What Areas Should be Looked at?  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What Areas need to be looked at more?

• Better Naked/Armor Slot handling/configuration (IE armors that do not use body slot that should prevent nudity)
    • Creature Handling
    • Nearby NPC arousal Updating over time (Or appearingly not updating)
    • Other (Leave a Comment)

9 hours ago, nunyabidnez said:

I did select the DD 5.1 patch when installing, but I did not have a SLAroused.esm until I installed SLAroused?  Should there have been one with just the OSLAroused installed?  That's my confusion, as in the initial guidance we're told to not install SLAroused, only to install OSLAroused, but I was unable to install DD without SLARoused installed.

Correct do not install SLAroused.

OLSAroused includes a custom version of "SexlabAroused.esm" that must be used. This will also allow you to install DD (as it matches the DD depenency). 

Just make sure you have that esm enabled.

Released v 2.0.0  with the arousal mechanic overhaul.

Please read file for description on how it works.

Shouldn't Require a new save, but wasn't able to thoroughly test on old saves.

Also wasn't able to test the SSE (non-AE) SKSE dll, so let me know if there were any issues.

Hoping to get initial pass of feedback as far as what people like and dont like about the new mechanics.

Also now that I have this out I can start looking at some of the request features like SOS support

Biggest thing is making sure that issues like Arousal getting stuck/not decreasing are fixed. (As this is a complete overhaul of mechanics its likely similar issues may be occuring but I can go through and fix them.) So if your still running into those issues please let me know. (Even if youve already posted, please repost so i know its occuring on latest version).

Thanks Everyone.

Is it ok to replace BakaSLArosed with this mod without starting new game? Will try anyway, but few instructions on main page about replacing existing versions may be helpfull. As i understand old SLArousal must be cleaned from save manually, it may be not real to load any save with arosal esm disabled.

I was looking at the scripts to see about re-implementing OsmelMC's tweaks to SL Aroused, and noticed the SetArousalMultiplier function in OSLAroused_ModInterface doesn't appear to actually use the value passed in? This function is called by slaFrameworkScr's SetActorExposureRate function, which is one of the couple things OsmelMC touches.

At least according to the provided script source, it seems to not pass that along to OSLArousedNative as other functions appear to do.

1 hour ago, nb097 said:

I was looking at the scripts to see about re-implementing OsmelMC's tweaks to SL Aroused, and noticed the SetArousalMultiplier function in OSLAroused_ModInterface doesn't appear to actually use the value passed in? This function is called by slaFrameworkScr's SetActorExposureRate function, which is one of the couple things OsmelMC touches.

At least according to the provided script source, it seems to not pass that along to OSLArousedNative as other functions appear to do.

In latest version, How arousal works has been completely overhauled and "ExposureRate" is no longer relevant (as its used in sla).

Arousal no longer constantly rises over time based off an "Exposure" rate value, and instead is modified based off "gameplay" (ie events or actor state). So any tweaks/mods that modify the rate of that constant rise is no longer relevant (Hence why its a NO-OP [does nothing]).

That being said I am considering adding the option to have arousal constantly rise over time similar to how it works in sla (where then I would start using that value again).

Edit: Apologies I got a bit confused Thinking ExposureRate was TimeRate. ExposureRate in sla acts kind of like a global "multiplier" to exposure gains. I removed this in latest to simplify it a bit, but I can see some value in retaining it.

I will add it back in as a multiplier to the direct arousal gains coming from other mods. 

Edited by ozooma10

Thanks for the mod ..I dropped 2.0 in an ongoing SSE game and all seems well after about 4 hours playing .

This is my Loot sorted Load order.  I use vortex to install my mods.

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     SexLabAroused.esm
254 FE   0 ConfigureCommentaryRate.esl
  7  7     EFFCore.esm
254 FE   1 SAS.esl
  8  8     FISS.esp
  9  9     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 10  a     SexLab.esm
 11  b     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 12  c     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
 15  f     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 16 10     SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm
 17 11     ApachiiHairMales.esm
 18 12     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
 19 13     ApachiiHair.esm
 20 14     High Poly Head.esm
254 FE   2 Expressive Facegen Morphs.esl
 21 15     CreatureFramework.esm
 22 16     DynDOLOD.esm
 23 17     SkyUI_SE.esp
 24 18     Immersive Wenches.esp
 25 19     OAroused.esp
254 FE   3 OSLAroused.esp
 26 1a     Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
 27 1b     Sexlab - Cum Overlays.esp
254 FE   4 followerBathing.esp
254 FE   5 Follower Bathing BIS Tweak.esp
 28 1c     Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
254 FE   6 3BBB.esp
 29 1d     Populated Skyrim Legendary.esp
 30 1e     DemonicCreatures.esp
 31 1f     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 32 20     MilkSomeCows.esp
254 FE   7 BakaFactoryABC.esp
 33 21     Tales_of_Lycanthropy.esp
 34 22     Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
 35 23     SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
 36 24     LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
 37 25     NewmillerDEBikini.esp
 38 26     SexlabAmmoUnequip.esp
254 FE   8 SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrimSE.esp
 39 27     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
 40 28     SexLab_Solutions.esp
 41 29     SLSO.esp
 42 2a     InigoPerkPointGiver.esp
 43 2b     Cumshot.esp
254 FE   9 CumshotSL.esp
 44 2c     DW.esp
 45 2d     hydra_slavegirls.esp
 46 2e     SexLab More Creatures.esp
 47 2f     FurnitureMarkerSex.esp
254 FE   a Hydragorgon Furniture Patch.esp
 48 30     Cloaks.esp
 49 31     SLSFFameComments.esp
 50 32     HornyCreatures.esp
 51 33     iNeed.esp
 52 34     SexLab_Dialogues.esp
 53 35     Drinking Fountains of Skyrim for SSE.esp
254 FE   b Drinking Fountains of Skyrim for SSE - iNeed Patch.esp
 54 36     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 55 37     SOS - Shop.esp
 56 38     R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp
 57 39     HDT Piercingsets.esp
 58 3a     1nivWICCloaks.esp
 59 3b     Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
254 FE   c Cloaks_WACCF_Patch.esp
 60 3c     MultipleEnchants32.esp
 61 3d     Devious Devices For Him.esp
 62 3e     Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
254 FE   d Devious Devices SE patch.esp
 63 3f     AnubAnimObj.esp
 64 40     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 65 41     SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 66 42     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 67 43     ERF - Futanari CBBE - Equippable.esp
 68 44     SOS - ERF - Futanari CBBE - Addon.esp
 69 45     SOS - Female Pubics.esp
 70 46     The Ordinary Women.esp
 71 47     KS Hairdo's.esp
 72 48     Immersive Wenches -KS hairs- Patch.esp
 73 49     ZAZpatch.esp
 74 4a     MagicPowerEnchant.esp
254 FE   e KSHairForPopulated.esp
254 FE   f ABMM.esp
 75 4b     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
 76 4c     NibblesAnimObjects.esp
 77 4d     SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
254 FE  10 SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp
 78 4e     SLAL_K4Anims.esp
 79 4f     SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
 80 50     SexLabTools.esp
 81 51     sl_triggers.esp
 82 52     ChillPill.esp
 83 53     The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
 84 54     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
254 FE  11 KSHairdosSMP.esp
 85 55     SL Deadly Drain.esp
 86 56     SexLabMatchMaker.esp
 87 57     SLAnimLoader.esp
254 FE  12 Newm-Vyx Belly and Ankle Chains SE.esp
 88 58     RaceMenu.esp
 89 59     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 90 5a     CBBE.esp
 91 5b     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 92 5c     UIExtensions.esp
 93 5d     The Manipulator.esp
 94 5e     DrunkenDragon.esp
 95 5f     SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
 96 60     My Home Is Your Home.esp
254 FE  13 High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources.esp
 97 61     High Poly Head Vampire Fix.esp
 98 62     SpellTomeResurrectDead.esp
 99 63     SOSRaceMenu.esp
100 64     HentaiCreatures.esp
101 65     AddItemMenuSE.esp
102 66     FNIS.esp
103 67     FNISspells.esp
104 68     XPMSE.esp
105 69     MilkyObj.esp
106 6a     Weather Spell SSE.esp
254 FE  14 Gotobed.esp
107 6b     Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp
108 6c     Immersive Jewelry.esp
254 FE  15 Immersive Jewelry_CCOR_Patch.esp
254 FE  16 Cloaks_CCOR_Patch.esp
254 FE  17 1nivWICCloaks_COS_CCOR_Patch.esp
109 6d     Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
110 6e     Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
111 6f     EFFDialogue.esp
112 70     RDO - EFF v4.0.2 Patch.esp
113 71     TTR_Master_Trader_20x.esp
114 72     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
115 73     Prettier Bandits.esp
254 FE  18 Bathing in Skyrim SE - Alternate Start.esp
116 74     WACCF_BashedPatchLvlListFix.esp
117 75     Bashed Patch, 1.esp
118 76     Bashed Patch, 0.esp
119 77     DynDOLOD.esp

If I could request any feature it would a toggle for the spam about status changes in the top left of my screen. If this is already in, its not apparent to me.,

Thanks for the mod and I hope I can help see it come to fruition.

Edited by Ragsinn
cooties

The new arousal system sounds interesting.

Thought looking just at the description, if one actor is frequently in sex scenes, they would have a high Baseline Arousal, thus also high Current Arousal and thus high Libido, meaning they would quickly orgasm again.

If it works like that in-game, it is intended? Or does orgasm also decreases Libido?

Came back to report that the WetFunctionRedux mod seems to working for me again after downloading the update.  I'm running a setup around the OStim series of mods, and installed your updated mod in an existing game, and disabled OAroused (so that could be a consideration).  However, OComfort stopped working.

Also, when I toggled the arousal display bars in the MCM to on, then ended a scene, the female one persisted and did not go away.

One big conceptual issue with OSL:

All Aroused versions are designed in such way that actors arousal (specifically - NPC) is meant to constantly raise and trigger some sort of events on certain levels of arousal, would that be charming with SLEN or approaching player from SL Approach Redux. OSL doesn't have such mechanic and it is meant to keep all arousals at 0 by default. This is a really major flaw that stops some mods from working as intended, which needs to be dealt with for the sake of backward compatibility.

Suggestion of an easy solution: add some configurable values that define initial and target arousal for NPCs , so they don't stay at 0. Something like "Baseline 35, value spread +-20 from baseline, probably so that they constanly fluctuate and it is possible to see both calm and super horny actors in the game.

Also, the whole point of EroticArmor is to increase arousal of those who observe armor with such keyword, which I assume is not the case with OSL. It is probably suffice if OSL accounted it and inflicted short-term arousal growth on onlookers. Should be noted, that a few followers with erotic armor will cause a never-ending aroused mess of a player team, so effect mitigation would probably be good to consider.

Thanks for a great mod. It works better than normal  SlAroused. But can you disable the notification on the screen? Kind of spoiler alert how many enemies is around when you enter a banditcamp etc...plus it's a littebit annoying enter the big holds city's, whole leftside of sceen filled with how each npc setting is. Looking forward to next update, thanks

On 3/18/2022 at 6:06 PM, Someone92 said:

The new arousal system sounds interesting.

Thought looking just at the description, if one actor is frequently in sex scenes, they would have a high Baseline Arousal, thus also high Current Arousal and thus high Libido, meaning they would quickly orgasm again.

If it works like that in-game, it is intended? Or does orgasm also decreases Libido?

Hmm So the intention of baseline/libido is for "longer term" arousal change based off time. As a new mechanic over the "Constant Gain" from old sla system. So you will gain arousal up to the baseline threshold over time (or reduce arousal if baseline is below arousal). 

For "Shorter Term" manipulation like during a scene, current arousal is more determined by the "Direct" arousal manipulation through other mods or stage change/orgasm events.
So for example, by default orgasm causes -50 arousal value, and stage changes gives +3. Mods like SLSO also heavily manipulate arousal if you use those. So even though your "baseline arousal" is 50, that just represents what arousal wants to normalize too over time, but not a limit in either direction. So example if you have 84 arousal and orgasm, your arousal is set back down to 34. Ignoring any other mods your arousal would want to slowly move back up towards your baseline 50 (so likely over a few real-world minutes), however in practice changing scenes and SLSO will increase arousal back up high much quicker. Or say you get up to 52 and orgasm again, arousal is back down to 2, and will slowly raise again.

This is more or less the theory of the system so likely a lot of kinks to work out, but important to note that things like libido/baseline isn't a restriction on the arousal, but rather a target for "longer term" arousal change. So less likely to be relevant during "Events" [where arousal is more driven by direct arousal gain/loss from mods] and more driving your arousal in the "lulls" between events/adventuring.

22 hours ago, BreadDain said:

One big conceptual issue with OSL:

All Aroused versions are designed in such way that actors arousal (specifically - NPC) is meant to constantly raise and trigger some sort of events on certain levels of arousal, would that be charming with SLEN or approaching player from SL Approach Redux. OSL doesn't have such mechanic and it is meant to keep all arousals at 0 by default. This is a really major flaw that stops some mods from working as intended, which needs to be dealt with for the sake of backward compatibility.

Suggestion of an easy solution: add some configurable values that define initial and target arousal for NPCs , so they don't stay at 0. Something like "Baseline 35, value spread +-20 from baseline, probably so that they constanly fluctuate and it is possible to see both calm and super horny actors in the game.

Also, the whole point of EroticArmor is to increase arousal of those who observe armor with such keyword, which I assume is not the case with OSL. It is probably suffice if OSL accounted it and inflicted short-term arousal growth on onlookers. Should be noted, that a few followers with erotic armor will cause a never-ending aroused mess of a player team, so effect mitigation would probably be good to consider.

I think important to consider the PC and NPC aspect as related but 2 distinct "problems" that need to be solved. I definately focused more on PC side and there are issues with NPC arousal like you mentioned that I need to address.

At a high level, Mods expect arousal to be at certain values to do things. HIstorically since arousal just always raised over time, you could just stand in place and wait long enough for your arousal to get to that threshold. (Same applies to NPCS).

The main distinction with new version of osl is arousal doesnt constantly rise but rather rise based off circumstances that should rise arousal. So if your not near scenes/nude/etc... your arousal will just remain at your baseline (so likely 0-20 depending on circumstance).

I will be adding an option to replicate the constant rise of arousal over time similar to how it works in old system as a "simple" solution to this.

As far as your suggestion that is somewhat doable with current version (you just need to set on individual actors by selecting them and editing in MCM). If you set the actors Libido, that is equivalent to setting there "Baseline" just doesnt have that variance you mentioned so not a good solution but its something.

What I need to do is more robust "Seeding" of NPCs as far as having higher variance of initial values for things like Libido/baseline and arousal (Since right now its around 0 so everything is low arousal so you need to more or less cause events to raise there arousal).

So I think there is a few options as far is improvements/features that can address the issues you mention.

RE: EroticArmor, yeah I can add that ability since largely same logic as arousal gain from viewing Nude actors. (Just check for eroticarmor keyword instead of no chest armor). Since this type of functionality impacts the "Baseline", that kind of never-ending arousal gain shouldnt be an issue since it doesnt constantly increase arousal, but rather increases the overal "target arousal". Ex if its configured to arousal value 30, viewing erotic armor increases the value arousal wants to normalize to by 30. so any actors nearby will have there arousal rise up to that threshold, so will arouse less aroused actors but wont infinitely arouse already aroused actors (who will need additional arousing things to stack on top to increase the overall threshold).

I realize that this is all relatively complicated and confusing. My hope is that from initial feedback/observations can refine how things work, focus on what works and what doesn't, so that it will become more intuitive and players don't need to think about how the overall system works and it kind of "just works" for the majority of cases.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, sexlabschlong said:

Came back to report that the WetFunctionRedux mod seems to working for me again after downloading the update.  I'm running a setup around the OStim series of mods, and installed your updated mod in an existing game, and disabled OAroused (so that could be a consideration).  However, OComfort stopped working.

Also, when I toggled the arousal display bars in the MCM to on, then ended a scene, the female one persisted and did not go away.

Now LOOT is telling me that I have a normal plugin and light plugin sharing the same FE load order whenever WetFunctionRedux in in the lineup with OSL Aroused.  It didn't tell me that a few days ago...

Deactivating OSL Aroused and activating OAroused in its place caused no warning from LOOT.

Edited by sexlabschlong
6 minutes ago, sexlabschlong said:

Now LOOT is telling me that I have a normal plugin and light plugin sharing the same FE load order whenever WetFunctionRedux in in the lineup with OSL Aroused.  It didn't tell me that a few days ago...

Deactivating OSL Aroused and activating OAroused in its place caused no warning from LOOT.

Idk anything about WetFunctionRedux, but I know it's highly unusual for plugins to do that, and I've used OSL Arousal with over a thousand different mods the past month and never seen it. Something fishy might be going on with how WFR dictates to your mod manager where it must be placed.
So it's quite simple. You need to change the FE Load Order number or manually. Assign its index yourself if two plugins are sharing the same load order number.

I uninstalled SLAroused redux, but there is still sexlabarosed.esm in my plugins list, I thought that was the stub mentioned in a comment somewhere that is needed to make mods that use SLaroused redux compatible, but then when I started the game, I got a notification of a non OAroused arousal.esm. So I disabled the sexlabaroused.esm, but then all the mods using SLaroused redux notified of missing masters.  

Works great and seems a lot faster. Having problems getting OStim linked into it for now. Had to start a new game for things to work proper and read SL and Ostim. I can't overstate how amazing this whole idea is and how much of a quality of life improvement it is, using SLAL SE with OSLAroused and some mixed addons.

I'm running quite a few. Notably, Fill Her Up Baka, Defeat, Simple Slavery, Advanced Cum Stages ( On SL side) and now also OSA, OStim, OAhegao, OJazz (and OAlign but have to test haha) Though Im not sure what is excessive in this configuration. I feel like Ostim should want to run with just OSL Aroused and OStimLab EventBridge. (NVM it does, going to try to scrape OSA off next) Will play around some more and keep the bugs and updates on this one post nice and condensed

Getting a weird Ostim - Load registrations not ready in console and then onscreen it reads "Ostim - not ready or not installed" ( only when the arrow keys are pressed)  But OJazz/Ahegao seems fine, which is bizzarre... OSA maybe?  Confirmed to be Oalign causing those messages.

OSA seems to be a hard requirement for OStim and the above mentioned addons.

Edited by ithinkimst0ned
14 hours ago, ithinkimst0ned said:

Works great and seems a lot faster. Having problems getting OStim linked into it for now. Had to start a new game for things to work proper and read SL and Ostim.

Wanted to go ahead and ask  what if any benefit would be to running OSL Aroused and OstimLab together. How universal is that setup and what mods could you run in theory? I'm running quite a few. Notably, Fill Her Up Baka, Defeat, Simple Slavery, Advanced Cum Stages ( On SL side) and now also OSA, OStim, (Hopefully OJazz haha) Though Im not sure what is excessive in this configuration. I feel like Ostim should want to run with just OSL Aroused and OStimLab EventBridge. Will test some more.

OStimLab and OSL Aroused have different purposes.

OSL Aroused is an arousal framework. It provides a replacement for both SL Aroused and OAroused. So whether your using SL, OStim, or both, its your best option for arousal mod. Because it replaces both, its compatible with mods that use either one of those frameworks. So your sla based mods should still work, and oaroused mods should still work.

OStimLab makes OStim trigger Sexlab "Mod Events" (Ie internal events, not trigger actual sl scenes). This means that Mods that react to sexlab scenes, will also react to OStim scenes. Ex. Orgasm in ostim scene will notify Fill Her Up (as if it was a sl scene orgasming). So allows mods like SLACS and FillHerUp to support ostim scenes. It requires you to have both OStim *and* sexlab running

Edited by ozooma10

Seeing as this mod doesn't require you to install SL Aroused, I'm gonna have to start a new game. Oof, currently almost 4 hours in my current character. Would uninstalling SL Aroused and installing this mod mid-save break a lot of things. I believe it would, but I'm going to ask anyway. My current mods are SL, SL Aroused, SL Romance for the dialogue options, OStim, SL Animation Loader, SL Tool, and SLATE or SL Animation Tag Editor I think is the full name. Your mod would be able to cover all of these I take it? Frankly, I don't really use the arousal feature even in SL Aroused mainly due to the scripting and save bloating it causes. I turn arousal off whenever I start a new game. I just have the mod so my other mods work. From your description it looks like this mod would cut back on a lot of the scripting and performance impact.

Edited by topgun97
47 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

OStimLab and OSL Aroused have different purposes.

OSL Aroused is an arousal framework. It provides a replacement for both SL Aroused and OAroused. So whether your using SL, OStim, or both, its your best option for arousal mod. Because it replaces both, its compatible with mods that use either one of those frameworks. So your sla based mods should still work, and oaroused mods should still work.

OStimLab makes OStim trigger Sexlab "Mod Events" (Ie internal events, not trigger actual sl scenes). This means that Mods that react to sexlab scenes, will also react to OStim scenes. Ex. Orgasm in ostim scene will notify Fill Her Up (as if it was a sl scene orgasming). So allows mods like SLACS and FillHerUp to support ostim scenes. It requires you to have both OStim *and* sexlab running

Thanks for clarifying that makes a lot more sense.

1 hour ago, topgun97 said:

Seeing as this mod doesn't require you to install SL Aroused, I'm gonna have to start a new game. Oof, currently almost 4 hours in my current character. Would uninstalling SL Aroused and installing this mod mid-save break a lot of things. I believe it would, but I'm going to ask anyway. My current mods are SL, SL Aroused, SL Romance for the dialogue options, OStim, SL Animation Loader, SL Tool, and SLATE or SL Animation Tag Editor I think is the full name. Your mod would be able to cover all of these I take it? Frankly, I don't really use the arousal feature even in SL Aroused mainly due to the scripting and save bloating it causes. I turn arousal off whenever I start a new game. I just have the mod so my other mods work. From your description it looks like this mod would cut back on a lot of the scripting and performance impact.

Generally You should be able to add mid save. Arousal would be reset since uses completely different storage method. (Also you would still have some junk from old sl aroused install that might linger around). Especially with your small SL-related mod list i wouldn't expect any major issues.

No harm in trying to load existing saves and if you run into issues then fallback to starting new save.

So wow I can't even fully name all the O mods that work with this so far. OStim Anniversary,Ocum,Osearch,Oprostitution,Ovirginity,Osex,OJazz,OAhegao,ORomance,Ocrime. I've had to give up on ODefeat/OAlign working but O-Well..haha

So far I've noticed something odd going on between Baka's Defeat and Fill Her Up Baka. No Cum seems to get registered and I get the odd CTD but the decals are applied just fine. Can't tell if it's something to do with not using Baka's arousal module or -maybe- Advanced Cum stages so I'll get back to you on that hopefully with some more specifics. Terrific job again on everything ozooma