What Areas Should be Looked at?  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What Areas need to be looked at more?

• Better Naked/Armor Slot handling/configuration (IE armors that do not use body slot that should prevent nudity)
    • Creature Handling
    • Nearby NPC arousal Updating over time (Or appearingly not updating)
    • Other (Leave a Comment)

This looks amazing, great work.

I think the big thing missing from other arousal implementations is that actor arousal drops to 0 just after orgasm, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. Arousal should increase during sex and after orgasm, but quickly fall after sex, then start increasing more slowly as the actor is "frustrated" or something. This could be done by tracking a rate of change over time for arousal - sex should increase arousal but decrease the rate of change (making it negative). Exposure or time since orgasm should increase the rate of change. Maybe this is easier to do in a more efficient implementation.

FYI, if you look in the devious devices source files, you'll see that it actually directly manipulates the internal storageutil data for SLA in some cases because the API is too slow. Unfortunately that probably means your replacement is partially incompatible without a patch to this function in zadLibs.psc.

Function UpdateExposure(actor akRef, float val, bool skipMultiplier=false)
	If (akRef == None)
		Error("UpdateExposure passed none reference.")
		return
	EndIf
	float lastRank = Aroused.GetActorExposure(akRef)
	Log("UpdateExposure("+akRef+","+val+","+skipMultiplier+")")
	if skipMultiplier
		; This function is very slow, and sometimes hangs for multiple seconds (Seen 10+). Directly access internals as a work-around.
		; Aroused.SetActorExposure(akRef, (lastRank + val + 1) as Int)
		float newVal = lastRank + val
		if newVal > 100
			newVal = 100
		EndIf
		StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(akRef, "SLAroused.ActorExposure", newVal)
		StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(akRef, "SLAroused.ActorExposureDate", Utility.GetCurrentGameTime())
	Else
		float rate = Aroused.GetActorExposureRate(akRef)
		int newRank = (lastRank + (val as float) * rate) as int	
		Aroused.SetActorExposure(akRef, newRank)
	EndIf
EndFunction

30 minutes ago, modball said:

Very nice. Would definitely like to test an SE build.

Yeah I figured lots of people are still on SE. Need to add support for SE in build system and get it running locally, but will try and have a version ready in the next day or two

21 minutes ago, DayTri said:

This looks amazing, great work.

I think the big thing missing from other arousal implementations is that actor arousal drops to 0 just after orgasm, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. Arousal should increase during sex and after orgasm, but quickly fall after sex, then start increasing more slowly as the actor is "frustrated" or something. This could be done by tracking a rate of change over time for arousal - sex should increase arousal but decrease the rate of change (making it negative). Exposure or time since orgasm should increase the rate of change. Maybe this is easier to do in a more efficient implementation.

FYI, if you look in the devious devices source files, you'll see that it actually directly manipulates the internal storageutil data for SLA in some cases because the API is too slow. Unfortunately that probably means your replacement is partially incompatible without a patch to this function in zadLibs.psc.

Interesting Ideas! Yeah definately a lot of potential for improvements to the algorithm. Ive largely been focused on getting the foundation of the system in, but want to start thinking about the overall arousal mechanics and improvements that can be made over existing mechanics.

Yikes yeah not sure how i missed that. I saw that SLS and YPS do similar direct StorageUtil manipulation in certain places, but deemed those more "Fringe" features that have low impact. Wanted to try and avoid any explicit patches.

zadlibs, and some of the features that make use of that updateexposure method are pretty fundamental, so yeah I think a patch will be necessary. Looks like a lot of the plug/chastity related arousal manipulation wont work until then.  Thanks for catching this!

Edited by ozooma10

Waiting for SE to test. In the meantime ...
I assume we only need to install those stubs actually required by our load order (i.e. if I only use SL I only need to SexlabAroused.esm ... and the scripts of course)?

Perhaps it would also be possible to provide two version of the stubs a regular one as drop in for existing games and an esl flagged one for new games to save that slot?
Finally will your version support the Baka keywords?

16 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Waiting for SE to test. In the meantime ...
I assume we only need to install those stubs actually required by our load order (i.e. if I only use SL I only need to SexlabAroused.esm ... and the scripts of course)?

Perhaps it would also be possible to provide two version of the stubs a regular one as drop in for existing games and an esl flagged one for new games to save that slot?
Finally will your version support the Baka keywords?

SE version should land soon. I primarly dev/use AE so not going to be as tested but 99% same code, just different build so hopefully no funky issues.

In regards to the stubs, Its definately safest to keep everything enabled, since there is no heavy scripts or anything in them, so if they arent used they just sit completely idle. You should be able to disable the esm/esp if you dont have any mods that use those frameworks. I havent tested that too much so will do some testing and make sure it all works as expected, But the core functionality is all within the OSL Aroused module/scripts, so shouldnt break anything.

I currently only support bakas "EroticArmor" keyword which should cover triggering events for those mods. Ill add in additional keywords since there is request for that. 

Well done! Over time I'm hoping for similar improvements to the arousal system as SLAX. Namely a setting for minimum time rate and simulation for NPC sexual activity (random orgasm history is generated when they load in based on time passed). The vanilla SLA algorithm is badly designed in regards to NPCs and will over time result in many permanently 0 arousal NPCs and maximum arousal for both the player and those who they bone.

17 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

Do I need both OAroused and OSLAroused if I only use SexLab?

You only need OSL Aroused. 
Do not install SL Aroused or OAroused.

This mod is a replacement for SL Aroused (and OAroused)

This mod has no dependencies on SexLab, OStim, or any other arousal mod. 

If SL/OStim is not installed, the adapter for the given framework is not loaded and will not run any relevant integration. 

Simply by having sexlab installed, OSL Aroused will detect it and automatically enable its Sexlab Integration. (And same for OStim)

So for example, your load order can be any of the following:

OSL Aroused
Sexlab, OSL Aroused
OStim, OSL Aroused
Sexlab, OStim, OSL Aroused

15 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

I mean the two .esp it comes with, OAroused.esp and OSLAroused.esp.

Yes, in that case you should be able to disable OAroused.esp

OSLAroused.esp is required as that is the core of this mod (SexlabAroused.esm is just a stub that redirects external mod requests to OSLAroused.esp)

This sounds fantastic. Sadly I won't have much time for playing the next few weeks. I hope you will stick with this mod and find some good feedback. I would really like a modern version of SLA/X and bringing different frameworks closer together is always a good thing. 

11 hours ago, DayTri said:

I think the big thing missing from other arousal implementations is that actor arousal drops to 0 just after orgasm, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. Arousal should increase during sex and after orgasm, but quickly fall after sex

Hmm interesting, at first I thought if I were having sex and achieved orgasm would I still be aroused? The answer is probably not but what if I was 100 years younger? Then maybe I would still be aroused enough for "another round". So I'd say that older peeps arousal will decrease after orgasm to green levels or 0 , exception to this is if they are a sex maniac/high libido (younger virile peeps would decrease more slowly rather than dropping to zero). If that makes sense?

I gave this a short drive on 1.5.97, only using the Aroused .esm.  Installed in mid-game and that game loaded.  SLEN and SLAC worked as expected.  MME also worked.  I haven't had an Approach event happen yet.  I'll keep using this to see if anything comes up and keep an eye on script latency using Elephant's latence checker.

Good work so far.

Just tested for about an hour on SE, seemed to work well enough. The keyword management seems a bit strange though. I expected to be able to mark worn/carried armors for the provided erotic armor and sls_bikiniarmor, the search seems to find only jewelry though, like the Gold Diamond Necklace, but fails to turn up any of the armor I'm wearing or carrying.

Also it overrides two scripts from Radiant Prostitution. Didn't get to check if that makes a discernible difference to that mods function, might be worth investigating though as it's a fairly common mod.

Last but not least any reason you did not ESL flag the oslaroused.esp?

1 hour ago, Nosimo said:

New game required? tried to replace SLAX with this and immediate CTD when trying to load a save (AE)

New game isnt strictly required, but i would advise it since the way the underlying arousal data stored is completely different, the save will still have any clutter from the old install of SL Aroused. You can try cleaning from SLA before switching over but i'm not sure how reliable that is.

I think safest way would be to do clean/uninstall from old SLA MCM if available. 
Remove old SLA, then clean save (To ensure that none of the old SLA scripts are still running / in bad state)

then install OSLAroused.

In regard to crash:  Do you get a crash when starting new game?

Do you mind sending me over Papyrus.log?

Also do you mind trying:

Keep OSL Aroused Enabled

Keep SLAX enabled (And overwritting all of osl) 

See if still crashes

Purpose of this is to see if its potentially related to the SexLabAroused.esm stub missing something that your save is trying to load.

42 minutes ago, perrymwt said:

I haven't had an Approach event happen yet. 

Are you using the Keyword Assignment feature, or did you previously add keywords to form? You can check keywords section of OSLAroused MCM to double check the EroticArmor keyword is assigned (assuming thats the keyword you use for approach events)

10 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Just tested for about an hour on SE, seemed to work well enough. The keyword management seems a bit strange though. I expected to be able to mark worn/carried armors for the provided erotic armor and sls_bikiniarmor, the search seems to find only jewelry though, like the Gold Diamond Necklace, but fails to turn up any of the armor I'm wearing or carrying.

Also it overrides two scripts from Radiant Prostitution. Didn't get to check if that makes a discernible difference to that mods function, might be worth investigating though as it's a fairly common mod.

Last but not least any reason you did not ESL flag the oslaroused.esp?

RE: Keywords: How many items do you have in your inventory? How many armors? Way logic works is loops through items on player and generates list of up to 128 armor. If you have more armor pieces then that will likely cause issues. Ill do some testing with different inventory states, but if you can describe some of the armors that arnt showing i can take a look.

That being said im not thrilled with how the list works now so going to revisit it at some point.

Thanks for the heads up about Radiant Prostitution, I'll take a look at what changes radiant makes and make sure those are accounted for if it makes sense.

No reason I can think of, So likely can make it an ESL.

Edited by ozooma10
38 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

RE: Keywords: How many items do you have in your inventory? How many armors? Way logic works is loops through items on player and generates list of up to 128 armor. If you have more armor pieces then that will likely cause issues. Ill do some testing with different inventory states, but if you can describe some of the armors that arnt showing i can take a look.

Nowhere close to that, but I got it to work now. For some odd reason a broken* DD collar seems to have blocked recognition of almost all items. After removing the collar from my inventory, the search works fine now.
*Broken in as far as it was forcefully unequipped by Sky UI, since I had it still set to unequip armor before equipping a new set. DD items do not react well to that.

Just getting started with testing SE version but have not had any luck with existing saves, even after c;leaning/purging old SLA. Even those neglected PC's still awaiting a life outside the abandoned prison, all old saves CTD or freeze on black screen. Can provide NetScriptFramework log if you think it might be useful.

New game loads up fine with the same MO2 mod profile. ABBA. ABMM, BWA, DWA and SLSO seem to be working great but SLEN (a must) and Further Lovers Comfort (not sure I even use this) are failing as their MCM menu entries do not populate and papyrus output shows a lot of "Unable to link type of variable" and "Unable to link types associated with function" errors.

Particularly with ABBA, it's easy to see the improvement in response times to arousal changes.

Very promising mod you have here!

11 minutes ago, modball said:

Just getting started with testing SE version but have not had any luck with existing saves, even after c;leaning/purging old SLA. Even those neglected PC's still awaiting a life outside the abandoned prison, all old saves CTD or freeze on black screen. Can provide NetScriptFramework log if you think it might be useful.

New game loads up fine with the same MO2 mod profile. ABBA. ABMM, BWA, DWA and SLSO seem to be working great but SLEN (a must) and Further Lovers Comfort (not sure I even use this) are failing as their MCM menu entries do not populate and papyrus output shows a lot of "Unable to link type of variable" and "Unable to link types associated with function" errors.

Particularly with ABBA, it's easy to see the improvement in response times to arousal changes.

Very promising mod you have here!

Do you mind sending over papyrus/netscriptframework logs for when you try and load an existing save that CTD?

I will check out SLEN and Further Lovers and see whats up. What mod is ABBA?

15 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

Do you mind sending over papyrus/netscriptframework logs for when you try and load an existing save that CTD?

I will check out SLEN and Further Lovers and see whats up. What mod is ABBA?

I think SLEN was my problem on the other save, if doesn't seem to be hooking into your version of arousal.    Resaver  says 2 script instances whose data is missing SLENAnimationFactory and SLENMCMScript, doesn't CTD on a new save but SLEN just doesn't properly startup.    Can get you logs tomorrow night if you still need them.  I believe abba is arousal based breast adjuster