What Areas Should be Looked at?  

1,069 members have voted

1. 1. What Areas need to be looked at more?

• Better Naked/Armor Slot handling/configuration (IE armors that do not use body slot that should prevent nudity)
    • Creature Handling
    • Nearby NPC arousal Updating over time (Or appearingly not updating)
    • Other (Leave a Comment)

On 3/21/2022 at 12:36 AM, LynErso666 said:

Idk anything about WetFunctionRedux, but I know it's highly unusual for plugins to do that, and I've used OSL Arousal with over a thousand different mods the past month and never seen it. Something fishy might be going on with how WFR dictates to your mod manager where it must be placed.
So it's quite simple. You need to change the FE Load Order number or manually. Assign its index yourself if two plugins are sharing the same load order number.

Thanks for the feedback, but not so simple for me maybe (more of an art person that computer science person).  I guess you may be referring to SSEdit for assigning indices?  Maybe its time I learn how to use it.  If you (or anyone) could provide a link on how this is done, that would be nice.

As far as the FE load order thing in LOOT, it happens to me a lot.  I guess its because I try a lot of different mod combinations.  I usually end up having to just choose one over the other.   I gotten away with using LOOT almost exclusively so far (instead of what sounds like the better way--SSEdit), and have gotten up to 567 active plugins (224 esps).   I usually don't finish an entire game before something goes awry, though I get further along each time.

Anyhow, I'm mostly giving my feedback in hopes it helps the author....and that maybe there might be a fix in a future update.   

The interesting thing is that the last update got WetFunction to work again, but Ocomfort's MCM stopped working, even though the conflict seems to be with WetFunction.  If the feedback isn't helpful, let me know.  I'm not trying to pressure anyone.

3 minutes ago, sexlabschlong said:

Thanks for the feedback, but not so simple for me maybe (more of an art person that computer science person).  I guess you may be referring to SSEdit for assigning indices?  Maybe its time I learn how to use it.  If you (or anyone) could provide a link on how this is done, that would be nice.

As far as the FE load order thing in LOOT, it happens to me a lot.  I guess its because I try a lot of different mod combinations.  I usually end up having to just choose one over the other.   I gotten away with using LOOT almost exclusively so far (instead of what sounds like the better way--SSEdit), and have gotten up to 567 active plugins (224 esps).   I usually don't finish an entire game before something goes awry, though I get further along each time.

Anyhow, I'm mostly giving my feedback in hopes it helps the author....and that maybe there might be a fix in a future update.   

The interesting thing is that the last update got WetFunction to work again, but Ocomfort's MCM stopped working, even though the conflict seems to be with WetFunction.  If the feedback isn't helpful, let me know.  I'm not trying to pressure anyone.

Not sure theres much i can do for MCM not showing up issues. I would suspect its some SkyUI funkyness with how they handle mods, especially if it happens on existing saves.

As far as the LOOT issue, ive seen that when you are trying to load an esp into 255 slot (which is what the lite esl flagged plugins use). esms can also take a load order slot. (so just couting esps isnt accurate). Easiest way is to look in your mod organizer and see if a non-esl mod is using slot FE (255) whats the highest mod index in your list. If your using Mod Organizer, you can order ModIndex column by ascending and get the highest before FE (ex in photo is B4 which is slot 180)

image.png.cbc49f76b27b539ba31dc0faf6c81d83.png

1 hour ago, ozooma10 said:

Not sure theres much i can do for MCM not showing up issues. I would suspect its some SkyUI funkyness with how they handle mods, especially if it happens on existing saves.

As far as the LOOT issue, ive seen that when you are trying to load an esp into 255 slot (which is what the lite esl flagged plugins use). esms can also take a load order slot. (so just couting esps isnt accurate). Easiest way is to look in your mod organizer and see if a non-esl mod is using slot FE (255) whats the highest mod index in your list. If your using Mod Organizer, you can order ModIndex column by ascending and get the highest before FE (ex in photo is B4 which is slot 180)

image.png.cbc49f76b27b539ba31dc0faf6c81d83.png

OK, so I did that, but am not sure how I know what "slot" its in.  If I go by "priority", its (gulp) 576.  Does rolling the mouse over the "active" count (big letters in the upper right of your graphic) give an accurate account?  If so, I am a little over because it says 259 ESMs+ESPs, and I need to fix that.  

I thought that WetFunction and OComfort worked when I had OAroused installed.  I did switch to your mod mid play, deactivating OAroused along the way.  Lemme go back to an old save and see if those two function, and get back to you.  I may just need to start a new game.  I probably added a few mods since I've started the game too.

41 minutes ago, sexlabschlong said:

OK, so I did that, but am not sure how I know what "slot" its in.  If I go by "priority", its (gulp) 576.  Does rolling the mouse over the "active" count (big letters in the upper right of your graphic) give an accurate account?  If so, I am a little over because it says 259 ESMs+ESPs, and I need to fix that.  

I thought that WetFunction and OComfort worked when I had OAroused installed.  I did switch to your mod mid play, deactivating OAroused along the way.  Lemme go back to an old save and see if those two function, and get back to you.  I may just need to start a new game.  I probably added a few mods since I've started the game too.

Ahh yeah you likely need to right on the table header and make sure "Mod Index" is checked (so that you can order by that rather than priority).

But yeah ESM+ESP is the number of "normal" mods (and needs to be bellow 255 [ie 254 or lower]). So that is likely your problem.  It possibly may explain why things randomly break. I would fix this first as its critical you do not overload modlist. Its also very likely that this may have broke some mods on your saves.

16 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

Ahh yeah you likely need to right on the table header and make sure "Mod Index" is checked (so that you can order by that rather than priority).

But yeah ESM+ESP is the number of "normal" mods (and needs to be bellow 255 [ie 254 or lower]). So that is likely your problem.  It possibly may explain why things randomly break. I would fix this first as its critical you do not overload modlist. Its also very likely that this may have broke some mods on your saves.

That appears to have fixed it.  I no longer get the "FE Load Order" warning from LOOT.  I also tried to remove mods to get down to the limit on my current game to see if I could recover it.  No dice.  So, I restarted a game and it seemed to run fine (though I haven't left the Inn from the Alternate Perspective mod yet). 

I'll come back if a problem arises again to try and aid the mod development.  But clearly it was the fault of my mod list and not your mod.  Now I'll try adding in DAR Aroused Idles, which depend on sexlab aroused normally, and see if they mix with Ostim.  Since they ran at one point, I expect it to work in conjunction with WetFunction.

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, sexlabschlong said:

Oh, and I came across this guy doing a video on how to ESL your ESPs in SSEdit.  If you mess it up, you just go back to an old save and redownload the mod.

6 hours ago, sexlabschlong said:

That appears to have fixed it.  I no longer get the "FE Load Order" warning from LOOT.  I also tried to remove mods to get down to the limit on my current game to see if I could recover it.  No dice.  So, I restarted a game and it seemed to run fine (though I haven't left the Inn from the Alternate Perspective mod yet). 

I'll come back if a problem arises again to try and aid the mod development.  But clearly it was the fault of my mod list and not your mod.  Now I'll try adding in DAR Aroused Idles, which depend on sexlab aroused normally, and see if they mix with Ostim.  Since they ran at one point, I expect it to work in conjunction with WetFunction.

Thanks for your help.

Yayyyy! So glad it worked out for you. Weird stuff tho. lol. I've never seen that happen before. I have like 80 of my 350 plugins in the FE slot right now. I assign crap there all the time. lol

Edited by LynErso666
11 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

Yayyyy! So glad it worked out for you. Weird stuff tho. lol. I've never seen that happen before. I have like 80 of my 350 plugins in the FE slot right now. I assign crap there all the time. lol

I think it just came down to me being over the ESP limit.  I got rid of a few, and viola!  Mods that were giving me the "FE load order" warning weren't any more.  So, that's what it means, I guess. I now know more about how ESMs and ESLs can impact the limit too.  Thanks for your feedback and help.

SUMMARY---------

for those who might find this helpful:

A simple rollover of the mouse over the active mod counter in Mod Organizer (the biggest number in the right panel area) shows the ESPs+ESMs that constitute your limit (not to exceed 255).  An FE Load order warning in LOOT seems to indicate that this limit has been exceeded.

5 hours ago, sexlabschlong said:

I think it just came down to me being over the ESP limit.  I got rid of a few, and viola!  Mods that were giving me the "FE load order" warning weren't any more.  So, that's what it means, I guess. I now know more about how ESMs and ESLs can impact the limit too.  Thanks for your feedback and help.

SUMMARY---------

for those who might find this helpful:

A simple rollover of the mouse over the active mod counter in Mod Organizer (the biggest number in the right panel area) shows the ESPs+ESMs that constitute your limit (not to exceed 255).  An FE Load order warning in LOOT seems to indicate that this limit has been exceeded.

Oh good stuff! Important for MO users too. Yes ESLs do impact the limit. I'm using near 800 mods now for this playthrough and if I install one more esl, my game does...really wild things I've never heard of before. Mods start installing like Sexlab on the main frickin menu as soon as I click New Game and then crashes. Weird right? If I install more espfes I'm totally fine tho. 19,000 animations in Nemesis can't be too healthy either. lol. But yeah weird crap happens when you're stretching the limit I guess.

Wow i am big dumb, there is a major bug where arousal does not fall post SL scene if you dont have SLSO installed (rather it rises). The orgasm check i run i thought was native to Sexlab, but is added by SLSO, so it thinks you didnt orgasm and increases arousal. 

Going to release a patch ASAP where you just set the arousal change on scene end for if actor orgasmed, and if actor didnt orgasm. (So in case of no-slso, it would always and only use the no-orgasm value).

Also in regards to version naming.... yeah I realize its kind of comical that it went from v 0.1 to v 2.0.... the arousal mechanic changes were big enough for "Major Version" and rather then just be in a perpetual state of 0.X (realistically it would never exit 0.X haha) just have it be a normal version number. Using terms like "Alpha" and "Beta" etc... are largely useless... since the latest version will always be "alpha". When i move the "minor version" number (ex. 2.0.2 -> 2.1.0) indicates a "bigger" change that possibly has some stability implications. Then the hot fixes (ex. 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2) are smaller changes, mostly bug/stability fixes.

14 hours ago, ozooma10 said:

Wow i am big dumb, there is a major bug where arousal does not fall post SL scene if you dont have SLSO installed (rather it rises). The orgasm check i run i thought was native to Sexlab, but is added by SLSO, so it thinks you didnt orgasm and increases arousal. 

Going to release a patch ASAP where you just set the arousal change on scene end for if actor orgasmed, and if actor didnt orgasm. (So in case of no-slso, it would always and only use the no-orgasm value).

Also in regards to version naming.... yeah I realize its kind of comical that it went from v 0.1 to v 2.0.... the arousal mechanic changes were big enough for "Major Version" and rather then just be in a perpetual state of 0.X (realistically it would never exit 0.X haha) just have it be a normal version number. Using terms like "Alpha" and "Beta" etc... are largely useless... since the latest version will always be "alpha". When i move the "minor version" number (ex. 2.0.2 -> 2.1.0) indicates a "bigger" change that possibly has some stability implications. Then the hot fixes (ex. 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2) are smaller changes, mostly bug/stability fixes.

Versioning is always whack. At least you change it at all so we know. You're doing amazing.

So THAT'S what was wrong with OSL. lol. Peeps keep asking me about it and I always say, "Yeah use it, just use SLSO. I can't cause it's too incompatible with my stuff." but I guess I don't need to say that anymore. lol. I use without SLSO and it is really whack how I have to set my arousal down all the time. But thank you so much for fixing that.

I did however like how fast it made NPC arousal go up. But as of 2.0.3. with the Libido system I'm sure that will function much better. I was praying to Dibella you'd make some way of controlling arousal globally and you did it, beautifully I might add. I don't know if it's reccomended,  but I updated mid-save and my mods that depend on Arousal are all functioning much better than ever. Well bloody done.

And again! thank you. You're doing really amazing with this most ancient of Sexlab mods.

Edited by LynErso666

Say, is the Radiant Prostitution fix still working? While it's activated in the fomod and Vortex duly asks if I want to the OSL scripts to override the Radiant Prostitution ones, so it should be present, I can't get any customer to orgasm since the 2.x versions came out.

Edited by Talesien
10 hours ago, Talesien said:

Say, is the Radiant Prostitution fix still working? While it's activated in the fomod and Vortex duly asks if I want to the OSL scripts to override the Radiant Prostitution ones, so it should be present, I can't get any customer to orgasm since the 2.x versions came out.

OH NO that's my damn problem. Yeah I JUST noticed that. I gotta revert my OSL Version. Damn it.

Maybe not. Maybe I can overwrite OSL with Radiant Pros.. I'll try it and get back to you.

Edited by LynErso666
14 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

OH NO that's my damn problem. Yeah I JUST noticed that. I gotta revert my OSL Version. Damn it.

Maybe not. Maybe I can overwrite OSL with Radiant Pros.. I'll try it and get back to you.

Nah, bad idea. I'm going to try replacing the OSL mf handler scripts without replacing others.

1 hour ago, LynErso666 said:

Nah, bad idea. I'm going to try replacing the OSL mf handler scripts without replacing others.

Nah no OSL v2 is incompatible with Radiant Prostitution now. That sucks. I hope v2 is patched for it soon, cause I'm worried v2 will spell disaster for any mod relying on this. I thought this update would work for sure. it certainly looks amazing. having to do without the Libido system will suck, but having to go back nearly 100 hours because my save depends on OSL v2 sucks worse.

I wouldn't worry too much tho. I'm sure ozooma is already working on it. They're pretty amazing.

Edited by LynErso666

I tried v2 with SLSO even though I never ever wanted to use SLSO. lol. But no, a few of my mods like RDS, and Radiant Pros, will not work at all now. This whole satisfaction of npcs thing is just the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed. It makes Sexlab mods that were once just there and doable whenever you want to extremely demanding constant confrontations with situations that make you fail based on someone else's arousal. Just ridiculous. I'm definitely never trying it again even if it does work. I still couldn't get a single damn orgasm to register.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume, yeah, SLSO is highly incompatible with SLACS SSE remake, Sexlab Tools SE conversions, and Radiant Prostitution now as well. The files Radiant Pros used to rely on in SLSO have changed as well, so it's no longer supported. I'm just gonna have to stick with the old OSL Reborn. At least nearly everything worked perfectly. I really hope less mods keep coming out with SLSO support. Everytime a mod adds SLSO support, it gets REALLLY REALLY buggy and more and more terrifying to test and install.

Played around with this and it's great, super smooth. Much better and faster than previous SLA implementations IMHO and the mechanic itself makes more sense now.

There are two features which I think would make it even better:

1. If some of the options could be configured per-actor instead of globally. Not sure how possible this is. But in SLSO for example, victim arousal gain can vary per-actor by depending on the lewd stat from sexlab. This would be great, if we could use that stat or a similar stat to vary the arousal gains. I want to distinguish behavior between people who don't enjoy bondage (no baseline change) to those who do (full baseline gain).

2. Right now it's very hard to decrease libido. It would be good if there was some slow decay of libido that took place whenever it's exactly equal to baseline.

1 hour ago, sirgilly said:

Thanks, is there a list of problem mods with it yet?

None that I know of. It's ever-changing anyway, as OSL is still very actively developed.
The mod I know that is currently incompatible is Radiant Prostitution, though I expect it will get fixed soon.
There were a couple others mods mentioned in this thread, but I can't say if those are still incompatible or not as I don't use them.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, Nosimo said:

I think SLEN was my problem on the other save, if doesn't seem to be hooking into your version of arousal.    Resaver  says 2 script instances whose data is missing SLENAnimationFactory and SLENMCMScript, doesn't CTD on a new save but SLEN just doesn't properly startup.    Can get you logs tomorrow night if you still need them.  I believe abba is arousal based breast adjuster

Yeah if I were you I would try SLEN with v.0.1.4 of OSL Aroused on a new save and try that. Any version of OSL v2+ seems to break every mod that relies on satisfaction in some way. Idk why. But it does. I even tried using SLSO to force satisfaction, but that horribly incompatible mod ruined half the other mods I use and something still blocked enjoyment and satisfaction from having any effect on orgasms somehow, which is good, cause I defs don't wanna have to overcomplicate everything with SLSO, but I have used SLEN with v.0.1.4 OSL, and it worked fine. 

Great mod @ozooma10,

here some feed back from my current game:

It feels fast. I do not have any meassurements, but it feels faster.I replaced bakas version with version 2 without a new game. I hat do reinstall or restart some mods but it seems to work now.

the tools your mod offer to raise arousal seem not to work for me:

Actor Nude, or spectating another nude actor :

Participating in a sex scene, or spectating a sex scene: after some time playing (20 min or so) participating in a scene is for some reason allways active and spectaing a scene does not work any more.

Wearing Lewd Clothes (EroticArmor Keyword): I use TAWOBAE with the keawords patch, the used outfit shows the keywords active, if the item is chosen in the MCM or console, but the effect is not activating.

Wearing Devices (Devious Devices and TOYS support): wearing a collar (from Publik whore mod, a zaz item) but no effect. How is the device detected? a keyword?

Anyone same experiences? Any means to diagnose the problem?

Feature proposal:

I do not know, if it even make sense, but is it possible to implement the funktionality of the SLA Monitor  Widget?

Thanks for the great work!

cheers

6 minutes ago, monty359 said:

Great mod @ozooma10,

here some feed back from my current game:

It feels fast. I do not have any meassurements, but it feels faster.I replaced bakas version with version 2 without a new game. I hat do reinstall or restart some mods but it seems to work now.

the tools your mod offer to raise arousal seem not to work for me:

Actor Nude, or spectating another nude actor :

Participating in a sex scene, or spectating a sex scene: after some time playing (20 min or so) participating in a scene is for some reason allways active and spectaing a scene does not work any more.

Wearing Lewd Clothes (EroticArmor Keyword): I use TAWOBAE with the keawords patch, the used outfit shows the keywords active, if the item is chosen in the MCM or console, but the effect is not activating.

Wearing Devices (Devious Devices and TOYS support): wearing a collar (from Publik whore mod, a zaz item) but no effect. How is the device detected? a keyword?

Anyone same experiences? Any means to diagnose the problem?

Feature proposal:

I do not know, if it even make sense, but is it possible to implement the funktionality of the SLA Monitor  Widget?

Thanks for the great work!

cheers

I don't know about you're other mods but I get arousal from wearing devices. I customize that specific function in Devious Devices MCM tho, not OSL.

39 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

I don't know about you're other mods but I get arousal from wearing devices. I customize that specific function in Devious Devices MCM tho, not OSL.

i do not have DD only ZAZ 8. Usually i do not use the DD items. I used it only for testing purposses ( actually done the least testing with the collar). Do you have any of my other observations concerning other orousal raise options?