Sim Spam in Downloads

8 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

Now both are gone by the same user but 3 more from someone else just appeared. One of them I just shake my head at, they put in their profile "Don't add my work to paysites or patreon!" really, because you are doing it to others by Paywalling their work on it.

Edit: NM...all of them are right back on the front page :( When they weren't on the front page, went into History and the file was gone, the page was blocked, but now its right back where it was before.

Yesterday I had a warning from an Admin for "spamming the report button" sadly. I didn't quite understand why so questioned this because I was trying to show them what was happening as far as spamming. I've not heard back yet but as many of the spam posters still seem to be highly active I think we can probably assume the Admin team has looked at this, I don't know ? Such a shame for all the content providers following posting etiquette. I still urge everyone to report posts though.

A bit of an update, sadly I didn't get any further reply by the admin who warned me as above so I can now only assume they have looked at what is happening and approve as I explained why this effects everyone including the amazing mod developers. I've also offered the hand of friendship to a few of the offending posters giving them an opportunity to visit this thread and explain why they do this. A big thank you to the ones who have and have now changed things, we do appreciate it. Sadly we are left with the selfish few who continue, one even wants £77/month behind a paywall... amazing value ? If I see Sandra Perez or Eliza Pancakes drift past updated for the 5000th time I think I'll go mad ?

If anyone is keeping track of reporting these can you please private message me with who you reported, I'll keep a list.

IMHO an easy fix could be if they'd change how the website's code works, so just updating the text of the mod's description wouldn't register as an Update. Same should apply to re-uploading the exact same files again. This could still be abused of course, but it would at least make it a bit more work intensive, instead of the present easy way that can literally be done in ten seconds with 3 clicks, no wonder people abuse it to hell.

36 minutes ago, thecobb said:

IMHO an easy fix could be if they'd change how the website's code works, so just updating the text of the mod's description wouldn't register as an Update. Same should apply to re-uploading the exact same files again. This could still be abused of course, but it would at least make it a bit more work intensive, instead of the present easy way that can literally be done in ten seconds with 3 clicks, no wonder people abuse it to hell.

.... They would still change something silly like, for example, a necklace, or add a tiny package file. The only solution I can see is moderation by admins. Infact let me moderate the thread and I'll sort it ;) Same old usernames are the culprits and we all can see who they are, the sort of horrible people who jump to the front of the queue in supermarkets. Sorry I don't mean to be nasty but I feel helpless :(

I understand that moderating all uploads would be a lot of work. When one is new one need to update the doc to fix images, typos etc. a few times. Anyhow this usually happens within one day and then there is a pause.
Or one may add a sim daily, it's also acceptable.

It's only a few people trying to keep their sim/CC/mod always on the first page. Suspending these accounts for 1 week could be a feasible warning for them and for others.

Moderators just need to do their job, seems lately they are not. Its in Loverslabs rules that this isn't allowed. They'd rather yell at people for misusing the report button than take care of the actual problem.

I understand the problem of figuring out who is trying to get back on the front page vs who is trying to fix a problem. They just need to watch it for a day, the biggest offenders have downloads in the 5-6 digits. Its unfair for those who did update their file to actually update it. Its like alot of forums don't like it when people bump their own thread to get it back to the top of the page, same idea here.

However, who do you speak to about this? If we can't hit the report button, then who?

Some have downloads in the 5-6 digits because in the past we have all probably downloaded the file multiple times to find out its not updated and exactly the same. A total waste of everyone's time!

I'm sure moderators have visited this thread a few time @Neodarkside ?

Hopefully others in the community will post their frustrations if all this annoys them to ?

On 5/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, ChinaTam said:

Some have downloads in the 5-6 digits because in the past we have all probably downloaded the file multiple times to find out its not updated and exactly the same. A total waste of everyone's time!

Lol I gotta admit I fell victim to this. Downloaded CC clothes and loaded up the game only to find out nothing changed.

It's sure is a bit infuriating to see all those same-looking sims whenever I go to the download section. The best mods are just poluted with children that fight against each other to be in the front page. Yikes.

Thank you a lot Ashal for this update, I report this problem 2 month ago and it got worse and worse as the weeks went by. I'm happy you fix this.

I hope that mod creators will be more motivated to post and create now that spam has disappeared from the sims 4 mod category.

2 hours ago, Abandoner said:

So can I update the format of my page and feel less guilty about it now? I'd love for the next step to be text edits don't count, then I can make as many mistakes as I like.

It is actually good idea. Or at least having the choice to make the description update count (sometimes it is important).

6 hours ago, Abandoner said:

So can I update the format of my page and feel less guilty about it now? I'd love for the next step to be text edits don't count, then I can make as many mistakes as I like.

There was no problem with updating, it was those who clearly updated tiny bits, if anything, to spam the front page of all sims 4 downloads. Agree it would be good for description changes not to count as an update.

9 hours ago, Abandoner said:

LOL, don't dare. ;)

I love your sims and from my point of view the discussions wasn't about you. After 48 hours without any updates your sims will be on page two or three again.

New creators need to understand how the editor works and to fix some typos. This usually happens within a few hours and on the next day.
But fixing one typo or adding a new word every six hours multiple days or weeks in a row is quite strange, isn't it?

@Abandoner

I agree, dont feel guilty. The problem was those who update all the time just to be seen (or worse...).

Release sims creation is perfectly fine.

And I agree with the post above that you do a good job, I already notice it months ago on your blog, it didnt change.

1 hour ago, Abandoner said:

Plus, I didn't know this was even going on until a couple of days before I started  page. Glad that it has been separated now.

As thankful as I am that the problem in the main download section has been fixed, I feel a bit sorry for those genuine creators of Sims, like yourself, as they are stuck with all the selfish spammers in the sims section now.

I am not gonna read this whole thread. I just wanna say how grateful i am they made a section for sims downloads only. This was all getting ridiculous. I was so tired wading through mostly unremarkable simspam to find the gems of cc and mods i was after. Thank you thank you thank you oh mighty admins! 

9 hours ago, Abandoner said:

Plus, I didn't know this was even going on until a couple of days before I started a page. Glad that it has been separated now.

Same here. I literally waited until I could release new sims to update the texts in the downloads just so I wouldn't add to the sim spams.

If there's something to be fixed everyone can update at any time. This has never been an issue. Even 10 updates within one hour do no harm.

But one should finish editing then (virtually lock post "forever") and concentrate on something else.

Modders come 1st here, so exploiting this rule is easy. Everyone may create 60 random EA sims and add one as a new post or to an existing one bi-daily.

Ignoring the rules one may also link to Patreon and upload there the better sims or sims from others and advertise them here.

• I don't claim that a member of LL did or does this, it's just shows a small weakness of the rule.
  • Look at the download section for yourself.