Toxic Masculinity and Men's Shame

10 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Protection from dismissal of individual rights and freedom of expression and choices, i'm thinking. That was a long time ago though, i dare say women have too much "protection" nowadays which is the unfortunate fall of feminism and woke narratives in general.

Nah, women as a group are next on the chopping block. Now it's all about the alphabet soup and race so if you're a biological female which happens to be not black you have to bow to your trans overlords or be so rich nobody can really touch you. Remember when Rowling was everyone's darling because she retroactively wanted to make every character gay, disabled or black? Well now she's getting hammered by the same people because she doesn't agree that transpeople get to decide everything. I'm not particularly sympathetic towards her, however, she brought that upon herself by pandering to the terminally online twitter-crowd.

44 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nah, women as a group are next on the chopping block. Now it's all about the alphabet soup and race so if you're a biological female which happens to be not black you have to bow to your trans overlords or be so rich nobody can really touch you. Remember when Rowling was everyone's darling because she retroactively wanted to make every character gay, disabled or black? Well now she's getting hammered by the same people because she doesn't agree that transpeople get to decide everything. I'm not particularly sympathetic towards her, however, she brought that upon herself by pandering to the terminally online twitter-crowd.

Yes, that's exactly what i meant when i said that the woke narrative today is undoing any achievements in the past by their predecessors who really understood what the word progress means. They have nobody to blame but themselves and the stupid system they've created will collapse on itself steadily but surely. I mean really, the fact that Caitlyn Jenner (who to be blunt is an old guy wearing dress and makeup) received the "woman of the year" award tells everything there is to tell about this madness.

World is a hilariously sad play that doesn't end.

6 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I mean really, the fact that Caitlyn Jenner (who to be blunt is an old guy wearing dress and makeup) received the "woman of the year" award tells everything there is to tell about this madness.

On the flip side... Caitlyn was only a woman for a year, and was dubbed woman of the year. Add in all the trans athletes dominating women's sports, and it's official... men make better women then women. ???

6 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Caitlyn Jenner (who to be blunt is an old guy wearing dress and makeup)

Am I one of the few to remember 'him' getting the honor of being presented on a Wheaties box - back when that was an award of sorts/achievement? Back then, getting on a Wheaties box meant you made it...   But I guess having Woman of the year pales that in comparison.

Wheaties%2B-%2BJenner.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I keep hearing about alphabet community this and alphabet community that.

Could anyone explain why the gay community, according to this logic, is the only community that can't possibly have been overtaken by wokeism, but is instead wokeism itself?

In short: #notallgaypeople

Isn't self-proclaimed allyship the main issue in most circumstances, whichever community?

This misunderstanding is rapidly turning into #gaypeoplemostaffected (or #insertminorityheremostaffected), setting us back again a couple of decades.

Personally, I'd love to see some pruning of these toxic, often heavily monetized fan-bases, starting with people calling themselves LGBTA who aren't asexual.

54 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

On the flip side... Caitlyn was only a woman for a year, and was dubbed woman of the year. Add in all the trans athletes dominating women's sports, and it's official... men make better women then women. ???

Oh that's peak progress right there. Fallon Fox beating up women before getting blasted by few elite tiers because he fucking sucks, Zuby destroying women's weight lifting records by insane margin, Caitlyn Jenner beating all women for the number 01 award, hell even in suicide, men have a much higher rating. Us men are better at everything across the board! Take that Patriarchy™! #Winning #StunningAndBrave #AllMenArePigs

wait...

44 minutes ago, landess said:

Am I one of the few to remember 'him' getting the honor of being presented on a Wheaties box - back when that was an award of sorts/achievement? Back then, getting on a Wheaties box meant you made it...   But I guess having Woman of the year pales that in comparison.

When was that anyway? 70's? Damn Jenner is old, makes his whole trans facade even more hilarious XD

12 minutes ago, xgtbkw said:

I keep hearing about alphabet community this and alphabet community that.

Could anyone explain why the gay community, according to this logic, is the only community that can't possibly have been overtaken by wokeism, but is instead wokeism itself?

In short: #notallgaypeople

Isn't self-proclaimed allyship the main issue in most circumstances, whichever community?

This misunderstanding is rapidly turning into #gaypeoplemostaffected (or #insertminorityheremostaffected), setting us back again a couple of decades.

Personally, I'd love to see some pruning of these toxic, often heavily monetized fan-bases, starting with people calling themselves LGBTA who aren't asexual.

Can't speak in generalities without generalizing. I know plenty of people from all walks of life whom get lumped into these categories (race, gender, sex, etc) that want nothing to do with the insanity.

40 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Can't speak in generalities without generalizing. I know plenty of people from all walks of life whom get lumped into these categories (race, gender, sex, etc) that want nothing to do with the insanity.

I completely agree, but can people at least put some effort into pointing at the correct direction. Meaning in the direction of allyship and/or activism as a business model.

6 hours ago, landess said:

Wheaties%2B-%2BJenner.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It certainly keeps you from doing jailtime for manslaughter.

"Toxic" masculinity is a coddled 20 year old's new age catch phrase to make themselves feel better about not being able to step up to challenges as their fathers did. "I need a safe space to scream at the sky!" 

Most of the negatives talked about here, have NOTHING to do with being a man, or being masculine, rather issues that whichever individual has, and again, as a way of not facing one's own short comings... Oooooo I know..... We can call it a "syndrome"! And abbreviate it. 

You don't cry in public! You have Toxic Masculinity Syndrome (TMS)!

You are competitive and want to win! TMS!

OY!!! If my husband was as some people want men to be, I would be a lesbian!!!

I would define toxic masculinity as masculine traits taken to destructive or self destructive extremes, and the same is true for toxic femininity.. only it's perfectly fine to be a toxic female in today's society, because golden vagina, while it is never ok to be a toxic male (in truth it's not good to be either).

As others have said, what that phrase is actually being used for is another way to try and control men, or rather to get them to conform and behave a certain way (like good little cuck "soy boys").

I got a nice little song for all of those feminists out there by the way:

I thought toxic masculinity means mostly insecure guys who feel less manly or masculine, overcompensate it by conforming outdated ideals and try overboard with masculinity to the point they try hardest prove how much a man they are. ?

Which quite self destructive and self harming for their relationships and their emotional/mental state, hence its toxic.

Maybe Im mistaken? ?

4 minutes ago, Resdayn said:

Maybe Im mistaken?

You're not, that's essentially all it is. And that kind of behavior is certainly not gender specific, so the term "toxic masculinity" is instead used to attack any form of maleness across the board. Because calling insecure and overcompensating losers the tryhard dipshits they are wasn't enough, it had to be made into a gendered issue because that's what you do when you have no real struggles in life.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

You're not, that's essentially all it is. And that kind of behavior is certainly not gender specific, so the term "toxic masculinity" is instead used to attack any form of maleness across the board. Because calling insecure and overcompensating losers the tryhard dipshits they are wasn't enough, it had to be made into a gendered issue because that's what you do when you have no real struggles in life.

I was right on it then.

Nowadays every definition changes fast, one day means this, another day this then go on.

Its a bit tiring to keep it up with it ?

8 minutes ago, Resdayn said:

Its a bit tiring to keep it up with it ?

That's why i just stopped giving a shit altogether, the burnout from this constant bullshit was too much for me. Everything just gets hijacked at some point by grifting hacks with nothing better to do in life. Let the morons tear each other apart, in the typical fashion they'll lose all ground at some point and they'd have nobody but themselves to blame for it. Of course they will blame something or someone, nothing is ever their fault because they're such noble woke saints after all.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, GrimReaper said:

..this line of thought reinforces some of the ideas from the middle ages about men and women, for example that women aren't capable of deciding for themselves and have to rely on a man to make sensible decisions for them.

It's funny, I tried to explain some of these ideas to someone who, by her own admission (paraphrase) "I was lucky I didn't end up with any STDs (she was extremely promiscuous in her younger years)", and this was exactly her take - before I had time to clearly explain where I stood on women.  "So, what?  Women aren't allowed to make their own decisions? [heavy sarcasm tone, of course]"  Have you SEEN the decisions you've made?  This, from the same person on the same subject who swore rightside up upside down and sideways that "The past doesn't matter!"  Oh-kay.   No reasoning with emotion, I can clearly see that.

But wait!  The above clearly makes me one of these 'toxic males'.  I mean, no question that something as deplorable as not wanting to raise someone else's child, or, heaven forbid, have a wife who has been sexually active with a minimum of people [male OR female in today's "wonderful" age].  Buy I'M the bad guy?  Really???

1 hour ago, Resdayn said:

Nowadays every definition changes fast, one day means this, another day this then go on.

This is because, those who make up these terms know how stupid the whole thing is, and once proven to be stupid, they must redefine their stupidity to keep their followers in line. Every one is offended by something. It's the whiners who make such noise and then call others bigot, hater, etc, as they know their point is without substance or merit, and need to rally emotion for their followers to suckle.

Again, things complained about are not masculine... many are simply bad traits, and know no gender. But I, for one, am very glad that I don't have to pat my husband on his back and say, "There, there..." as he bawls his eyes out to prove how sensitive he is. I think that it is a very small percentage of very loud people who even make such things into issues... like school yard bullies. 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:55 PM, LadySmoks said:

This is because, those who make up these terms know how stupid the whole thing is, and once proven to be stupid, they must redefine their stupidity to keep their followers in line. Every one is offended by something. It's the whiners who make such noise and then call others bigot, hater, etc, as they know their point is without substance or merit, and need to rally emotion for their followers to suckle.

Again, things complained about are not masculine... many are simply bad traits, and know no gender. But I, for one, am very glad that I don't have to pat my husband on his back and say, "There, there..." as he bawls his eyes out to prove how sensitive he is. I think that it is a very small percentage of very loud people who even make such things into issues... like school yard bullies. 

You have to admit though, the ideological stupidity is pretty great when it reaches comedic levels, I mean some of the stuff that gets debated is just so.... STUPID, lol. I mean when you've got people who can write the most ridiculous "studies" as a prank and then get them signed off on by prestigious colleges as legitimate... it's just too hilarious.

I've been watching this whole thing unfold for like 4 years now and I've got to say in some ways "clown world" has been pretty great.. you know silver linings and all that.

52 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Hell just today some bitch got uptight because I held the door open for her... I hold the door for everybody, it's called being polite, it's not my way of psychologically teabagging you. ?

Honestly, if everything is "toxic masculinity" then nothing is.

Sadly that's very prominent in large, metropolitan areas it seems.  Rural communities people actually have empathy for people who are polite because its proof they were raised by good parents.  It's one of the reasons you won't catch me dead in big cities like Albuquerque or Los Angeles.  Some people in both are to busy sniffing each others farts to polite.?