@murfk

I have a question regarding the new Json cache system. Does the data cache refresh itself on a new game or should it ? I am coming into situations where, if I load a previous save, and sometimes even on a new game, the tattoos that my PC had on before then, are still on the body in those previous saves / new game. They're easy enough to fix by going into the SlaveTats MCM and then closing the MCM back to the game screen, in order to trigger the tats refresh. but I was still curious as to its intended behaviour.

2 hours ago, ChibiUser said:

Hello there,

So I am running into a strange bug that popped up lately and I cannot for the life of me figure out what could be the cause.

I am running SkyrimSE (and using the SE version of slavetats).

Initially it worked as it should, however, now tattoos do not show up on the body.

The weird part is, they DO show up on the other parts (face, hands, feet).

Any idea what could cause this behaviour and how to solve it?

There are only a limited number of RaceMenu overlays. If you have tats already filling all your available body overlay slots, then you will not get any new tats applied to the body.

You can edit the RaceMenu skee.ini to increase the number of body/face/hands/feet overlays.

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

@murfk

I have a question regarding the new Json cache system. Does the data cache refresh itself on a new game or should it ? I am coming into situations where, if I load a previous save, and sometimes even on a new game, the tattoos that my PC had on before then, are still on the body in those previous saves / new game. They're easy enough to fix by going into the SlaveTats MCM and then closing the MCM back to the game screen, in order to trigger the tats refresh. but I was still curious as to its intended behaviour.

The cache does not store any data about what tattoos you have on your own or any other character. It only stores what tattoos are available and where they should appear in the menu. So, to answer the question you actually asked, no, it does not and should not refresh on new game. However, it is also not related to the weird behavior you're seeing.

Skyrim does not fully unload the old game when you load a new one. It sounds like your NetImmerse data tree is getting reused when you load, which I admit is a surprise to me even so. Still, it's always a good idea to quit the game entirely before loading a save, so my advice is to try that.

2 hours ago, murfk said:

Skyrim does not fully unload the old game when you load a new one. It sounds like your NetImmerse data tree is getting reused when you load, which I admit is a surprise to me even so. Still, it's always a good idea to quit the game entirely before loading a save, so my advice is to try that.

I have definitely seen that behavior. If I am in game, and I load a save, the RaceMenu overlays on the previous character will get applied to the newly-loaded character.

I agree with @murfk that exiting/restarting the game is a good way to unwanted RaceMenu overlay transfer from one character to another.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, Herowynne said:

There are only a limited number of RaceMenu overlays. If you have tats already filling all your available body overlay slots, then you will not get any new tats applied to the body.

You can edit the RaceMenu skee.ini to increase the number of body/face/hands/feet overlays.

I thought the same! I increased the number to 12 on all slots, but sadly still no dice.

Currently going to do a troubleshooting run, with just the bare-minimum requirements to get Slavetats running to see if that does work (I have a nagging feeling it might be a mod conflict). If it is a mod conflict I will report back, for future users :)

EDIT:

Okay, so I found the issue!

After running the bare minimum for slavetats, they appeared on the vanilla body! (yay!)

Then, I re-enabled the 3BBB body and... they stopped appearing...

So, I went for the in-between and tried just with CBBE aaaand yep, they appeared again!

Anyways, after re-installing the 3BBB body mod... it works again!

I have no idea what caused it to misbehave, but at least there is a simple solution ?

Edited by ChibiUser
Found solution

Hello, I've come across an issue where none of my settings for applying/editing face tattoos are showing up in the MCM menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: After developing a brain, I searched through the pages and found out my issue: Overlays for the face in the .ini file were set to 0. After messing with them the mod works as intended.

Edited by casterxd

Hello! @murfk  I'm having a problem with creating my own slavetat pack. Slavetats packs from other modders works for me but my own doesn't.  I'm trying to get it to show in the mcm menu but it's not working. So far, I checked around this thread and I thought I found a couple of solutions such as checking the json file using json online validator(which showed me that a comma was misplaced which was fixed), but I went back in game and it still doesn't show up in the mcm menu. I also decided to replace existing tats by renaming some of my slavetats dds with the same name as some other dds files and pasting them into that file. This works but obviously the name I want to give it wouldn't work because I used an existing slavetat pack with its specific name and renamed my file. But anyway is it possible you can take a look at m pack I made and help me figure out what I did wrong. I'm hoping to make this a mod and make more tats with it.

The spoiler shows a futa pic showing that it works in game when I replace an existing dds file from another slavetat pack  with my own pack

Spoiler

702571395_SkyrimSE2021-10-1801-07-41.png.ca5b702abc32596dcd29927fe9c2262e.png

ok well apparently I figured it out, i just had to make the t in textures lowercase.....oooof, welp thats that, ignore everything I just said above

Edited by FutaNemesislol
15 hours ago, FutaNemesislol said:

Hello! @murfk  I'm having a problem with creating my own slavetat pack. Slavetats packs from other modders works for me but my own doesn't.  I'm trying to get it to show in the mcm menu but it's not working. So far, I checked around this thread and I thought I found a couple of solutions such as checking the json file using json online validator(which showed me that a comma was misplaced which was fixed), but I went back in game and it still doesn't show up in the mcm menu. I also decided to replace existing tats by renaming some of my slavetats dds with the same name as some other dds files and pasting them into that file. This works but obviously the name I want to give it wouldn't work because I used an existing slavetat pack with its specific name and renamed my file. But anyway is it possible you can take a look at m pack I made and help me figure out what I did wrong. I'm hoping to make this a mod and make more tats with it.

The spoiler shows a futa pic showing that it works in game when I replace an existing dds file from another slavetat pack  with my own pack

Reveal hidden contents

702571395_SkyrimSE2021-10-1801-07-41.png.ca5b702abc32596dcd29927fe9c2262e.png

ok well apparently I figured it out, i just had to make the t in textures lowercase.....oooof, welp thats that, ignore everything I just said above

Easiest tech support I've done all week :) Congrats on figuring it out.

Someone's probably solved this already, but I have a very small brain and I can't figure it out for the life of me;

I can't get Androol or ElfMeetsORC to show up in my slavetats. I thought it was because I was using the AiO version (it's garbo, I know) but I uninstalled all my packs and it still didn't show even when it was the only pack installed. When I took a look at the respective folders, I found that while every single other pack have the descriptions/placements written in JSON, the ones I want are written in Javascript. (Yes I installed/uninstalled them, no I did not try this on a fresh save).

Has anyone made a fix or work around for this? It's just for Androol's stuff + ElfMeetsOrc.

10 hours ago, Skellyjelly said:

No idea how to do that. Is there a guide anywhere?

Find the file in the folder, right-click, and select Rename. Only instead of renaming the title part of the file, you're renaming the extension from .js to .json. Enter. You'll get a pop up message telling you the file might not work, ignore it. For Slavetats, this shouldn't matter. You can doublecheck it if you want by opening it in Notepad++. It should look like any other Slavetats .json file. That's it.

7 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Find the file in the folder, right-click, and select Rename. Only instead of renaming the title part of the file, you're renaming the extension from .js to .json. Enter. You'll get a pop up message telling you the file might not work, ignore it. For Slavetats, this shouldn't matter. You can doublecheck it if you want by opening it in Notepad++. It should look like any other Slavetats .json file. That's it.

Just tried this, and rewriting the code into a .json file. Androol's stuff appears to be cursed as it does not show even with these fixes. I took a look through the pages of this thread, and it seems like this is an ongoing issue with no fixes. F in the chat, I really liked his stuff.

2 hours ago, Skellyjelly said:

Just tried this, and rewriting the code into a .json file. Androol's stuff appears to be cursed as it does not show even with these fixes. I took a look through the pages of this thread, and it seems like this is an ongoing issue with no fixes. F in the chat, I really liked his stuff.

Not sure about the LE version, but the SE version requires you to go into the MCM under Setup and toggle Add/Remove Tattoos before new tattoo packs will show up.  You need to do this step any time you add or remove tattoo packs.

I just tested ElfMeetsOrc.  All I needed to do was rename the .js file to .json, start the game, MCM > Slave Tats > Setup > Add/Remove Tatttoos.  It shows "Working" for a bit, then completes.  I was then able to manually go to Body and found Elf Meets Orc in the list and assign it.  The tramp stamp I picked from Elf Meets Orc showed up OK on my character.

If this isn't working for you, you're failing to perform one of the steps above correctly.  At least for ElfMeetsOrc, the contents of the .js file did not appear to need any adjustment.  Just rename the files correctly, import them into Slave Tats via Setup and it should work.

Edit: The "section" name listed in the .js/.json file is what shows up in the Slave Tats list.  For example, AndroolSlut shows up as "Slutmarks" in the Slave Tats list.

Edited by 4nk8r
40 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Not sure about the LE version, but the SE version requires you to go into the MCM under Setup and toggle Add/Remove Tattoos before new tattoo packs will show up.  You need to do this step any time you add or remove tattoo packs.

I just tested ElfMeetsOrc.  All I needed to do was rename the .js file to .json, start the game, MCM > Slave Tats > Setup > Add/Remove Tatttoos.  It shows "Working" for a bit, then completes.  I was then able to manually go to Body and found Elf Meets Orc in the list and assign it.  The tramp stamp I picked from Elf Meets Orc showed up OK on my character.

If this isn't working for you, you're failing to perform one of the steps above correctly.  At least for ElfMeetsOrc, the contents of the .js file did not appear to need any adjustment.  Just rename the files correctly, import them into Slave Tats via Setup and it should work.

Edit: The "section" name listed in the .js/.json file is what shows up in the Slave Tats list.  For example, AndroolSlut shows up as "Slutmarks" in the Slave Tats list.

Did all of the above, still no fix.

I had to unpack, rename, then repack the file. My guess is even if you fix the file in the deployment tree (while it's already unpacked) the architecture gets messed up which is why that doesn't necessarily work. Works fine now, and I'll post the All-in-One I'm using for all those interested. 

522547727_SlaveTatsAIOv1.1Plus.zip

5 hours ago, Skellyjelly said:

Did all of the above, still no fix.

I had to unpack, rename, then repack the file. My guess is even if you fix the file in the deployment tree (while it's already unpacked) the architecture gets messed up which is why that doesn't necessarily work. Works fine now, and I'll post the All-in-One I'm using for all those interested. 

522547727_SlaveTatsAIOv1.1Plus.zip 111.39 MB · 0 downloads

Seriously...All I did was rename the .js to .json and it loaded just fine in SSE.

3 hours ago, forgetful hatter said:

I'm getting an error when i try to open it
 "Warning this version of SlaveTata uses version 3 or greater of the JContainers API. You have a different version installed".

I'm currently using the latest jcontainer 

there was some mention of it on page 118 but that wasn't helpful. 

any ideas? 

20211030161644_1.jpg

Check your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log file to see if the jcontainers64.dll is loading OK.  The log entries you want to see looks like this:

checking plugin F:\Games\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers64.dll

plugin F:\Games\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers64.dll (00000001 JContainers64 00000004) loaded correctly (handle 9)

Edited by 4nk8r
3 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Check your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log file to see if the jcontainers64.dll is loading OK.  The log entries you want to see looks like this:

checking plugin F:\Games\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers64.dll

plugin F:\Games\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers64.dll (00000001 JContainers64 00000004) loaded correctly (handle 9)

my hero. :O   
sorry i didn't expect to get a reply
I had a dig through 
skse64.log trying to find any matches for jcontainers but there were none, even went and used the find feature to try and find any match for jcontainers64 or jcontainers or containers.

i got a bad feeling its something extremely specific, because i got mods on that require jcontainer and they all register jcontainers as working.

Spoiler

(devourment refactor a vore mod)

tl:dr

Spoiler

I used a body paint mod in the end to get what i was after.
the end result was "tattooing" signature striped thigh highs onto my characters. 
because painting them on works better than physical socks as most clip. 

in old skyrim i used slavetats and it works wonderfully there, 
in the end i used
Community Overlays 1 (0-30) Bodypaints Warpaints Tattoos and more made for the Community (Special Edition)
for SE. i wanna mention that encase anyone else needs it.

123.jpg

31 minutes ago, forgetful hatter said:

my hero. :O   
sorry i didn't expect to get a reply
I had a dig through 
skse64.log trying to find any matches for jcontainers but there were none, even went and used the find feature to try and find any match for jcontainers64 or jcontainers or containers.

i got a bad feeling its something extremely specific, because i got mods on that require jcontainer and they all register jcontainers as working.

Reveal hidden contents

(devourment refactor a vore mod)

tl:dr

Hide contents

I used a body paint mod in the end to get what i was after.
the end result was "tattooing" signature striped thigh highs onto my characters. 
because painting them on works better than physical socks as most clip. 

in old skyrim i used slavetats and it works wonderfully there, 
in the end i used
Community Overlays 1 (0-30) Bodypaints Warpaints Tattoos and more made for the Community (Special Edition)
for SE. i wanna mention that encase anyone else needs it.

123.jpg

Do you happen to use MO2?  I'm not an MO2 user, but I frequently see people having issues installing mods with DLLs using MO2.  Seems like DLL's get redirected somewhere in MO2's structure and require an extra approval step to get them to install (I don't remember what/where/how...maybe related to "overwrites"?). 

15 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Do you happen to use MO2?  I'm not an MO2 user, but I frequently see people having issues installing mods with DLLs using MO2.  Seems like DLL's get redirected somewhere in MO2's structure and require an extra approval step to get them to install (I don't remember what/where/how...maybe related to "overwrites"?). 

nah just nexus mod manager community edition.

but that does give me an idea, i'll dig into the mod and manually install it. sometimes that helps with mods.

4 hours ago, forgetful hatter said:

nah just nexus mod manager community edition.

but that does give me an idea, i'll dig into the mod and manually install it. sometimes that helps with mods.

Windows might be stepping on installation of random DLL's, so you may need to check your Security Center to see if any have been blocked.

You should consider Vortex or MO2 to replace NMM.  NMM is dying a slow death.  Vortex is a closer to NMM in user experience and behavior than MO2, but both are far better than NMM.

21 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

MO2.  Seems like DLL's get redirected

No.

Have + 20 dll's installed. Just as any other mod. People must just be aware of   the WHOLE left side is the data directory.

Edited by T-lam
Left left