25 minutes ago, AzzyODonnell said:

Hello there Y'all. I'm having issues with Devious Devices showing through clothes, and not hiding when I wear anything on top of them. Anyone know what causes this? I've re-run bodyslide, but to no avail. 

The device hider is what hides devices when wearing things that should cover them up, check the Devious Devices MCM Devicer Hider (I think) tab for settings it is named something to that effect anyway, there are two tabs the first one has body slot (slot 32 IIRC) items (and several other slots, the second tab has the remaining slots) and general settings. Some mods conflict with the device hider, and the hider counts as an equipment slot so whatever slot you put it in you will be unable to wear anything in that slot.

37 minutes ago, Tenri said:

The device hider is what hides devices when wearing things that should cover them up, check the Devious Devices MCM Devicer Hider (I think) tab for settings it is named something to that effect anyway, there are two tabs the first one has body slot (slot 32 IIRC) items (and several other slots, the second tab has the remaining slots) and general settings. Some mods conflict with the device hider, and the hider counts as an equipment slot so whatever slot you put it in you will be unable to wear anything in that slot.

What should I be checking for? I tried changing the hider slot but it didn't fix the issue. Also, I used BodySlotMCM to check what slots the devious devices are taking up, and they don't appear to have any slots assigned. BodySlots can't detect them in my inventory at all.

14 minutes ago, AzzyODonnell said:

What should I be checking for? I tried changing the hider slot but it didn't fix the issue. Also, I used BodySlotMCM to check what slots the devious devices are taking up, and they don't appear to have any slots assigned. BodySlots can't detect them in my inventory at all.

I don't know what "BodySlots" is or how it works, so I can't say why it isn't detecting the devices.

For the device hider, its settings can be found in the last two pages of the devious devices MCM, labelled as Devices Underneath. The default settings are to have slot 41 for the device hider itself, and then to have slots 49, 51, 56 and 58 listed in the section for slot 32. Everything else should be set to None if you haven't changed anything. So, on the first Devices Underneath page, find the slot 32 section and make sure those four slots are set for it. That should make anything worn in the body slot (32) hide chastity belts, nipple piercings, chastity bras and harnesses/corsets. If it's still not working with those settings, I'm afraid I couldn't say what the problem is.

One other thing to note is that the device hider only works for the player character, not for NPCs.

12 minutes ago, merManc said:

I don't know what "BodySlots" is or how it works, so I can't say why it isn't detecting the devices.

For the device hider, its settings can be found in the last two pages of the devious devices MCM, labelled as Devices Underneath. The default settings are to have slot 41 for the device hider itself, and then to have slots 49, 51, 56 and 58 listed in the section for slot 32. Everything else should be set to None if you haven't changed anything. So, on the first Devices Underneath page, find the slot 32 section and make sure those four slots are set for it. That should make anything worn in the body slot (32) hide chastity belts, nipple piercings, chastity bras and harnesses/corsets. If it's still not working with those settings, I'm afraid I couldn't say what the problem is.

One other thing to note is that the device hider only works for the player character, not for NPCs.

BodySlots is a mod that lets me see what slots clothing/armor take up.
And, okay, I gotcha. However, after changing those values, it doesn't save them. Every time I open the menu, everything's set to "none".

44 minutes ago, AzzyODonnell said:

20200918195058_1.jpg.4c04dc7fdab35e2854093d7ba35d95ff.jpg

That is the default slot for the Item Hider, doesn't really matter what it is but 41 is generally safe as long as you aren't using modular armour mods.

20200918195104_1.jpg.b19e76f8bd7994341b73a587c49772e6.jpg

The 4 entries in Body - Full are what items are hidden while wearing something in the Body slot (32)

these are the default settings, so unless something is strange with your clothing or that bra in particular it should hide, as long as you never changed anything in the Devices Underneath tabs of the MCM.

Using Bodyslide on the items shouldn't change anything as far as hiding things go because it just has to do with what slots the items are given in the esp/esm files that they come from.

I myself generally turn the Item Hider off entirely, and just live with the clipping, so I can't say for certain if it still works or not. But I remember it working some time ago.

edit: It is also worth noting that due to the way DDs work I don't think the BodySlot mod would find them, the inventory items that you can see with names and weights and values and things have no worn slots. While the actual rendered items are a separate item that is invisible in your inventory and has no name 99% of the time.

10 minutes ago, Tenri said:

20200918195058_1.jpg.4c04dc7fdab35e2854093d7ba35d95ff.jpg

That is the default slot for the Item Hider, doesn't really matter what it is but 41 is generally safe as long as you aren't using modular armour mods.

20200918195104_1.jpg.b19e76f8bd7994341b73a587c49772e6.jpg

The 4 entries in Body - Full are what items are hidden while wearing something in the Body slot (32)

these are the default settings, so unless something is strange with your clothing or that bra in particular it should hide, as long as you never changed anything in the Devices Underneath tabs of the MCM.

Using Bodyslide on the items shouldn't change anything as far as hiding things go because it just has to do with what slots the items are given in the esp/esm files that they come from.

I myself generally turn the Item Hider off entirely, and just live with the clipping, so I can't say for certain if it still works or not. But I remember it working some time ago.

edit: It is also worth noting that due to the way DDs work I don't think the BodySlot mod would find them, the inventory items that you can see with names and weights and values and things have no worn slots. While the actual rendered items are a separate item that is invisible in your inventory and has no name 99% of the time.

Alright, I feel very stupid now. I had to save and reload in order for DD to fully finalize, which is what prevented it from working properly. After saving and reloading, it automatically added the items to Body - Full (32).

I'm sorry for wasting your time, everyone ^^'

Thank you so much for the help still, I appreciate you answering so fast and trying your best to help.

It appears that attempting to equip (manually, from player inventory) an item that has zad_QuestItem flag and also non-empy EquipRequiredDevices array, triggers item unequip, as it should (zadEquipScript, line 155), which in turn triggers quest item removal prevention (zadEquipScript, line 243). As a result, message zad_EquipRequiredFailMsg is displayed, but the item gets equipped anyway, without proper equip requirements. Here's the relevant log:

Spoiler

[09/19/2020 - 09:29:13PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(Prisoner: Uniform Dress)
[09/19/2020 - 09:29:14PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Prisoner: Uniform Dress)
[09/19/2020 - 09:29:14PM] [Zad]: Attempt to remove quest item: Prisoner: Uniform Dress)
[09/19/2020 - 09:29:14PM] [Zad]: Caught and prevented unauthorized removal attempt!
[09/19/2020 - 09:29:14PM] [Zad]: OnEffectStart(): Hobble Skirt
[09/19/2020 - 09:29:15PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping Hobble Dress.

48 minutes ago, Fulanoo said:

I had the belly node management option enabled and if my character is wearing a corset, after a while her belly goes crazy, like stretching and jumping around.
Does anyone know what could I have done wrong?

- Incompatible skeleton? Showing full FNIS log here would tell us much more.

- If you have SLIF it might be configured badly in MCM.

- Bodyslide support for less common bodies might be lacking. UUNP and CBBE are the only ones really supported.

Is there an option somewhere to tweak the mechanics behind non-key device escape, apart from the difficulty level? Ideally, this would be something like making the individual device/method escape cooldowns shared, such that only one escape attempt could be made every few hours, regardless of how many devices you attempt to escape from or what methods you try to use. The escape functions make me feel like that was planned at some point, or maybe it was implemented and I'm missing a global variable somewhere. Thanks!

14 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Is this the correct place to suggest a new kind of items?

Either of these is probably a better place to do so:

I'd recommend the latter though, since the former is going to be superseeded by the merged DD5 in the near future.

Two quick questions im making a custom set of restraints for a quest and need one of the items enchanted to which device should I add the Enchantment Rendered or Inventory? Unrelated to the Quest, but I wondered, is there a function to execute a Vibration Event after which my character is edged? 

2 hours ago, Prime66 said:

Two quick questions im making a custom set of restraints for a quest and need one of the items enchanted to which device should I add the Enchantment Rendered or Inventory? Unrelated to the Quest, but I wondered, is there a function to execute a Vibration Event after which my character is edged? 

First question I don't know but Aradia's Devious Expansion has its enchantments on the inventory devices.

Second question I assume you want to trigger a vibration that will only edge the actor (no orgasm from the event) if so use

zadLibs.VibrateEffect(akActor, vibStrength, duration, teaseOnly = True)

akActor is the actor you are activating the vibration on

vibStrength is an integer 1 to 5, 1 being very weak, 5 being very strong.

Values of 1 or 2 are not strong enough to provide orgasm or edging events.

duration is how many seconds (not including script lag) the event should last for, it has a max time of 128 IIRC as it uses faction ranks to determine duration. If the event edges the actor the vibration will stop as soon as that happens.

teaseOnly is whether or not the vibration will edge the actor or allow for orgasm

true is only edge the actor (may not fire the edge event if the actor isn't aroused enough to be edged before the vibration stops)

false will allow orgasms, as many as can be had before the vibrations stop, but does not guarantee one.

Defaults to false if not given a value (i.e. allows orgasms).

and there is one more input available 

silent

it is another bool input if true then it wont show the default vibration start/ending messages. defaults to false if not given a value

If you just want to trigger the edge event without the vibration buildup you could use 

zadLibs.EdgeActor(akActor)

As that is what the vibration event calls when it edges the actor.

It will send the DeviceEdgedActor modevent, and play the edged animation/sounds.

But without something watching for the modevent there will be no other effects on the actor.

8 hours ago, Tenri said:

First question I don't know but Aradia's Devious Expansion has its enchantments on the inventory devices.

5 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I believe the default DD items with enchants have them on the rendered device.

Thank you both. I will do some Testing on the Enchantment part.

8 hours ago, Tenri said:

Second question I assume you want to trigger a vibration that will only edge the actor (no orgasm from the event) if so use

zadLibs.VibrateEffect(akActor, vibStrength, duration, teaseOnly = True)

akActor is the actor you are activating the vibration on

vibStrength is an integer 1 to 5, 1 being very weak, 5 being very strong.

Values of 1 or 2 are not strong enough to provide orgasm or edging events.

duration is how many seconds (not including script lag) the event should last for, it has a max time of 128 IIRC as it uses faction ranks to determine duration. If the event edges the actor the vibration will stop as soon as that happens.

teaseOnly is whether or not the vibration will edge the actor or allow for orgasm

true is only edge the actor (may not fire the edge event if the actor isn't aroused enough to be edged before the vibration stops)

false will allow orgasms, as many as can be had before the vibrations stop, but does not guarantee one.

Defaults to false if not given a value (i.e. allows orgasms).

and there is one more input available 

silent

it is another bool input if true then it wont show the default vibration start/ending messages. defaults to false if not given a value

If you just want to trigger the edge event without the vibration buildup you could use 

zadLibs.EdgeActor(akActor)

As that is what the vibration event calls when it edges the actor.

It will send the DeviceEdgedActor modevent, and play the edged animation/sounds.

But without something watching for the modevent there will be no other effects on the actor.

Thanks, I did use the edge Actor Function in my scene, but it was quite literally a bit Anticlimactic. So this should be much more fun. 

I have a problem and I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it. 

Armbinder, yoke and even gag animations don't work, but only after a certain time. When putting on the devices all the animations work correctly, but after a few seconds/minutes (differs each time) the animations stop working. In all the years I have used DD I have never had this problem. 

I have all the requirements, they are all up to date, FNIS didn't give any errors, Bodyslide didn't have any problems and the animations DO WORK, just not for long. 

This is driving me up the wall. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

36 minutes ago, Windu191 said:

Armbinder, yoke and even gag animations don't work, but only after a certain time. When putting on the devices all the animations work correctly, but after a few seconds/minutes (differs each time) the animations stop working. In all the years I have used DD I have never had this problem. 

I have all the requirements, they are all up to date, FNIS didn't give any errors, Bodyslide didn't have any problems and the animations DO WORK, just not for long. 

This is driving me up the wall. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Sounds like some script lag (broken save?) or compatibility issue with other mod, hard to guess with this little info and i've never seen something like that happen.

23 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Sounds like some script lag (broken save?) or compatibility issue with other mod, hard to guess with this little info and i've never seen something like that happen.

Neither have I, normally the animations either work, or they don't work at all. 

I did notice that the gag problem only and always happens when loading a save, any save where the PC is wearing a gag. 

I'll keep experimenting, trying to find out more.

1 hour ago, Windu191 said:

Do you have slaverun installed?

It is know to break idles like armbinders after a period of time in the current (3.0 beta?) release there is a fix for that here

7 hours ago, willisonnnnnnn said:

can't use any armbinder animation that's in slal, can be played via sexlab test animation, but devious device won't pull it up during normal sex, help please.

DD doesn't register its own animations to SLAL and doesn't directly use any animations registered to SLAL, ever. It's passing animation selection to SexLab only when no actor is bound in a way that makes playing a bound animation needed. Otherwise, DD is using its own registry to make sure only fitting bound animations are played. That you don't see bound animations when nobody is bound is 100% intentional.