13 hours ago, AbnormalSOB said:

well I finally got it to work for me, the Fomod Installer in Mod Organizer v2.13 does not work with DDI.

Here is what I did:

1. go to settings

2. go to plugins

3. go to Fomod Installer

4. click prefer, then double click the part where it says true, and change it to false

5. reinstall DDI

6. Re-run FNIS

hoped it worked for you like it did for me.

Just want to say this worked for me.

4 hours ago, Erick Pineapple said:

Hi

All Hobble dresses and straitjackets make my character's torso/legs invisible

I have installed all the required mods for it to work

Any help?

Thanks

Just in case, as well as installing BodySlide, did you also run it and build the device meshes? Missing that step, or something going wrong during it, is the most common reason for invisible devices, and the devices you mention replace the body mesh of the character so if they're invisible so is the body.

There's a tutorial here in case you need it.

DisablePlayerControls is unusable with DD 4.0 undercertain conditions, I have spend a long time working out the work a rounds for these things you can’t disable. 

I figured I share here if it helps anyone.

For Movement = game.setplayeraidriven(true) will stop player moving,

game.setplayeraidriven(False) to reenable, 

Fighting =

An Update loop calling 

Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(Game.GetPlayer().GetEquippedWeapon(),false,true)    Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(Game.GetPlayer().GetEquippedWeapon(true),false,true)
Game.GetPlayer().UnequipSpell(Game.GetPlayer(). GetEquippedSpell(),0),0)
Game.GetPlayer().UnequipSpell(Game.GetPlayer(). GetEquippedSpell(),1),1)
Game.GetPlayer().UnequipSpell(Game.GetPlayer(). GetEquippedSpell(),2),2)
) (this will allow player to enter combat but only with bare hands)
(if used with game.setplayeraidriven(true) the player can still spin around by drawing weapon)
OR 
You could make an armbinder and ankle chains DDs with no model to do this.
(This is the cleanest looking way but you may not want the player to have hands around there back and you can’t do other things)
OR
Update loop with 
PlayerRef.IsWeaponDrawn() 
PlayerRef.SheatheWeapon()
(This will force player out of combat state if used with game.setplayeraidriven(true) the player can still spin around by drawing weapon)

abSneaking = Use of an update loop w/ Game.GetPlayer().Issneaking() then Game.GetPlayer().StartSneaking() will move them out of sneak.

abMenu = No idea atm ><

abActivate = Unknown the solution will depend on situation…. You can call BlockActivation() or Lock() on some Objectrefences.

Blocking activation in furniture (

An update loop on the furniture that has this 

if (Game.GetPlayer().GetSitState()== 0)
Activate(Game.GetPlayer())
Endif

RegisterforSingleUpdate(1.0)

(The other functions of disablecontrols are not effected as far as I know)

27 minutes ago, clonetrooperhevy said:

Hello,

i hope this is the support thread.

My game crashes all the time while initializing mods, the papyrus log looks like DD might be the problem.

Can someone look over my papyrus script to confirm?

Thanks guys!

Papyrus.1.log

Nothing in your log from Devious Devices Integration at all.

Looks more like the log from a startup where there are mods that are supposed to be installed (required by other mods) that are not present.

Run TES5EDIT and let it load your whole load order of mods.  It will tell you if there are missing mods.

13 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Nothing in your log from Devious Devices Integration at all.

Looks more like the log from a startup where there are mods that are supposed to be installed (required by other mods) that are not present.

Run TES5EDIT and let it load your whole load order of mods.  It will tell you if there are missing mods.

Im not missing any mods per se, according to it. But checking the DDi for errors tells me, that some scripts seem to be faulty.

Is that problematic?

DDiError.txt

2 hours ago, clonetrooperhevy said:

Im not missing any mods per se, according to it. But checking the DDi for errors tells me, that some scripts seem to be faulty.

Is that problematic?

DDiError.txt

Those errors from DDi only say someone removed a lot of items from a script but failed to open the "Properties" for that script and let the CK remove them or at least failed to press the "OK" button to save the changes to the properties. 

Bottom line though, ignoring the clutter they add to the logs is that they are harmless.

-----

That said you have a fundamental problem of some sort in your game if it is crashing as early in the load cycle as your papyrus log showed.

Usually that is a missing ESM or ESP that is required by another mod.  If you were running Skyrim SE I'd say it was a a failure to convert a NIF file to the new requirements of SE.

10 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Those errors from DDi only say someone removed a lot of items from a script but failed to open the "Properties" for that script and let the CK remove them or at least failed to press the "OK" button to save the changes to the properties. 

Bottom line though, ignoring the clutter they add to the logs is that they are harmless.

-----

That said you have a fundamental problem of some sort in your game if it is crashing as early in the load cycle as your papyrus log showed.

Usually that is a missing ESM or ESP that is required by another mod.  If you were running Skyrim SE I'd say it was a a failure to convert a NIF file to the new requirements of SE.

Its working now, kinda. Should i be able to configure DD in the MCM? Cause i cant see anything right now. Items i want to spawn wont work, but maybe i just used something thats not supposed to work as well.

39 minutes ago, clonetrooperhevy said:

Its working now, kinda. Should i be able to configure DD in the MCM? Cause i cant see anything right now. Items i want to spawn wont work, but maybe i just used something thats not supposed to work as well.

You should be able to see a "Devious Devices" MCM with several pages of things that you can adjust in it. If that does not show up then something clearly is not working right.

Did you install Sexlab? And not just in your mod manager, but also in game (go to Sexlab MCM and click on "install")? Once that is done, save, exit and restart your game for DD to trigger its own setup routine.

Also, almost all items from the two DD modules Integration and Expansion are meant to restrain you. There are a very small number of boots and harnesses that are only cosmetic, but all the other items will lock onto your player char and require a key or struggling to remove.

2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

You should be able to see a "Devious Devices" MCM with several pages of things that you can adjust in it. If that does not show up then something clearly is not working right.

Did you install Sexlab? And not just in your mod manager, but also in game (go to Sexlab MCM and click on "install")? Once that is done, save, exit and restart your game for DD to trigger its own setup routine.

Also, almost all items from the two DD modules Integration and Expansion are meant to restrain you. There are a very small number of boots and harnesses that are only cosmetic, but all the other items will lock onto your player char and require a key or struggling to remove.

I Might as well be the biggest retard right now. :D

I used SE and downloaded this version.. im sorry mates.

But even when on the SE version my MCM is not showing anything. I dont really get it. Anyplace to just ask MCM to rescan for mods?

EDIT:

well.. being an IT person does not save you from doing user errors. I just started a new game. Solved it. Thanks for the help anyways!

Would you guys advice playing the normal skyrim opposed to the SE Version? Just from the SL/DD Mods and Submods etc.

2 hours ago, clonetrooperhevy said:

But even when on the SE version my MCM is not showing anything. I dont really get it. Anyplace to just ask MCM to rescan for mods?

EDIT:

well.. being an IT person does not save you from doing user errors. I just started a new game. Solved it. Thanks for the help anyways!

Would you guys advice playing the normal skyrim opposed to the SE Version? Just from the SL/DD Mods and Submods etc.

If SE is supporting the mods you want use it.  If it is not supporting all the mods you want then either work toward getting them or use the LE version.

Take everything below with a grain of salt, because it's just my opinion and I might not undertand why the things as they are, but there you go.

Spoiler

hmm, i can access the inventory when hands are tied now? that's... a little wierd to me. Coz before that was kinda the point of it you know, being restrained. Now I can fastravel and shit. That would be pretty funny thing if you manipulate lock on the gag, but then get tied... and you stuck. But now I can just remove it even if hands are tied, for some reason.

(how about make it as an option in MCM to bring back old menu, or rather the NEW one to pop when trying to access the inventory)

Also I did liked old gagtalk options, when npc's could equip colar\blindfold or do the thingy to armbinder\yoke that you cannot free yourself on your own. But yeah, I must say minigame was tidious. I like the new one.. it's just that there is no outcome.

(how about make something like cursed loot's gagtalk)

And I don't like the high chance of key break, i'd rather have lower chance of finding it and high chance of jammed lock WHEN it breaks.

(again, how about the option to adjust numbers in MCM menu as you like)

Just in general, make more options in MCM menu and lock them when restrained, like cursed loot does.

4 hours ago, clonetrooperhevy said:

EDIT:

It will take some time until the SE version will have the same optical charm as it has in oldrim. And getting it going is a lot of 'experimental' work. But for an IT Person it might also be a challenge. Do you like challenges? 

16 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

hmm, i can access the inventory when hands are tied now? that's... a little wierd to me. Coz before that was kinda the point of it you know, being restrained. Now I can fastravel and shit. That would be pretty funny thing if you manipulate lock on the gag, but then get tied... and you stuck. But now I can just remove it even if hands are tied, for some reason.

(how about make it as an option in MCM to bring back old menu, or rather the NEW one to pop when trying to access the inventory)

While you can look in your inventory, you can't equip armor or remove devices without first removing the one restraining your hands.

17 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Also I did liked old gagtalk options, when npc's could equip colar\blindfold or do the thingy to armbinder\yoke that you cannot free yourself on your own. But yeah, I must say minigame was tidious. I like the new one.. it's just that there is no outcome.

(how about make something like cursed loot's gagtalk)

You can still just enable the one from cursed loot then.

18 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

And I don't like the high chance of key break, i'd rather have lower chance of finding it and high chance of jammed lock WHEN it breaks.

(again, how about the option to adjust numbers in MCM menu as you like)

Are these comments for 4.0 or 4.1? This in in the 4.1 menu:

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.524b862ace3f0f82eb52c334d1bf609b.JPG

The reason you can't choose numbers directly is because every device has different numbers.

How does one remove devices from NPCs?

In scenario like this - using DCL there is an option to bind NPCs and if you give the DDs, you can't remove them anymore... followers are not a problem since their inventory can be accessed, but what about regulars? Or do I need to level up pick pocketing enough to be able to steal equipped items?

Would be nice to have 'bound dialog' for NPCs and offer to unlock them, or pick their restraint locks, or cut their restraints.

41 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

While you can look in your inventory, you can't equip armor or remove devices without first removing the one restraining your hands.

you missing the point, i can still fast travel, drop items from inventory do pretty much everything else except, yeah, equipping armor or removing dd's (i can still remove ones with manipulated locks tho.)

I know I can just disable fast travel with any other mod but as I said.. the point of restraints is to be restrained, meaning not be able to do what you normaly can do. And it makes freeing tied hands a priority.

You can still just enable the one from cursed loot then.

yes, but as i said there was some actions npcs did that I liked but DCL does not have. Actualy... I realised that it would be better to just expand DCL's dialogue.

Are these comments for 4.0 or 4.1? This in in the 4.1 menu

...what? how did I missed that? I only see 3.3b and 4.0 in download tab

16 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

you missing the point, i can still fast travel, drop items from inventory do pretty much everything else except, yeah, equipping armor or removing dd's (i can still remove ones with manipulated locks tho.)

I know I can just disable fast travel with any other mod but as I said.. the point of restraints is to be restrained, meaning not be able to do what you normaly can do. And it makes freeing tied hands a priority.

I don't think being restrained ever disabled fast travel in previous versions, that was always something specified by the individual mods AFAIK.  Similarly, you could still manipulate your inventory with the older versions as well, it just required a convenient barrel to be nearby.  Of course mods can (and do) block fast travel if they want it to be blocked, it just isn't hardcoded into any particular item in the actual framework.

There is a development thread for DD were you can see more info on 4.1, which adds a bunch of new items and more MCM settings like what Lazyboot linked.  The github link is on the download page for this mod as well.

Edit: Double ninja'd

7 hours ago, Yukitemi said:
8 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I don't think being restrained ever disabled fast travel in previous versions

it didn't, but it was not possible simply because you couldn't open the map

A few more thoughts about that. You can still limit your fast travel abilities by using another mod (I know for sure that Cursed Loot offers this option for when you are restrained), so if you think fast travel is cheating, then use this. But the main reason for why I like the new, somewhat less strict gameplay restrictions by wrist restraints, is because it ties in so well with DD's bound combat system. Thanks to which, getting out of your armbinder is no longer the number 1 priority. Even my usual low level char can survive a couple of wolves and skeever and if i'm lucky even a smaller spider that I might encounter on the road. To make that work though, I *need* to have access to my food and potions, or my char would soon die of injury or starvation.

10 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I know for sure that Cursed Loot offers this option for when you are restrained

Problem with this that if you wear a tinny little thing like piersing it still disables fast travel, wich doesnt make sense.

10 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I *need* to have access to my food and potions

Although I disagree with this(because there's begging thingy when you talk to npc), I get it, it's your preference. That's why I propose to make alternative options for player to decide.