Sim Spam in Downloads

59 minutes ago, ChinaTam said:

Is anyone else getting tired of all the same sims being constantly posted in the download section advertising paywall Patreon accounts. Why are they allowed to keep posting advertising sims dressed in, what I consider, actual talented clothing CC designers creations without any credits given. Totally understand if anyone wishes to donate to these people but the constant posts feel like spam filling up the download section.

Yup, I agree. especially the Paywall using other peoples CC.

I'm sorry for being that spammer. First of all, I ask for your understanding because I am not good at English.
I never thought other users might be unpleasant about this.

I thought it would be okay because nothing of my contents isn't locked and other users do similar things, but now I see it was just comforting myself.

I thought about using a content lock from today, but I stopped after seeing this discussion. I'll restrain myself from now on.
By the way, Character customization is a big part of Sims, so wouldn't this be hard to control?

38 minutes ago, Lavr 03 said:

I'm sorry for being that spammer. First of all, I ask for your understanding because I am not good at English.

I thought it would be okay because nothing of my contents isn't locked and other users do similar things, but now I see it was just comforting myself.

I thought about using a content lock from today, but I stopped after seeing this discussion. I'll restrain myself from now on.
By the way, Character customization is a big part of Sims, so wouldn't this be hard to control?

Thank you for joining this conversation, I'm really not trying to be unpleasant about this but it very annoying when looking for new content only to realise many of the "sim" posters have not uploaded anything new. They are simply changing posts to get back to the top of the list. Many of them are not using their own CC with no credit given to the CC they use.

29 minutes ago, ChinaTam said:

Thank you for joining this conversation, I'm really not trying to be unpleasant about this but it very annoying when looking for new content only to realise many of the "sim" posters have not uploaded anything new. They are simply changing posts to get back to the top of the list. Many of them are not using their own CC with no credit given to the CC they use.

If custom sim posts have a definitely new sim and used CC is written, not uploaded directly, then it's okay how many sim posts are updated?

1 hour ago, Lavr 03 said:

If the moderators of this site started cracking down on the Paywall Sims it would help, they are using CC that isn't theirs, giving zero credit to them, and profiting off their hard work. The number of these Sims being posted daily is increasing and the ones that abuse the system will constantly update their file without adding anything new.

We're not asking you to stop, but honestly would recommend not using Patreon.

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

If the moderators of this site started cracking down on the Paywall Sims it would help, they are using CC that isn't theirs, giving zero credit to them, and profiting off their hard work. The number of these Sims being posted daily is increasing and the ones that abuse the system will constantly update their file without adding anything new.

We're not asking you to stop, but honestly would recommend not using Patreon.

I see, thanks. I won't use a Patreon link and just sharing from now on. I want to keep share my custom sims.
About other creators CC, I always just link CC, not share directly. It's okay, right?
But it still might look a little like spam, because I may post often and I always using normal CAS backgroud in screenshots. 
Additionally, I think my making style made my sims quite similar, and it also can cause.
I hope my sims look more different, but I can't. It makes me a little bit sad.

Don't take it personally...Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing, thus you are not the problem.

If it helps, the single biggest reason I don't use other peoples' sims is the CC included...My Mods folder is 9.59GB, all very carefully organised, with no conflicts. 

I really don't want it f**king up because someone included a merged file or similar amongst their CC.

Also IMHO it is disrespectful to include CC created by others, in so doing you are taking kudos for their work...Links to the CC creators' sites are much more appropriate.

2 hours ago, Lavr 03 said:

If custom sim posts have a definitely new sim and used CC is written, not uploaded directly, then it's okay how many sim posts are updated?

I don't think anyone has any problem with new content being uploaded, apart from using and taking credit for others CC without credit and hiding behind paywalls. But if you upload content then common sense is needed. If you want to post multiple items during days, do it all at once please, not every hour. Each download post has a support thread, please use that, after all that's what its there for.

49 minutes ago, simhead666 said:

Also IMHO it is disrespectful to include CC created by others, in so doing you are taking kudos for their work...Links to the CC creators' sites are much more appropriate.

Its the idea they are profiting from others work is what bugs me the most. In order to download their paywalled Sim, you have to pay them. Thats the biggest transgression in my eyes.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, ChinaTam said:

Is anyone else getting tired of all the same sims being constantly posted in the download section advertising paywall Patreon accounts. 

Yes.

I have nothing against Patreon (I support LL that way) or against creators with a Patreon account (I contribute to a few creators from various places), but the constant spamming is infuriating.

17 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

Its the idea they are profiting from others work is what bugs me the most. In order to download their paywalled Sim, you have to pay them. Thats the biggest transgression in my eyes.

Totally agree! always has me too. Do the moderators read these threads, I would be interested to know how they feel about all this ?

2 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Yes.

I have nothing against Patreon (I support LL that way) or against creators with a Patreon account (I contribute to a few creators from various places), but the constant spamming is infuriating.

Agree

I'll quote the community rules: "We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. ..."

I already contacted a moderator weeks ago ... without any success. It may help if more users reported these threads as spam.

1 hour ago, Oops19 said:

I'll quote the community rules: "We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. ..."

I already contacted a moderator weeks ago ... without any success. It may help if more users reported these threads as spam.

I have tried to contact a few of the "spammers" via their support posts, sadly they ignore or delete, says it all :( I am now starting to report them as spam. I think we all should.

If anyone wants to report these posts there is a link at the bottom of each post, as below. There is a "spam" option ;)

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-15T17-12-02.758Z.png

I think the moderators have taken a “support content creators no matter what” approach recently, so unless a post has malware in its files, they probably won’t actually do anything about it.

But yes, I agree this kind of thing is pretty annoying. 

9 minutes ago, porkybork said:

I think the moderators have taken a “support content creators no matter what” approach recently, so unless a post has malware in its files, they probably won’t actually do anything about it.

I even reported a mod which contains (or contained - I removed and no longer use it) a loader for malware. It was not removed.

If you are interested in details and want to check it yourself PM me. You'll likely have this mod installed.

56 minutes ago, ChinaTam said:

I have tried to contact a few of the "spammers" via their support posts, sadly they ignore or delete, says it all :( I am now starting to report them as spam. I think we all should.

Hello! First of all, my mother tongue is not English. I apologize for any mistakes.

I've been checking your comments about this situation on the other threads since you've also commented on mine. Unfortunately, as far as I see, all of them ignored you except me (if anyone else replied you, my apologies). I've explained the situation and I hope I could explain my point of updating my thread. I usually update my thread one time a day but sometimes, I get messages about missing files/broken cc etc. so I re-upload the file and then it happens to seen as "updated". Even though I really change something, it seems to "nothing new done" to some others. I can't blame them since it's kinda impossible to see what's going on, on the download section.

Here is my reply to your question on my thread:

Screenshot_1.png.b1c2caf1955bf03cb17bbf00a11fdc58.png

Honestly, there is a person who started all of this and since they started posting and updating their post every 10-15 minutes, everyone else started to doing it and it's been going on quite a while. I won't point the person, I won't name them. I totally agree that spamming is horribly annoying especially when I upload something new to loverslab and right after I upload it (I add my every move to the top of my thread), right after 30 seconds, my post goes to almost very bottom of the download section. Because someone else is updating theirs just right after 5 mins they already updated. Why? Because theirs must be at the very top all the time!

There is also second type of posters who upload their sims to a single post. Like, they uploaded 20 sims, they have 20 different posts about their 20 sims. And guess what, they update their 20 posts at once. This what makes things really complicated and messy in the download section.

As I mentioned above, I update my thread only once(and once more if I got messages about something missing/wrong). Other than that, I don't. But as I replied yesterday, i'll do my part and I won't update my thread even if there is something missing/wrong. I'll just wait for the next new sim upload and update it with new file.

4 minutes ago, TastyTexture said:

Hello! First of all, my mother tongue is not English. I apologize for any mistakes.

I've been checking your comments about this situation on the other threads since you've also commented on mine. Unfortunately, as far as I see, all of them ignored you except me (if anyone else replied you, my apologies). I've explained the situation and I hope I could explain my point of updating my thread. I usually update my thread one time a day but sometimes, I get messages about missing files/broken cc etc. so I re-upload the file and then it happens to seen as "updated". Even though I really change something, it seems to "nothing new done" to some others. I can't blame them since it's kinda impossible to see what's going on, on the download section.

Here is my reply to your question on my thread:

Screenshot_1.png.b1c2caf1955bf03cb17bbf00a11fdc58.png

Honestly, there is a person who started all of this and since they started posting and updating their post every 10-15 minutes, everyone else started to doing it and it's been going on quite a while. I won't point the person, I won't name them. I totally agree that spamming is horribly annoying especially when I upload something new to loverslab and right after I upload it (I add my every move to the top of my thread), right after 30 seconds, my post goes to almost very bottom of the download section. Because someone else is updating theirs just right after 5 mins they already updated. Why? Because theirs must be at the very top all the time!

There is also second type of posters who upload their sims to a single post. Like, they uploaded 20 sims, they have 20 different posts about their 20 sims. And guess what, they update their 20 posts at once. This what makes things really complicated and messy in the download section.

As I mentioned above, I update my thread only once(and once more if I got messages about something missing/wrong). Other than that, I don't. But as I replied yesterday, i'll do my part and I won't update my thread even if there is something missing/wrong. I'll just wait for the next new sim upload and update it with new file.

Thank you for joining the conversation and taking the time to explain. Sadly there is only one way to stop it and that's for a moderator to step in. I am now reporting each and every spam post in the hope that others will do the same. Lets see as it's spoiling everyone's enjoyment of LL.

I'm curious if one just got taken down just now. Was on the front page when one of the 15 minute reposters put 2 of their Patreon filled pages back onto the front page. And now one of them is entirely gone. So yeah, highly recommend marking the post as spam and see if it helps. Could also have a threshold too, X reports is an auto take down.

Edit: Went back into my History to see the topic that is missing and just get an error message now, so its gone.

Now both are gone by the same user but 3 more from someone else just appeared. One of them I just shake my head at, they put in their profile "Don't add my work to paysites or patreon!" really, because you are doing it to others by Paywalling their work on it.

Edit: NM...all of them are right back on the front page :( When they weren't on the front page, went into History and the file was gone, the page was blocked, but now its right back where it was before.