On 2/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, Buridan said:

Thank you! I did run a couple of them through jsonlint, they seemed fine. But I'll try it again!

19 Feb edit: okay... yet again the solution to this problem ended up being stupid simple ? - after you add or remove any SlaveTats set, you need to click the "Add/Remove" button on the first page of the MCM, which refreshes the list.

That happens to the best of us. Glad you fixed your problem.

Does anyone know why face tats disappear up close with tfc enabled? I searched the thread for an answer, someone posted a link to another thread with potentially an answer, but it no longer exists apparently. Is this just a regular limitation with the mod/game or is there a workaround? 

Hoping someone can help me here, I'm experiencing an issue where the amount of slots slavetats (and Racemenu) have available is stuck at 3 for body, feet and hands. I'm pretty sure something is overriding my settings in nioverride.ini, as I can change the value to be higher or lower or even delete the file, and it still only allows 3 slots. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I'm running Legendary Edition and using 1.3.0-beta version of Slavetats

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chon_tun said:

Which version do I download for LE? I see a bunch of the latest for SE but it's not clear to me where they diverge

You want SlaveTats 1.3.0-beta or SlaveTats 1.2.3 (the beta has seen wide use for quite a while now, and doesn't really need the beta tag)

Im having an issue, the menu does not seem to be appearing in MCM.
It installs and the game reads it (If I turn it off I get a warning), it works for the mods that are dependent, but it is not there for me to customise.
I have tried using setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 and also jaxonz kicker neither worked, and I have tried waiting for 15 minutes IRL and autowaiting in game.
The version I am using is the SSE version (1.3.5) and I am on SSE.

This is what I got from Papyrus
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "_release_follower" in state "" on object "slavetatsonload".
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "_acquire_follower" in state "" on object "slavetatsonload".
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::st_extra_var" on object "SlaveTatsMCMMenu"
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link type of property "st_extra" on object "SlaveTatsMCMMenu"

20 hours ago, nocturna88 said:

Im having an issue, the menu does not seem to be appearing in MCM.
It installs and the game reads it (If I turn it off I get a warning), it works for the mods that are dependent, but it is not there for me to customise.
I have tried using setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 and also jaxonz kicker neither worked, and I have tried waiting for 15 minutes IRL and autowaiting in game.
The version I am using is the SSE version (1.3.5) and I am on SSE.

This is what I got from Papyrus
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "_release_follower" in state "" on object "slavetatsonload".
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "_acquire_follower" in state "" on object "slavetatsonload".
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::st_extra_var" on object "SlaveTatsMCMMenu"
[03/19/2021 - 08:42:19AM] Error: Unable to link type of property "st_extra" on object "SlaveTatsMCMMenu"

That looks like you might be missing a dependency.

I seem to have a glitch of some sort, not really a massive problem but I'm finding it very annoying and puzzling. Not sure if it's been raised here before but here goes.

I have this issue of ghost tattoos, as it were. Despite those tattoos being disabled in MO2 (and removed entirely to make sure), they still show up as if they were there. In the MCM, I can select the tattoo section, and can bring up the list of individual tattoos, but when I click on them it says [NO TATTOO]. I've reinstalled the tattoo packs, slavetats itself, Skyrim (Special Edition if it matters), basically everything relevent. I've searched and there's no JSON or anything creating an empty section or similar.

All things considered its relatively harmless but highly frustrating. Would like some help if anyone can give it.

Keep getting these errors whenever tattoos are applied to me through mods or myself manually: 

2017439153_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_03.27-23_20_26_92.png.0f4921cb9acc8a5bc47e67fbd4234186.png

the tattoos themselves still get added but Id like to clear this error out of my game so how do I fix this? The json's have the appropriate brackets closing it off at the beginning & end so im not sure how its picking up errors? If another set of eyes see it themselves below, lemme know what it is. I've never touched these files btw, they came like this when I installed them.

1289799404_Screenshot(235).png.4e83f6221e6cffaebef145549f29aa45.png

On 3/27/2021 at 11:39 PM, LesboIsBesto said:

Keep getting these errors whenever tattoos are applied to me through mods or myself manually: 

2017439153_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_03.27-23_20_26_92.png.0f4921cb9acc8a5bc47e67fbd4234186.png

the tattoos themselves still get added but Id like to clear this error out of my game so how do I fix this? The json's have the appropriate brackets closing it off at the beginning & end so im not sure how its picking up errors? If another set of eyes see it themselves below, lemme know what it is. I've never touched these files btw, they came like this when I installed them.

For me this happened because I wasn't using the correct version of slavetats but unlike you none of my tattoos were loading in game. If you're using Oldrim like me you need Slavetats V1.2.3. DO NOT use the most recent 1.3.5.2 SE version unless you're using Skyrim Special Edition. If that doesn;t work there are other versions of Slave Tats in the downloads. Versions 1.0.3. Version 1.1.1.  and Version 1.0.3. Beta. I had to try all 5 versions before I got it to work with Version 1.2.3. if this doesn't help let me know I'll get back to you.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:39 PM, LesboIsBesto said:

the tattoos themselves still get added but Id like to clear this error out of my game so how do I fix this? The json's have the appropriate brackets closing it off at the beginning & end so I'm not sure how its picking up errors? If another set of eyes see it themselves below, lemme know what it is. I've never touched these files btw, they came like this when I installed them.

This is unlikely to be the issue, but I would take one of those files and drop it on https://jsonlint.com just to double check that they are actually valid format. There's no point in ruining your eyes and giving yourself a headache trying to look for missing punctuation when there are tools out there that can do it for you. I also notice from your other comments on other threads that you are playing on LE, so I would also definitely take a look at making sure you are using the LE version of the mod, as Spectre5342 said.

14 hours ago, Spectre5342 said:

For me this happened because I wasn't using the correct version of slavetats but unlike you none of my tattoos were loading in game. If you're using Oldrim like me you need Slavetats V1.2.3. DO NOT use the most recent 1.3.5.2 SE version unless you're using Skyrim Special Edition. If that doesn;t work there are other versions of Slave Tats in the downloads. Versions 1.0.3. Version 1.1.1.  and Version 1.0.3. Beta. I had to try all 5 versions before I got it to work with Version 1.2.3. if this doesn't help let me know I'll get back to you.

1 hour ago, grosaprap said:

This is unlikely to be the issue, but I would take one of those files and drop it on https://jsonlint.com just to double check that they are actually valid format. There's no point in ruining your eyes and giving yourself a headache trying to look for missing punctuation when there are tools out there that can do it for you. I also notice from your other comments on other threads that you are playing on LE, so I would also definitely take a look at making sure you are using the LE version of the mod, as Spectre5342 said.

im using SlaveTats-1.3.0-beta-2.7z, downloaded this back in 2017, before SexLab was even converted to SE

For some reason these tattoos work on a default female preset but once I load my character preset none of them will show up on the player even if its done manually. The preset is using 1 body tattoo in the racemenu but I can't see why that would prevent anything from working in slavetats whatsoever. I tried enabling all 60 of the tattoos I used only a few of them showed up on the players face and hands but not the body. If this mod is incompatible with having 1 body tattoo in racemenu then I'm gonna pass I've never once been able to get this mod to work correctly.

41 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

For some reason these tattoos work on a default female preset but once I load my character preset none of them will show up on the player even if its done manually. The preset is using 1 body tattoo in the racemenu but I can't see why that would prevent anything from working in slavetats whatsoever. I tried enabling all 60 of the tattoos I used only a few of them showed up on the players face and hands but not the body. If this mod is incompatible with having 1 body tattoo in racemenu then I'm gonna pass I've never once been able to get this mod to work correctly.

Using a Racemenu overlay in addition to SlaveTats is fine. SlaveTats was specifically written to support that, and people do it all the time. I don't know what could be causing your problem, unless you've got the Racemenu body overlay count set to 1 in the config file for some reason (which seems very unlikely).

1 hour ago, murfk said:

Using a Racemenu overlay in addition to SlaveTats is fine. SlaveTats was specifically written to support that, and people do it all the time. I don't know what could be causing your problem, unless you've got the Racemenu body overlay count set to 1 in the config file for some reason (which seems very unlikely).

I might just proceed through this new game without this mod its been such a headache so far. Which version should I be using by the way for Oldrim I was trying 1.2.3 but there are other ones? also I did see one of the overlays from slave tats in racemenu when slavetats had it applied. Perhaps the slots are taken up I'll see about that overlay count config if it can be raised. I'm also worried that when the tattoo "dissapears" its merely invisible in color but still there that could be an issue later on.

59 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

I might just proceed through this new game without this mod its been such a headache so far. Which version should I be using by the way for Oldrim I was trying 1.2.3 but there are other ones? also I did see one of the overlays from slave tats in racemenu when slavetats had it applied. Perhaps the slots are taken up I'll see about that overlay count config if it can be raised. I'm also worried that when the tattoo "dissapears" its merely invisible in color but still there that could be an issue later on.

I fixed it the issue was that racemenu had 6 tattoos on the body 3 of which were invisible reset them to default and the slavetats was able to start putting them on the player body. And thanks for mentioning the config file I was able to raise the maximum overlays in there. Also for some reason face paint was turned off in there so its nice to have that on got a bunch of tattoos I've never seen before now.

22 hours ago, 0wnyx said:

how long do the tats last ? i noticed the face tats disappear quickly but have bruises that stay for 1-2 days now...

The tats last forever, unless you have another mod installed that removes or replaces them over time.

1 hour ago, murfk said:

The tats last forever, unless you have another mod installed that removes or replaces them over time.

thx for the reply. u should consider a mcm timer option for the duration of the tats, especially if it does not differentiate between bruises and tats. this seems like a major flaw to me, this mod changes the visual of the dragonborn permanently, this should be explained in the description of the mod (maybe i missed it idk). i guess i could change the color to black/invis if i want to keep playing other mods that have this mod as requirement no ?  anyway the idea of the mod is good but as of right now its a bit to intrusive.

I have the most current one installed and clicked the button to read the tattoo packs other mods recognizes it exists.  I have the most current Jcontainer, racemenu, skyui, and skse, and yet none of the tattoos shows up.  any idea what is happening?  After I attempt a tattoo, it keep saying I need the prereqs but I have them.

Is it possible to set the glow level using 

simple_add_tattoo()?

edit: I've modified the script to also set

JMap.setInt(tattoo, "glow", color)

in addition to "color" but wanted to know if there's a cleaner way.

Also, I would like to simulate the glow getting brighter or dimmer. Is there a better way other than repeatedly calling simple_add_tattoo() with different values?