On 4/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, SleepyJim said:

That particular harness is from the zaz animation pack, not devious devices - although it does use the devious devices meshes and textures. If it's invisible it's likely that the actual devious harnesses will be as well, and probably this is down to one of two common reasons:

If the harness is invisible when you're wearing a main piece of armour or clothing it could be because the devious device hider is hiding it as it's designed to do. You can adjust which slots are hidden by main armour/clothing pieces in the Devices Underneath section of the devious devices mcm. (The device hider only applies to the player character, so if your problem is on npcs this won't be the answer.)

If the harness is invisible even when you're otherwise naked it's probably because you haven't successfully built its meshes in bodyslide, which is a requirement for most of the devices. If you haven't built their meshes, they won't exist.

Why should I build it in Bodyslide...I am not a modder, it should be done already...I am using on a default Bandit. And there is not instructions on how to do it ANYWHERE that I can find.

2 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Why should I build it in Bodyslide...I am not a modder, it should be done already...I am using on a default Bandit. And there is not instructions on how to do it ANYWHERE....

Really? https://www.google.com/search?q=skyrim+DD+bodyslide

Seems like it's quite easy to find instructions to me.

EDIT: Also, the reason they are not included pre-built, is that for a lot of people they wouldn't fit properly. Either too big, or clipping into the body.

15 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Why should I build it in Bodyslide...I am not a modder, it should be done already...I am using on a default Bandit. And there is not instructions on how to do it ANYWHERE....

In this thread on April 7 (p. 387) I wrote a bare minimum guide to using bodyslide. The one immediately after that by Veladrius contains a link with excellent instructions on a minimal use of bodyslide (both without all the bells and whistles). In short, not only are the instructions readily available, they are readily available ON THIS THREAD if you take the time to look (or, as I often do, use the search engine at the top of the screen. Type in one word like "bodyslide" click "this thread", not "all content", and then click search. By the way, that's how I found the references I just gave you).

Remember rule #1 for this site (and see below if you don't know it - it is on the bottom left of every page in blue).

My apologies to the Moderators if this seemed harsh. :classic_angry:

1 hour ago, Amberyl said:

Why should I build it in Bodyslide...I am not a modder, it should be done already...I am using on a default Bandit. And there is not instructions on how to do it ANYWHERE that I can find.

If the author of the mod likes girls with Hindenburg sized tits and asses you could park a greyhound bus in you'd accept a "pre-built" set of gear that would make your character look like a child playing inside a jungle gym?  Oh, wait the author of the DDX mod likes stick figure girls so wearing any of that as "prebuilt" means small pieces of the gear occasionally peek through the skin.

Actually the way the game works your character would be reshaped (mostly, never perfectly) to those shapes depending on what gear you wore but the descriptions were funny so I went with them.

There is such a great variety of body shapes available to play the game with that it just makes sense to have a way to make the gear fit the body you like instead of reshaping the body to the shape the author of the gear preferred or insisting the author create separate sets of gear for every different body shape (as if you could demand an author create something for you anyway).

Bodyslide is intimidating to look at but unless you want to build your own custom body shape there are only a few simple steps required to use it and having the gear properly fit your choice of body shape makes it worth the effort.  Like most people, once you get started you'll be wondering why you thought it was such a problem.

5 minutes ago, iN7xus said:

How I get it to work on Skyrim Special Edition?

Because on the main site it say its Special Edition compatible and on the download site it say its dont.

Where do you see that it's compatible? I only see that it isn't.

6 minutes ago, iN7xus said:

On the bottom of the main post.

A wise man said (about 17 hours ago if I read the post right):

The "Special Edition Compatible" text from the info box on a mod-page, if the mod-author has not chosen an answer, seems to be causing confusion, making it look like mods where no answer has been given is compatible.

Capture.JPG.1d36399dcfabb233fc6475b720e9812d.JPG

This one for example, could easily look like it's confirming that it is compatible.

Unlike this one

Capture2.JPG.47874118e6d47a309850e3f819b4b528.JPG

So would it not be better to hide it if it has not answer, or have "no" (or a new option "not tested") as the default?

What you think is a statement that this mod is SE compatible is actually a box that the mod author should check as yes or no (that is what the quote I alluded to is about and, with all irony intended, it comes from LazyBoot on a different thread.

Sorry about being "nasty" with the modders...I understand the problem.. I have taken all of your advice and have been experimenting...so I will keep trying...would love for my bandit slaves to be able to wear the harness and other items....

Will take more advice, if anyone has any...

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

A wise man said (about 17 hours ago if I read the post right):

The "Special Edition Compatible" text from the info box on a mod-page, if the mod-author has not chosen an answer, seems to be causing confusion, making it look like mods where no answer has been given is compatible.

Capture.JPG.1d36399dcfabb233fc6475b720e9812d.JPG

This one for example, could easily look like it's confirming that it is compatible.

Unlike this one

Capture2.JPG.47874118e6d47a309850e3f819b4b528.JPG

So would it not be better to hide it if it has not answer, or have "no" (or a new option "not tested") as the default?

What you think is a statement that this mod is SE compatible is actually a box that the mod author should check as yes or no (that is what the quote I alluded to is about and, with all irony intended, it comes from LazyBoot on a different thread.

Ok sorry and thanks, i hope anyone convert it for SE...

18 minutes ago, iN7xus said:

Ok sorry and thanks, i hope anyone convert it for SE...

There are still some DD dependencies that do not run in SE yet. I will look into it as soon as these are available.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, LazyBoot said:

Really? https://www.google.com/search?q=skyrim+DD+bodyslide

Seems like it's quite easy to find instructions to me.

EDIT: Also, the reason they are not included pre-built, is that for a lot of people they wouldn't fit properly. Either too big, or clipping into the body.

I did what LazyBoot said...and on my character only I can wear a harness, but top strap is not complete (upper breast area), and tried it on Lydia, which her body did not change to the new UUNP (HDT) so it was all messed up. What is wrong?

I did what LazyBoot said...and on my character only I can wear a harness, but top strap is not complete (upper breast area), and tried it on Lydia, which her body did not change to the new UUNP (HDT) so it was all messed up. What is wrong?

Do you have a Lydia replacer mod like Bjiin?  If that mod replaces Lydia's body, then that body shape will probably be different than your character's body (this is the reason Bodyslide is required in the first place, otherwise most people's DD would look like Lydia's).  You can fix this by replacing Lydia's body files with your character's files, or try putting the items on a character that doesn't have a unique body.

I don't really know what you mean by the harness strap thing tho.

6 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Go back to April 10 on this thread. Find the post from Veladrius (picture looks like a skull). Click on his beginner's guide to using bodyslide and follow his directions. Veladrius is a veteran modder (Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Mod, among others). He has also been an excellent teacher (as you can see if you go to the threads of one of his mods). Do exactly what he tells you (don't hurry, no short cuts). This will get the Devious Devices Bodyslide files working correctly.

1 minute ago, Reesewow said:

Do you have a Lydia replacer mod like Bjiin?  If that mod replaces Lydia's body, then that body shape will probably be different than your character's body (this is the reason Bodyslide is required in the first place, otherwise most people's DD would look like Lydia's).  You can fix this by replacing Lydia's body files with your character's files, or try putting the items on a character that doesn't have a unique body.

I don't really know what you mean by the harness strap thing tho.

No I have just the normal game Lydia, no replacements.  So if I want to replace Lydia, hell, all the females in the game (bandits, vampries, orcs, etc.) to UUNP or UNP, I have to copy my PC files on them???!!!!!

No I have just the normal game Lydia, no replacements.  So if I want to replace Lydia, hell, all the females in the game (bandits, vampries, orcs, etc.) to UUNP or UNP, I have to copy my PC files on them???!!!!!

Calm down. Reesewow is only trying to help and your attitude is not helping. Take a deep breath and see Veladrius' post.

14 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Is your player character a unique race with a unique body shape?

7 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Yes, she is UUNP right now...

Then actually the answer is yes, you will want regular NPCs and your character to have the same body shape so they can share gear and it all fits.  This isn't just a Devious Devices issue, if you try to use things like the excellent Bikini mods down the road you will have the same issue if your player is shaped differently from other npcs/followers.

34 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Calm down. Reesewow is only trying to help and your attitude is not helping. Take a deep breath and see Veladrius' post.

Okay read and followed Veladrius' beginners guide...followed his example with CBBE, now I have no DD items in the outfits...only bodies...all types....

HELP!!!!!.. :smile:

10 minutes ago, Amberyl said:

Okay read and followed Veladrius' beginners guide...followed his example with CBBE, now I have no DD items in the outfits...only bodies...all types....

HELP!!!!!.. :smile:

If you are using UUNP as your body - then do the same thing but with UUNP.  You don't want to mix the body types.