1 hour ago, T-lam said:

No.

Have + 20 dll's installed. Just as any other mod. People must just be aware of   the WHOLE left side is the data directory.

Glad you spoke up.  I don't have any experience with MO2.  Just based my response by how many lost MO2 users we seem to get related to DLL issues.

13 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Windows might be stepping on installation of random DLL's, so you may need to check your Security Center to see if any have been blocked.

You should consider Vortex or MO2 to replace NMM.  NMM is dying a slow death.  Vortex is a closer to NMM in user experience and behavior than MO2, but both are far better than NMM.

it works now! :D 

I'm not even going to pretend i know how, maybe it was some unexpected mod interaction or bugged install.
but it seems like manually installing it did the trick

i was able to move across a proper "tattoo" i was seeking and apply it to a character, the black white stockings replaced the red fishnets and now i have what i was after.
this beats using a body paint in alot of ways. eg i can apply it to a character without needing to do voo doo magic or CK stuff.

thanks for your help guys.

ScreenShot90_result.jpg

I've had SlaveTats 1.3.52 for a while now but after a while it stopped recognizing new characters and only shows some of the old ones that have slavetats on them. I tried updating but nothing changed. Furthermore if i disable the old mod and enable the new one slavetats doesn't even show up in MCM. It's only there if i overwrite the old mod. It seems to affect all of the saves but not a new game.

1 hour ago, TheArchlich said:

How can I change tattoo to a custom color, that's not available from the selection? I want full control over RGB values.

IIRC, once you have the Slavetats tattoo, you can open Racemenu via the console (type 'showracemenu'), select the tattoo, and click to select color to change the color and glow color with the sliders.

If you want a permanent default color for the tattoos, you need to edit the .json file and add color information. Then, whenever the tattoo is selected the default will be the colors set up. Here's my edited basic.json from Slavetats as an example. basic.json

There's a good write-up somewhere in this thread (I think) on how to get your colors from color wheel RGB values to base 10 values, but I couldn't find it. FWIW, here are my notes. Slavetats colors notes.pdf

Have fun!

18 hours ago, Luan101 said:

I've had SlaveTats 1.3.52 for a while now but after a while it stopped recognizing new characters and only shows some of the old ones that have slavetats on them.

Not sure what that means. Creating a new character would mean a new game.

I tried updating but nothing changed.

Furthermore if i disable the old mod and enable the new one slavetats doesn't even show up in MCM.

disable like in "only disable esp"?

If slavetats data gets written into the save you will need to make a clean save first before updating.

Means removing old version > ingame save > clean save with Fallrimtools > install new version > start game and hope for the best

I tried to write it down as complicated as I could: Conglomerate

4 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Not sure what that means. Creating a new character would mean a new game.

disable like in "only disable esp"?

If slavetats data gets written into the save you will need to make a clean save first before updating.

Means removing old version > ingame save > clean save with Fallrimtools > install new version > start game and hope for the best

I tried to write it down as complicated as I could: Conglomerate

If i just clean unattached instances or undefined elements it stops loading. I had to use this to fix the suspended stacks problem which i had. I disabled the entire mod, not just esp. In the MO2. I'm not sure how making clean save would work if my character still has tattoos when i load the save without slavetats.

10 minutes ago, Luan101 said:

I had to use this to fix the suspended stacks problem which i had.

Oh, SE, OH suspended stacks on SE ?

10 minutes ago, Luan101 said:

character still has tattoos when i load the save without slavetats

After removal of mods that added overlays you have to remove the leftovers manually in Racemenu.

For example STA added tattoos and you remove STA the overlay slot is still occupied, even if any overlay shown will have a missing texture and be pink.

Slavetats shows and manipulates the first 12 overlay slots (more in the newer versions), but those will also be occupied in Racemenu.

In Racemenu you can see all available overlay slots.

If you removed slavetats (and didn't remove the overlays before uninstalling slavetats) you will need to go into racemenu, search for the occupied overlay slots and set those slots back to default.

12 minutes ago, Luan101 said:

If i just clean unattached instances or undefined elements it stops loading.

uh oh, that's one broken save o.o

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Oh, SE, OH suspended stacks on SE ?

After removal of mods that added overlays you have to remove the leftovers manually in Racemenu.

For example STA added tattoos and you remove STA the overlay slot is still occupied, even if any overlay shown will have a missing texture and be pink.

Slavetats shows and manipulates the first 12 overlay slots (more in the newer versions), but those will also be occupied in Racemenu.

In Racemenu you can see all available overlay slots.

If you removed slavetats (and didn't remove the overlays before uninstalling slavetats) you will need to go into racemenu, search for the occupied overlay slots and set those slots back to default.

uh oh, that's one broken save o.o

Works fine most of the time... Even the fallrim itself says to use caution when deleting them.
Another thing i noticed is that if i load saves way back the issue still persists. I can't add/change tattoos on characters except mine and a couple of others.

Edited by Luan101
20 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

IIRC, once you have the Slavetats tattoo, you can open Racemenu via the console (type 'showracemenu'), select the tattoo, and click to select color to change the color and glow color with the sliders.

If you want a permanent default color for the tattoos, you need to edit the .json file and add color information. Then, whenever the tattoo is selected the default will be the colors set up. Here's my edited basic.json from Slavetats as an example. basic.json

There's a good write-up somewhere in this thread (I think) on how to get your colors from color wheel RGB values to base 10 values, but I couldn't find it. FWIW, here are my notes. Slavetats colors notes.pdf

Have fun!

Thanks, but that doesn't seam like the approach I want.

This will change the default color of the tattoos.

I want to change the colors that are available to select in-game.

49 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

@TheArchlich, did you try changing the colors in racemenu? That would be the easiest way, probably. Pick the tat and then open racemenu to change color. You can also try editing the files in the CK, but I don't know enough about Creation Kit to know if you need to do anything other than change the RGB values.

It is reset every tome the plugin is initiated, if I use race menu.

I don't think the color is in the esp. I think it has something to do with the JContainers.

The mod is calling the JMap script to get the color, but I can't figure out how it works. Where is the color data?

13 minutes ago, TheArchlich said:

It is reset every tome the plugin is initiated, if I use race menu.

I don't think the color is in the esp. I think it has something to do with the JContainers.

The mod is calling the JMap script to get the color, but I can't figure out how it works. Where is the color data?

I found the colors when I opened the .esp in Creation Kit. It looks easy enough to change the RGB values, but as I said, I don't know if anything else needs to be done.  I definitely don't know whether or how JContainers is involved in the color selection.

What's the best tattoo pack to get if I want whipped / lash marks? I'm not seeing anything related to that in the main download page, unless I'm overlooking it.

I remember having something similar in original Skyrim.

Edited by ReMeDy
13 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I found the colors when I opened the .esp in Creation Kit. It looks easy enough to change the RGB values, but as I said, I don't know if anything else needs to be done.  I definitely don't know whether or how JContainers is involved in the color selection.

JContainers is not involved, but MCM is. The MCM color selector widget is... limited.

15 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Really? I'm gonna double-check then.

1 hour ago, TheArchlich said:

Really? I'm gonna double-check then.

Good luck. I hope it's that easy. :)

FWIW, the reason I edit so many of my slavetats packs .json files is because I use Rape Tattoos. RT doesn't bring up the color selector, of course, so if you get a lot of tats w/ default colors they can kind of blend in together where they overlap, making it hard to see. Now I don't have that problem. Though, sometimes my poor dovah looks positively garish! :D

9 hours ago, murfk said:

JContainers is not involved, but MCM is. The MCM color selector widget is... limited.

you could add sliders ranging from 0 to 255 for each color, or, i saw some mod using text box to put color values in format: '0 255 0' for example
i was actually thinking about adding full color support when i was rewriting mcm but, am lazy, never actually came around to do so

Edited by LinaHirata
18 hours ago, LinaHirata said:

you could add sliders ranging from 0 to 255 for each color, or, i saw some mod using text box to put color values in format: '0 255 0' for example
i was actually thinking about adding full color support when i was rewriting mcm but, am lazy, never actually came around to do so

Yeah, I'd considered the primary color sliders, but I decided it would take up too much screen space and wouldn't be natural for most users. A text entry is probably not very friendly either.

6 hours ago, murfk said:

Yeah, I'd considered the primary color sliders, but I decided it would take up too much screen space and wouldn't be natural for most users. A text entry is probably not very friendly either.

hidden by default, toggle that enables them, smth like "Advanced options" ?

Edited by LinaHirata