[Tutorial] Building DD items in BodySlide NMM/MO

• 3 weeks later...

THX bro!..Your post really helped a lot.My devices are visible now.tongue.png

btw,do you know this problem that it shows "programme error:please initialize at least one of zadkeywords/zbfkeywords" whenever I load my saves or start a new game?

I installed assets,expansion,intergration,loot,restrained,regulations,helpless,captures,captured dream,deviant life.sad.png

I donno whitch mod goes in error.sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

Devious Devices have moved to support BodySlide sliders. This has been causing some confusion among some players, who are not familiar with how BodySlide works. I will cover basics of this process in this tutorial.

This tutorial presumes that you understand basics of using mod managers and is made for both Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO.)

i'm still having issues, half of the items dont show.  Also, I don't get files in the overwrite folder after batch is done. And in the preview window of the bodyslide, the body is not drawn properly. It has a grey outline and "no image" written all over it (the shape of the body looks fine though). I am also not sure which options to select for the proper batch. Here are my choices:

Outfit/Body: CBBE Body HDT (since I use CBBE and HDT physics extension)

Preset: CBBE Curvy? (because that was the default I used. But after that I modified it a bit, mostly breasts. So breasts under clothes and without them are very different, but that doesnt bother me much)

Build Morphs: tried both choices, but I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Output settings

1: CBBE Body HDT (because I installed curvy body, not vanilla, not nevernude or having underwear. Whats bbp tbbp though?)

2: CBBE feet

3-5: (HDT) choice

Any ideas?

Devious Devices have moved to support BodySlide sliders. This has been causing some confusion among some players, who are not familiar with how BodySlide works. I will cover basics of this process in this tutorial.

This tutorial presumes that you understand basics of using mod managers and is made for both Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO.)

i'm still having issues, half of the items dont show.  Also, I don't get files in the overwrite folder after batch is done. And in the preview window of the bodyslide, the body is not drawn properly. It has a grey outline and "no image" written all over it (the shape of the body looks fine though). I am also not sure which options to select for the proper batch. Here are my choices:

Any ideas?

Try holding ALT while clicking the batch-build button, then selecting the MO overwrite folder (or your previously created bodyslide output "mod" if you already have one)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I followed your guide but when i upload a save where i have bra padded equipped, than equip start with weight correct breast.. but in secons change weight to small. I dont know how to correct that. Im searching guides but i having difficulties.

I followed your guide but when i upload a save where i have bra padded equipped, than equip start with weight correct breast.. but in secons change weight to small. I dont know how to correct that. Im searching guides but i having difficulties.

Have you checked if the breast node management option in the DD menu?

• 4 weeks later...

when I try the batch build it just says "The following sets failed" followed by pretty much every set. I tried just doing it again but nothing changed. What am I doing wrong? Also im using nmm if that's at all relevant

Is your bodyslide up to date?

when I try the batch build it just says "The following sets failed" followed by pretty much every set. I tried just doing it again but nothing changed. What am I doing wrong? Also im using nmm if that's at all relevant

Is your bodyslide up to date?

yup. right now im just using nmm to uninstall and reinstall everything, maybe that'll do something?

I'm not sure how or why, if it's a setting in MO or Bodyslide, and i also don't want to change it because i really consider this quite useful, but:

Does anybody know why when i press crtl+batch build, it opens the explorer and i'm asked in wich folder i want to build instead of putting it in the overwrite folder? If i knew how i did that i could recommend to do it. ;)

I'm not sure how or why, if it's a setting in MO or Bodyslide, and i also don't want to change it because i really consider this quite useful, but:

Does anybody know why when i press crtl+batch build, it opens the explorer and i'm asked in wich folder i want to build instead of putting it in the overwrite folder? If i knew how i did that i could recommend to do it. wink.png

If you look at the tooltip for the batch build button, it does say that holding ctrl will build to a custom folder. And that's why it's asking you for a folder.

I normally use that to put it in my "BodySlide output" mod directly.

Does anybody know why when i press crtl+batch build, it opens the explorer and i'm asked in wich folder i want to build instead of putting it in the overwrite folder? If i knew how i did that i could recommend to do it. wink.png

If you look at the tooltip for the batch build button, it does say that holding ctrl will build to a custom folder. And that's why it's asking you for a folder.

I normally use that to put it in my "BodySlide output" mod directly.

Ah, i'm stupid. It always did it because once i've read you need to do it with MO. Usually i go to MO->mods, create new folder and name it "DD batch" or something similar. I often have bigger collection of clothes, so it's worth it to make 2-4 of those folders instead just one in case i don't want one of those collections anymore. Especially because when i installed Skyrim, i used a partition with 100GB and now with mods i often hit the limit. ;)

Anyways, thanks for pointing that out. Imho worth mentioning in the guide as well. 

Hi, following Problem:

FoA, Mods/Stats:

-CBBE 

-HDT (+B&B physics +HighHeels)

-XP 32 Max Skeleton Extended

-Bodyslide 2

Whenever i Run Bodyslide I do the Steps like this:

1.Select Bodytype (CBBE Body HDT)

2. Select Preset (CBBE Curvy)

3. check build morphs

4. batch build

5. all items show up, all are checked, press build

6. Choose CBBE BOdy HDT (cause its the selected bodytype??)

7. Select all the HDT options

8.OK

9. it says everything is completed

10. in game (clean save game, male nord, transformed to female via racemenu), no items show up, and they make the caracter partial invisible (like if it didnt work)

What am I doing wrong? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was a big help and finally allowed me to see the devices rather than my character becoming half invisible so thanks for that 

unfortunately im now having an issue where certain items like armbinders and yokes aren't working properly (the arms don't link into the devices like they should) 

i've run fnis and updated it (in the fnis executable) and it says there's one warning 

any advice on how to proceed

This was a big help and finally allowed me to see the devices rather than my character becoming half invisible so thanks for that 

unfortunately im now having an issue where certain items like armbinders and yokes aren't working properly (the arms don't link into the devices like they should) 

i've run fnis and updated it (in the fnis executable) and it says there's one warning 

Are you trying on the player or on NPCs?

If on npcs have you increased the "number of slotted npcs" setting in devious devices?

If on player you'll need to provide more info, like for example the warning you got from fnis.

A warning in fnis can in some cases be just as bad as an error. At least in terms of things not working in game.

Are you trying on the player or on NPCs?

If on npcs have you increased the "number of slotted npcs" setting in devious devices?

If on player you'll need to provide more info, like for example the warning you got from fnis.

A warning in fnis can in some cases be just as bad as an error. At least in terms of things not working in game.

ok so the fnis issue i believe is resolved after i just updated it and turned the skeleton arm patch on (its possible i misclicked and accidentally turned it off during the previous updates hence the warning) 

ive been focusing on trying to get it to work on my character before messing around with npc's, my only remaining issue is that sometimes theres a small bit of overlap/irregularity with the devices and the character, sometimes there arm goes through the body of there are small parts of the body going see through 

is there any advice you have?

ive been focusing on trying to get it to work on my character before messing around with npc's, my only remaining issue is that sometimes theres a small bit of overlap/irregularity with the devices and the character, sometimes there arm goes through the body of there are small parts of the body going see through 

is there any advice you have?

Most issues like that comes from not using the same pre-set for building the items that was used to build the body.