What Areas Should be Looked at?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Areas need to be looked at more?

• Better Naked/Armor Slot handling/configuration (IE armors that do not use body slot that should prevent nudity)
    • Creature Handling
    • Nearby NPC arousal Updating over time (Or appearingly not updating)
    • Other (Leave a Comment)

18 hours ago, ozooma10 said:

Does this happen in a new save?

Does this happen if you disable this mod?

Does this happen if you keep mod enabled but delete the dll (mod wont work properly but to test if fps issues persist).

A disable functionality is definitely worth adding. That being said It likely would not help with your issue (as it sounds), as there is no background papyrus script cloaks/interval based processing. And the SKSE side processing occurs during a single "frame" every 5 seconds by default (so there really shouldnt be any processing occuring that would eat framerate).

I would suspect either something is corrupt or there is some funkyness happening with multiple mods inteferring with each other. Place to start is to try steps above and see if game is stable after any of those.

Yes it happens on a new save.

I would love to tell you if it happens when I disable this mod. That's why I'm asking for a turn off button.

Turning off the mod in the mod manager is generally speaking a horrible idea which can cause corrupted saves and I can't really do it without also turning off all mods depending on it, which would make the measurement useless.

I can try deleting the dll but since I have no way to reliably trigger this, you can't really prove a negative.

Look, the symptoms feel like someone is holding a lock somewhere, and skse has a timeout and just gives up on saving after a few seconds of not getting the lock.

The framerate issue could be from another mod. Don't get bogged down by that.

The actual critical problem here is that I can't save the game and therefore always lose an hour of gameplay.

15 hours ago, Talesien said:

If it were OSL and just OSL, it stands to recon everyone would experience your issue, which isn't the case. As such OSL might be what causes the problem, but only in as far as it's the last link in this chain of events/bugs/interferences leading to it. Otherwise loads of other people should have the same problem, which is not the case, so we can assume it's unusual. Perhaps you are using a mod few people use or (more likely perhaps) you are using a certain combination of mods that put together, cause the problem

As for finding the root of your issue, I suggest following ozoomas steps. He certainly knows better how to troubleshoot issues involving his mod than me.

That's just like your opinion man.

Not every bug automatically triggers for everybody.

1 hour ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

Not every bug automatically triggers for everybody.

True, but there is a difference between it does not trigger for everyone and it does trigger only for one person and as far as I know you are the only one to report this kind of problem.

Yes I might be biased, but honestly I get something like that every week: "Hey I can't connect to the VPN, something must be faulty with the server. Did you try restarting your laptop and modem? No, why should I? It worked fine yesterday, I told you something must be wrong with the server." 27 of the 28 people out of office are connected to our VPN without a problem, one person can't, how likely is it to be a server problem?

16 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:
  • I know this would be a heavy lift, but it'd be really amazing if we could customise the arousal conditions separately for different characters.  For example, maybe the PC is shy and her arousal is negatively impacted by being naked, whereas her follower is an exhibitionist who gets turned on by being naked—or vice versa.
    • This could utilise a hotkey for actor selection like SexLab does.

If you do add any hotkeys, please also remember to include a mechanism for disabling them.  (Separate MCM "enable hotkey" checkboxes, clear the hotkey if it's set to Esc/Del, whatever.)  It always annoys me that SexLab/ZaZ have half a dozen hotkeys that (as far as I can tell) can't be disabled, so I just have to be careful to never accidentally hit them.

5 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

I would love to tell you if it happens when I disable this mod. That's why I'm asking for a turn off button.

I can try deleting the dll but since I have no way to reliably trigger this, you can't really prove a negative.

You can disable the mod by disabling the mod in your Load Order. If you replaced another version of sla with osl you can just renable that version for testing. ALthough preferable just to test with a new save. Then you can disable mods until the issue stops occuring.

A turn off button would likely not help your issue since there is nothing to turn off that would impact what you describe. You need to disable the mod.

If the issue is with SKSE saving then removing the dll is one way to test without disabling the mod, since then the dll will not load (and mod will be completely broken but then you can test) 

18 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

• For any mod that doesn't already have it, my number one feature wish is always an option to save MCM settings to a config file, and this one is no exception.  
  • I know this would be a heavy lift, but it'd be really amazing if we could customise the arousal conditions separately for different characters.  For example, maybe the PC is shy and her arousal is negatively impacted by being naked, whereas her follower is an exhibitionist who gets turned on by being naked—or vice versa.
    • This could utilise a hotkey for actor selection like SexLab does.
    • You could set default NPC behaviour, PC behaviour, and target actor behaviour.
  • Something I've always wanted from Arousal mods is the option to invert the XP gain (de)buffs for high/low arousal.  In some gameplay contexts with some modlists, it makes more sense to reward the player for managing to avoid sex rather than for managing to have it.  
  • Is Baseline Arousal Gains → Viewing Nude binary or compounding?  i.e., Is there a difference between viewing one nude actor and viewing several?  A toggle for this functionality would be nice, but more important is just clarifying what the current functionality is in the tooltip.  I entered this into my notes before catching up on this thread:

So, I think the best solution would be to have an MCM toggle for this behaviour, because different modlist contexts will be better served by different answers to this question.  But I'd argue that the default behaviour should be compounding arousal per naked actor.

• Ideally, this compounding would include some diminishing returns formula—each additional naked actor would add less arousal than the one before.  This would need some testing to fine tune the rate of diminishing returns.  

• Maybe better than an MCM toggle would actually be a slider from 0–100% for how much each subsequent actor contributes relative to the previous one.  

Thanks for feedback, some good ideas!

- Yeah setting Import/Export should be added

- Yeah a lot of the arousal manipulations and stat modifications I want to wrap within an trait/skill system (so different actors have different traits that drive gains/losses and how it impacts their other attributes [such as buffs/debuffs].) Then player can shape how there character reacts and NPCs can be seeded with values which change based off how player interacts with them. This is a large scope of work between design and development so not anytime soon.

- Currently its binary (same for viewing scenes) where anything > 0 will cause a static increase. Definately makes sense to have some kind of scale where more actors == more gain, need to think through how to best handle that. I think likely revisit it within context of larger "Baseline Manipulation" system that im working on to also expose the system to external mods. (Where as you mentioned different types of behavior between boolean yes/no (isNaked, inScene, inRain) vs accumulated values based off "quantity" of things (such as nearby naked/erotic/deadbodies, etc...).

34 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

I want to wrap within an trait/skill system

First impression is that that sounds needlessly/overly complex.  Generally speaking, the last thing Skyrim needs is more progression systems.  I'd especially want to avoid building progression systems into framework mods that are mostly there for other mods to make use of.  Often, "simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."  But it's hard to say without seeing more details about what you have in mind.  

44 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

accumulated values based off "quantity" of things (such as nearby naked/erotic/deadbodies, etc...).

Strongly suggest making sure to use a diminishing returns calculation here.  

What do you think of Zadlibs.pex file in OSL Aroused mode can have compatibility with SLIF mode? these modes' interaction makes me confused. (DD, DCUR, SLSO, SLIF...)

Zadlibs.pex file is not only using for Devious Device Framework but also for Deviously Cursed Loot Mode.
but those two mode have compatibility with SLIF mode by replacing Zadlibs.pex

SLIF patchs for DD and DCL. NOTE: Using the old SLIF patches (included in the SLIF patch installer) *will* break device locks!
          SLIF patch for DD 5.1 (rename to zadLibs.pex)
          SLIF patch for DCL 9.0  
from "https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-51-2021-03-24/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930"

and the last question you gave to me, "if I made MCM text, it will be helping for translation?" I will give to you my answer, "Yes, It will really be helping for translation but is not necessary." Wait, I have thought some of it... Was it really you? there was no reason you come to other country's community channel.

Edited by VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV

I get a ctd with this and radiant prostitution as soon as the animations complete. dotnetscriptframework reports this 

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFB726FAFA9 (OSLAroused_SKSE.dll+2AFA9) on thread 11852!

I have the radiant prostitution patch installed.

16 hours ago, osculim said:

I get a ctd with this and radiant prostitution as soon as the animations complete. dotnetscriptframework reports this 

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFB726FAFA9 (OSLAroused_SKSE.dll+2AFA9) on thread 11852!

I have the radiant prostitution patch installed.

What version are you using (AE or SE)?
It works fine for me on SE.

I've had to switch back to SLAX for now.  I still really like the core concept behind OSLA, so I will continue to try out new versions, and I look forward to the day when I'll be able to make it my main Arousal framework in the future.  But right now, it's causing me more problems than it's solving for my mod environment.  

The main issue is that Submissive Lola: The Resubmission is a cornerstone of my modlist.  And it includes a prostitution event where NPCs need to be aroused to be willing to buy my services.  But I just don't have a good enough way to get them horny enough to want to fuck me—if I configure OSLA so that just the mere sight of my PC is so stimulating that they're adequately aroused, then that defeats the whole purpose of the mod.  With previous Arousal frameworks, their arousal would simply increase over time, and there would be an endless sea of girls desperate to fuck me.  Neither situation is necessarily ideal, but the latter makes for a much better experience for sure.  I'm sure there are a number of mods for which there would be similar issues.

There's ample opportunity for OSLA to offer a better solution to this issue than competing frameworks, though.   

On 4/4/2022 at 8:16 PM, ozooma10 said:

Then player can shape how there character reacts and NPCs can be seeded with values which change based off how player interacts with them. This is a large scope of work between design and development so not anytime soon.

If NPCs had randomly seeded baseline Libido values, so some would tend toward always being aroused, and others would tend away from it, then we wouldn't have a problem.  And it would be better than the situation with time-based arousal in other frameworks, because it would contribute to fleshing out NPCs' personalities—over time, you'd learn who's always DTF and who's a prude.  To make this really work well, you'd need to let the player adjust a target NPC's baseline through the MCM.  And to make it truly top notch, you'd want to make it possible to create/edit a config file—.json, I guess—to determine NPCs' baselines in a way that's consistent across playthroughs and can be tailored to be more lore-friendly or just conforms better to the user's tastes.  

Pull something like that off, and I'll never touch another Arousal framework.

Another cool thing that could be done—although it might be quite difficult to do; I'm not sure—would be to add some more active ways to increase an NPC's arousal, which would also really help address the aforementioned problem.  For example, you could flirt with her in dialogue to get her turned on, or do a sexy dance for her, and so on.  I'd guess that something like this belongs way down the list on the development plan, though.

Edited by Antiope_Apollonia
1 hour ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

The main issue is that Submissive Lola: The Resubmission is a cornerstone of my modlist.  And it includes a prostitution event where NPCs need to be aroused to be willing to buy my services.  But I just don't have a good enough way to get them horny enough to want to fuck me—if I configure OSLA so that just the mere sight of my PC is so stimulating that they're adequately aroused, then that defeats the whole purpose of the mod.  With previous Arousal frameworks, their arousal would simply increase over time, and there would be an endless sea of girls desperate to fuck me.  Neither situation is necessarily ideal, but the latter makes for a much better experience for sure.  I'm sure there are a number of mods for which there would be similar issues.

Hmm, didn't know it works that way, I've always used SLTR together with Radiant Prostitution. That combo works fine with OSL.

20 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I've had to switch back to SLAX for now.  I still really like the core concept behind OSLA, so I will continue to try out new versions, and I look forward to the day when I'll be able to make it my main Arousal framework in the future.  But right now, it's causing me more problems than it's solving for my mod environment.  

There's ample opportunity for OSLA to offer a better solution to this issue than competing frameworks, though.   

If NPCs had randomly seeded baseline Libido values, so some would tend toward always being aroused, and others would tend away from it, then we wouldn't have a problem.  And it would be better than the situation with time-based arousal in other frameworks, because it would contribute to fleshing out NPCs' personalities—over time, you'd learn who's always DTF and who's a prude.  To make this really work well, you'd need to let the player adjust a target NPC's baseline through the MCM.  And to make it truly top notch, you'd want to make it possible to create/edit a config file—.json, I guess—to determine NPCs' baselines in a way that's consistent across playthroughs and can be tailored to be more lore-friendly or just conforms better to the user's tastes.  

Pull something like that off, and I'll never touch another Arousal framework.

Another cool thing that could be done—although it might be quite difficult to do; I'm not sure—would be to add some more active ways to increase an NPC's arousal, which would also really help address the aforementioned problem.  For example, you could flirt with her in dialogue to get her turned on, or do a sexy dance for her, and so on.  I'd guess that something like this belongs way down the list on the development plan, though.

I would love to have an MCM option to set minimal npcs baseline arousal, similar to what SLAX Extended has. I always use SLEN, and virtual sex life for unique npcs. It prevents the effect of NPC's arousal values decaying to 0, but unfortunately it doesn't work with this mod. Nearly every npc I meet start with 0, and I have to adjust their arousal manually.

There was also something not working right with Slen, and OSL arousal. Normally once followers arousal get to 70 they ask player for sex. It didn't work for me this time around, but I only tried with one follower,  after I set her arousal manually.  

Edit:  I was wrong about follower. Someone posted, that you have to request sex with the NPC at least once through normal SLEN dialogue before they will start asking for sex. I missed the first step.

Edited by xx36

I have this mod late in my load order, with no install of SLA or O variants. I find the actor being naked stops 'viewing naked actors' or 'erotic armour' having any influence on the baseline arousal. It is just the 30 baseline. Wearing something in the body slot causes the baseline to go to 40 (20 viewing + 20 erotic armour). Being naked seems to override everything else.

Would a Nordic UI patch for this mod be possible for the ui bars?

It is this mod that puts the green and orange bars on the right side of the screen, correct? If not I have to dig around and figure out what mod does that, lol.

2 hours ago, R34x said:

Would a Nordic UI patch for this mod be possible for the ui bars?

It is this mod that puts the green and orange bars on the right side of the screen, correct? If not I have to dig around and figure out what mod does that, lol.

Orange bar sounds more like Toys, green though ... that's usually plain stamina. You get them all the time? Or just during sex? (In which case it might be Separate Orgasms, though the colors seem off.)

It looks like SLIF was the culprit. I still would like to have a "disable this mod" MCM.

I do have another issue, and I'm not sure if it is caused by this mod.

I am using a mod called The Ancient Profession which has a succubus mode. One of the perks you can unlock as succubus is a cloak spell. If you have drain-sex with someone as succubus, the cloak makes people who get to close masturbate. Very fun idea.

Now the problem: If this cloak triggers on anyone, OSLArousal thinks I'm still in a sex scene indefinitely, which sets the base arousal to 50.

I need to get to somewhere else and have sex there to reset this.

Can you fix this problem in this mod?

18 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

It looks like SLIF was the culprit. I still would like to have a "disable this mod" MCM.

I do have another issue, and I'm not sure if it is caused by this mod.

I am using a mod called The Ancient Profession which has a succubus mode. One of the perks you can unlock as succubus is a cloak spell. If you have drain-sex with someone as succubus, the cloak makes people who get to close masturbate. Very fun idea.

Now the problem: If this cloak triggers on anyone, OSLArousal thinks I'm still in a sex scene indefinitely, which sets the base arousal to 50.

I need to get to somewhere else and have sex there to reset this.

Can you fix this problem in this mod?

Ill take a look at that mod and make sure properly handled. Thanks

Is there a way, or can an option be implemented to change an actor's preferences? Certain mods that depend upon the preferences in SLA cannot be changed-- as the MCM doesn't have the option to change an actor's preferences (I think Puppeteer is what should have it iirc).

So I have OAroused, Toys, and OSL Aroused. IK OAroused ties into OSL Aroused and Toys can raise the arousal when wearing the stuff and such but I was wondering if it would be possible to also combine Toys arousal feature into OSL Aroused? So that way OAroused, and Toys arousal feature will be managed by OSL? Unless it already does and im just afk then lol

Edited by mummble

I was getting a crash on animation end after switch from slax / slam to this. The cause is the SLSO aroused patch dependency that OSL needs to work with SLSO. This needs to be updated in the installation instructions, and its a super easy fix. SLSO has a SLA patch that SLAM and SLAX required you to Disable when installing SLSO. This mod seems to depend on it so i went back and reinstalled SLSO with the SLA patch enabled then let OSL aroused take priority in any conflicts. Now everything works perfect. I want to say that this is a good thing because SLAX and SLAM omitted  any arousal effects SLSO used instead of working with them like this mod is doing, which makes a better experience. Hope this helps!