I can't seem to get my own slavetats addon to work. I made some textures in paint .net using the provided tutorial, saved as .dds, copied the basic.json file, renamed it and replaced everything with my own stuff and made the paths. Yet for some reason it won't show up in game, even with the register tattoos button. I checked countless times and I am 99% sure my .json is okay. I'm really not sure why this won't work. 

Edited by AkiKay

Hey, was wandering if anyone could help me out?

I installed SlaveTats 5 days ago and it works great, which made me want to expand the list of Tats.

so I installed a ton more from the download page and they all seem to work fine on my character and such, but a bunch of them dont have characters so i dont know what Tattoo i'm adding until I see it on my character. Not all of them are like this. all the tramp stamp ones are fine ext, but a large chunk are.

I'm using Vortex if that helps at all.

Very sorry if someones already spoke about this issue but 163 pages is a whole lotta reading for possibly no answer if you get me.

ScreenShot26.png

18 minutes ago, KillerDadz said:

Hey, was wandering if anyone could help me out?

I installed SlaveTats 5 days ago and it works great, which made me want to expand the list of Tats.

so I installed a ton more from the download page and they all seem to work fine on my character and such, but a bunch of them dont have characters so i dont know what Tattoo i'm adding until I see it on my character. Not all of them are like this. all the tramp stamp ones are fine ext, but a large chunk are.

I'm using Vortex if that helps at all.

Very sorry if someones already spoke about this issue but 163 pages is a whole lotta reading for possibly no answer if you get me.

ScreenShot26.png

Could be that the language used in the JSON isn't English and uses a different encoding?

47 minutes ago, KillerDadz said:

so I installed a ton more from the download page and they all seem to work fine on my character and such, but a bunch of them dont have characters so i dont know what

You probably have installed the Chinese translations of some slavetats pack and your Skyrim version doesn't speak Chinese ^^

Chinese translation is in the files ending with _CN. If you don't speak Chinese, you should not install those.
感谢silentdark的汉化。中文版的文件在下载页面中以_CN结尾。

5 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You probably have installed the Chinese translations of some slavetats pack and your Skyrim version doesn't speak Chinese ^^

Chinese translation is in the files ending with _CN. If you don't speak Chinese, you should not install those.
感谢silentdark的汉化。中文版的文件在下载页面中以_CN结尾。

5 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Could be that the language used in the JSON isn't English and uses a different encoding?

thanks for the reply lads, but ye see its changed some of the files that were fine before, into these weird placeholder square symbols ://

1 hour ago, KillerDadz said:

thanks for the reply lads, but ye see its changed some of the files that were fine before, into these weird placeholder square symbols ://

Some of the files? You mean tattoo files?

You probably need to uninstall all tattoo files that are related to the translated _CN files. 

Or uninstall them all and add only non _CN files to your game.

13 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Some of the files? You mean tattoo files?

You probably need to uninstall all tattoo files that are related to the translated _CN files. 

Or uninstall them all and add only non _CN files to your game.

yea i meant tattoos, sorry. i'll give this a try and get back to yous if it worked.

EDIT: This worked for me. the missing characters are back. thank you for the replies lads.

I wish there was a english translation for those mods cause some of the Tattoos looked good :((

Edited by KillerDadz
Problem Solved

I have taken a look at all the slavetats packs mentioned in the original post / in the download section. Are there more? Is there a good place to find more? I think there might be some links hidden in the 163 pages of this thread but it will take a while to go through all of them ...

3 hours ago, KillerDadz said:

yea i meant tattoos, sorry. i'll give this a try and get back to yous if it worked.

EDIT: This worked for me. the missing characters are back. thank you for the replies lads.

I wish there was a english translation for those mods cause some of the Tattoos looked good :((

Download Notepad++ and use it to view the .json files.  It can correctly interpret the language encoding for Chinese and actually display the proper characters instead of boxes.  Then you can use Google translate to adjust things.  Be sure to share back your translations!

2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Download Notepad++ and use it to view the .json files.  It can correctly interpret the language encoding for Chinese and actually display the proper characters instead of boxes.  Then you can use Google translate to adjust things.  Be sure to share back your translations!

you know what man? I just went and done exactly that. translated Tattoo Pack_CN.7z into english. obvs google translate isnt all that good so i read the texture names and took some liberties. But you see the problem is, the .json file updates back to chinese everytime you load the game. thank fuck i thought this would happen and saved a copy of my edited version otherwise all the effort wouldve went to shit. any ideas? I'll share the edited copy of the file with you all now.

slavetats_cache.json

2 hours ago, KillerDadz said:

you know what man? I just went and done exactly that. translated Tattoo Pack_CN.7z into english. obvs google translate isnt all that good so i read the texture names and took some liberties. But you see the problem is, the .json file updates back to chinese everytime you load the game. thank fuck i thought this would happen and saved a copy of my edited version otherwise all the effort wouldve went to shit. any ideas? I'll share the edited copy of the file with you all now.

slavetats_cache.json 116.01 kB · 0 downloads

The rewriting of the file could be a side effect of your mod manager?  Are you using MO2?

That is Slavetat's cache file that it creates when it reads all the individual json files.  You'll need to edit the individual json files that make up the original tats package.  This pack adds 17 of them in Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\.

anal.json

brat.json

criminal.json

dominant.json

draconic.json

makeup.json

petplay.json

property.json

scrawl.json

slut.json

sm.json

stockings.json

submissive.json

symbols.json

whore.json

zoo.json

Edited by 4nk8r
13 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

The rewriting of the file could be a side effect of your mod manager?  Are you using MO2?

That is Slavetat's cache file that it creates when it reads all the individual json files.  You'll need to edit the individual json files that make up the original tats package.  This pack adds 17 of them in Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\.

anal.json

brat.json

criminal.json

dominant.json

draconic.json

makeup.json

petplay.json

property.json

scrawl.json

slut.json

sm.json

stockings.json

submissive.json

symbols.json

whore.json

zoo.json

ah right got it. As you can see im pretty new to all this, but I went and done it.

same method as before. bit of google translate and a bit of reading the Texture names and such.

anal.json brat.json criminal.json dominant.json draconic.json makeup.json petplay.json property.json scrawl.json slut.json sm.json stockings.json submissive.json symbols.json whore.json zoo.json

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 10:00 PM, BadgerBoi said:

I am getting the error message that I don't have JContainers installed, even though I do, and I triple checked my JContainers installation. Is this just a problem with Anniversary Edition, or is there something else I should try?

There is a pre-release download that solved that issue for me. https://github.com/ryobg/JContainers/releases

My problem is even with corrected I cant see any tats. Each window is blank 

I'm new to SlaveTats. Is the version 1.3.7SE for LE as well? I found that in the description it said "The SE-specific code has been changed so that it should work correctly on LE as well. If anyone wants to test that, I would welcome the feedback." I didn't know or see anything that said if it's okay to use for LE or if I should just use version 1.3.6?

Also If I use either version do I have to download each individual tat pack to get the tat's in the game or are the tat's included in the most recent version?

3 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Are tats compatible with male actors?

AFAICT, none of the included tats are for males, but they should show up on the male body if you apply them.  The placement could be way out of alignment or just look completely wrong/twisted/etc, however.

8 minutes ago, CthulhuClaus said:

Does anybody know why my own tattoo packs may not appear? as far as I know the json is completely correct? would an issue with the dds file prevent it from registering in mcm? or does just not always work?

Did you hit the button in the MCM to detect tattoos after you added your pack?  The detection is manual, now.  Part of the fixes to improve speed in SE.

9 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Did you hit the button in the MCM to detect tattoos after you added your pack?  The detection is manual, now.  Part of the fixes to improve speed in SE.

Yes. I even gave it time in game and nothing ever showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot something/made a mistake but I cant figure out what. I even validated the json file.