I warned you

Reveal hidden contents

no, don't do it

Reveal hidden contents

don't

Reveal hidden contents

You did it:

It's Blind Cliff Bastion

And the nice ladies inhabiting this cozy place are Melka and Petra (deceased)

I did peek and you're correct. ? I posted this one because I think it's one of those "nice looking" locations that you can only appreciate from places that you don't normally go. And see, no messy gray matter!

Edit: I was looking through my pictures and there appear to be a lot from the Reach. So, for something entirely different:ScreenShot126j.thumb.jpg.d457809d94d1698bbf9a1b18fdf8ea51.jpg

Please note the ice. Not the Reach.

22 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I did peek and you're correct.

So let's admire a beautiful piece of architecture.... while I throw myself onto other pastime activities ??? and leave you guessing the (rather obvious) place

Spoiler

a.thumb.jpg.5bd33eab90c235de0efbba58cfe14e68.jpg

Spoiler
43 minutes ago, worik said:

So let's admire a beautiful piece of architecture.... while I throw myself onto other pastime activities ??? and leave you guessing the (rather obvious) place

Hide contents

Looks a lot like this one:

ScreenShot146j.thumb.jpg.9b7d3bdb3525387147a1d19d996fc582.jpg

I'll bet Einarr the Red got it in an eyeblink. He's been playing around with changing Whiterun's looks.

Anyway, I've left you one in the Frozen north (at least it looks like that). I promise it's not the Reach.

Heh, got both in a blink, I've used that very doorway in a location I added to Whiterun as well as incorporating it into my Stone Bluff Manor demo build. ?

Gonna keep mum about the icy one, give others a chance.

Might post another in a bit now that I've got my new monitor and can see the screen again! ?

2 hours ago, Psalam said:
Spoiler

Here's another easy one. I want no Lemming cerebrum on my conscience (or cerebellum or even medulla for that matter)!

ScreenShot107j.thumb.jpg.75eea080aa0e3a76663b192112163dfa.jpg

Bonus points if you can name the two unique named individuals who call this place home.

Lucky for you all my gray and pink matter was blown on Worik's post. For the day, at least.

And that last image is from the Midden Dark under the College of Winterhold.

Nope, that doorway is a standard asset from Skyrim.esm.  Its used as the doorway for the guard barracks behind the Bannered Mare.  The doorway is handy because they made the mesh / textures in such a way you can turn parts of it invisible and use it as a nice house doorway (which I have for two houses in my Whiterun mod), or use it as part of a castle doorway for a tower or something, which is what I did at Stone Bluff, its fairly versatile.

9 hours ago, worik said:

Reveal hidden contents

You don't have to do any modding to recognize that. Whiterun is the only place with that kind of watchtower.

Let's see if you can guess this one.

Spoiler

WfFNFxU.jpg

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Lucky for you all my gray and pink matter was blown on Worik's post. For the day, at least.

And that last image is from the Midden Dark under the College of Winterhold.

Quite right. Something magical about a slaughtered goat. :goat: ?

Spoiler
3 hours ago, nightwolf said:

You don't have to do any modding to recognize that. Whiterun is the only place with that kind of watchtower.

Let's see if you can guess this one.

Hide contents

WfFNFxU.jpg

While I see a file I don't see a picture. As Worik taught me the easiest way to get the picture onto this thread is to "grab" it and "drag" it into the section below where you are actually typing. As you have done it needs to NOT be bmp format. It will take 5-10 seconds to upload.

Please post it again - we are all eager for "fresh blood." ❣️

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I didn't know there was a guard barracks there. I thought that there was the place near the main gate and in the jail. ?

Don't feel bad. I didn't either until fairly recently. If you play Slaverun Reloaded as a slave you get sent there as part of a "quest." ?

26 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I didn't know there was a guard barracks there.

Right here

a1.thumb.jpg.7859cbefe62065a859ad64b67bc6cef8.jpg

Always worthy of a visit ... just for motivational purposes of course

Spoiler

d45_816.thumb.jpg.763c2ab1ef7634291481ab07149899e6.jpg

Edit for the sneaky ones:

Spoiler

It's also a possible back entrance/exit into whiterun's prison underworks... at east in my game. ? But I guess most of the underworks are vanilla.

Spoiler

It's also a possible back entrance/exit into whiterun's prison underworks... at east in my game. ? But I guess most of the underworks are vanilla.

Let's ask someone I am certain can answer that question. @EinarrTheRed you've discussed this on your thread. How much of the underworks that Worik's describing are vanilla?

All of it.  The vanilla game has a small "sewer" under the jail that then ends in a ladder going up and coming out in the barracks.  Not the most brilliant escape tunnel ever.  It always bugged me because if you look at the "escape route" in CK you realize that the tunnel is *far* too short to reach its supposed destination, in fact it would exit right out side the jail entrance if the exit were where the ladder physically indicates.  You can go the reverse way, enter the barracks and find the trap door, go down into the tunnels and muck about, but you can't get up into the jail be cause the end of the tunnels is below a hinged grating and you can't jump up through it.  Now if you happen to have a levitate spell...  Even without that you can peak up though floor drains at the guards and prisoners, which isn't very useful but its something to do if you happen to be REALLY bored. 

The whole thing is part of a half finished concept Bethesda started and never completed.  According to some info, apparently they originally had intended to have a more extensive tunnel network under Dragonsreach, which would have included an escape tunnel for the Jarl (with a concealed entrance right behind the throne), and the "Whispering Door" would have been located down in those tunnels somewhere.  All that got cut and we're left with one of the worst "escape" tunnels in Skyrim.

So this thread is going to be a tribute to EinarrTheRed(whom I've never heard of before) or are we going to move on from the Whiterun barracks pic? I first noted that location when soliciting a client behind the Bannered Mare. We all had different ways of discovering this fascinating location.

It seems someone quoted me but then deleted his post. No one is going to guess the location of my previously posted pic? I can give you a hint. The Reach.

Spoiler
25 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

So this thread is going to be a tribute to EinarrTheRed(whom I've never heard of before) or are we going to move on from the Whiterun barracks pic? I first noted that location when soliciting a client behind the Bannered Mare. We all had different ways of discovering this fascinating location.

It seems someone quoted me but then deleted his post. No one is going to guess the location of my previously posted pic? I can give you a hint. The Reach.

My post #4612 above is still there and still quotes you. I will reiterate what I said there, however. I can see the name of the file but there is no picture. The best way to get the picture itself into this thread is to "drag" it from your file (usually Paint and NOT in bmp format) and "drop" it into the box below where messages are typed (where the convenient paper clip is placed).

No one here is trying to ignore you. We are talking about other things while we have been waiting for you to re-post your picture (which request, as I said, is still listed above). I was the outsider here a few months ago and wondered if I might be being snubbed but that is NOT what this thread or these people are about.

Finally, not that he needs it, but EinarrtheRed is a well-known mod author and even better known and appreciated for all the help that he has provided to other authors on their mods. Speaking only for myself I can say that when it comes to certain aspects of Skyrim modding (like that which we were just discussing) there is no one (including the nerds from Bugthesda) who knows more.

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I can't see an image either and my crystal ball isn't working (my other ball is working fine, FYI).

Yeah, I'm actually kind of sad. I thought we could get another perspective.

Anyway, if NightWolf doesn't give us a pic before then I'll post when I get home (2-3 hours). ??????

1 hour ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I'm actually kind of sad. I thought we could get another perspective.

Anyway, if NightWolf doesn't give us a pic before then I'll post when I get home (2-3 hours). ??????

Now I see you quoted me, lol. It seems you guys can't see images posted on imgur for some reason(seems like a crappy site actually, so I'll stop putting up my pics there). Anyway, here is the pic again:

ScreenShot7.jpg

5 hours ago, nightwolf said:

Now I see you quoted me, lol. It seems you guys can't see images posted on imgur for some reason(seems like a crappy site actually, so I'll stop putting up my pics there). Anyway, here is the pic again:

ScreenShot7.jpg

Oh that's a good one, bet that will stump em for a bit.

Won't give away where it is but... ?

Spoiler

1059457358_enb2018_08_0819_13_06_20.thumb.jpg.a06391056db5ad1bf8380fd886cf8f0a.jpg