's not hard but it means spending five minutes to install it correctly and an hour searching for the old video card's box...which I may not have since this computer was a custom build and all the parts were factory-direct.

On 4/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, FauxFurry said:

https://boards.4chan.org/b/thread/796406520

Furry twinks? That gag will knock them stiff for sure.

I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of furry twinks upon any particular visit to /b/.

I guess it was a bit hard to spot. They added a "like" function to the posts, and "perks" in the reply box so that if you'd racked up enough Likes, you could use the Perks.

Basically, ass cancer for the day. Not like ass cancer doesn't happen all the time on /b/, but Extra Special ass cancer.

2 hours ago, Pork Type said:

I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of furry twinks upon any particular visit to /b/.

I guess it was a bit hard to spot. They added a "like" function to the posts, and "perks" in the reply box so that if you'd racked up enough Likes, you could use the Perks.

Basically, ass cancer for the day. Not like ass cancer doesn't happen all the time on /b/, but Extra Special ass cancer.

I commented about exactly the same thing when they were discussing rolling out likes and dislikes for Destructoid. What the site devolved to afterwards justifies my caution and then some. If anything, I wasn't worried enough.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Dead since cca 2012...when the last two founding members, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeshuk, retired and left the company.

To be fair they died when EA started making it mandatory that all developers have to use the Frostbite engine even though it was designed for FPS games...NOT RPG's.  That and when Andromeda fell on its face.  Anthem I fear will be the kiss of death to the development team.  All the more reason EA needs to die off and take Activision and Zenimax with it.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:
  Reveal hidden contents

BioWare is dead to me. :classic_angry:

Bioware was dead to me as soon as the Doctors left. I saw them as being as ill as my will had become towards them before that but the physicians could have yet healed themselves.

2 hours ago, Resdayn said:

They weren't dead for you and just died now? ?

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Bioware was dead to me as soon as the Doctors left. I saw them as being as ill as my will had become towards them before that but the physicians could have yet healed themselves.

I still held some naive sliver of hope they might improve. Even though EA owns their souls. Now I know for certain they're just an empty shell being used by EA like a corpse-turned-marionette, a diseased meat puppet trotted out because their name used to mean something. Well that backfired big time and now "BioWare" is as much a four-letter-word as "Electronic Arts," "Activision," "Bethesda/Zenimax," and "Epic Games" are to me.

5 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Dead since cca 2012...when the last two founding members, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeshuk, retired and left the company.

They were dead well before then. As soon as they acceded to making me2 in three years and ME3 in 2 and the massive burnout and exodus that followed, that they would reach or exceed the level they had set before with new hires to replace decade-strong vets was never really a feasible premise.

1 hour ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

online multiplayer. 

was the best thing about ME3.

5 hours ago, legendarytoyou said:

be the kiss of death to the development team

There are four teams and DAIV is past the graphic and story hardening phase.

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Bioware was dead to me as soon as the Doctors left.

The brothers had very little input in hires or day to day operations, they also did essentially nothing to shield leads from EA's management.

When work on ME2 started I had 8 friends and acquaintances working there, I now have two and both them work in areas the least affected by crunch time, in theory, seeing as one of them had to write the war manifest for me3 in a literal day and get it 100% working the next; she finished a day before cert.

For anybody wishing they could add titties to AAA games for money, might wanna look for a monkey's paw before typing that shit or saying it out loud.

Man, you all have a remorseless hatred for what BioWare has become.... me too.

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Activision

Sad thing is that Activision started as a group of passionate game designers casting off the oppressive, soulless corporate shackles of Atari. They were the rebels standing up for the little guy and quality gaming. Then within two years the original founders had been driven out by the very same brand of corporate machine and the company slowly became the very type of monster they had been created to reject?

Windows 10: "Hi! I know you put me into hibernation mode, meaning I'm supposed to not be doing anything but waiting on standby. But I decided to install an update on you anyways, restarting your computer and shutting down all the applications you had open in the process, completely defeating the point of hibernation mode. What's more in the process of rebooting I shut down hibernation mode too, causing your PC to spontaneously come roaring back to life in the middle of the night like the damn thing is haunted. Hope that didn't wake you up! No, actually I don't give a shit. And I'm going to be doing this to you constantly. Ain't I awesome?" 

4 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Windows 10: "Hi! I know you put me into hibernation mode, meaning I'm supposed to not be doing anything but waiting on standby. But I decided to install an update on you anyways, restarting your computer and shutting down all the applications you had open in the process, completely defeating the point of hibernation mode. What's more in the process of rebooting I shut down hibernation mode too, causing your PC to spontaneously come roaring back to life in the middle of the night like the damn thing is haunted. Hope that didn't wake you up! No, actually I don't give a shit. And I'm going to be doing this to you constantly. Ain't I awesome?" 

“Hi. I’m the Sleep function on your Windows 7 system. Oh what’s that? you nudged your mouse because you’re switching it off on the back of your mouse so you had to flip it upside down to do it so it doesn’t keep flashing and/or overheating while you’re gone? Well too bad! I’m going to turn back on now as soon as you’re out the door and wait at the login screen, completely defeating my function! Aren’t I awesome?”

4 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Also Windows 10:

image.png.2de773e4325dc4a20da8f442285d3fd8.png

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Also Windows 10:

-giant picture-

Oh I already set that useless feature and its purpose defeating 18 hour cap. I also disabled restarts from the task scheduler. But Windows 10 still ignores my wishes and does forced restarts anyways because god forbid I have control over the decisions made on my own PC.

I just implemented another supposed fix that will hopefully do the trick, but I'm not holding my breath.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, legendarytoyou said:

To be fair they died when EA started making it mandatory that all developers have to use the Frostbite engine even though it was designed for FPS games...NOT RPG's.  That and when Andromeda fell on its face.  Anthem I fear will be the kiss of death to the development team.  All the more reason EA needs to die off and take Activision and Zenimax with it.

Alas, it is all but certain that Dragon Age 4 will happen. I'm already stockpiling popcorn ?

But from what i hear, for Andromeda and Anthem only fault of EA was enforcing Frostbyte. Everything else is Bloware's own incompetence. All the good ones are gone, there's pretty much nothing but the name left. And even that is becoming more of a joke with every new release.