Now even MORE content is vanishing from Nexus

Does anyone recall the Gweden Cathouse mod by Ghastley, or the RumpleMod?  Gweden Cathouse has been up at Nexus since 2008.  And while Ghastley is still there (verified 8am today EST), his mod is not.  In fact, it shows that he has NO mods left in Nexus.  And it also appears that I cannot even contact him (no permission).

Yeah, I made the Gweden link clickable... but it goes nowhere now.

What the hell to do to prevent loss of these mods?  What's next?  The AdultAdventure series by ghsmithDallas? Or perhaps any current body mod as it depicts nudity?

Does anyone recall the Gweden Brothel mod by Ghastley?  It has been up at Nexus for over a decade, with the author having an account since 2008. However, Gweden Brothel, and its cousin in arms, RumpleMod are no longer there.  They have been deleted.  And while Ghastley is still there (confirmed he was in today), it appears I cannot contact him...

What's next?  The AdultAdventure series such as the Tiber Septim Brothel by ghsmithDallas? Or maybe even further with race mods that offend them?

How to stop this content from being lost?

9 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

And while Ghastley is still there (confirmed he was in today), it appears I cannot contact him...

:classic_huh: You can't message someone? I thought that this would alwaysb be possible.

10 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

How to stop this content from being lost?

No other way except to talk to the author. Or to pray for some deitity's grace that some wisdom and integrity is thrown upon the site managers there :classic_unsure:

The Readme for the Gweden Brothel mod gives the following permission:  "You can do whatever you want with this mod, except expect it to work properly."

If it's permissible to Ashal and within the rules of LL, I'm sure [ahem, cough] 'somebody' could post it if needed.

Sadly, the Readme for Rumplemod says not to post it anywhere else.

7 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

The Readme for the Gweden Brothel mod gives the following permission:  "You can do whatever you want with this mod, except expect it to work properly."

If it's permissible to Ashal and within the rules of LL, I'm sure [ahem, cough] 'somebody' could post it if needed.

Sadly, the Readme for Rumplemod says not to post it anywhere else.

Then you are not authorized to post it on LLab.

Just now, CPU said:

Then you are not authorized to post it on LLab.

It's two different mods that were on two different Nexus pages.  The Rumplemod I wouldn't post here anyway in respect for the original author and LL rules.  It was only a question for the other mod that says "do whatever you want."

I just looked myself, and Ghastley doesn't even show up now on a user search.

1 hour ago, LongDukDong said:

Does anyone recall the Gweden Cathouse mod by Ghastley, or the RumpleMod?  Gweden Cathouse has been up at Nexus since 2008.  And while Ghastley is still there (verified 8am today EST), his mod is not.  In fact, it shows that he has NO mods left in Nexus.  And it also appears that I cannot even contact him (no permission).

Yeah, I made the Gweden link clickable... but it goes nowhere now.

What the hell to do to prevent loss of these mods?  What's next?  The AdultAdventure series by ghsmithDallas? Or perhaps any current body mod as it depicts nudity?

Although not condoned by LL management, there comes a time when seeking out Captain Jack Sparrow may be your only resort. The Pearl sails, just a matter of finding her... YO HO!

3 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

194 GB still there, baby.

25GB :classic_unsure: But that's only the most current versions I have. I'd have to check the backup USB Disk for older version

4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I remember a few years back when some one here on LL laughed at me for keeping the archives of all the mods I use on my HDD, ?

I didn't laugh! :classic_smile: I say that's a very wise habit.

29 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Unfortunately, while I did download Gweden after it's last 2013 update, its page stated:

Credits and distribution permission

• Other user's assetsSome assets in this file belong to other authors. You will need to seek permission from these authors before you can use their assets
  •  Upload permission
  • You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
  •  Modification permission
  • You are not allowed to modify my files, including creating bug fixes or improving on features under any circumstances
  •  Conversion permission
  • You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances
  •  Asset use permission
  • You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file
  •  Asset use permission in mods/files that are being sold
  • You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms

So I'm curious as to the date of your readme, because it appears that his latest update negated any permission. This particularly because he used the resources of other people (OTHER USER ASSETS), likely receiving 'their' permission.

And unfortunately, the same goes for the ghsmithDallas mods too.

1 hour ago, worik said:

:classic_huh: You can't message someone? I thought that this would alwaysb be possible.

No kidding.  While I was able to contact the maker of the Construction Set Extended recently about some issues (that got resolved with a fix), I could not contact Ghastley, saying I did not have permission.  Perhaps he is being silenced? 

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls has a freakin post about Gweden!   And the WIKI he posted  for Gweden is still up, though it is only a sort of Prima for the game/quest and not a forum/bbs for communication.  Hell, all his links to Nexus are dead. He has no content there anymore.  This also includes all his Skyrim mods like Dibella Sanctum or Khajiit Hearthfires.

That's a dozen+ mods gone.

What's curious is that it IS disappearing.

I am no fan of Nexus but all the "sound and fury" leading up to the deadline at the beginning of the month said that Nexus now owned all these mods and you couldn't remove them. Are we now seeing evidence that this has been overstated? Perhaps Nexus has seen the sense in trying to work with their mod authors rather than burying them?

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

What's curious is that it IS disappearing.

I am no fan of Nexus but all the "sound and fury" leading up to the deadline at the beginning of the month said that Nexus now owned all these mods and you couldn't remove them. Are we now seeing evidence that this has been overstated? Perhaps Nexus has seen the sense in trying to work with their mod authors rather than burying them?

No, but I bet some delete requests came in late, and staff are perhaps a tad slow in honoring them.

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

You may well be right. Time will tell.

:classic_huh: I still don't see any mid- to long term reason behind Nexus's move. It's like smashing the bees that give you honey for free (and dusting your blossoms for free ... ) :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, travelmedic said:

It's two different mods that were on two different Nexus pages.  The Rumplemod I wouldn't post here anyway in respect for the original author and LL rules.  It was only a question for the other mod that says "do whatever you want."

I just looked myself, and Ghastley doesn't even show up now on a user search.

If the mod author said "do whatever you want" you are free to reupload. Give credits in all cases.

3 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_huh: I still don't see any mid- to long term reason behind Nexus's move. It's like smashing the bees that give you honey for free (and dusting your blossoms for free ... ) :classic_unsure:

I may be wrong (in fact I probably am) but I think that Nexus sees an opportunity for picking up a little coin here. There have been any number of requests here on LL (and the divines alone no how many more on Nexus) for a fully developed, fully modded Skyrim game. No having to follow @donttouchmethere's guide. No having to find and download 10-20 tools that add nothing directly to the experience (they just keep the modded game from crashing). And no having to figure out how to get good mods to play nicely with each other. In other words, a modded Skyrim game out of the Nexus package that feels like most software games. No work, just play.

17 minutes ago, Psalam said:

There have been any number of requests here on LL (and the divines alone no how many more on Nexus) for a fully developed, fully modded Skyrim game.

? I'm not a professional there. But that sounds to me very similar to the business model that e.g. Linux distributers do for two decades now.

Including the publicly available lessons how to piss off the bees and how to please them (for more honey).

:classic_huh: In 2021 I'd have expected people to be smarter

2 hours ago, worik said:

You can't message someone? I thought that this would alwaysb be possible.

You can disable that in forum profile.

Edited by belegost
36 minutes ago, Psalam said:

In other words, a modded Skyrim game out of the Nexus package that feels like most software games. No work, just play.

So... another Enderal?

Unlikely.

Edited by belegost
2 hours ago, CPU said:

If the mod author said "do whatever you want" you are free to reupload. Give credits in all cases.

Ah, now that's the rub.  Ghastley is not receiving any communiques, and the postings in his threads deny reposting elsewhere.

Insofar as two other sites connected to his Ghastley.Org site, the one called Chorrol is not receiving new members. And while I have attempted registration at the other named Haven, I have yet to receive a required confirmation eMail to finish the process.

Perhoops we might try to check Nexus for adult mods that DO allow reposting??? Before shit happens?

Edited by LongDukDong