Now even MORE content is vanishing from Nexus

Since the Nexus mod stealing:

Skyrim: From the 1875 mods I follow 10 got deleted. I don't see the deserved nExodus.

Skyrim: From the followed 197 author 5 vanished or just deleted their account (while the mods are still online).

Skyrim: Over the years as many mods came and go, so I can't understand Nexus's panic that often mods get removed by authors. That's why I believe they are either completely ignorant or have no connection to mod creators other than to use them as gold-donkeys.

Now I feel as dirty downloading from Nexus as if I would downloading from Schacken-Mods ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
1 hour ago, LongDukDong said:

Ah, now that's the rub.  Ghastley is not receiving any communiques, and the postings in his threads deny reposting elsewhere.

Insofar as two other sites connected to his Ghastley.Org site, the one called Chorrol is not receiving new members. And while I have attempted registration at the other named Haven, I have yet to receive a required confirmation eMail to finish the process.

Perhoops we might try to check Nexus for adult mods that DO allow reposting??? Before shit happens?

On Nexus I can still read the old "policy" a mod posted before it was removed.

But only until the file is in the archives.

No, I cannot get the mod if it was deleted.

6 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Unfortunately, while I did download Gweden after it's last 2013 update, its page stated:

So I'm curious as to the date of your readme, because it appears that his latest update negated any permission. This particularly because he used the resources of other people (OTHER USER ASSETS), likely receiving 'their' permission.

The readme is dated August 15th, 2013.  Screenshots:

gweden header.jpg

gweden permissions.jpg

Edited by travelmedic

Nexus can be like a Deep Pit some Mods might be save until people who start a crusade against mods like that find them  there are few  mods that were deleted for good reasons (illegal) but  translations with same files are somehow stil around (or were for a long time) they were just not linked from the original.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

194 GB still there, baby.

I'd say 500 GB total with what's installed with the mod managers and manual downloads on mine. Hard to tell since they're all over the place, lol. Pretty sure I mentioned that people should grab those mods while they can over a year or more ago just in case something like this happened. But nobody ever listens to me... :classic_tongue:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
7 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

I don't use house mods like that but if anyone wants me to back up their copies I have several 4TB drives that need to be filled and no data cap :)

Not a chance in hell.

but the author

No means no. If you actually respect the author then you respect their wishes.

but my mod depends on their mod

you should probably fix that.

5 hours ago, 27X said:

Not a chance in hell.

No means no. If you actually respect the author then you respect their wishes.

you should probably fix that.

Who shit in your cheerios? Man, I thought I was an asshole

One issue is that "Yes", we need to respect the rights and permissions granted by the authors.  In some cases, they DO use the resources of others, and they have conditions for use.  Hence, we need to respect their terms of use. 

But the other issue is "FUCK!", Nexus is deliberately eliminating these mods.  Eliminating mods en-masse that have been up for a decade and suddenly not being able to contact the authors who does appear to be active?  I do not believe that is coincidence.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, LongDukDong said:

Unfortunately, while I did download Gweden after it's last 2013 update, its page stated:

Credits and distribution permission

• Other user's assetsSome assets in this file belong to other authors. You will need to seek permission from these authors before you can use their assets
  •  Upload permission
  • You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
  •  Modification permission
  • You are not allowed to modify my files, including creating bug fixes or improving on features under any circumstances
  •  Conversion permission
  • You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances
  •  Asset use permission
  • You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file
  •  Asset use permission in mods/files that are being sold
  • You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms

This looks like the default set of permissions if the author doesn't change anything, which may explain why it seems to differ from the permissions given in the readme (as linked by @travelmedic). Not sure which takes precedence in this case, absent any clarification from the author.

Natural of things, AS the game getting older  few people for play it & Mod it, So it will be odd to keep same amount of files to that game in famous site like nexus, The space, maintenance, management & protection cost money big amount of money So better keep that for new growing Games that had future ... I'm sure they have a statistics for everything  visitor & download for every file .... And also Sure maybe during the next 10 years  ( If the world stay the same not destroy  viruses, starvation, climate change or world war 3 )  nexus will die and other site with new games and mod will rise .

52 minutes ago, Buridan said:

Not sure which takes precedence in this case, absent any clarification from the author.

author specified takes priority over default website forms

since 2013 nexus has changed its upload form many times

I’m here. What’s the problem?

I pulled all my mods off Nexus when they changed the TOS, but had my workstation die, so I haven’t been able to upload anywhere else. I may host them on my own server, but I don’t want to set up a board for feedback there. Read only is easier to secure.

2 hours ago, ghastley said:

I pulled all my mods off Nexus when they changed the TOS, but had my workstation die, so I haven’t been able to upload anywhere else. I may host them on my own server, but I don’t want to set up a board for feedback there. Read only is easier to secure.

Would you also consider posting your mods here when you're able, or allow someone else to post them here for you?  If not, what is the link to your site for the future?

4 hours ago, ghastley said:

WOO!!!

Yeah, I found your Ghastley.Org site is still up for your mod wikis and fiction (hrm... can't seem to find an actual index page?). :D  But I had zilch luck trying to contact ya.  Registering at Haven was worthless (never got the confirmation eMail).

Now you're ONE author I don't have to worry about. :D

Edited by LongDukDong