Guess This Location.

Picture is post 4700 on the bottom of the last page.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Inte said:

What picture? 

Meanwhile here is one of mine. 

72850_20180115003356_1.png

Yours is the camp next to Orphan's Tear.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Hmm... I think I caught crabs there once...

You, sir, should be more careful with whom you engage in sexual congress. Even in Skyrim.

I understand that permethrin is an effective treatment for that however.

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I'll see your Rock Lobster and raise you some Fish Heads! ...Okay, we're getting off-topic here. I'll see if I can't go rustle up some more screenies.

NOOOOO!!!! Just keep it coming. For anyone to complain they have to answer my post (#4700) first. It looks like we can have a lot of fun before that happens! (kind of like the kids when the teacher leaves the room 'for a minute').

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

NOOOOO!!!! Just keep it coming. For anyone to complain they have to answer my post (#4700) first. It looks like we can have a lot of fun before that happens! (kind of like the kids when the teacher leaves the room 'for a minute').

Oh. Okay. But I'm out of seafood references. So if anyone complains I'll have to send in my private squad of Cows With Guns. Or maybe my Guard Duck.

Okay since there are now a positive dearth of videos (*sighs*) I will give a hint (actually a partial answer) to my pic. Yngvild is both one of the structures to identify AND it is the thread that ties all 3 pictures together. There is still more to answer though, if you get bored.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spot on. Now for the last in the series.

ScreenShot122j.thumb.jpg.ddbc496190dfd328c284fdde9c266075.jpg

1) Name what structures you can.

2) Tell me at what named location I must be in order to take this picture.

3) Tell me what thread holds these three picture together.

Me thinks you stumped em! ?

I guess I'll take a crack at it.

Spoiler

1992829199_enb2018_08_1423_04_06_90.thumb.jpg.067eb09116abebd53ee965596f54b3f1.jpg

So the three structures was pretty easy. Plus I added in the location of Dawnstar and the Winterhold Imperial Camp which always struck me as odd since its closer to Dawnstar than Winterhold.

You're location was a little tricky since you're at the exit rather than the entrance of a named location.  You are at the exit plateau of Ironbind Barrow which if you turn around and walk further up Mt Anthor you find a small Dwemer site of some sort.  It almost looks like a shrine except the Dwemer didn't build shrines so maybe it was a monument or a burial marker, there's no lore about it.

What do these sites have in common, well not any lore that I'm aware of.  But all four locations have quests associated with them.  There's Coming of Age for Ironbind Barrow with Salma and Beem-ja.  Frostflow has a murder mystery to solve.  Nightcaller Temple is pretty well known for a daedric quest involving Vaermina.  And Yngvild Barrow has Andoril, that creepy necromancer turned necrophiliac who's journels you must get for Vekel.

Just below Frostflow is Hob's cave with still more necromancers and there are at least two quests associated with that location and its the possible location for at least one radiant quest IIRC.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Me thinks you stumped em! ?

I guess I'll take a crack at it.

Reveal hidden contents

1992829199_enb2018_08_1423_04_06_90.thumb.jpg.067eb09116abebd53ee965596f54b3f1.jpg

So the three structures was pretty easy. Plus I added in the location of Dawnstar and the Winterhold Imperial Camp which always struck me as odd since its closer to Dawnstar than Winterhold.

You're location was a little tricky since you're at the exit rather than the entrance of a named location.  You are at the exit plateau of Ironbind Barrow which if you turn around and walk further up Mt Anthor you find a small Dwemer site of some sort.  It almost looks like a shrine except the Dwemer didn't build shrines so maybe it was a monument or a burial marker, there's no lore about it.

What do these sites have in common, well not any lore that I'm aware of.  But all four locations have quests associated with them.  There's Coming of Age for Ironbind Barrow with Salma and Beem-ja.  Frostflow has a murder mystery to solve.  Nightcaller Temple is pretty well known for a daedric quest involving Vaermina.  And Yngvild Barrow has Andoril, that creepy necromancer turned necrophiliac who's journels you must get for Vekel.

Just below Frostflow is Hob's cave with still more necromancers and there are at least two quests associated with that location and its the possible location for at least one radiant quest IIRC.

Almost perfect. However, Frostflow Lighthouse is actually where I'm standing to take this picture. That means there is still an unidentified structure. As I said in my "hint" what holds these three together is that they are all pictures of Yngvild (sing it with me, "I've looked at Yngvild from both sides now ...").

I'll give someone else a chance to post a pic. If no one does in the next ~9 hours I'll post something different.

Umm, not to be disagreeable but you could not possibly have been at Frostflow because its IN your picture and mine both.  Mine is almost identical screen cap to yours.  I even labeled what was what.  You weren't at Frostflow you were at the exit of Ironbind barrow on the opposite side of Wayward Pass same as I was when I grabbed my screen shot.

Look at those two images carefully.

Meanwhile, this one shouldn't be too hard but its maybe something most haven't seen and didn't know was there.  In the image you can see four named locations (and two more if you've got a VERY sharp eye).  The location I am at isn't named, its just a small site with a pennant, leveled weapon, helmet and a satchel.  The location is just above a named location.  See how many of the name locations you can get, including the one this is just above (so that's potentially 7 locations in all).  Bonus points if you go in game and get a screen shot from the same spot (and for extra reward you'll fine a silver ore node right behind where I was standing).

46127138_enb2018_08_1423_29_28_04.thumb.jpg.c1d68ff6d7fbd3fa566670633f861ff2.jpg

Oh and the location of the 2nd henge site from an earlier post is also in this screen shot. ?

Spoiler
40 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Umm, not to be disagreeable but you could not possibly have been at Frostflow because its IN your picture and mine both.  Mine is almost identical screen cap to yours.  I even labeled what was what.  You weren't at Frostflow you were at the exit of Ironbind barrow on the opposite side of Wayward Pass same as I was when I grabbed my screen shot.

Look at those two images carefully.

Meanwhile, this one shouldn't be too hard but its maybe something most haven't seen and didn't know was there.  In the image you can see four named locations (and two more if you've got a VERY sharp eye).  The location I am at isn't named, its just a small site with a pennant, leveled weapon, helmet and a satchel.  The location is just above a named location.  See how many of the name locations you can get, including the one this is just above (so that's potentially 7 locations in all).  Bonus points if you go in game and get a screen shot from the same spot (and for extra reward you'll fine a silver ore node right behind where I was standing).

46127138_enb2018_08_1423_29_28_04.thumb.jpg.c1d68ff6d7fbd3fa566670633f861ff2.jpg

Oh and the location of the 2nd henge site from an earlier post is also in this screen shot. ?

I'm at work so no in-game picture.

You are above Bronze Water Cave looking across Lake Yorgrim at Irkngthand. Raldbthar with its Great Lift is to the left on the side of the mountain. Other sites that should be visible (or nearly so) from here (although I freely admit with the detail I have on this screen I can't make them out) include: Korvanjund, Tumble Arch Pass, Shearpoint, The Pale Stromcloak Camp, Morvunskar and Uttering Hills Bandit Camp.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm at work so no in-game picture.

You are above Bronze Water Cave looking across Lake Yorgrim at Irkngthand. Raldbthar with its Great Lift is to the left on the side of the mountain. Other sites that should be visible (or nearly so) from here (although I freely admit with the detail I have on this screen I can't make them out) include: Korvanjund, Tumble Arch Pass, Shearpoint, The Pale Stromcloak Camp, Morvunskar and Uttering Hills Bandit Camp.

Not directly above Bronze Water Cave, its actually a several cells in front of me and off to the right a bit.

Correct on the lake, Irkngthand and Raldbthar.  Bonus points for Korvanjund which on second look is actually visible in the lower right and *I* missed it.  LOL  You picked a few others out.  Ditto on Shearpoint and Uttering Hills and Tumble Arch Pass.

There's still two pretty well known locations visible that haven't been listed, and two other locations that are barely visible that haven't been listed.  (Hint, one is to the left, one is in the middle and two are on the right)

ScreenShot168.thumb.jpg.770b863fba73d52015c4f160e5aad6bf.jpg

Spoiler
1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not directly above Bronze Water Cave, its actually a several cells in front of me and off to the right a bit.

Correct on the lake, Irkngthand and Raldbthar.  Bonus points for Korvanjund which on second look is actually visible in the lower right and *I* missed it.  LOL  You picked a few others out.  Ditto on Shearpoint and Uttering Hills and Tumble Arch Pass.

There's still two pretty well known locations visible that haven't been listed, and two other locations that are barely visible that haven't been listed.  (Hint, one is to the left, one is in the middle and two are on the right)

Here 'tis.

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's not Rannveig's Fast either. :classic_rolleyes:

Spotted this earlier

Rudy HQ Nordic Ruins

I forgot to hit the submit button again.

You're right, it's not. There are still several more of these. Should I pose in front of the next one do you think?