For the five users that still think the Nexus is your buddy.

35 minutes ago, Nameless God said:

They used to ban and give warnings just for the mention of it, I would remove your stuff first or have "demo" versions if you plan on doing that because once you are banned you also don't have access to your stuff anymore.

I know pretty well Nexus staff. Except Dark0ne that hates me.

From the now ex SirSalami to PickySaurus.

You aware that we collaborate in case there are people that are not wanted on both sites or when there are "stolen mods" we have to cross check?

Relax. You can mention SexLab and LoversLab. Even put links to the site. As far the mod is marked as "adult".

1 hour ago, MrFuturehope said:

Ok, first of all, Nexus team never said they are giving the modders time to request deletion of their files for reason of fixing the backend of the service, the reasoning used was essentially that they felt it would be fair to let the modders decide whether they want to stay or leave and they gave them this time for that decision, there was nothing more to it, so I don't know what makes you think that they are going to use that time to do some improvements on the backend of the service, that's just your assumption based on something as vague as "we might do some improvements IF and WHEN"... Also, the way you put it makes me feel like you are quite happy about this whole situation, the outflow of quality modders and deletion of their mods. I'm not sure what did you mean by "parlor modders", but it almost feels like you have some grudge against certain group of modders there that you would like to be gone. Just remember that this will have impact on all modders, not just the ones you may not like that much and it was Nexus team that put modders under this pressure in the first place - either all mods deleted or nothing, leaving modders with not too many options, so if you expect only those modders you like less will be the ones who will leave, think twice. I posted a screenshot with several quality mods that were deleted just in couple of days and obviously they are not coming back, ever, unless something drastically changes. Again, they may not be mods that interest you personally, but I'm pretty sure some of your favorite mods may get deleted yet. Perhaps you will look at it differently then.

I hoard mods, including some I don't like that much. I have backups stored on my PC and on a external drive as well, sorted by theme. I don't use modpacks, I use a old version of NMM in which I trust. 

Everything that falls on my lap is regarded as an asset. If the asset have context, it is deployed and name of the author go to a list, which includes link to his work. 

My main mod was turned private in September 2020, when I stopped asking permissions. I use assets from a mod which was deleted from the Nexus, because the author of said mod didn't have permissions herself. She is still doing meshes for medieval armors to this day, but can't release her work. I also know other authors are not releasing stuff for fear of having it taken down. 

I see the parlor model as a great hindrance to the production of content in the Skyrim modding scene. I can make content myself, but I can't share it with other mod authors, who could improve and expand it.

This parlor mentality have gotten worse as years have passed. I can't fail to compare it to Oblivion days, when Anequina was released just three years after the game, whereas with Skyrim, after nine years, we dont have anything functional in the other provinces, only demos and teasers. Arthmoor said to me I was being "unrealistic" in demanding a new province, but I've made two full big cities in 18 months, which put together amounts to 6x the size of Solitude, with npcs, vendors, and routines, alone and without help. 

This mentality needs to go, and I hope automated (and free) mod lists can help with it. I support the efforts of Halgari and his team in this direction. Also it will harm the packages with free mods sold on Patreon, which are only there because of this anti-modpack stance on the Nexus. That is, mod authors don't want free modpacks in the Nexus, but want paid modpacks on Patreon, made by third parties, and from which they don't receive any money. 

I am glad alot of Content Creators have started hosting their mods on Patreon and Discord with Mega Links. I am done with Nexus and glad i never published anything there still.

54 minutes ago, CPU said:

I know pretty well Nexus staff. Except Dark0ne that hates me.

From the now ex SirSalami to PickySaurus.

You aware that we collaborate in case there are people that are not wanted on both sites or when there are "stolen mods" we have to cross check?

Relax. You can mention SexLab and LoversLab. Even put links to the site. As far the mod is marked as "adult".

Under what circumstances would you have to be aware of people? I understand stolen mods but that requires minimal verification which can be done just by the search function.

I have dealt with the moderators on Nexus, I can say if you are not supporting them they will find any reason to get rid of you, that can be seen in the ban list.

Say something they don't like and they will say you have an alt or they take stuff out of context to give you a ban for abusive messages, and then there is the stuff you won't see, with no reference.

Also why is there a daily Like limit for posts?

16 minutes ago, Nameless God said:

Under what circumstances would you have to be aware of people? I understand stolen mods but that requires minimal verification which can be done just by the search function.

The implication was towards you, functionally read as "you are aware that we work together, right?", based on you saying that people get banned for mentioning it.

Easier to compare and look for stolen mods when both staff teams collaborate, or verify that an account on LL and NM may belong to the same person, which isn't easy to prove otherwise.

Edited by VeraDra
15 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

The implication was towards you, functionally read as "you are aware that we work together, right?", based on you saying that people get banned for mentioning it.

Easier to compare and look for stolen mods when both staff teams collaborate, or verify that an account on LL and NM may belong to the same person, which isn't easy to prove otherwise.

4 years ago that's the way the site operated, banning people for mentioning other mod sites. Didn't think it had changed, and realistically it probably hasn't.

4 minutes ago, Nameless God said:

4 years ago that's the way the site operated, banning people for mentioning other mod sites. Didn't think it had changed, and realistically it probably hasn't.

I've seen mods outright link to LoversLab under required files,

Things have changed.

12 hours ago, 27X said:

It is.

The staff thinks no one will have the money or balls to sue them.

Actually, go check out the bans. Evanpox got banned over what they called a "false" DMCA. It has started.

Edited by DoneBye
Just now, DoneBye said:

Actually, go check out the bans. Evanpox got banned over what they called a "false" DMCA. It has started.

DMCAs are worthless unless they're followed up with an injunction and then a full blown lawsuit.

Just now, 27X said:

DMCAs are worthless unless they're followed up with an injunction and then a full blown lawsuit.

I know that, but the fact that they're saying that further communication will be made through the "appropriate channels" means litigation started. The whole ban post is them whining about getting hit. Sad people.

31 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

Filing a DMCA claim for alleged infringement, when no infrungement has taken place, is not legal.

A DMCA takedown is a genuie legal request that holds actual consequences. Abuse of that system should, rightfully, have it's own consequences. In this case, being banned.

33 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

I know that, but the fact that they're saying that further communication will be made through the "appropriate channels" means litigation started. The whole ban post is them whining about getting hit. Sad people.

"Appropriate channels" does not mean a lawsuit has begun, this statement in itself is completely misrepresenting what is likely ongoing, and needlessly so.

All that is likely occuring is all communication is being done through lawyers. That is quite literally all that is impled there. Is it possible there may be more comuing from this? Yes, but I see no proof that this is what has happened.

11 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

is not legal.

Advertising mod availability and compatibility as blanket  always on features is false advertising and actionable, as is using code you did not originate and financially secure through two party approved contract emplacement. A DMCA for the latter is entirely legal.

The Nexus or any associated entity are not a publisher and them claiming they are "just cause reasons" is patently false and infringement.

Edited by 27X
19 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

Filing a DMCA claim for alleged infringement, when no infrungement has taken place, is not legal.

A DMCA takedown is a genuie legal request that holds actual consequences. Abuse of that system should, rightfully, have it's own consequences. In this case, being banned.

"Appropriate channels" does not mean a lawsuit has begun, this statement in itself is completely misrepresenting what is likely ongoing, and needlessly so.

All that is likely occuring is all communication is being done through lawyers. That is quite literally all that is impled there. Is it possible there may be more comuing from this? Yes, but I see no proof that this is what has happened.

Must I really post the trash that they wrote here? Fine. As you can see, it's related to the changes happening.

image.png.23367c693b4b835bdce997a351aa36be.png

What they're is doing is illegal, afaik, in US, in UK and the whole EU. I expect to see more of these bans in the future (if the authors don't just leave). Evanpox had been gone for a while. I guess he got the mail being sent to authors and shot through the roof.

Edited by DoneBye
22 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

That's not true.  DMCA is a formal complaint.  Fill it out wrong or send it to the wrong person and they're free to ignore it.

22 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

Again, no it's not, and now you sound like a Nerxus/Dork0ne shill.

You have no idea what 'appropriate channels' refers to in context; no one does because a stupid fucking moderator on a game site stated it.  Do THEY even know what the fuck they're talking about?

And only an idiot would send a DMCA directly to Nerxus.  That's not how that works either, unless Dork0ne has his own personal DMCA agent to process and review claims...which he doesn't.

Filing a DMCA takedown is a process and there's no legal ramifications for doing it incorrectly or falsifying it.  That's NOT how it works.  There are businesses that specialize in filing DMCAs and they lie all the time.  Youtube is rife with it.

Go back to Reddit or wherever the fuck it is you came from.

Edited by Kendo 2
3 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

My main mod was turned private in September 2020, when I stopped asking permissions. I use assets from a mod which was deleted from the Nexus, because the author of said mod didn't have permissions herself. She is still doing meshes for medieval armors to this day, but can't release her work. I also know other authors are not releasing stuff for fear of having it taken down. 

I see the parlor model as a great hindrance to the production of content in the Skyrim modding scene. I can make content myself, but I can't share it with other mod authors, who could improve and expand it.

So, essentially you are complaining about the fact that it is generally accepted to NOT just take other peoples assets and redistribute them in their own mods?

Gonna tell you something interesting, there is this beautiful thing called DEPENDENCY`S, which allow you to make use of other mods contents without having to include their assets.

Just because you don´t know how to use that doesn't mean we can just ignore author´s rights to their work and declare the entire thing a free for all.

There´s nothing stopping anyone from publishing their work, provided you do it properly.

This parlor mentality have gotten worse as years have passed. I can't fail to compare it to Oblivion days, when Anequina was released just three years after the game, whereas with Skyrim, after nine years, we dont have anything functional in the other provinces, only demos and teasers.

Are you living under a rock? (going by the fact that you are still using NMM, propably yes..)

I´m pretty sure Bruma is a thing. So are other large scale mods like Project AHO or Carved Brink. not quite Province sized, but still massive.

but I've made two full big cities in 18 months, which put together amounts to 6x the size of Solitude, with npcs, vendors, and routines, alone and without help. 

Do you want a fucking cookie now?

This mentality needs to go, and I hope automated (and free) mod lists can help with it. I support the efforts of Halgari and his team in this direction. Also it will harm the packages with free mods sold on Patreon, which are only there because of this anti-modpack stance on the Nexus. That is, mod authors don't want free modpacks in the Nexus, but want paid modpacks on Patreon, made by third parties, and from which they don't receive any money. 

Patreon modpacks exist because there is a certain subset of lazy bottom feeders who are willing to pay money to get a "easy mode" for modding. which will explode in their face anyway because those imbeciles have no clue what they are doing. Moving this the problem from scumbags on patreon to Scumbags on Nexus wont solve the underlying problem.

7 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

That's not true.  DMCA is a formal complaint.  Fill it out wrong or send it to the wrong person and they're free to ignore it.

Again, no it's not, and now you sound like a Nerxus/Dork0ne shill.

You have no idea what 'appropriate channels' refers to in context; no one does because a stupid fucking moderator on a game site stated it.  Do THEY even know what the fuck they're talking about?

And only an idiot would send a DMCA directly to Nerxus.  That's not how that works either, unless Dork0ne has his own personal DMCA agent to process and review claims...which he doesn't.

Filing a DMCA takedown is a process and there's no legal ramifications for doing it incorrectly or falsifying it.  That's NOT how it works.  There are businesses that specialize in filing DMCAs and they lie all the time.  Youtube is rife with it.

Go back to Reddit or wherever the fuck it is you came from.

Wait until people from EU start throwing Copyright and GDPR at them. This is bound to get interesting. I do hope people pile together and throw a class action lawsuit, be it from the US, UK, EU or all together.

If not, well, bury them in DMCA + GDPR/Copyright until they drown in their own shit.

14 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

Must I really post the trash that they wrote here? Fine. As you can see, it's related to the changes happening at the Nexus.

image.png.23367c693b4b835bdce997a351aa36be.png

Everything in that statement from Nerxus referring to 'legal' is patently false.  Whoever wrote that out doesn't have a fucking clue and they're not as clever as they think.

4 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Everything in that statement from Nerxus referring to 'legal' is patently false.  Whoever wrote that out doesn't have a fucking clue and they're not as clever as they think.

That's why I called it what it is... trash. Then again, that's all they spew out of their collective mouths all the time, anyway.

2 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

Wait until people from EU start throwing Copyright and GDPR at them. This is bound to get interesting. I do hope people pile together and throw a class action lawsuit, be it from the US, UK, EU or all together.

If not, well, bury them in DMCA + GDPR/Copyright until they drown in their own shit.

Dork0ne has bitten off more than he can chew with this and the game site 'because I said so' bullshit doesn't fly in the real world.  Stealing people's intellectual property and then banning them when they challenge you is BAD OPTICS.

And there is already precedent for modders owning their mods.  Steam and Bethesda.net ban people for uploading content that doesn't belong to them.  That implies there is indeed ownership by mod creators.  Can't have both ways with 'You own the mods only when we say you do'.

30 minutes ago, 27X said:

Advertising mod availability and compatibility as blanket  always on features is false advertising and actionable, as is using code you did not originate and financially secure through two party approved contract emplacement. A DMCA for the latter is entirely legal.

As per the Nexus Mods Terms of Service:

User-submitted content includes all data submitted to our services by a Nexus Mods user. Nexus Mods does not claim any ownership of your content. By submitting content to our services, you are granting an infinite, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license for Nexus Mods to store, distribute, copy or reproduce, edit, translate, reformat, publicly display, or perform the submitted content, at our discretion

By making a Nexus Mods account you have agreed to these terms. This has been the case since the earliest capture by the Wayback Machine (November 11, 2016), though with slightly different wording.

28 minutes ago, DoneBye said:

[edited out for brevity]

Related or not is irrelevant.

Unless other mod makers begin to file DMCA takedowns in response, then it's unliekly anything more will come of this.

24 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

No, I don't, but it's fairly safe to say opening right into litigation would solve nothing and only result in high expenditures for no reason. "Appropriate channels" is often used in refrence to "Our lawyer is contacting them", but could also mean the staff have contacted them via email.

Here you go, the form to file a DMCA reqest directly with Nexus Mods. A link to this can also be found by going to the bottom of the Nexus Mods website, and clicking "DMCA" under "Support"

17 U.S,C § 512(f) - Misrepresentations contradicts that. Just because it is rife on youtube does not make it legal to knowingly falsely send a DMCA notice.