Toxic Masculinity and Men's Shame

3 minutes ago, sanya56714 said:

I and So across google translate.

Google Translate is only a slight grade increase above the Babel Fish App (which simply does not live up to its namesake).

You would probably serve you better to learn a bit of the syntax of the language that you are attempting to translate your message into rather than simply copy then paste the translated message.

Be certain to remove any typographical errors beforehand as well.

3 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Google Translate - это лишь небольшое повышение класса по сравнению с приложением Babel Fish (которое просто не соответствует своему тезке).

Вероятно, вам будет лучше изучить синтаксис языка, на который вы пытаетесь перевести свое сообщение, а не просто скопировать, а затем вставить переведенное сообщение.

Обязательно заранее удалите все типографские ошибки.

not can.

15 minutes ago, phillout said:

Like "they all look the same"?

Not necessarily, no. But it does have a part in that. Lions are biologically not as complex as humans, which is why we have phones and they don't. The development of our species has a lot to do with how our genes stack up with every reproductive cycle. The breeding pattern that works for lions is not ideal for humans for obvious reasons. Each species has it's own genetic allocation system and breeding patterns to facilitate them accordingly.

15 minutes ago, phillout said:

Just a relatively small amount of genes moving around the global pool is more that enough to keep the population diverse.

That'd work for lions, not us.

6 minutes ago, phillout said:

I guess this is what you call "a good analogy"?

Not quite, more like "using the language you'd understand".

Just curious, how comes those small tribes never invented phones or space rockets?

Because in their era our species hadn't reached such a technological capacity. Phones and rockets are a product of incremental developments across thousands of years.

Some vast difference in biology, I guess?

No.

7 minutes ago, phillout said:

In what era? I'm talking about small tribes still existing on this planet, and some are still being found these days.

I meant primitive tribes thousands of years ago, those tribes that are currently being found are still living in that era given their lack of any real progress. But this is exactly what constant bottlenecking and diminished genetic diversity looks like, isolation, no synchronization with the world populous and no real development with the world. Kinda like lions.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I meant primitive tribes thousands of years ago, those tribes that are currently being found are still living in that era given their lack of any real progress. But this is exactly what constant bottlenecking and diminished genetic diversity looks like, isolation, no synchronization with the world populous and no real development with the world. Kinda like lions.

So is it biology or not?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

It is and it isn't.

Google Translate to plain fair English - "I don't know anymore".

No, it has nothing to do with biology at all. An average human person by itself is a dumbshit hairless ape. Some with money, some don't have even that.

It's just that some specimen, very rarely found, can improve and invent - just a little bit. They aren't any biologically different to others of their kind. And than comes the only real difference of humans - the communication device, The one we use to talk to each other. No, not the phone, kiddo - the one in your mouth. It's the only biological difference (aside from the lack of penis bone) that humans have from other mammals - the ability to talk and form complex sentences. It's a really small difference, and it doesn't make us "more complex than lions" - that's bullshit, lions have their own complex "devices" for hunting we never had, compared to their senses ours are too primitive. But this small device gives humans an ability to form complex societies. This is a system which is more than the sum of its parts. And this system, a society, is responsible for complex developments, not our biology.

That's why those small tribes don't invent rockets. They are - doh - too small. Not enough informational exchange, circulation. 

2 minutes ago, phillout said:

Google Translate to plain fair English - "I don't know anymore".

Well then no wonder you're understanding wrong all the time, you're using good translate lmao.

3 minutes ago, phillout said:

No, it has nothing to do with biology at all. An average human person by itself is a dumbshit hairless ape. Some with money, some don't have even that.

There goes the matrix, you broke it.

It's just that some specimen, very rarely found, can improve and invent - just a little bit. They aren't any biologically different to others of their kind. And than comes the only real difference of humans - the communication device, The one we use to talk to each other. No, not the phone, kiddo - the one in your mouth. It's the only biological difference (aside from the lack of penis bone) that humans have from other mammals - the ability to talk and form complex sentences. It's a really small difference, and it doesn't make us "more complex than lions" - that's bullshit, lions have their own complex "devices" for hunting we never had, compared to their senses ours are too primitive. But this small device gives humans an ability to form complex societies. This is a system which is more than the sum of its parts. And this system, a society, is responsible for complex developments, not our biology.

Such a bizarre and salty tangent. If you're arguing that the ability to talk is the reason why we're so advanced then you must ask where that ability came from. I shouldn't have to explain this to an adult.

10 minutes ago, phillout said:

That's why those small tribes don't invent rockets. They are - doh - too small. Not enough informational exchange, circulation.

So close yet so far lol. Tell me why they're so small in the first place.

2 minutes ago, MonVert said:

When a man and a woman get together...you get phones? ?

It would be more like "When brain cells come together in a certain configuration then accumulate the right types of data from a storehouse of knowledge built up over time by a culture, on gets phones".

Everything does indeed have a biological basis but biology alone is not enough to lead to certain advances. It only creates the capacity to make those advances.

One needs muscles of some kind to be able to leap. One needs a means of generating lift to be able to fly and so forth.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, nIn nIn nIn said:

Toxic masculinity?

Read - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_masculinity#:~:text=Toxic masculinity is thus defined,other emotions such as anger.

Men can be masculine without being toxic. Real men cry when someone they love dies or gets hurt. Real men can wear a pink shirt and it doesn't mean anything (ie - not gay) and many etceteras can be added to that very short list of just 2 examples.

If you can't be a "real man" without putting other men down who are "less" (in your eyes alone) then you are a toxic.

Real men CAN cry, CAN wear :)

one can be non toxic, AND not prone to crying, or just not a fan of wearing pink :P

But you are correct in that if someone does cry or wear pink, it doesnt make them more or less a "man"

4 hours ago, phillout said:

You are the best thing that could happen to this thread, my friend.

Why do you feel such need to demean someone just because their first language is not English? It isn't my first language either. It isn't even my second. So, how many languages do you speak? Read? Write? Have you ever reached out to communicate with anyone that does not speak YOUR language?

As this thread is about "toxic masculinity", you prove what I said before... rudeness, arrogance, bad manners... not a male issue, but one of the individual. 

"not can". As FauxFurry said, perhaps to understand the syntax? In Russian, not comes before. 

18 hours ago, Darkpig said:

And plenty of reason not to trust either of them. One is a money whore and one is a like whore.

I'm just here for the shit show. And the mods of course but also the shit show.

Nobody here asked you to trust us... we're merely speaking our minds.