Sim Spam in Downloads

1 minute ago, ChinaTam said:

So if the download section gets really busy with lots of new content, you will thus have to spam it to advertise your Patreon ??? You won't go off the first page ? So there is our problem, your only concern is your Patreon, your income. THIS IS NOT A SHOP WINDOW!

No, it's not, that's why I don't update my content constantly, my last update was an actual edition of my post replacing images, almost 24 hours ago.

1 minute ago, Spam Police said:

@Idiche Volfe You can be all uppity about this as much as you'd like, but at the end, you can bet your bottom dollar that this spamming issue WILL BE SOLVED one way or another. At the moment, all we do is talk about the issue, but if you read back a bit you'll see that not only "wannabe mod LARPers with a Napoleon Complex" like moi are interested in solving this issue, but actual mods too  (hence the recent CAS/mods separation)... so all I can say is that it's not too late yet for everyone to change their behavior for the better, so they not gonna end up on the wrong end of the proverbial stick when the day comes.

I don't engage in the spam, I don't have a problem with being asked to stop something I don't do that bothers me as well, I'm just here because I got mentioned lol

1 minute ago, Idiche Volfe said:

No, it's not, that's why I don't update my content constantly, my last update was an actual edition of my post replacing images, almost 24 hours ago.

What you should do is an update removing outdated mod packages from your sim archives. 

1 minute ago, mrrakkonn said:

What you should do is an update removing outdated mod packages from your sim archives. 

Oh I already did when I unified all my files ages ago, I will check it out one by one if I forgot anything, thanks for the heads up :)

idiche volfe said hours ago quote "I used to engage on the spam a few months ago when it started, so I'm not going to exempt myself from blame there." unqoute

18 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

I don't spam,

19 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

I will ignore the condescending tune in which this message

that did not have a condescending tone and it was a challenge and it also offered an example of how to do it, as someone who has a degree in accounting and has run a few businesses in the past i gave you some free advice and used reason. but what do u do you make a personal attack on me so fine.you have now shown you can not be reasoned with as someone who has made and released mods in the past i vote LL should make a policy on spamming the downloads with one warning followed by a suspension for a second offense and banning for the third offense

3 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

I don't engage in the spam, I don't have a problem with being asked to stop something I don't do that bothers me as well, I'm just here because I got mentioned lol

Just so you are clear - you were mentioned here because you are part of the problem, you have been spamming the download section to keep yourself on the front page.

Please listen to @mrrakkonn he is trying to help you! might be best using your time doing that than "updating" an image.

1 minute ago, jbradhl said:

idiche volfe said hours ago quote "I used to engage on the spam a few months ago when it started, so I'm not going to exempt myself from blame there." unqoute

Yes and I have stopped, I also said that, presently I don't spam.

as someone who has a degree in accounting and has run a few businesses in the past

Ok? I have a degree in Economics lmao

you have now shown you can not be reasoned with

I agreed with you on my post saying that the spam is bad and shouldn't be done, I'm not going to keep spamming if you guys think I'm doing spam, I will try to stop it, I just don't like the agressivity from everyone ?

19 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

It's happening right now on the download page just go check it out

You are responding to a guy whose sims download thread has *checks stats* 

• 1.2k replies
  • 1.7m views

and which *sorts the sims download forum* has the most views, and replies, in the entire forum. And, I might add, doesn't do what you claim "everyone does". I wonder wherein the difference lies... Anyway, I hate to turn this into a dick-measuring contest, but since it isn't my dick it feels justified. Yeah, if it's your livelyhood, fine, feel free to advertise it. I don't know how advertising works, maybe get in touch with the people who run LL. I don't know what the going rate is, but it's probably relativly affordable. It's not exactly AAA stuff in the ads most of the time.

For the rest of us this has for the last 10+ years been a community where we share mods freely. Given the time it takes to develop mods we're pretty fine with some time-limited Patreon stuff, hey, it's fair, and allowed under the rules of the forum. But what the spam is doing is hurting the main purpose of this forums existance, it's core use, finding and downloading mods. You gotta see why people get ticked off when you set up your shop in a shared community space. LL isn't a business billboard. Well, it didn't use to be that anyway. But like they always say, this is why we can't have nice things...

2 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

I agreed with you on my post saying that the spam is bad and shouldn't be done, I'm not going to keep spamming if you guys think I'm doing spam, I will try to stop it, I just don't like the agressivity from everyone

Fair enough thank you.

1 minute ago, ChinaTam said:

It feels as though you don't really understand what the problem is ?

I understand the problem is the spam, I recognize if you guys think I do spam, I will stop with the spam, I don't understand why that's an excuse to attack creators and say all we do is copy others

2 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

I understand the problem is the spam, I recognize if you guys think I do spam, I will stop with the spam, I don't understand why that's an excuse to attack creators and say all we do is copy others

Thank you that's all we want ?

What do you mean copy content ?

My problem is that you guys name people one by one and place people who update their files like, every 24 hours when it's necessary like me on the same place of creators that bump their stuff constantly every 20 minutes (names won't be mentioned but you all know who it is), if you guys think I do spam, I'll take a look on that, even tho when compared to other creators I really don't, and stop, 70% of my content is free I don't know why attack people for trying to make money out of their labor, it has nothing to do with the issue at all.

Because it is damaging to the community as a whole. And obviously, some of us like to be arround.

Just now, Idiche Volfe said:

Ok cool, that's not an excuse to generalize every sim creator and attack them for having an income

Not everyone. Some of the sim creators came here and are agree that some other creator are problematic.

5 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

Ok cool, that's not an excuse to generalize every sim creator and attack them for having an income

People here weren't generalizing every sim creator. That's just absurd. They were only calling out the ones that were a problem.

Well that's one of the questions, should this site be used primarily to help one's income? I believe the consensus here is no. You're the only one so far who responded out of the 8 invited to have their say and sadly the real offenders do not seem to care at all, not even a little bit.

I do think this thread is getting a little too heated now, though. I think discussion should return to solutions.

43 minutes ago, Idiche Volfe said:

They are making an income off someone elses content. This isn't JUST about Spam, its about the people who go into the game, create a Sim and then Lock it behind a Patreon Paywal. If it was just a Sim made using the Base game or expansions own content, that is between you and EA (btw, EA would win, says in their TOS that any content made with the game is their legal property and profitting off it is against that TOS). However, many of these creators are using other peoples works to make money, that is a very poor way to earn an income.