I've noticed an issue with the gags, where they would not periodically apply the facial animation and unequip shouts.

Looks like the issue is in the zadGagEffect script, where the line 18 calls RegisterForSingleUpdate on the wrong thing:

Target.RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)

This causes the OnUpdate() event to be called on the wrong thing, and the OnUpdate() part of the script doesn't get called.

Calling it on the current script, rather than the target, fixes the issue:

RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)

A similar issue applies to line 24, though this doesn't lead to user-visible bugs:

Target.UnregisterForUpdate()

Attached is an interim fix, just until it gets upstreamed.

DD 4.3a gag fix.7z

@simplefries Community has known about the issue for ~3 months, we keep linking the solution every few pages (if you had read back a bit..) ?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/page/458/?tab=comments#comment-2760447

But it's curious you named the file same as i did, i can see the file size is different though. It is just the same to use older version of the script file.

Hey everyone,

I've been having trouble with a few companion mods + Devious Devices that I was hoping someone may have insight into; I haven't managed to find any equivalent problems through searching.  

The companion mods in question (such as Cerwiden), have idle banter, but the banter no longer seems to work while they're wearing devious devices.  Specifically, the problem seems to be around those that cause forced idle animations such wrist restraints; others, such as the non-restraining arm cuffs do not block banter.  

Other companion mods with random comments/banter, though, such as Sofia and Vilja do work (more or less) whether the companion is restrained or not.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any mod that lets a male character ( Player ) play as the master and use the npc (s) and followers be the slaves ?

what good are all these mods if you cant even get an npc to mount or use a device ? not a modder  just looking for answers ,

I play my game as a male Dominant character cause I am , prefer  to ( kill your enemies  and drive their woman before you ) 

kind of guy not to big on being the victim ,   thanks for your time.

I have a problem with Bijins girl mods. He reworks most pretty girls in skyrim. You can select a body (cbbe, unp,...) and I choose the same as I use for all NPCs . Problem is that the bijin body is slightly different to the vanilla bodyslided body  so DDs don't fit anymore. What can I do?

8 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I have a problem with Bijins girl mods. He reworks most pretty girls in skyrim. You can select a body (cbbe, unp,...) and I choose the same as I use for all NPCs . Problem is that the bijin body is slightly different to the vanilla bodyslided body  so DDs don't fit anymore. What can I do?

You can dig into the Bijin folders and find the body, hands and feet meshes, then replace them with the ones you use. I do that for every follower or NPC replacer I install that comes with its own body. You don't need to worry about the textures they use, because those are applied in the esps, not the meshes themselves - although I personally replace all their textures as well.

In Bijin Warmaidens, for example, you'll find their meshes in: meshes\actors\character\Bijin Warmaidens. Either replace them directly or create your own overwriting mod to install over it.

4 hours ago, merManc said:

You can dig into the Bijin folders and find the body, hands and feet meshes, then replace them with the ones you use. I do that for every follower or NPC replacer I install that comes with its own body. You don't need to worry about the textures they use, because those are applied in the esps, not the meshes themselves - although I personally replace all their textures as well.

In Bijin Warmaidens, for example, you'll find their meshes in: meshes\actors\character\Bijin Warmaidens. Either replace them directly or create your own overwriting mod to install over it.

Whre can I find the meshes that I created with bodyslide? Sorry for beeing stupid, I never did this befor.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Whre can I find the meshes that I created with bodyslide? Sorry for beeing stupid, I never did this befor.

The folder containing the standard female meshes is: meshes\actors\character\character assets. When you built them in bodyslide they will have been placed there - either overwriting the originals directly, or in a separate mod that has priority over the originals. That depends on which mod manager (if any) you're using.

You're looking for these:

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

femalefeet_0.nif

femalefeet_1.nif

femalehands_0.nif

femalehands_1.nif

Copy those nif files and paste them into: meshes\actors\character\Bijin Warmaidens for that mod, and for the Bijin Wives and Bijin NPCs folders if you use those as well. You can do the same for any NPC overhauls or followers that use their own bodies, as long as you know where to put the nifs.

So, I haven't gone through all of the 473 pages of this support thread (I have read several pages, though), and I'm at a loss for words as to how I'd search for my issues, so I sincerely apologize if this sort of thing has been brought up already.

First issue is things like when I take my armbinder off, the arms remain in that position indefinitely. This sometimes happens for other devices as well.  On my newest game, I haven't even had any devices put on, yet I walk as if I'm wearing a hobble skirt and yoke.  Some of the other non-restrained NPCs seem to be affected by this issue as well.  I haven't had this newest issue before.  The first issue has always happened for some reason.  I get CTDs frequently as well, but that may just be due to all the animation mods I use, lol.   I use MO, LOOT, FNIS, Papyrus, clean saves, restarting from scratch, etc.  I'm not sure how to get a Papyrus log to attach to this, but I will attach my current load order.  Maybe there are some mods I shouldn't be using?

Thanks in advance for anyone here that can help me out. I'm still figuring the BDSM mods stuff out in terms of what's compatible (it's not always listed on download pages) and the best load orders, etc.

Mod Order.txt

Also, on a side note, is there a reason why I need to wait to add all the DD mods until after Bleack Falls Barrow?  If I have the mods running beforehand, the quest can't be completed, as the enemies don't spawn or move or whatever.  It's not a huge deal, but I figured I'd just ask for curiosity's sake.

Thanks again. The DD mods and other BDSM mods on here are super awesome and really fun and I really appreciate all the great work you've done on this!  ❤️

1 hour ago, GranEnigma said:

I suppose the riskiest one of all of those is Open Cities mod. You have lots of ZAP and DD mods, maybe best thing is just to try with less. If it works add more. Oddly you have 3 different looting mods: Cursed Loot, Enchanted Chests and Devious Looting and i'd feel like that they might conflict.

Was "WhiterunBrothel.esp" the Slaverun Reloaded? It might explain the armbinder bug, but there is also a fix to that in its comment thread. I don't really know more.

I activate all mods in the LAL cell. When first entering let messages pass by, save and load game. Then activate things like SL in MCM menus. DD is one of those mods that does not initialize until you load the game once.

5 hours ago, GranEnigma said:

Also, on a side note, is there a reason why I need to wait to add all the DD mods until after Bleack Falls Barrow?  If I have the mods running beforehand, the quest can't be completed, as the enemies don't spawn or move or whatever.  It's not a huge deal, but I figured I'd just ask for curiosity's sake.

Nooo, something went horrible wrong.

DDi should be initialize in LAL and update after the first save/reload cycle

34 22     WhiterunBrothel.esm

Is that an old t.ara playground for zaz?

If so move it over DDiax in LO, might conflict with changes around Riverwood(?) if IIRC

If it's Huge Rectum's mod, then just ignore my comment.

201 c9     TaraOffsetBondagePack.esp

This might conflict also, depending on the ZAZ version you use.

Also newer DDi versions don't connect to ZAZ anymore and I have no clue what will happen if you add remove devices that once recognized each other

14  e     ZaZAnimationPack.esm

=> if you want the full ZAZ experience + DDaix I recommend to update to ZAZ8+ and move it above DDaix in LO,

also remove WhiterunB (if from ZAZ) and TOBP (might help) and check if it helps with your DD loading issue and stuck devious animations.

217 d9     ImmerSlave-DeviceCut.esp

totally totally out of date, don't ya dare to use this with newer DDi versions, especially because DDi already has this feature included.

This alone might give you issues with DD animations or DD registration in LAL.

...            Deviously Cursed Loot ...

218 da     dD Enchanted Chests.esp

Works together, but I recommend to deactivate the DCL estrus feature in this combination.

Also you will be triggering traps without end and not sure if it leaves time to handle your PAHE slaves ^^

Hey,

I recently tried to use plugs that are provided by DD, but after playing for 20 min straight the plug which is supposed to cause random effects has caused none and it is like playing without the plug at all. any way to activate the plug? when I put it on I got the usual DD menu so that shouldn't be broken and I can see it on my character

All other DD equip and play the correct animation, so i'm not sure what's missing

41 minutes ago, lopez123456 said:

Hey,

I recently tried to use plugs that are provided by DD, but after playing for 20 min straight the plug which is supposed to cause random effects has caused none and it is like playing without the plug at all. any way to activate the plug? when I put it on I got the usual DD menu so that shouldn't be broken and I can see it on my character

All other DD equip and play the correct animation, so i'm not sure what's missing

usually if you cast magic it will activate (or) and if your character is aroused enough 

23 minutes ago, darktej said:

usually if you cast magic it will activate (or) and if your character is aroused enough 

Thanks mate, casting magic activates them

I have also found the that in the DD MCM menu, i can configure chances of an event occuring with the plugs, though im not sure how arousal affects this

1 hour ago, lopez123456 said:

Thanks mate, casting magic activates them

I have also found the that in the DD MCM menu, i can configure chances of an event occuring with the plugs, though im not sure how arousal affects this

good to hear. forgot to mention the mcm. regarding arousal..I am not sure ..but as far as my experience goes ...arousal and time play a factor as well along with the chance set in the mcm. but easiest way to surely activate it is by casting magic or shouting. people here have more knwledge regarding the details..hopefully they can clear up any doubts you may have and make it easier for me to understand :D

@Kimy (sorry, if i am pinging the wrong person) Is there a plan on updating/polishing the mod a bit?

How about finally getting rid of the horrid PlaceAtMe() methods for getting render/inventory device info when needed?

And when i say "horrid" i dont want to be mean - it used to be maybe the only solution to a problem, but we do have other options for quite some time now.

I got rid of it in my private refactor of DD/DCL, replacing it with data stored in JContainers, and it is really really nice (you can generate the JSON file with a simple script from within the game, so there are no tedious tasks involved).
If you do not want to add a new dependency (JContainers), maybe you can use the JsonUtil in PapyrusUtil (required by SexLab anyway).
It should be much better than the current PlaceAtMe() methods, or the 1000 legged if/else condition caterpillars in other places.

Having a quick glance at the JsonUtil just now, it looks a bit too clunky and inconvenient for this particular purpose - the JFormMap in JC, which equivalent JsonUtil saddly seem to be missing(?), is what makes using JSON as storage for this kind of data incredibly convenient.
So, unless i am mistaken and JsonUtil can provide similarly simple and straightforward means to map data to forms and retrieving that data by form, i recommend using JContainers, even if it means adding a new requirement - it is used by other mods here on LL anyway, even mods thematically close to DD - like Slave Tats for example - so many ppl are probably familiar with JC and using it already).

It is a simple change, easy to test, and significant improvement (big impact for how simple of a change it is).
Think about it.

Been having trouble getting the bound sex animations to play, tried using Sexlab Tools while in an armbinder but it just played the normal animations.

After poking around a bit I see none of the animations even get registered in Sexlab. I'm running a fresh install with almost nothing but this, SOS, Sexlab Tools and their requirements. Anyone have some idea what going on with this?

Hello I don't know if this has been discussed yet. I noticed sometimes the plugs on NPCs don't trigger vibrate event. After messing with source scripts (nice scripts btw not hard to read) for a while I found out that the NPCs have to have at least one lockable devices on her to get her registered in one of the slots. If anyone has been wondering why plugs don't work on NPC I think this is the cause. Try lock a collar or piercing on the NPC and it will work.