For the five users that still think the Nexus is your buddy.

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Me too, I'm so surprised when they continuously quote "but the ToS said that": at least in my country, a ToS like that is not constitutional, I have some serious doubt that a judge would make it valid on a court

3 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Maybe this guy sees something beth is doing or suspects and knows it won't be long before he can't make money anymore?

I though the same since the very first time I've read that announcement, I have a feeling they're scraping the barrel.

7 minutes ago, RegretfulTwink said:

Uh, sorry to turn this into a mini vent/rent. Like I'm said, I'm really fucking upset about this change.

Don't be sorry for it. You put your hearth into a work you wanted to share on nexus and now they do something you absolutely not agree with. It's quite normal to feeling that way. If you want to share your work, you totally should be able to without the changes they make over there. There are possibility's, sure you won't get that much people finding it then on nexus but you still will be able to share your work elsewhere. Heck if you already part of a discord channel, wouldn't that be enough for the start? And LL offers none sexual mods also, no harm in sharing it here.

9 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Don't be sorry for it. You put your hearth into a work you wanted to share on nexus and now they do something you absolutely not agree with. It's quite normal to feeling that way. If you want to share your work, you totally should be able to without the changes they make over there. 

It is nice to to have my feeling validated, I felt like I was being more dramatic here than other places I've spoken about this. I've been angry about this since the the new first broke, since some of the stuff from the author thread got shared. I've been screaming into the void that is the Nexus comments on their public post for the past 2 days now. I'm in servers where we're basically circle jacking over this. But now? Now I'm just tired. Both in lack or sleep (I just don't sleep good in the summer) and emotionally. It's kinda draining seeing your dreams crushed, you know?

I do want to share my work. I want to see people enjoying what I make, I wanna see that people got something from my content. Hopefully when the dust settles there'll be something. There more than one mod site, I guess I could just hope load them to a few of them and redirect users to a main page that's monitored. Well, even send them to twitter if I must for some user issues. As for the discord servers I'm in currently, they're all mostly on the author side. Maybe someone will make a central modding discord to as hub to keep everything in one place.

30 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

And LL offers none sexual mods also, no harm in sharing it here.

Some of the none sexually mods could go up here, but the big project wouldn't really fit into loverslab sadly. Some armour and clothing mods sure, at least for Skyrim since that was, in part, the point of the club. But I also wanted to keep my Nexus persona and Loverslab persona separate. Loverslab is very sex positive and open, and it's also not tied down to any online like persona that I already have. I can be free to gush over hot guys here (well, in the right thread anyway) and I can be more easy going with my sexuality here for the most part. I don't know, the idea was just more having two different internet personas just felt liberating. Eh, queer issues I guess.

I would have thought modpacks would have died off by now after those lazy... I mean busy people had shit fucking up left and right. Sure... maybe you can get hundreds of mods to work in a package, but it don't take a whole lot of changes to fuck that up and I know people must have been doing that over and over adding new mods to it or some shit. Whoever came up with it and those who want it have no idea (or care about) the kind of work that goes into making mods in the first place and don't give two shits about the creator's rights or the community because they're parasites plain and simple that will never contribute a goddamn thing to it. Hence modpacks are a fucking blight on a hobby we dearly enjoy and share with each other and should be shunned from this community at least. If they want LL kink mods in their game, then let those fuckers figure shit out the same way we all did. Only then will they get any *help* when their shit breaks because they couldn't be bothered to read anything.

2 hours ago, InsolentTedium said:

...or, like the rest of us you can just choose not to be self entitled and lazy...I personally would much rather not see the Modders get scr*wed over, which is what is happening, I'm not a Modder, but what I realize is these people are creating their Mods for free, in their own time and being generous enough to share their Mods with others, yet they should roll over? I am sad to see Modders leaving Nexus, but I support them in their choice. No one has any right to try and take ownership of their work, DO hasn't bought their Mods, he hasn't paid for them, in fact his making a big fat purse off them and now his demanding they hand over the reins and rights of their Mods to him, it's reprehensible.

I'm a 50 year old woman, basically Computer illiterate, when I first began loading Mods into my Game I had just gotten past pretty much just learning where the 'On' Switch is on a PC, no Computer experience what so ever, even now I'm still using the NMM because I can't get my head around MO2 and argued too much with Vortex... but I do have a 200+ Mods Game running, including Physics, etc...without a hiccup, no CTD's, no freeze. Yet you're telling us people half my age with a great deal more Computer experience than I need their over entitled hands held to have a Modded Game... Pull your head in MrFutureHope and have a little regard for the people who put out these products for free.

Look, I've been creating mods and mod tools, even helping others to create their own mods, but that's beside the point, because while I do understand the modders standpoint, my post was written from the perspective of regular mod users who were clearly left out of this decision making. Unlike modders, regular users were not informed in advance, so they may not be aware of the drama that's going on behind the scenes between Nexus and modders and all they really see is a lot of confusion, mods getting removed and modders leaving en masse. They are left with lots of confusion, questions without answer and even if they knew what's going on, there's nothing they as regular users can do about it. So tell me honestly, do you really want to blame regular users who are the victims too? Regular users who have been doing their part and all they can really do is to show appreciation and support to the mod creators through endorsements and donations and other support means? And they have been doing that sufficiently. Don't forget that regular users are not part of decision makers at Nexusmods team and clearly Nexusmods team, despite all those sweet talks about how this change will improve the experience of regular users with their service, didn't really consider or care about the negative impact of this change on the regular users experience. This controversial change was done by Nexusmods team and led to massive outflow of modders and mod deletion, so why don't you focus your anger on the real offender instead of bashing on mod users who suffer from the same consequences of this decision like modders do? All I really did was point out that this will have quite the opposite effect than Nexusmods team presented in that announcement, and we can already see the negative results of it.

It is nice to to have my feeling validated, I felt like I was being more dramatic here than other places I've spoken about this. I've been angry about this since the the new first broke, since some of the stuff from the author thread got shared. I've been screaming into the void that is the Nexus comments on their public post for the past 2 days now. I'm in servers where we're basically circle jacking over this. But now? Now I'm just tired. Both in lack or sleep (I just don't sleep good in the summer) and emotionally. It's kinda draining seeing your dreams crushed, you know?

I don't you were being overly dramatic. After all the enthusiasm and work you've put in into your mod, you find out that whats currently biggest hub of modding decides to go full Mussolini and politely tell mod authors (the cornerstones of the community, mind you) to go and fuck themselves through an ultimatum if they do not comply with withholding their rights.  There is so much injustice and malice from their part by trying to pull this egregious shit off that I - very much like to you - felt my solar plexus frothing by just reading the post and seeing the genuine suffering of mod authors and mod users with actual humanity get ignored. I am not even a mod author, but I do realise mod authors are human beings thatve put time, effort and knowledge into their creations before sharing them and dont owe anything to anybody (i.e. common sense} and I was still livid.

Your work has not been done for naught. If you feel as though LL might not be the most ideal place to post it for the time being, you could wait a little while to see what goes on on the Nexus (maybe theyll chicken out on this)  before deciding where to upload it. Don't let those pieces of shit make you feel as though youve wasted your time.

What they've tried to pull off is fucking disgusting and I have no words to express how much disdain I feel towards that Darkdude site creator and everyone else that works that for him that came up with this magnum opus of appropriation. I hope to God he gets fucked over by a lawsuit or pays in some form of another for having had the AUDACITY to try and insult the same people's intelligence that gave life to his website; all while playing the virtue-signalling card and saying that what they do is the best for the community. His disrespect, dishonesty, ingratitude and arrogance deserve  harsh punishment, they really fucking do. He also recently silenced the thread 27X posted for obvious reasons. Big surprise. Bottom lime is trust me, there are many others who are just as pissed as you are.

May Nexus pay the price for this. Dearly.

In the long run, the mod bundle will cause a lot more problems. And the Nexus won't pay for the mistakes, it'll be mod users because Nexus already has all the files stored on its server. The best way to hurt a Nexus is to restore mods and post information on the mod homepage about these silly changes and where mod users can find a new version of the mod. I guess that would be the best way to hit the Nexus without hitting mod users.

47 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

Look, I've been creating mods and mod tools, even helping others to create their own mods, but that's beside the point, because while I do understand the modders standpoint, my post was written from the perspective of regular mod users who were clearly left out of this decision making. Unlike modders, regular users were not informed in advance, so they may not be aware of the drama that's going on behind the scenes between Nexus and modders and all they really see is a lot of confusion, mods getting removed and modders leaving en masse. They are left with lots of confusion, questions without answer and even if they knew what's going on, there's nothing they as regular users can do about it. So tell me honestly, do you really want to blame regular users who are the victims too? Regular users who have been doing their part and all they can really do is to show appreciation and support to the mod creators through endorsements and donations and other support means? And they have been doing that sufficiently. Don't forget that regular users are not part of decision makers at Nexusmods team and clearly Nexusmods team, despite all those sweet talks about how this change will improve the experience of regular users with their service, didn't really consider or care about the negative impact of this change on the regular users experience. This controversial change was done by Nexusmods team and led to massive outflow of modders and mod deletion, so why don't you focus your anger on the real offender instead of bashing on mod users who suffer from the same consequences of this decision like modders do? All I really did was point out that this will have quite the opposite effect than Nexusmods team presented in that announcement, and we can already see the negative results of it.

This doesn't look much like focusing anger at the real offender, your words, "Thanks Nexus... for this great change that will make it all much better and easier for mod users to mod their game... ".

As a "regular mod user" of course I and others like me are left out of the decision making, but so have the Modders, they're just getting told this is the way it is, they are not getting a say. As for any confusion, i noticed a fire brewing, so I looked around and found out what was going on, its not that hard to find out what's happening. On top of that, as a "regular mod user", I have been quite frankly horrified at how so many other regular users have savaging the Modders on the thread on the Nexus Site, I am seeing a whole lot entitlement, demands and over privileged BS, that kinda sucks a whole lot of juice out of the "victims too", am I supposed to consider myself a victim? Am I supposed to play, Who's the biggest Victim? I am seeing Nexus hemorrhaging Modders, Modders who's work I also love and am loosing, it really sucks and there is nothing I can do about it, but rather than sit there sulking and feeling sorry for myself I'm choosing to instead look at the bigger picture, yes my focus of blame falls wholey and soley on Nexus and I'm certainly not going to support their move in anyway in their wanting to prioritize supporting lazy users over their Mod makers...Your original post came off as very much supporting lazy users, despite the expense to the Modding community.

I am not suprised that the owner locked the thread, they hoped for a horde of supporters to scream in rejoyce and happiness. Instead it´s 55% misunderstanding the text due to the laywer English in that wall of text, pissed of mod makers and people just wanna be mad. Some supporting mod creators are in the crowd , but it is mainly bootlickers of Nexus mods. 

They will do this change if we so want it or not, removing mods won´t help. And don´t hide your mods, they delete them then as a sign of not approving you not approving.

2 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

1517508126401.jpeg.c12c291f0beec4ebea52a5a1e6037896.jpeg

"I own you now, muthafuckers.  MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

But seriously, denying modders their freedoms and rights with created content should be illegal.

It is.

The staff thinks no one will have the money or balls to sue them.

44 minutes ago, InsolentTedium said:

As a "regular mod user" of course I and others like me are left out of the decision making, but so have the Modders, they're just getting told this is the way it is, they are not getting a say. As for any confusion, i noticed a fire brewing, so I looked around and found out what was going on, its not that hard to find out what's happening. On top of that, as a "regular mod user", I have been quite frankly horrified at how so many other regular users have savaging the Modders on the thread on the Nexus Site, I am seeing a whole lot entitlement, demands and over privileged BS, that kinda sucks a whole lot of juice out of the "victims too", am I supposed to consider myself a victim?

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

For what it's worth I didn't view your other post as 'blaming' users - critical of lazy users, yes but not 'regular' users. I also agree about lazy users and I'm against what Nexus seems to be aiming for with these mod lists which is more dumbing-down in my eyes.

44 minutes ago, InsolentTedium said:

This doesn't look much like focusing anger at the real offender, your words, "Thanks Nexus... for this great change that will make it all much better and easier for mod users to mod their game... ".

As a "regular mod user" of course I and others like me are left out of the decision making, but so have the Modders, they're just getting told this is the way it is, they are not getting a say. As for any confusion, i noticed a fire brewing, so I looked around and found out what was going on, its not that hard to find out what's happening. On top of that, as a "regular mod user", I have been quite frankly horrified at how so many other regular users have savaging the Modders on the thread on the Nexus Site, I am seeing a whole lot entitlement, demands and over privileged BS, that kinda sucks a whole lot of juice out of the "victims too", am I supposed to consider myself a victim? Am I supposed to play, Who's the biggest Victim? I am seeing Nexus hemorrhaging Modders, Modders who's work I also love and am loosing, it really sucks and there is nothing I can do about it, but rather than sit there sulking and feeling sorry for myself I'm choosing to instead look at the bigger picture, yes my focus of blame falls wholey and soley on Nexus and I'm certainly not going to support their move in anyway in their wanting to prioritize supporting lazy users over their Mod makers...Your original post came off as very much supporting lazy users, despite the expense to the Modding community.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not a native english speaker. I did my best to express my feelings clearly even though I used irony to convey my point. If my point was somehow missed, I was trying to express that I'm dissatisfied with the decision made by Nexusmods team, both as a modder, but also as a mod user. There was really nothing less, and nothing more to that post, and I feel no obligation to apologize for what I said just because someone misinterpreted it. Have a nice day. :)

39 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

For what it's worth I didn't view your other post as 'blaming' users - critical of lazy users, yes but not 'regular' users. I also agree about lazy users and I'm against what Nexus seems to be aiming for with these mod lists which is more dumbing-down in my eyes.

Thank you Grey Cloud :) ...I'm so sorry this is all happening, I just can't get my head around how DO and his Crew don't seem to see what they're doing is so unjustified and simply wrong :(

27 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not a native english speaker. I did my best to express my feelings clearly even though I used irony to convey my point. If my point was somehow missed, I was trying to express that I'm dissatisfied with the decision made by Nexusmods team, both as a modder, but also as a mod user. There was really nothing less, and nothing more to that post, and I feel no obligation to apologize for what I said just because someone misinterpreted it. Have a nice day. :)

Perhaps you and I are on the same page, just misunderstanding each other, peace out MrFutureHope :)

I like the changes they made. Modders who do combat and skill overhauls are usually cathedral-minded, so they dont care about their mods being included in free modpacks. Programmers also like to have things open source, so it is most likely they will stay as well. In Github they can't delete older versions of their codes, which are used for reference purposes. 

The only ones who will pull their content (Nexus gave 30 days for that) are those who make stuff I don't need, like cabbage farms (aka player houses), bikinis (already have a ton of those on SJ and SM websites) and retextures (rehash of the same old content). This will unclutter the searches in the Nexus, which are buggy due to backend issues. For example, this week another mod author told me about a green grass mod I didn't know about. I never saw that mod before, despite doing dozens of searches for green grass for several weeks. 

Just for a reference, there are less than 300 dungeons to download on the nexus, and 5x that number of player houses. Most of the dungeons are draugr dungeons as well, despite having two ayleid kits available and several creatures mods, all with open permissions. This focusing on vanilla content is a consequence of parlor modding. Literally zero content is being made and the searches suffer on the backend. I thought I was the only one noticing this, but the Nexus admins were aware of that as well.

I remember back in 2019 when I started doing mods that most mod authors were displaying elitism and arrogance, and I barely had any help with anything, learning most of it alone. The few ones who helped me with tips were cathedral-minded. This was going to blow up sooner or later. Good to see it is finally happening. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321
5 hours ago, Arund said:

In the long run, the mod bundle will cause a lot more problems. And the Nexus won't pay for the mistakes, it'll be mod users because Nexus already has all the files stored on its server. The best way to hurt a Nexus is to restore mods and post information on the mod homepage about these silly changes and where mod users can find a new version of the mod. I guess that would be the best way to hit the Nexus without hitting mod users.

Someone posted over on the locked thread that modders have been posting announcements on their page over it and it's been getting deleted and labeled as "spreading misinformation" from what I read. Whether that's true or not, I haven't checked, I'm more inclined to believe that person over anyone running Nexus any day.

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Post the short demo version on Nexus, get the full version on LoversLab. ❤️

I wonder how Nexus staff will feel when you put "Full version only, and freely, available at Loverslab!" in the description. ? Anyone want to try it? ?

Edited by MonVert
4 minutes ago, endgame † addiction said:

Someone posted over on the locked thread that modders have been posting announcements on their page over and it's been getting deleted and labeled as "spreading misinformation" from what I read.

I was thinking about similar strategy, although I wouldn't really encourage anyone to do it, because it would hurt users more than Nexus team, but here comes the theory anyway. According to that announcement, Nexusmods team has around 18 employees and they have around 27 millions of users. That's a large disproportion, if just a small percentage of that large user base suddenly decided to do some coordinated action to protest against this change, perhaps in form of uploading large amount of junk data instead of real mods, I don't think those 18 employees at Nexusmods team would have it too easy manually removing every fake mod from their servers and users themselves would no longer have that ability, so what would they do? Sure, they could ban all of those users and effectively lose lots of paying customers in the process. Something similar happened on Steam when Valve had to start dealing with what has become known as "review bombing". I know reviews are a bit different case in nature, but it's just to illustrate the possibility, because something like this happened in the past, so there is a precedent to it. Not to mention, "fake mod bombing" would involve large amounts of junk data Nexusmods servers have to use a lot of resources to process (as admitted by Nexusmods team itself in the very same announcement), so it could actually create more than just some technical nuisance and headaches for those 18 people at Nexusmods team, someone would actually feel the impact on their wallet...

11 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

A crazy plan but it just might work. :classic_laugh:

Yu know how many mods I did in "reduced mode" for Nexus?

At the end I stopped updating them because was a pain to handle two versions.

So, get the "ONLY" version here.

1 hour ago, endgame † addiction said:

Someone posted over on the locked thread that modders have been posting announcements on their page over it and it's been getting deleted and labeled as "spreading misinformation" from what I read. Whether that's true or not, I haven't checked, I'm more inclined to believe that person over anyone running Nexus any day.

Well author of "Master of Disguise" did that and his mod is stil up on Nexus page with all infomation where you can find his new work and why he decided to do that.