8 hours ago, Rattlesnark said:

Essentially, I'm facing the same problem as some others might have before in the thread:
If my follower gets knocked down first, followed by myself, upon the very start of the sexual assault sequence on me, my follower will get right back up

Yes, I also have this problem with the original Defeat 5.3.5.

The good news is that I beta tested Bane Master’s new version, and it fixed this problem in my testing.

4 hours ago, spyke123 said:

Since you post this in the LE thread, does that mean this version work on the LE version too ?

@Bane Master could better answer this, but I think it's a qualified yes.  Unless this version uses any of the handful of SE-exclusive script functions, it should work for LE except for the animations.  Fortunately, this version doesn't add or remove animations, so one could install it, then overwrite the Meshes folder with the one from the original LE 5.3.5.

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

@Bane Master could better answer this, but I think it's a qualified yes.  Unless this version uses any of the handful of SE-exclusive script functions, it should work for LE except for the animations.  Fortunately, this version doesn't add or remove animations, so one could install it, then overwrite the Meshes folder with the one from the original LE 5.3.5.

HexBolt8 is correct it should work in LE as described. When I get a moment I will add a specific LE version to the post to avoid confusion.

Edited by Bane Master
19 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Hi All,

Here is an updated version of Defeat based on the original Defeat 5.3.5

This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features, therefore I am calling this version Defeat 5.3.6.

Defeat 5.3.6 is standalone, it does not require Defeat 5.3.5

This sounds amazing, thank you! Most of all for that follower knock-down fix.

I'm currently using Baka's Defeat. Out of curiosity, what would it take to get that particular fix (if not all the fixes) working on Baka's version of the mod? Would it take both you and Baka's efforts, or could the end user import the fixes over too?

I'd very much like to get the knock-down fix on my game (with Baka's) if at all doable!

7 hours ago, Rattlesnark said:

This sounds amazing, thank you! Most of all for that follower knock-down fix.

I'm currently using Baka's Defeat. Out of curiosity, what would it take to get that particular fix (if not all the fixes) working on Baka's version of the mod? Would it take both you and Baka's efforts, or could the end user import the fixes over too?

I'd very much like to get the knock-down fix on my game (with Baka's) if at all doable!

Assuming you are using Baka LE/SE V1.31 then it should be possible but obviously I can't publish anything without Baka's permission.

Edited by Bane Master
On 11/24/2021 at 3:59 AM, Bane Master said:

Hi All,

Here is an updated version of Defeat based on the original Defeat 5.3.5

This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features, therefore I am calling this version Defeat 5.3.6.

Defeat 5.3.6 is standalone, it does not require Defeat 5.3.5

ChangeLog Defeat V5.3.6 Bane 24112021

• Fixed the follower down first re-agro bug
  • Fixed compilation errors in some dialogue script fragments and populated a number of empty script properties
  • Fixed the Surrender key getting unbound issue
  • Fixed MCM Knockdown duration setting not working for followers
  • Fixed Defeat's Essential Player function failing when in None Locations
  • Tidied up some dialogue grammar - mostly in DefeatPlayerQST and regenerated SEQ File

The motivation for doing this was to provide a more stable platform for AndrewLRG's excellent Dynamic Defeat patch. I'm happy to say that he has been kind enough to provide an updated version of his patch that fowards the fixes I have added in Defeat 5.3.6 and provides some additional Dynamic Defeat bugfixes and content.

Changelog Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch V1.4 (for Defeat Version 5.3.6) by  AndrewLRG

• Fixed an issue when Dynamic Defeat was not working with creatures;
  • Fixed a small bug that could cause Devious Suit not be re-equipped;
  • Added a "creature toggle" option to disable/enable some Post-Assault events when defeated by creatures; (thanks to DonQuiWho for suggestion). Option can be found in Defeats MCM/Player Post-Assault page.
  • Updated Defeat's import/export mechanics to include all added features.

It should be possible to update a vanilla Defeat 5.3.5 game to Defeat 5.3.6 and Dynamic Defeat LRG 1.4 but as ever, if you have problems,  either clean your save or start a new game. 

Please note this version of Defeat and the Dynamic Defeat patch are NOT compatible with any other Defeat patches or versions.

Thanks to DonQuiWho and Herowynne for taking the time to beta test Defeat 5.3.6

SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane 24112021.7z 5.56 MB · 36 downloads Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch 1.4.7z 182.83 kB · 23 downloads

SL Defeat LE.5.3.6 Bane 24112021.7z 6.44 MB · 14 downloads

Started a new game, and this seems to have broken creature defeats... in general. When in the MCM for player as victim, both the "enabled races" and "disabled races" lists are unpopulated.

1 hour ago, Zeorik said:

Started a new game, and this seems to have broken creature defeats... in general. When in the MCM for player as victim, both the "enabled races" and "disabled races" lists are unpopulated.

Are you using the Dynamic Defeat Patch?  

Defeat 5.3.6 does not have any changes to the MCM  script other than updating the version number.

3 hours ago, Zeorik said:

ScreenShot560.png

ScreenShot561.png

Haven't had time in last couple of days to do further testing or more than pop in to see if anyone wanted help, but firing up my last SSE save with both esps, 5.3.6 and the 1.4 patch, that's working fine.  Note that all are 'ENABLED' by default, which I think might be a change from the older versions

339137859_SkyrimSE2021-11-2619-29-08-245.jpg.49d5dfd77e27412d4bee5746e44f23b9.jpg

With Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4, the MCM looks okay to me as compared to the prior versions.

(By the way, I have never changed the lists of enabled and disabled creature races. I have always left those at the defaults.)

For reference, here are my MCM lists with original Defeat 5.3.5 and AndrewLRG's 1.3:

Spoiler

20211126121243_1.jpg.248f3c4372cd2dc92e1ab10bec13cdb0.jpg20211126121250_1.jpg.5dc4d4b5a83321465b4aa78f79215bd3.jpg

Here are the same lists with Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4:

Spoiler

20211126131112_1.jpg.944d0f1454df2bc222c4f99c34abb7b0.jpg20211126131118_1.jpg.1d61e74000c87162c4a718aa6f9f176e.jpg

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

With Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4, the MCM looks okay to me as compared to the prior versions.

(By the way, I have never changed the lists of enabled and disabled creature races. I have always left those at the defaults.)

For reference, here are my MCM lists with original Defeat 5.3.5 and AndrewLRG's 1.3:

Hide contents

20211126121243_1.jpg.248f3c4372cd2dc92e1ab10bec13cdb0.jpg20211126121250_1.jpg.5dc4d4b5a83321465b4aa78f79215bd3.jpg

Here are the same lists with Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4:

Reveal hidden contents

20211126131112_1.jpg.944d0f1454df2bc222c4f99c34abb7b0.jpg20211126131118_1.jpg.1d61e74000c87162c4a718aa6f9f176e.jpg

Have you tried a NEW save though? I can't get my old save to work because something else broke the MCMs (and setstage won't fix it... sigh). No creatures appear in the lists for me on the new save, but it 'does' seem to stil lbe working... the creature attacking prior apparently just had the model of a draugr but... wasn't. And thus didn't trigger anything. =w=

Installed the LE Bane version and LRG patch for the first successful time, it installed whereas past versions would not.

Seems to work except for creatures.  Cant surrender to so far dogs/wolves.  When defeated by reiklings, they are erect while on bleedout, but when the animation starts they are re-clothed.

Any idea?  I re-applied in CF as they would tell me.  

******EDIT*** 

Uh, never mind.  Upon returning back to the game and combating reiklings again and surrendering the animations with creature parts plays...weird 

Edited by WCSC
7 hours ago, Zeorik said:

Have you tried a NEW save though?

Yes, on a new save. I just did several hours of playtesting Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4, and they are working well for me.

In particular, the follower collateral is working properly for me now, even when the follower is downed first.

I saw many defeats, both from humans and from creatures, and the rape attacks after defeat worked well.

Out of dozens of defeats and rapes, I only saw a glitch once during several hours of play - the game got stuck on a skeever rape animation with my follower. Luckily I had a save from shortly before that point, so I reloaded and proceeded. The second time through that scenario, everything worked smoothly.

Okay, after hours of try and error I am a little tired by a problem, and I think, I should ask here.

I play Skyrim LE again, I sort mods with MO and LOOT (the oldfashioned way), and after starting a new game with Alternate Start the game works so far. But...

Everything was nice until I tried to add animations to SL Defeat. The game crashed all time, and I found a solution for that here in the forums by putting Defeat way down into the load order, Cool, that did work but now the animations won´t startanymore. After surrendering I even get a message, that this or that animation would start but it doesn´t...

My problem is, that my modlist contains 261 mods (the most of them are gameplay related) and a tool like LOOT can´t solve such a "minor" problem. LOOT tells me, that everything is okay but I get this floating viking right after start, so I know, that something is NOT okay here. But I don´t know what.

I play with a lot of mods, that work together, so the load order is always a tricky thing, and I need to chack that manually. But maybe someone is playing with Defeat, and knows, wich mods may particulary sensitive if used together with Defeat. I don´t use the Devious framework, no mods, that alter how fights work, only a good amount of other SL related mods, and of course the Death Alternative series.

Is someone here, who had this problem too? And knows probably an evildoing mod here, that should come before or after Defeat? I´m pretty sure, that one file needs to be at another place in the load order but to find that without any hint is like searching a needle in a haybale.

Edited by carlfatal
12 minutes ago, carlfatal said:

Okay, after hours of try and error I am a little tired by a problem, and I think, I should ask here.

I play Skyrim LE again, I sort mods with MO and LOOT (the oldfashioned way), and after starting a new game with Alternate Start the game works so far. But...

Everything was nice until I tried to add animations to SL Defeat. The game crashed all time, and I found a solution for that here in the forums by putting Defeat way down into the load order, Cool, that did work but now the animations won´t startanymore. After surrendering I even get a message, that this or that animation would start but it doesn´t...

My problem is, that my modlist contains 261 mods (the most of them are gameplay related) and a tool like LOOT can´t solve such a "minor" problem. LOOT tells me, that everything is okay but I get this floating viking right after start, so I know, that something is NOT okay here. But I don´t know what.

I play with a lot of mods, that work together, so the load order is always a tricky thing, and I need to chack that manually. But maybe someone is playing with Defeat, and knows, wich mods may particulary sensitive if used together with Defeat. I don´t use the Devious framework, no mods, that alter how fights work, only a good amount of other SL related mods, and of course the Death Alternative series.

Is someone here, who had this problem too? And knows probably an evildoing mod here, that should come before or after Defeat? I´m pretty sure, that one file needs to be at another place in the load order but to find that without any hint is like searching a needle in a haybale.

Defeat crashes if you edit the animations in it's MCM after you initialize it. After starting the game initialize defeat, save, close the game, start game and load the save it should not crash again.

Edited by swmas

@swmas, thank you!

I had exactly this issue before, and then I found a solution by putting Defeat way down in the load order. Now I can edit the animations in MCM without crashes, and Defeat gives me a message, that it now works with aggressive animations. Only it won´t play any animations it stops right after initializing them.

I made a save after activiating and adjusting the mods in MCM (roundabout 80). And now I am always starting from this save until I´ll see, that it all will work.

I am now slowly moving Defeat to a position, where it loads earlier. But it would be good to know, if there are mods, that indeed can and will interfere with Defeat without a message in MO about overwriting anything.

Edited by carlfatal
On 11/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, Herowynne said:

I just did several hours of playtesting Bane Master's 5.3.6 and AndrewLRG's 1.4, and they are working well for me.

In particular, the follower collateral is working properly for me now, even when the follower is downed first.

I saw many defeats, both from humans and from creatures, and the rape attacks after defeat worked well.

Out of dozens of defeats and rapes, I only saw a glitch once during several hours of play - the game got stuck on a skeever rape animation with my follower. Luckily I had a save from shortly before that point, so I reloaded and proceeded. The second time through that scenario, everything worked smoothly.

To follow up on this post...

After several days of much play testing of @Bane Master Defeat SE 5.3.6 and @AndrewLRG Dynamic Defeat patch 1.4, they have been rock solid and working really well for me, both in solo play, and also with a follower.

I have tested probably around 200 defeats, and have not seen any problems, which is remarkable! ??

My testing included Apropos Wear&Tear, and SlaveTats/RapeTats, and lots of variety in terms of human and different creature attackers of all kinds.

Edited by Herowynne
56 minutes ago, carlfatal said:

@swmas, thank you!

I had exactly this issue before, and then I found a solution by putting Defeat way down in the load order. Now I can edit the animations in MCM without crashes, and Defeat gives me a message, that it now works with aggressive animations. Only it won´t play any animations it stops right after initializing them.

I made a save after activiating and adjusting the mods in MCM (roundabout 80). And now I am always starting from this save until I´ll see, that it all will work.

I am now slowly moving Defeat to a position, where it loads earlier. But it would be good to know, if there are mods, that indeed can and will interfere with Defeat without a message in MO about overwriting anything.

No mods should conflict with defeat like that, if you have heavy script mods that may be what blocks animations starting. Do other mods start animations correctly ex. SLEN?

LOOT is only for noobs that don't know how mod loading works it won't help you much in this case. Nobody should use LOOT if they have mods from anywhere other than Nexus anyways.

So far so good with LE Bane version and LRG patch.

Only one thing, not sure if it's a setting thing or not but in the MCM I have "All Down" selected for the PC settings....where the PC and followers must be knocked down individually.  The thing is, when the PC is knocked down the followers are still up, but, it only takes one hit to knock them down.  Is this a setting thing somewhere?  I'd rather they go down fighting.

thanks

@Herowynne (ah, DAO fan, cool),

I use a lot of SL "addons", as I play this game more like a medieval sim game than like a hack and slay now. And heck, I never had this problem with Defeat before. But it is not Defeat, that doesn´t work like expected, it´s simply, that animations get initialized but then don´t start. So the problem is elsewhere.

And yes, I also thought about downloading Rape Tats and Wear & Tear but first thing is to get this game running again.

@swmas,

thanks for the suggestion. I should have build my mods folder from ground up again. This wouldn´t have helped in this situation but now I did that, and at least I found some real big mistakes in my load order, that - of course - LOOT never would have found. So I made all new but still the problem is there. And it is not Defeat, cause like you suggested, a nother start, where I tired to start animations through other mods showed the same. The animations get initialized (after a too long waiting time), I even get a message, that this or that animation would start now but then nothing happens.

I´m a bit confused, cause the game runs very well aside from that, and the animations did start until two days ago...

Question:
I just added Dwarven creature animations to my game. Everything works great with MatchMaker but these kind of creatures have no trigger for SL-Defeat.
I'm using SL-Defeat v5.3.2. Is a special script needed for dwarven enemies?
I'd really like to fix that. Any ideas?