Being a Cow (Alternate Version)

View File

Make sure to download the tats file and the loose files archive again!

This mod is a partial redevelopment of Being a Cow by @skyrimfet to whom we owe the base version and most of the ideas. Some years ago he has stopped working on it and I started making some changes on my own and rewriting most of the base scripts to significantly decrease script load and CTD rate. Since then I added some content - mostly mutations - and cleaned up the quests (thanks to @GuruSR for the milk pump activation code). Also, new meshes have been introduced thanks to @Addywil.

SE conversion thanks to @evilbom.If current version LE > SE, check this post.

So, what is this about? Well, its a bovine transformation mod for female characters. It won't work well on non humanoid races and it supports custom races with some attention from your side. It requires MilkMod Economy and starts the transformation around the time when the first milking occurs. There are some small quests to find out about your fate.

Requirements (SE users need to find the corresponding SE mod, unless otherwise stated):

Optional:

Optional Files:

• Beastess_Beast_Sneak_noEsp.7z: Sneak Animations on all fours originally from Beastess mod, just hkx files, no esp needed.
  • BAC_2.0.3_BodyMorph_JSON.7z: editable Bodymorph settings as opposed to builtin

• BAC_2.0.5_DeniedFood_JSON.7z: food exceptions for Hungry effect (e. g. quest items)

• BAC_2.0.5_Grazeables_JSON.7z: Grazeable plants/ingredients to be extendible for 3rd party mods

• Faster HDT-SMP for SE,AE,VR for the tail physics to work (you still need the HDT SMP tail, though).

Credits:

• @skyrimfet for the original mod and the idea
  • @GuruSR for the milk pump activation code during scenes
  • @Addywil for the awesome ears and udders and whatever else is to come
  • to all those people already quoted in Being a Cow

FAQ

• The tats are not appearing/partially appearing/body is blue
    • Check your slavetats folder unter data\textures\actors\character\SlaveTats\bac. Even if you don't have SlaveTats installed, that's where the tat textures are located
    • Check data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini. Enable face tats and make sure you have enough tat slots available on all body parts

• The quest furniture is not appearing
    • Make sure you have the correct version of ZaZ installed (see above)

• The Hammerheart quest is starting but then nothing happens / Errors in papyrus.log like "Error: Property Cows not found on bac_actor. Aborting call and returning None stack"
    • You probably have the loose scripts from the original version of BAC still lying around. They are no longer compatible. Remove all files matching patterns bac*.pex, pf_bac*.pex, qf_bac*.pex, and sf_bac*.pex from data\scripts
    • if you're using Mod Organizer 2, check this post.
  • The fur/mutation tats are not appearing/stop appearing
    • You probably have too few slots assigned to overlays in data\SKSE\plugins\nioverride.ini (LE) or skee64.ini (SE). Make sure you change those settings in the file:
      • section [Overlays] bEnableFaceOverlays to 1 instead of 0 and, if you want to use this on NPCs, bPlayerOnly to 0 instead of 1
      • section [Overlays/Body] iNumOverlays to 30 instead of 6
      • section [Overlays/Hands] iNumOverlays to 20 instead of 3
      • section [Overlays/Feet] iNumOverlays to 20 instead of 3
      • section [Overlays/Face] iNumOverlays to 20 instead of 3
  • This mod does not run/causes CTD with Skyrim version 1.6.x (AE)
    • AE has a different SKSE plugin DLL header version as opposed to SE. Simply put: installing SE mods that bring a plugin DLL will cause CTDs in AE. You'll need to find the corresponding AE mod instead. BAC does not bring a DLL, but some required/optional mods do (like e. g.  PO3).

Hacks

Spoiler
  • Molag Bal's altar does not trigger on me:
    • Make sure, quest "A Craftsman's Masterpiece" at least progressed to stage 130
    • go to the altar and open the console
    • type "prid xx0adfa6" [replace xx with BAC's mod ID]
    • type "activate player"

Installation

Install the latest versions of all three archives for your platform (base archive bac_x.x.x_[LE/SE].7z, loose files archive bac_x.x.x_[LE/SE]_loose_files.7z, and tats archive bac_x.x.x_LE+SE_tats.7z) with mod manager of your choice. The reason for splitting this up is the file size limit of LoversLab. The sounds archive is only necessary on SE/AE with CTDs caused by this problem. Do not forget to run BodySlide to (batch) generate all the dynamic meshes.

Spoiler

In BodySlide select your favourite body setting and press "Batch Build"
BodySlide_1.png.140fb960c6fab52eec8e37f3e7016964.png

The right-click in the empty space and select "Select None"
BodySlide_2.png.bcd199d52c26d8c6d1d3fc823b9c42ea.png

Then tick all the slider sets starting with "bac " and press Build
BodySlide_3.png.936f84a0fc4e3264b4ee97dc81e52a87.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/04/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    see text
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by botticelli

My Conversion is just Texture and Mesh if you found any problem with Scripts ask Botticelli

--- Edit note ---

Spoiler

2/20/23
remove all old version below 2.0

remove cow head mesh LE option file

update Beast Sneak SE link and Cow Head SE link

2/21/23
upload bac 2.0.3_SE
2/22/23

re-upload bac tats 2.0

4/30/23

upload bac 2.0.4 SE

add LE head mesh as option file

3/5/23

upload bac 2.0.4 BSA version
6/26/23
upload bac 2.0.5 BSA version

8/26/23

upload bac 2.0.6 BSA version and 2.0.6 tats

remove all version below 2.0.5
10/16/23
upload bac_2.0.7_SE
10/18/23

upload 2.0.7 hotfix 

10/19/23

upload 2.0.7 Loose File
10/20/23
fix bac 2.0.7 hotfix

---------------------------

SE Physics Tail and download Botticelli version overwrite it

---------------------

Cow Head By Obryanov  this head make the head transform work on followers

---------------------

Beast Sneak SE by DivineDefiance

---------------------

Bac Patch for Ordinator

---------------------

LE Head Mesh from 2.0.5 version  (don't work on follower)

LE head mesh.7z

BAC_2.0_SE_tats

bac_2.0_SE_tats.7z

BAC_2.0.6_SE_tats

bac_2.0.6_SE_tats.7z

---------------------

if you guys got CTD on head transform download LE head mesh or Obryanov version and overwrite it

2.0.7_SE,Loose File and 2.0.7 hotfix  

bac_2.0.7_SE.7z

bac_2.0.7_SE_Loose_File.7z

bac_2.0.7_SE_Hotfix.7z

2.0.6_SE

bac_2.0.6_SE.7z

2.0.5_SE

bac_2.0.5_SE_BSA.7z

Edited by evilbom
17 minutes ago, evilbom said:

any change log for D2 ?
i just finish my D1 convert to SE with MCM fix

just a bug fix in the capturedcow2 quest dialogue which got stuck in the cellar and an experimental new mutation called CowPelvis (requires AssStretch) with no settings as yet (I'll make some in the next version). It's probaböy not worth the hassle, if you're already past capturedcow2.

1 hour ago, cagedcookie said:

i do have a question for future, is it possible to have changes to the mouth n nose to look more bovine?

i dont know enough about meshes etc so thats why im asking

Did you check out the CowHead mutation?

8 minutes ago, Lenore said:

But do cows have horns?

Some do. For the purposes of this mod, all do.

8 minutes ago, SilentOption said:

I take it we don't need the original mod for this right

no, it's not needed.

Great to see the new post!

I'm still having problems with getting Zaz furniture in SE to recognize correctly (captured path works perfectly, but furniture still missing in Paul ownership path).

I tried switching from ZAZ7 to 8+, no luck. At this point, it's probably one of the other mods I use, or I'm just bad at setting it up.

As a result, I use BAC more for the transformations than for the quest (I just disable Paul so he doesn't bug me).

However, a question for other users:

In the past, I've made myself an "Add-on" plugin that adds the "Equipment" typically equipped by Paul as a normal armor item (not DD or anything like that).

I have to make it for the latest version of BAC, would anyone else be interested in this?

At first all it would contain would be the nose ring (large and small, with compatibility with requested position from BAC's MCM), but in the future I could see about adding the foot/hand armor.

1 hour ago, SilentOption said:

Also found another glitch during the transformation. discoloration on the cow hoofs. 

20220404132359_1.jpg

That happens with several vanilla foot meshes (e. g. high elf), too. The texture is still there, only it isn't rendered. If you move around or enter a building, it may appear again. In my installation it happens in specific places where ELFX lighting overhaul casts too many shadows.

The HDT tail is problematic within some places (e. g. Blackreach). It also happens in my case with ELFX overloaded locations. It either spasms around or sticks out not moving at all. Might be something similar in your case. Simply unequipping and equipping it again in the console helps (not in Blackreach, though).

4 minutes ago, botticelli said:

That happens with several vanilla foot meshes (e. g. high elf), too. The texture is still there, only it isn't rendered. If you move around or enter a building, it may appear again. In my installation it happens in specific places where ELFX lighting overhaul casts too many shadows.

The HDT tail is problematic within some places (e. g. Blackreach). It also happens in my case with ELFX overloaded locations. It either spasms around or sticks out not moving at all. Might be something similar in your case. Simply unequipping and equipping it again in the console helps (not in Blackreach, though).

I tried unequipping them and it doesn't work the HDT is still stiff the previous update didn't have that issue.

16 minutes ago, botticelli said:

What is the console command. I just realized I just use the unequip option on the MCM by updating the BAC MCM.

Edited by SilentOption
19 minutes ago, SilentOption said:

What is the console command. I just realized I just use the unequip option on the MCM by updating the BAC MCM.

first do

• player.inv

to get your inventory, scroll up and look for "Tail (2)". The ID should be right behind that, then do

• player.unequipitem <id>

If that fails, try

• player.removeitem <id>

instead. If anything succeds, do

• player.equipitem <id>

again. As was the case with all the versions I posted, I haven't touched the tail yet. This is still standard issue.

About the tail's,  I think i found the error.  Newer versions dont seem to have the SKSE\Plugin fodlers for the the tails.  Ill give it a try with adding in these files into 1.9D2 in a hour as got something to do but will let yalls know if it worked for me either way

Spoiler

994215221_BACTails.thumb.jpg.a8ac9c2d711f010daabf5e433e0a268f.jpg