15 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Right.  I've done that.

Meantime, Defeat is doing the basic 'cant continue fighting' thing OK, but after the first round is still crashing my game - more of a direct CTD now - that looks like it might be related to the BFW mod, and I'm thinking that I either reinstall it or remove it.  It does't seem worth the trouble if it's at the root of this.  Interestingly DCL shows an on hit message too periodically, so something on BFW might be stuck

I've attached the latest log.  Lines 3956/3957 may be where things start to go astray? 

On that score, I added DCL into this game at about Save 1500 or so, and I just popped it at the end of the load order so as not to mess up anything else.  Does Load Order matter for the purposes of your script?  And is there anything I might have inadvertently 'switched off' in DCL that you rely on?  I turned off almost everything but its most basic functions ...

Last thoughts.  Is making this an esl flagged item for SSE maybe causing grief somehow?  I'm clutching at straws because @Herowynne seems to have it all working fine

Not free this evening so this may be the last contribution for today

But thanks vm for your persistence

Papyrus.0.log 577.66 kB · 1 download

@AndrewLRG

Hi

I'm truly sorry but I'm going to have to move on from this one.  I managed to get some more tests done last night - finished at 03.00 ? - but after 4 days of trying to get this to work in my game, I really can get no further. 

I don't think for a moment that there is really anything wrong with your patch.  I probably just have one, or more, mods that conflict, or there is something really goes wrong with the load order in place but, despite taking out the ones that looked most obvious contenders for game spoilers, I still cannot get Defeat to function properly, no matter how I fiddle with a range of mod settings.  Whatever I do, it quickly gets to the point where the Defeat event terminates, the PC dies, and the game restarts at last save

So I'm going to go back to where I added it to the present game and see if I can reverse the changes!  Hope so, or that's a few weeks gameplay down the tubes ... ?

I'll certainly try this again in a later, less mod heavy, game, as others have got it working properly, and the great new functionality seems to work fine for others. 

So best wishes with where you take this from here, and if you ever do try to patch the Bane version, :P, even if that were only to modify the DD additions so that it added DD5.0+ functional devices instead of the non working DD4.3 ones,  I'll be first in to try that out

So thanks again and I'm truly sorry that I couldn't get further or provide you with better help

Best wishes ....

EDIT: I will leave all the tested saves in place just in case you come across something else that might help, and then see if I can do anything about trying this further.  MO2's Profile duplication isn't quite as neat and tidy as MO1's was, but I could always try

Edited by donkeywho

Hi All,

I am working on porting the fixes from the Bane Defeat Version to the original 5.3.5 SE version. Whilst doing this I think I have finally discovered and fixed the root cause of defeated followers dropping out of scenes and starting combat again.

My current test version seems to be more reliable and once completed it would only take a few minor changes to Dynamic defeat's overwriting scripts to carry all the fixes over (most of the fixes are not affected by Dynamic Defeat but there are a couple that are).

So, anyone interested in Beta testing Defeat SSE Bane 5.3.6? If you are drop me a PM please.

35 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Hi All,

I am working on porting the fixes from the Bane Defeat Version to the original 5.3.5 SE version. Whilst doing this I think I have finally discovered and fixed the root cause of defeated followers dropping out of scenes and starting combat again.

My current test version seems to be more reliable and once completed it would only take a few minor changes to Dynamic defeat's overwriting scripts to carry all the fixes over (most of the fixes are not affected by Dynamic Defeat but there are a couple that are).

So, anyone interested in Beta testing Defeat SSE Bane 5.3.6? If you are drop me a PM please.

Sounds great.  Subject to personal availability, count me in

@AndrewLRG

I had another go with this while also trying to test Bane's new version.  (don't worry, I;m not trying to use both together!)

Can I ask a quick question about your patch pls?  Can you use it and Death Alternative (DAYMOYL) together when handling the Defeat KnockDown event??  Or, if you are using DAYMOYL, will your patch's restraint additions NOT work?   

My understanding is that DAYMOYL handles restraints and then deals with the outcomes if Defeat sends to PC to blackout. 

So, in terms of understanding what your patch aims to do

- does your patch add restraints at the end of Defeat's defeat cycle, when the PC is in a TRAUMA state from which it can recover, with restraints added, for another combat round?  

- does having the Knockdown handled by DAYMOYL preclude restraint addition, even if the player is put into TRAUMA by defeat, and recovers to fight again?

On another point, what parts of Cursed Loot need to be active for your patch to work?  As you are probably guessing, I still haven't seen any restraints added, but I think my game/setup are probably a bit squiff.

Reason for asking is that Bane's new version seems to work fine with DAYMOYL - insofar as I've been able to test it on what is a fairly flaky game otherwise 

TIA for any advice you can give

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I had another go with this while also trying to test Bane's new version.  (don't worry, I;m not trying to use both together!)

Can I ask a quick question about your patch pls?  Can you use it and Death Alternative (DAYMOYL) together when handling the Defeat KnockDown event??  Or, if you are using DAYMOYL, will your patch's restraint additions NOT work?   

My understanding is that DAYMOYL handles restraints and then deals with the outcomes if Defeat sends to PC to blackout.

I haven't used DAYMOYL in several years, but I think it should be compatible with my patch and it should be able to run random post-assault event from Defeat. Like you said, DAYMOYL can trigger Defeats KnockDown Event which in return will start one of Defeat post-assault events (Left for Death, Simple Slavery, Cursed Loot Devices, etc.). On the other hand, you can use Dynamic Defeat and make it trigger one of DAYMOYL events. Unfortunately, I don't know whether DAYMOYL equips Devious Devices by itself.

- does your patch add restraints at the end of Defeat's defeat cycle, when the PC is in a TRAUMA state from which it can recover, with restraints added, for another combat round? 

Patch equips new Devices after all sexual assaults, while player is in trauma state. It's one of so called Post-assault events, like being teleported to an inn or Simple Slavery, but instead player will equip several Devices.

- does having the Knockdown handled by DAYMOYL preclude restraint addition, even if the player is put into TRAUMA by defeat, and recovers to fight again?

Well, it depends on DAYMOYL. If DAYMOYL successfully calls on Defeat to handle Post-assault events then Defeat might equip Devices.

On another point, what parts of Cursed Loot need to be active for your patch to work?  As you are probably guessing, I still haven't seen any restraints added, but I think my game/setup are probably a bit squiff.

Patch is using Cursed Loots internal functions, so it does not matter what parts of Cursed Loot are enabled. :) You can turn off everything Cursed Loot has, but as long as "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp" is enabled in your load order Devices will still be equipped. The issue you are having is not related to Cursed Loot and its settings, or DAYMOYL. LIke I said previously, your game can't locate or use "DefeatUtil2" - script that I added, which is acting like a bridge between Defeat and Devious Devices / Cursed Loot. I'm trying to find some information about what might be causing it, some special restrictions or conditions I'm not aware of.

1 hour ago, AndrewLRG said:

I haven't used DAYMOYL in several years, but I think it should be compatible with my patch and it should be able to run random post-assault event from Defeat. Like you said, DAYMOYL can trigger Defeats KnockDown Event which in return will start one of Defeat post-assault events (Left for Death, Simple Slavery, Cursed Loot Devices, etc.). On the other hand, you can use Dynamic Defeat and make it trigger one of DAYMOYL events. Unfortunately, I don't know whether DAYMOYL equips Devious Devices by itself.

Patch equips new Devices after all sexual assaults, while player is in trauma state. It's one of so called Post-assault events, like being teleported to an inn or Simple Slavery, but instead player will equip several Devices.

Well, it depends on DAYMOYL. If DAYMOYL successfully calls on Defeat to handle Post-assault events then Defeat might equip Devices.

Patch is using Cursed Loots internal functions, so it does not matter what parts of Cursed Loot are enabled. :) You can turn off everything Cursed Loot has, but as long as "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp" is enabled in your load order Devices will still be equipped. The issue you are having is not related to Cursed Loot and its settings, or DAYMOYL. LIke I said previously, your game can't locate or use "DefeatUtil2" - script that I added, which is acting like a bridge between Defeat and Devious Devices / Cursed Loot. I'm trying to find some information about what might be causing it, some special restrictions or conditions I'm not aware of.

I use Death resurrection (It's a 'continuation' of Death Alternative... mainly just a code revamp/ fix) and 'most' of your patch works. I've not experienced any device equipping though, unfortunately. I think Death Alternative bypassed the Trauma state entirely. That said, being downed as a Werewolf seems to be completely broken... that may just be a by-product of Death Alternative though.

1 hour ago, AndrewLRG said:

Thanks for the prompt reply

DAYMOYL does show some of the Items listed under TRAUMA as events with a chance of occurring after the DAYMOYL healt pool reduces to zero and the PC goes into Blackout.  Those do not incluse an 'Add DD Restraints' option, which is probably not too surprising given your comments ?

So far, tho, none of the TRAUMA events listed in the patch seem to occur at all, either with or without DAYMOYL handling an 'essential' defeat, in that after recovery, and before/without blackout, the PC just seems to straight back into combat with the bad boys and gals again, with none of the Trauma events taking place

Could there maybe be an issue with the number of attackers involved?  I've been testing this in Fort Greymoor, and there are often 6 or 7 bandits lined up to ;have their turn, singly or in multiples.  Does the sheer number of attackers and repeat attacks, up to the limit applicable - 2 x attackers - maybe have some limiting effect? 

I'll need to try this out again, without DAYMOYL in the game - although my first set of tests omitted it -  and also with a different group of 'baddies', in case any of my mods increasing bandit numbers are causing this

If anyone else using this successfully has any ideas about what, say, I might be doing wrong(!), please let me know

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

DAYMOYL does show some of the Items listed under TRAUMA as events with a chance of occurring after the DAYMOYL healt pool reduces to zero and the PC goes into Blackout.  Those do not incluse an 'Add DD Restraints' option, which is probably not too surprising given your comments ?

I've just checked DAYMOYL. It has BleedOut Event Setting and Defeat in one of two options. Do those BleedOut events work? DAYMOYL should trigger BleedOut Event and it will trigger Defeat Post-assault Trauma events. At least In theory. :)

Edited by AndrewLRG
8 hours ago, AndrewLRG said:

I've just checked DAYMOYL. It has BleedOut Event Setting and Defeat in one of two options. Do those BleedOut events work? DAYMOYL should trigger BleedOut Event and it will trigger Defeat Post-assault Trauma events. At least In theory. :)

The events do work - the only thing to be wary of is having defeat's own events set in such a way that they can trigger at the same time as the DAYMOYL bleedout event - that way chaos awaits!  ?

4 hours ago, Bane Master said:

The events do work - the only thing to be wary of is having defeat's own events set in such a way that they can trigger at the same time as the DAYMOYL bleedout event - that way chaos awaits!  ?

I've tried to trigger DAYMOYL bleedout event and got stuck in a loop. :) According to DAYMOYL script "daymoyl_MonitorPlayerScript" Player must recover from bleedout (play GetUpEnd animation) and only then DAYMOYL will trigger its bleedout event... Its really confusing.

29 minutes ago, AndrewLRG said:

I've tried to trigger DAYMOYL bleedout event and got stuck in a loop. :) According to DAYMOYL script "daymoyl_MonitorPlayerScript" Player must recover from bleedout (play GetUpEnd animation) and only then DAYMOYL will trigger its bleedout event... Its really confusing.

Once the bleedout damage bar reaches 0 the Onblackout event is triggered - during bleedout DAYMOYL checks the player & agressor who sent them into bleedout (+/- other stuff if mods specify) against the trigger condition in each mods daymoyl_QuestTemplate script (which  can be renamed whatever the mod author want as they are called from a formlist via  daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.psc).

Defeat's DA Bleedout Trigger Script is called defeatdadefeated.psc

Edited by Bane Master
25 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Once the bleedout damage bar reaches 0 the Onblackout event is triggered - during bleedout DAYMOYL checks the player & agressor who sent them into bleedout (+/- other stuff if mods specify) against the trigger condition in each mods daymoyl_QuestTemplate script (which  can be renamed whatever the mod author want as they are called from a formlist via  daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.psc).

Defeat's DA Bleedout Trigger Script is called defeatdadefeated.psc

I thought that "defeatdadefeated.psc" is DA Blackout Events and "defeatdatrigger.psc" - DA Bleedout Event.

2 hours ago, AndrewLRG said:

I thought that "defeatdadefeated.psc" is DA Blackout Events and "defeatdatrigger.psc" - DA Bleedout Event.

Yep - you are absolutely correct, I had them back to front, that'll teach me not to type in haste!

The mechanism is as described though - I just transposed the script names,

@donkeywho All this shouldn't affect testing of the updated Defeat version. I have used with DAYMOYL and it worked in my test environment so it should work for you too ?

@AndrewLRG  I'm still trying out Bane's new version and so far it's looking good

Took time out to have a go with your patch, as converted by @Herowynne to SSE, on basic 5.3.5 SSE

So far it's looking OK, PC against a gang of baddies - the bandit camp just off the road out of Helgen Cave - and DDs get applied at the end of the Defeat event.  Note that this test has been limited just to addition, and not (removal, add back, + anything else added). 

One point is that on defeat by creatures, eg the wolves at Riverwood, they seem to be very talented in that they too will add DD restraints to the PC.  In the case in point, they managed to add Pony Boots, a chastity belt and plugs, no less.  I assume that you can insert some check to avoid that ...? ?

As far as going into battle with followers is concerned - tested at the little cave below Dragonsreach - things seem to go a bit squiff at points.  The PC has a habit of dying in the middle of the Sexlab Event set up. 

I couldn't work out why the PC and camera both froze - the assailant starting the business OK, but with the animation well askew - until I saw the entries in the log that said that the PC was by that point 'dead'.  Meantime, the Followers would seem get on with business, being jumped on when first down and then recovering to slaughter the bad ppl.  But as the camera was stuffed, I could never quite see what they were really doing, eg were they experiencing repeat knockdowns, assaults, and recoveries? 

Attached is a log, covering a number of encounters, (EDIT: All encounters are for Combat WITH Followers), the name of which points to the relevant lines for just one of the death events.  I haven't had time to look at the rest in any detail

I think that @Bane Master found some glitch in Defeats follower component, so if he sees anything similar here to that, he might want to chip in

Whateever, hope this helps

Papyrus.0 - Copy (6) 2518 knockdown 2578 player dead.log

Edited by donkeywho
On 11/12/2021 at 9:38 AM, AndrewLRG said:

AndrewLRG, I'm having a weird bug after installing your patch that I've never seen before with this mod. I have a follower (Mirai, off Nexus) who keeps disappearing. I finally figured out she's being teleported to the site of where she was defeated earlier. She ran into a mob of Forsworn chasing after me and they knocked her down and I saw the message that she was being assaulted. I'd been stripped of weapons and armor at the time, so I just kept going. She caught up later, but she keeps disappearing back to that spot. I teleport her back to me, she follows fine, but disappears after we start moving again.

I've stopped all sexlab scenes, used the "Clean Defeat" option, resurrected her, dismissed and rehired, killed all the forsworn involved, but she keeps teleporting back. It's been hours since that scene ran and I'm halfway across the map now.

/edit This is on Skyrim LE. I don't use Skyrim SE.

Edited by Rooker
3 hours ago, Rooker said:

AndrewLRG, I'm having a weird bug after installing your patch that I've never seen before with this mod. I have a follower (Mirai, off Nexus) who keeps disappearing. I finally figured out she's being teleported to the site of where she was defeated earlier. She ran into a mob of Forsworn chasing after me and they knocked her down and I saw the message that she was being assaulted. I'd been stripped of weapons and armor at the time, so I just kept going. She caught up later, but she keeps disappearing back to that spot. I teleport her back to me, she follows fine, but disappears after we start moving again.

My patch does not change anything follower related, so I'm not sure that it's doing it.

I have a CTD everytime I click the Toggle animation tag button for any type of animations in this mod, I tried multiple solutions I found with a google search but nothing worked for me.

In some post someone mentioned using a "fixed version" but didn't say especifically wich one, less where to find it. Someone could provide a hint or solution to me? thanks!

I have yet to use Banes, as I can never get it to install.  Some other patches (Osmel Tweaks) made by various authors and even Baka's stand alone Defeat.  Where I hear things seem to fall short and where Baka's/Osmel falls short is when it comes to Followers being assaulted. 

On the original Defeat...I have the "player get's Necro'd" mod and even when the PC is killed off,  followers on bleed out still get assaulted, and later killed (due to my settings).  This won't happen on modified versions of Defeat.

My hope is some of the modified versions could preserve this function.  Up to now, I have to keep using the original Defeat, which is fine, it's missing some cool new functions.  But I like the idea of Followers and being assaulted in that context  

OK, spent a good chunk of time troubleshooting this, so I'd like to try my luck asking out here.

Essentially, I'm facing the same problem as some others might have before in the thread:
If my follower gets knocked down first, followed by myself, upon the very start of the sexual assault sequence on me, my follower will get right back up, triggers witness intervention and then gets into combat to save me.

The only time when follower collateral works as intended is if I get knocked down first prior to my follower.

Playing on Skyrim LE. Tested via fresh coc qasmoke load from main menu, with new base ID spawn of Jenassa recruited as a follower (recruited through gold hire, normal means). Absolutely no other mods except SL, Defeat, and their requirements (not even USLEEP) mods active.

Some of the things I've tried:

1. Setting NPCvNPC 'type of knockdown' setting from Only On Hit to Only On Bleedout (or Both): This actually keeps my follower knocked down, however them subsequently getting targeted for collateral sexual assault is hit-or-miss (not 100% reliable). Later when trying this on my non-test ongoing playthrough however, follower Frea would always literally try to sexual assault herself after her health is reduced to 0, very perplexing. Further testing is in order.
  2. Turning NPCvNPC off: Issue persists. Behaviour alike NPCvNPC with 'On Hit' setting, I suppose it defaults?
  3. Testing with Baka's Defeat: Issue persists. I've not tried Bane's version mentioned on a handful of the above posts.

At this point I think I'll chalk it up to Defeat quite simply being janky in this regard, considering it happens with bare minimal mods on a fresh game. I don't suppose Bane's edited version addresses this very issue?

Been scouring some of the thread through keyword searches to no avail. Earlier on in this thead (last year), use @coolbones mentioned disabling their combat overhaul mod (Wildcat) did the trick for them, but unfortunately not in my case with no other mods.

If anyone has insight on this, I'd really love to hear about it, but I've quite conceded at this point and reckon I might just use the 'Original' knockdown scenario to at least avoid the headache.

EDIT: It looks like Bane Master's Defeat edit (post right below this one) actually addresses this issue. I haven't tried it out myself, but anyone else with the same issue reading this post should definitely take a look.

Edited by Rattlesnark
1 hour ago, Bane Master said:

This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features, therefore I am calling this version Defeat 5.3.6.

Thank you for this Bane Master

I must confess that I used 5.35 SE up to now, as it has been the most stable version for me. (If one knows how avoid some glitches)

Will test this 5.3.6 right away.