11 hours ago, Crota said:

Is it slaverun that's the problem all together? Cause I have no problem uninstalling that.

Slaverun has some issues, I wouldn't say necessarily that they are worth uninstalling over though I myself have stopped using it because of them. But in the case of breaking idles it is just over zealous when it comes to making sure the 'new to the mod' crawling feature was having the player in the correct animation.

You can just install the edited script I linked and not use the crawling feature, then armbinders/yokes/etc. and other idle mods should work properly as long as you don't have anything else that breaks them.

The current release of Slaverun is an early beta for some of the new features, and the author hasn't done anything with it in a long time.

8 hours ago, Tenri said:

Slaverun has some issues, I wouldn't say necessarily that they are worth uninstalling over though I myself have stopped using it because of them. But in the case of breaking idles it is just over zealous when it comes to making sure the 'new to the mod' crawling feature was having the player in the correct animation.

You can just install the edited script I linked and not use the crawling feature, then armbinders/yokes/etc. and other idle mods should work properly as long as you don't have anything else that breaks them.

The current release of Slaverun is an early beta for some of the new features, and the author hasn't done anything with it in a long time.

Yeah the FIx seemed to work for the most part thanks. It's a little janky still when I am walking up hill for instance you can clearly see the loop of the animation, but hey that's still better than before.

Cheers.

hi im having some issues with the player and npc characters being stuck in a kinda t pose position and are gliding around like this when i try to move. i have tried running fins but this does not seem to fix it. on vortex i have had a pop up saying that the version i downloaded is not compatiable with my skse do you know how i can fix this/download a patch for the new skse

9 minutes ago, kabnb said:

hi im having some issues with the player and npc characters being stuck in a kinda t pose position and are gliding around like this when i try to move. i have tried running fins but this does not seem to fix it. on vortex i have had a pop up saying that the version i downloaded is not compatiable with my skse do you know how i can fix this/download a patch for the new skse

Most probable cause is using LE version on SE, or vice versa. So, check that you downloaded the right version for your game.

Hey, 
I have some more questions for all with DD Creation kit experience.  

Under the Effect modifiers in zadlibs, there is one Keyword unexplained, and that is the zad_EffectRemote Keyword.

In a scene that im currently working on, the PC is equipped with a Plug that I made by copying the Blacksolegem Plug and a Belt. A little later still in the Scene, I want a "Demonstration" to happen the Plug should Vibrate. After that, it should shock the PC however when I try it out the instead of Vibrating, it shocks the Actor, and after a time, it shocks her again ill attach the Function bellow, so it makes more sense. I expected the Vibrate Event to not fire in a scene. Is there a way to get around this without taking the PC out of the Scene? 

Function Demonstration(Actor DemOn)
    libs.VibrateEffect(DemOn, 2, 10, teaseOnly = true, silent = false)
    Utility.Wait(10)
    libs.ShockActor(DemOn)
    libs.HealthDrainEffect(DemOn)
EndFunction

PS. If Kimy reads this, the Horny buffs from Cursed Loot always kill my Character, you Devil.  ?

1 hour ago, Prime66 said:

Hey, 
I have some more questions for all with DD Creation kit experience.  

Under the Effect modifiers in zadlibs, there is one Keyword unexplained, and that is the zad_EffectRemote Keyword.

In a scene that im currently working on, the PC is equipped with a Plug that I made by copying the Blacksolegem Plug and a Belt. A little later still in the Scene, I want a "Demonstration" to happen the Plug should Vibrate. After that, it should shock the PC however when I try it out the instead of Vibrating, it shocks the Actor, and after a time, it shocks her again ill attach the Function bellow, so it makes more sense. I expected the Vibrate Event to not fire in a scene. Is there a way to get around this without taking the PC out of the Scene? 

Function Demonstration(Actor DemOn)
    libs.VibrateEffect(DemOn, 2, 10, teaseOnly = true, silent = false)
    Utility.Wait(10)
    libs.ShockActor(DemOn)
    libs.HealthDrainEffect(DemOn)
EndFunction

PS. If Kimy reads this, the Horny buffs from Cursed Loot always kill my Character, you Devil.  ?

You are right that there's a check to see if the actor is in a scene:

bool Function IsValidActor(actor akActor)
	return (akActor.Is3DLoaded() && !akActor.IsDead() && !akActor.IsDisabled() && akActor.GetCurrentScene() == none)
EndFunction

And this is used in the VibrateEffect function to check if it can continue.

That function does a lot of stuff:

- handles DD orgasm

- handles playing idles

- plays the sound

- increases exposure

- handles expressions

I think the best thing for you, if you don't want to take the player out of the scene, is to make your own function that does the parts you want (probably at least sound and arousal increase). It would be easy to make a function which plays the sound for a certain amount of time and increases arousal. For your scene you might not want the horny idles, orgasms, and facial expressions anyway, so it could be better to customize those.

Something like this might be good enough for you:

int function CustomVibrateEffect(int vibstrength, float duration)
	if vibStrength == 5
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateVeryStrongSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 4
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateStrongSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 3
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateStandardSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 2
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateWeakSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 1
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateVeryWeakSound
	else
		return -2
	EndIf

int vsID = vibSoundSelect.Play(playerRef)
	Sound.SetInstanceVolume(vsID, 1)

Utility.Wait(duration)
	Sound.StopInstance(vsID)
	aroused.SetActorExposure(playerRef, 80)

endFunction

1 hour ago, DayTri said:

You are right that there's a check to see if the actor is in a scene:

And this is used in the VibrateEffect function to check if it can continue.

That function does a lot of stuff:

- handles DD orgasm

- handles playing idles

- plays the sound

- increases exposure

- handles expressions

I think the best thing for you, if you don't want to take the player out of the scene, is to make your own function that does the parts you want (probably at least sound and arousal increase). It would be easy to make a function which plays the sound for a certain amount of time and increases arousal. For your scene you might not want the horny idles, orgasms, and facial expressions anyway, so it could be better to customize those.

Something like this might be good enough for you:

int function CustomVibrateEffect(int vibstrength, float duration)
	if vibStrength == 5
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateVeryStrongSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 4
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateStrongSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 3
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateStandardSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 2
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateWeakSound
	elseIf vibStrength == 1
		vibSoundSelect = libs.VibrateVeryWeakSound
	else
		return -2
	EndIf

int vsID = vibSoundSelect.Play(playerRef)
	Sound.SetInstanceVolume(vsID, 1)

Utility.Wait(duration)
	Sound.StopInstance(vsID)
	aroused.SetActorExposure(playerRef, 80)

endFunction

Gah, that once again excludes the Simple way. But I do love the Idea.  Since im going to need it more often and I like the animations im going to add those as well with a toggle option. 
Thanks so much for your help. 

1 hour ago, Prime66 said:

Gah, that once again excludes the Simple way. But I do love the Idea.  Since im going to need it more often and I like the animations im going to add those as well with a toggle option. 
Thanks so much for your help. 

No problem.

I guess it is also possible to extend zadLibs.psc and modify only the condition on that valid actor function as well, and calling the extended function for your scene. But because of all the properties it's probably easier to just recreate the function entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I add the zad_Lockable keyword to worn items from a custom mod, could that cause bugs?

More generally, if I add the zad_Lockable keyword to a worn item, will it cause DDi to run scripts/quests on that item?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently making a patch for dialogue. I want the dialogue to only be spoken if someone is wearing either DDs or certain Non-Devious Devices. Basically, I want there to be comments that are spoken when someone wears either regular DDs or Non-DD items from this mod-

Spoiler

The simplest way to achieve what I intend is to just add the zad_Lockable keywords to all items from the Non-Devious Devices mod by Dreamweaver, but I don't know if that will cause bugs. I don't know if adding the zad_Lockable keyword to a worn item will create bugs if that worn item isn't from the DD family of mods.

3 hours ago, Corsec said:

If I add the zad_Lockable keyword to worn items from a custom mod, could that cause bugs?

More generally, if I add the zad_Lockable keyword to a worn item, will it cause DDi to run scripts/quests on that item?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently making a patch for dialogue. I want the dialogue to only be spoken if someone is wearing either DDs or certain Non-Devious Devices. Basically, I want there to be comments that are spoken when someone wears either regular DDs or Non-DD items from this mod-

Hide contents

The simplest way to achieve what I intend is to just add the zad_Lockable keywords to all items from the Non-Devious Devices mod by Dreamweaver, but I don't know if that will cause bugs. I don't know if adding the zad_Lockable keyword to a worn item will create bugs if that worn item isn't from the DD family of mods.

If you intend to patch both dialogue and item mod it means you can just create new arbitrary keyword (non zad_ prefixed, let's keep it reserved) and then use this keyword as OR check in dialogue. So it fires on both zad_lockable and this new one, whichever actually is there. Using zad_lockable on non-devious devices shouldn't cause bugs, but can lead to unexpected behavior from mods that aren't ready for such things.

For the mod I'm developing I have decided I would like to have special NPC greetings when the player is wearing either dog or pony themed DDs. I'm enabling dialogue conditions by searching for keywords on the equipped items of the player and NPCs. Unfortunately the dog/pony DDs don't seem to have dedicated keywords for pet play.

Would it be safe to patch the inventory items in DD mods to add new keywords? I wouldn't be touching the scripted armors or armor addons, just the armor items that show in the player inventory. The only change is to add a couple of new keywords, nothing else.

Also, if I wanted to make a dialogue use a condition for whatever the players sex skill level is in the Sexlab MCM Diary, does anyone know what alias I'd need to check for? If it's not a quest alias, does anyone know what I'd need to look for?

19 hours ago, DeWired said:

If you intend to patch both dialogue and item mod it means you can just create new arbitrary keyword (non zad_ prefixed, let's keep it reserved) and then use this keyword as OR check in dialogue. So it fires on both zad_lockable and this new one, whichever actually is there. Using zad_lockable on non-devious devices shouldn't cause bugs, but can lead to unexpected behavior from mods that aren't ready for such things.

Thanks for the response. Your idea is a good one and would probably solve the issue.

I was hoping there was a way I could implement the DD/non-DD dialogue conditions with a single keyword, because this would allow me to reduce the number of plugin dependencies. While your suggestion would work, it would also mean that one plugin would depend on the other, which would create hard dependencies and limit compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! This will probably be my last posting in this thread. Devious Devices 5.0 has just been released as a all-in-one installer on a new download page. You can find the new version here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157168-devious-devices-le-50-2020-11-18/

This page will stay open for reference, and in case somebody still needs to old version for whatever reason. Yes, I will keep DD4 available. I will however no longer support DD4.x in any shape or fashion.

See you on the other side and have fun with DD5! :)

• 2 weeks later...

After 3 days of testing to find which mod of my modlist is causing me to ctd after a few minutes of loading, I believe it is this mod causing it. I'm hoping for someone to help me, as this mod is kinda needed for more than half the mods I use here.

I've seen it crash in 3 possible ways, the first is when beginning dialogue with an npc, the second which is the most common and consistent is when I hit esc after it finishes loading the mcm menus. The last way I've seen is it just crashing randomly without hitting esc or starting dialogue. If needed, I can get my Papyrus log, but I do not know how to find it.

13 hours ago, Throwawayaccount321 said:

After 3 days of testing to find which mod of my modlist is causing me to ctd after a few minutes of loading, I believe it is this mod causing it. I'm hoping for someone to help me, as this mod is kinda needed for more than half the mods I use here.

I've seen it crash in 3 possible ways, the first is when beginning dialogue with an npc, the second which is the most common and consistent is when I hit esc after it finishes loading the mcm menus. The last way I've seen is it just crashing randomly without hitting esc or starting dialogue. If needed, I can get my Papyrus log, but I do not know how to find it.

First step would be to make sure that you have indeed gotten all of the requirements installed properly, but really you should update to DD5 and see if the issues remain, and if they are still there ask for help in its tech support forum, as that will be where everyone is at this point.

8 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

First step would be to make sure that you have indeed gotten all of the requirements installed properly, but really you should update to DD5 and see if the issues remain, and if they are still there ask for help in its tech support forum, as that will be where everyone is at this point.

Yes, I have all the requirements installed properly and I have updated to DD5. Where is the tech support forum at?

• 4 weeks later...

how does this mod integrate? I may be oblivious but how do you find/get these devices, because one of the troubleshooting steps is seeing if the devices are invisible, well, i dont even know how to get them in the first place, you can call me stupid but I honestly dont get these convoluted explanations of how to use these mods

11 minutes ago, nebberdick said:

how does this mod integrate? I may be oblivious but how do you find/get these devices, because one of the troubleshooting steps is seeing if the devices are invisible, well, i dont even know how to get them in the first place, you can call me stupid but I honestly dont get these convoluted explanations of how to use these mods

Search for the mod "Additemmenu". you can find it here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64905 

throuh that you can add the items you want to use, by searching for the mod and then adding what you want. 

hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Vario128 said:

hello, i have a problem with straight jackets, hobble skirts and maybe some boots not showing up in bodyslide. And when i equip them in game they make me invinsible obviously.

i also have all the required mods to the latest version so i dont think this is the problem.

thank you

4 hours ago, hamthe3rd said:

Seems that Slaverun Reloaded is looking for an older version of the mod... it doesn't recognize 4.3a. Is there anything I can do to get it to point to DD Integration?

It is less that Slaverun isn't pointing at DDI and more that when they updated Slaverun for DD 4.x they hardcoaded the version check for the version number at the time.
If you are planning to play with Slaverun installed you will want these two files:
Edited Version Check script
Fix for Slaverun forcing camera and resetting Idle animation.