Now even MORE content is vanishing from Nexus

On 10/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, Wolfstorm321 said:

Of course I can. Just the other day I was talking in another forum about how good UE5 looked like for architectural applications. But then, devs just spoiled it when making a game simulation on it, applying chromatic aberration and low contrast everywhere. And worse, they don't even put the option to turn these effects off, they are just enforced on the players. Fortunatelly we have modding for the old games, and can tune the graphics to our personal preferences. 

No, you said chromatic aberration was a form of fucking mind control, enforced by the cuck illuminati and the option to turn any and all of the pipeline is controlled through the gameuser and engine controller files, on demand. By the user.

13 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Did you see his note here (  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/212108)?

I read Nexus TOS when all this controversy started and even though I didn't understand ALL that verbose legalese, I knew it was bad. 

Just not THAT bad xD

So they are basically saying they can hijack whatever you upload there and sell, modify or whatever they want to do to it whenever they please? XD

Oh, gods. They really went insane xD

Edited by Papitas
11 hours ago, 27X said:

No, you said chromatic aberration was a form of fucking mind control, enforced by the cuck illuminati and the option to turn any and all of the pipeline is controlled through the gameuser and engine controller files, on demand. By the user.

Can you post more of these things that I said? It is entertaining to read. 

3 hours ago, Papitas said:

I read Nexus TOS when all this controversy started and even though I didn't understand ALL that verbose legalese, I knew it was bad. 

Just not THAT bad xD

So they are basically saying they can hijack whatever you upload there and sell, modify or whatever they want to do to it whenever they please? XD

Oh, gods. They really went insane xD

I do see part of their reason (Nexus) after helping FO4 users here to troubleshoot.  Usually it is some basic step was missed.    Trying to expand the user base to a group of non technical gamers is an attractive goal.    Many of us here are not only gamers, but computer builders, coders, artists, or otherwise tech geeks.   Now, having said that, Nexus assumed (much like the UK Gov't does it seems) that they can make arbitrary and poorly thought out abrupt decisions without consequences. 

In any event, I am still going to continue to post mods to Nexus as I am a bit player, and could not pull the interested parties that someone like Flashy could pull.   LL doesn't seem to be a place for FO4 radio mods.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

I do see part of their reason (Nexus) after helping FO4 users here to troubleshoot.

I agree and totally understand that.

And that sounds like a noble goal, but we all know how many atrocities humans have commited in the name of "the greater good", "security" and such.

All of this just makes me wonder how much time will pass before they decide they can do as they please with mods they didn't create.

Knowing people, I don't think this is a matter of "if", but "when".

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

LL doesn't seem to be a place for FO4 radio mods.

Part of the reason for that, other than our 'specialty' in sex mods, is that LL is US-based, and the US has no automatic expiration of copyright for music recordings, unlike the UK.

50 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Part of the reason for that, other than our 'specialty' in sex mods, is that LL is US-based, and the US has no automatic expiration of copyright for music recordings, unlike the UK.

All my music is either Creative Commons, Attribution NC 4.0 ( CC BY-NC 4.0), or have been given rights by the creators (Ghost Town, a local band) or of my own making.    However, I understand that this is policy and acknowledge its use to protect LL.   

That said, I am not about to say "but but but I'm special"   I mean I am special.... so special I went to special schools.. (GTA VC humor there)   so that is another reason why I must accept potential loss of control of my mod and continue using Nexus.

16 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

And the US has no automatic expiration of copyright for music recordings

Just checking.  Apparently there are some rules.  After 1978, Copyrights last the life of the Author + 70 years.  And for anonymous, pseudoanonymous (ie pen-name/username) and work-for hire, it lasts 95 (from publication date) to 120 years from creation. Before 1978 and not public domain?  Generally the same.

However, the  Classics Protection and Access Act. handles Sound recordings made before February 15, 1972, and the key notes I copy/pasted from the linked page are shown below:

• For recordings first published before 1923, the additional time period ends on December 31, 2021.
  • For recordings first published between 1923-1946, the additional time period is 5 years after the general 95-year term.
  • For recordings first published between 1947-1956, the additional time period is 15 years after the general 95-year term.
  • For all remaining recordings first fixed prior to February 15, 1972, the additional transition period shall end on February 15, 2067.
14 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

I just wanted to point out that LL can't really host the it's-so-old-it-must-be-public-domain type of music.

So... For even the oldest, we haven't hit the end of the year yet....

While there is the FAIR USE clause of the copyright act, said usage cannot be full or reasonably full release of material that may hamper/harm the original content's distribution, sale or otherwise.  Sampling has been permitted as the whole work (or mostly whole work) has not been used... only sections, beats, riffs or otherwise.

If wondering about Will Smith's "Wild Wild West" borrowing from Stevie Wonder's song "I Live", note that Stevie was in the music Video.  And for "Come With Me" by Puff Daddy using the entire 'melody/harmony' of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", note that Jimmy Page from the band did the actual guitar work and is shown playing in one of the video releases. For lengthy uses in this manner, some manner of permission needs be granted, typically by the record label / copyright holder.

BUT THIS IS ISSUE ON COPYRIGHT IS ANOTHER TOPIC

Edited by LongDukDong