Guess This Location.

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Looks like one of the farms south of Bruma in the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma mod. May or may not have been one that was in Oblivion as well - though it may be the same location with a different name. 

Mostly correct, it is south of Bruma (about as far south as you can get in the current mod), and in talking to the residents you find out that it was a community in Oblivion, declined after two families killed each other, and then destroyed in the Great War and rebuilt afterwards with a new name.  It's a very green place.

Spoiler
36 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Possibly a shot in the dark, but...one of the ruined towers outside Nightcaller Temple?

Here is one from me...

72850_20180801092213_1.thumb.png.f5787401fd353becea18b0b47525ea5b.png

Props to you. Would you prefer beer ? or wine ?. It's a tradition Worik started. Once again, let me give someone else a chance to post and, if nobody else does, I'll put another one up tomorrow.

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Why is nobody having a go at Kuroyami's piccy? ?

We have a long and cherished history on this thread of ignoring any picture that gives a headache when we think about it's location too long. For instance, there is one by Slorm from April14 that, to the best of my knowledge, is still unsolved.

That said, you are entirely free to solve it for the rest of us.

Spoiler
55 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Since no one is taking a guess at Psalam's screenie, I'll guess Forsaken Cave.

Spot on. I won't put any more up for a while to placate Grey Cloud and place the emphasis on Kuroyami-san's picture. I have some ideas but I haven't had the time to check out those locations yet.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, Slorm said:

And whereabouts might this be

ScreenShot173.thumb.jpg.68ba7b5019ebbe0474442f632ab120c5.jpg

As it seems it was mentioned, why not....Cragwallow Slope. I'll perfectly admit, I looked up the name to be sure it was the place in the image, and the one I was thinking it was, but I knew the location otherwise. It is possible I am still wrong, though.

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

As it seems it was mentioned, why not....Cragwallow Slope. I'll perfectly admit, I looked up the name to be sure it was the place in the image, and the one I was thinking it was, but I knew the location otherwise. It is possible I am still wrong, though.

Well played although it's been a while since @Slorm has been here. We will have to await her to know if you're right. 

My point, however, was that many pictures go unrecognized for long periods of time. That is why so many of us drop hints about the location every day or two until someone gets it (that is strictly at your option, of course). Speaking solely for me I find that this thread isn't about stumping everybody (although @Worik) seemed to be heading that way when she was last here. Even she kept giving hints until (after a LOOOOOONG time) I finally got her last one. I find it's about the camaraderie of a bunch of people who all play the same game doing, what amounts to Trivial Pursuits.

16 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well played although it's been a while since @Slorm has been here. We will have to await her to know if you're right. 

My point, however, was that many pictures go unrecognized for long periods of time. That is why so many of us drop hints about the location every day or two until someone gets it (that is strictly at your option, of course). Speaking solely for me I find that this thread isn't about stumping everybody (although @Worik) seemed to be heading that way when she was last here. Even she kept giving hints until (after a LOOOOOONG time) I finally got her last one. I find it's about the camaraderie of a bunch of people who all play the same game doing, what amounts to Trivial Pursuits.

Yeah, I get that. 

Also, hint...hint....there are gates nearby that are not at all low, and there is a quite large ghost that can be seen from this spot. 

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Yeah, I get that. 

Also, hint...hint....there are gates nearby that are not at all low, and there is a quite large ghost that can be seen from this spot. 

Based mostly on your hints I would have to guess the Dragon Mound on the northern coast of the Pale not far from High Gate Ruins and overlooking the Sea of Ghosts. I haven't had the time to physically move there but I'm having trouble picturing where you are standing to get precisely that view.

29 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Based mostly on your hints I would have to guess the Dragon Mound on the northern coast of the Pale not far from High Gate Ruins and overlooking the Sea of Ghosts. I haven't had the time to physically move there but I'm having trouble picturing where you are standing to get precisely that view.

Maybe I made the hint too easy? Anyway, that character was facing the Sea of Ghosts, the mountains in the background(though they are faint), I believe, the range with Dimhollow Crypt, etc. But yes, that is it. 

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Maybe I made the hint too easy? Anyway, that character was facing the Sea of Ghosts, the mountains in the background(though they are faint), I believe, the range with Dimhollow Crypt, etc. But yes, that is it. 

If you want the advice of someone who's played this game for a while the overall clues were terrific. I would have dribbled them out more slowly perhaps. Something like: Day 1) there are prominent gates nearby, 2) there is a HUGE ghost in the area and 3) the nearby gates aren't the least bit small. However, it is just a game and do whatever makes it fun for you. Have you got another one to post, perhaps?

Spoiler
9 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I should have noticed this thread a long time ago, really gotta pay more attention to the forums.  So are there any unsolved ones still?

No, but I'll post one just for you.

ScreenShot87j.thumb.jpg.27cddd987a76e874880fd639e4d3813c.jpg

As the regulars know there old ruins, towers, etc. are my particular fetish.

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, holo3456 said:

hi?

While you are, of course, very welcome on this thread you might find that what you want is a different one. I would suggest that you go to the Coommunity Threads under Forums. If you then go to the General Discussion subsection you will find that the very first thread is entitled "say hi!" This is the traditional place for a new person to go to meet the modders of LL and ask general questions.

All that being said you are as welcome as anyone to join us in playing "Guess This Location!"