1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Sorry for the necro post/late reply.  I'd skimmed over this and meant to get back to it.  Edit the skee.ini in the Vortex staging folder for Racemenu.  If you edit the one in your game folder you mess with the hardlink methods.  Next deploy it will either report a conflict with the INI and make you choose an overwrite or just silently put back the unedited copy in the staging folder.  Choose Open Mod Staging Folder in Vortex and find whatever version of Racemenu you have deployed.  Depending on how you've been managing your mods, you might have multiple copies versions of Racemenu in your staging folder, but only one is actually linked into the game folder, so just make sure you're picking the version you have marked Enabled.  Deploy once more to make sure the one in Staging gets put back in the game folder.  If you avoid tinkering in your game folder like that in the future, you can just edit the INI's in the staging side and the changes are immediately reflected in the version presented to the game.  No need to redeploy, but it won't hurt if you do.

That's good advice and I'll be using going forward, so thank you. But that wasn't the issue. The issue(which I just fixed right now) was whatever created/edited skee64.ini had this:

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"

; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=12 ; Default[1]

Instead of this where when it was immediately noticeable when I opened it with a proper text editor that the formatting was borked, now it just works.

[Overlays/Body]

; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=12 ; Default[1]

Edited by shrtjsrtj
formatting
4 hours ago, shrtjsrtj said:

That's good advice and I'll be using going forward, so thank you. But that wasn't the issue. The issue(which I just fixed right now) was whatever created/edited skee64.ini had this:

The config isn't dynamically created by anything, it is included in the zip as-is.  AFAIK, there aren't any mods or game process that would make changes to it on your behalf or automatically, but is certainly possible with mods like FISSES being a thing, or if you're using some 3rd party configurator utility.  If it shipped with damaged formatting, that would be a bug and would have impacted everyone that downloaded and tried to use that particular version of Racemenu.  Not to say that didn't happen, but seems more likely it was something you did during an edit.  The Racemenu changelog doesn't have any record of an update to correct something like that, so I'm inclined to believe this was an error on your part.  No shade intended.

With Vortex, if you encounter something like this in the future, to confirm if it isn't something native to the mod vs a potential enduser error, mark the mod uninstalled and then reinstall as Disabled.  Check the file in your staging folder to confirm the formatting before you edit, Enable and Deploy.

2 hours ago, crococat said:

I am trying to make some tatoos. Is there somewhere existing body map with borders of bodyparts? Would be very helpfull.

There could be, but another approach would be to download any texture replacer that matches the body type you prefer to use as the placement map.  The overlays for any body part are going to use the same dimensions (or scaled up to) the textures in the replacer for that part.  Head, hands and feet will all have their own separate texture files, with everything else (torso, arms, legs) being together in the 1 file for the body.  Use those as a temporary base layer for placement in whatever editor you're using.

2 hours ago, CataclysmRising said:

Latest comments in RapeTattoos seem to indicate it's broken for SSE with the latest SlaveTats. Is there any newer mod I don't know about or are we waiting until some brave soul rebuilds RapeTattoos/FadeTattoos?

RapeTattoos and FadeTattoos work okay for me with the latest SlaveTats, on SE.

I have been enjoying your mod for years. Kudos for your ideas and implementation.

During those years, I have noticed dozens of papyrus errors, saying it couldn't parse certain SlaveTats lines in the json files. Up until now, I ignored the errors, as the majority of tats I use still displayed. I just deactivated the ones that wouldn't.

However, more recently, I've been getting CTDs at certain times when trying to load a save. Then, when I attempted to start a new game today, after I loaded SlaveTats, I couldn't load a save at all. When I removed your base mod another tats mod, and a mod pack that the validator found problematic, my game loaded fine. No CTD. I put your json files in a json validator, and it showed errors. I used the validator at https://jsonlint.com. It showed errors for both for both SlaveTats version 1.2.3 and 1.3.6. Perhaps I should add it found json errors with the rape tattoo pack someone else made and the fade tattoos mod, as well as your base mod. The validator reported all your tattoo packs json files were flawless. 

I use Skyrim LE and Enhanced Character Edit with NiOveride, not that it would matter to the validator. 

That papyrus and the validator finds errors, that no one has mentioned it that I have read so far, and that the mod still worked for me, mostly, til now, all mystifies me.

I enjoy your mod and would like to continue to. If you can elucidate my difficulty, I would certainly appreciate it.

Best regards.

9 hours ago, wren888 said:

I have been enjoying your mod for years. Kudos for your ideas and implementation.

During those years, I have noticed dozens of papyrus errors, saying it couldn't parse certain SlaveTats lines in the json files. Up until now, I ignored the errors, as the majority of tats I use still displayed. I just deactivated the ones that wouldn't.

However, more recently, I've been getting CTDs at certain times when trying to load a save. Then, when I attempted to start a new game today, after I loaded SlaveTats, I couldn't load a save at all. When I removed your base mod another tats mod, and a mod pack that the validator found problematic, my game loaded fine. No CTD. I put your json files in a json validator, and it showed errors. I used the validator at https://jsonlint.com. It showed errors for both for both SlaveTats version 1.2.3 and 1.3.6. Perhaps I should add it found json errors with the rape tattoo pack someone else made and the fade tattoos mod, as well as your base mod. The validator reported all your tattoo packs json files were flawless. 

I use Skyrim LE and Enhanced Character Edit with NiOveride, not that it would matter to the validator. 

That papyrus and the validator finds errors, that no one has mentioned it that I have read so far, and that the mod still worked for me, mostly, til now, all mystifies me.

I enjoy your mod and would like to continue to. If you can elucidate my difficulty, I would certainly appreciate it.

Best regards.

I doubt the json errors are related to your CTD issues, but perhaps there is some cumulative effect from repeated failures?  Be aware that you really can't accurately correlate anything in the papyrus log to a CTD, as the CTD will occur BEFORE the papyrus log can be updated with any new info.  For SE, we have NetScriptFramework which uses a DLL loader to hook it into the game EXE separately from SKSE.  It's been years since I last played LE...does it have anything similar that can give you feedback on a crash?  If not, you should look to your SKSE memory dumps.  Check your data/skse/skse.ini to see if it has the following bit of config:

[Debug]
WriteMiniDumps=1

If not, add that and play until you get another CTD, then look in your Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\Crashdumps\.  It's not trivial to get stack traces from the dumps (look up how to use windbg), but they are infinitely more useful than anything you'll find in the papyrus.log.  Check out this thread:

Related to the json validation errors, did you try to make any formatting corrections to see if the papyrus errors go away for those packs?

Edited by 4nk8r
On 12/24/2021 at 11:20 PM, CataclysmRising said:

Latest comments in RapeTattoos seem to indicate it's broken for SSE with the latest SlaveTats. Is there any newer mod I don't know about or are we waiting until some brave soul rebuilds RapeTattoos/FadeTattoos?

Some time ago I did have problems w/ later versions of Slavetats (up to v. 1.3.6) when using RapeTattoos and S.L.U.T.S. Resume. However, I think that was because I upgraded. Even though I did a clean save I couldn't get them to work together.

I'm on SSE 1.5.97.

I recently started a new game w/ RapeTattoos, FadeTattoos, S.L.U.T.S. Resume v.2.7, and SlaveTats v.1.3.7. The tattoos work with all of these mods. I registered the mods in SlaveTats and was able to see them in RapeTattoo. My dovah gets tattooed whether she wants it or not, as long as there are open tattoo slots available.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, The Man in Black said:

but are there packs that can do things like apply tears to an NPC being raped? Or bruising, dirt, cuts, and other "wear and tear" as I abuse my slaves?

There are/were some dirt and tear tattoos by Androol, but I don't know where they are.

However, you can try SlaveTats - Cane Marks and S.L.U.T.S. Resume (or older SLUTS mods). S.L.U.T.S. uses SlaveTats for dirt marks as well as the logo. You can't download the Textures separately, but if you download the mod you can separate out what you need to make a Slavetats pack. I'm on SE, so I have to convert any LE tats to SE by using Cathedral Assets Optimizer, but that's it. The .json files are fine as is.

Does anyone know of a tattoo pack with either faction symbols, or textures resembling marks from a branding iron? I’d like to install this mod, but so far, looking at the pictures/pack descriptions, it looks like more like modern body writing than actual brands which would be used by slavers to mark their property, and is also not very lore-friendly (though that’s a minor consideration). The non-sexual Nord tattoos pack seems slightly closer to what I’m looking for, but the tattoos feel a bit too artistic or elaborate for that purpose. I’m thinking e.g. a crossed daggers tattoo on the asscheek for Riften slavers, or an R-shaped hot-iron burn scar.

4 hours ago, Muschi said:

Does anyone know of a tattoo pack with either faction symbols, or textures resembling marks from a branding iron?

If you download Sanguine's Debauchery it has some stuff like that. It isn't a slavetats pack but a whole separate mod, so you might want to extract the slavetats textures to use them on their own.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:27 AM, 4nk8r said:

I doubt the json errors are related to your CTD issues, but perhaps there is some cumulative effect from repeated failures? 

Yes. You are right. I found and addressed a couple load order problems that were causing trouble. Thank you for your response and your detailed explanations.

Still, that the json validator I mentioned found flaws, and that some tattoos don't show up is a concern.

2 hours ago, wren888 said:

Yes. You are right. I found and addressed a couple load order problems that were causing trouble. Thank you for your response and your detailed explanations.

Still, that the json validator I mentioned found flaws, and that some tattoos don't show up is a concern.

Did you try fixing any of the errors found?  Would you share the json filenames in which you've found to have errors?

Hola a todos. Mi juego es Skyrim SE 1.6.32 (EN ESPAÑOL), y tengo un problema con mi slavetats 1.3.7. Aparte de lo que muestra la imagen adjuntada, al salir del menú MCM, me dice que requiere JConainers, NIOverride y SKSE. Pero ya tengo el racemenu SE 0.4.16, SKSE64 2.1.3, y JContainers (que es para SKSE 2.1.3 / SSE1.6.323). y solo esos mods estoy utilizando (para que no me cree problemas con cualquier otro ya que estoy empezando recien y tambien porque soy un novato). ah por cierto estoy utilizando Vortex como mi manager de mods. necesito su ayuda por favor y gracias.

IMG_20211227_223931.jpg

9 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Did you try fixing any of the errors found?  Would you share the json filenames in which you've found to have errors?

I thought of trying to fix the errors using a json editor. I've used the one at https://jsoneditoronline.org/#left=local.qociwa to remove SLAL animations I didn't care for. However, with SlaveTats, I have no idea what to change the errors to.

The filenames are "SlaveTats.psc" and "SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc". Both are located in the Scripts/Source file.

2 hours ago, wren888 said:

I thought of trying to fix the errors using a json editor. I've used the one at https://jsoneditoronline.org/#left=local.qociwa to remove SLAL animations I didn't care for. However, with SlaveTats, I have no idea what to change the errors to.

The filenames are "SlaveTats.psc" and "SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc". Both are located in the Scripts/Source file.

Those aren't JSON files.  Those are script source files for the compiled versions SlateTats.pex and SlaveTatsMCMMenu.pex.  Any JSON files would, literally, end with ".json".

14 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Those aren't JSON files.  Those are script source files for the compiled versions SlateTats.pex and SlaveTatsMCMMenu.pex.  Any JSON files would, literally, end with ".json".

Oh. Shows how much I know. Sorry to bother you.

Thanks for straightening me out, 4nk8r.