24 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The captives are Protected since they are potential settlers.  But when they are tied up, they are in the Captive faction, so they should never be attacked by anyone.  In my testing the captives have always been ignored by the Raiders or Super Mutants until I free them.

Okay, my specific instance was with 2 Deathclaws that spawned in Lexington, by Corvega. 4 captives spawned, 2 ground level outside the building were consistently focused by deathclaws.

12 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Okay, my specific instance was with 2 Deathclaws that spawned in Lexington, by Corvega. 4 captives spawned, 2 ground level outside the building were consistently focused by deathclaws.

And there's your sign. ;)

19 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Ah I misread your post.  I thought the captors were attacking the captives, but you're talking about other enemies attacking the captors and captives.  I'll see what I can do about that.

19 hours ago, dreadzeppelin7 said:

I love the ide for this mod, but I'm having an issue.

The NPCs are spawning in, as well as the furniture from CRX and occasionally TD, but the NPC's aren't "attaching" to them. They just stand in front of whatever equipment spawns. Occasionally I'll get one settler on her knees but that's it. Any recommendations?

Have you figured it out? I'm having the same issue. Whats odd is it seems to work sometimes, the Settlers are attached to the furniture as intended but the rest of the time they just idle next to it. The dialogue works fine they're just.. standing there.

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png.8fcc2d5c87b6e032a07e1a0081cf22f9.png

But loving the mod so far. Also a small suggestion, would it be possible to have the Settlers spawned in gagged and maybe talk in "mmphs"? Maybe as an option? Seems fitting given the circumstances but maybe thats just me ?

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

@rookie189@dreadzeppelin7@Darkblendjoe

I think I know what the problem is, but I want to make sure before I make a new release.  Could you install the attached and let me know if it fixes the problem?  This is just the plugin, so you need to have version 0.91 of the mod installed, then install this and let this file overwrite the plugin.

Commonwealth Captives Test Plugin.7z 83.3 kB · 3 downloads

Hey Ego,

I did try this but unfortunately the darn settlers just won't connect to the equipment, or they are being connected but then immediately being disconnected by something. 

From what I can tell, what does work is what comes from Torture Devices, but none from CRX do. CRX works perfectly if I instruct an NPC to use a CRX device in a settlement. 

I reviewed the mods I have and I assumed it was sexual harassment as NPCs will remove themselves to approach the PC but that doesn't appear to be the case either. Besides AAF and animations, I don't really have anything else to remove that I can think of that could be causing this issue.

I'll do a last ditch effort and remove everything I have expect for this mod and its requirements and see what happens. 

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

@rookie189@dreadzeppelin7@Darkblendjoe

I think I know what the problem is, but I want to make sure before I make a new release.  Could you install the attached and let me know if it fixes the problem?  This is just the plugin, so you need to have version 0.91 of the mod installed, then install this and let this file overwrite the plugin.

Commonwealth Captives Test Plugin.7z 83.3 kB · 4 downloads

Well I've checked 4 different sites and waited 4 days then rechecked them and everyone is working as should be. They're on crosses and x frames. The only oddity I saw was a "flying" leg on one person on an x frame but that frame was on a RR track so possibly that was a collision problem with the RR track and the X frame.

This mod is fucking brilliant.

I noticed that the first captive I rescued became a follower? The follower menu showed up. I already had Dogmeat as a follower.

The second, and third captive rescued did not get the follower menu, but could be managed with the dialog provided by the mod. 

Nice.

Be nice if the captives were unique or named somehow.

I am really enjoying the update where once you send them to a settlement they arrive clothed and the bindings removed from their inventory. A small tedium to carry 5-10 extra pairs of clothes to cover their shame once they were rescued and throwing the bindings in a random drawer in the Commonwealth.

1 hour ago, Molevalence said:

I am really enjoying the update where once you send them to a settlement they arrive clothed and the bindings removed from their inventory. A small tedium to carry 5-10 extra pairs of clothes to cover their shame once they were rescued and throwing the bindings in a random drawer in the Commonwealth.

So yeah, um, I like to have to option to do the opposite. 

I'm crossing my fingers someone else steps in and says the same...lol. Otherwise, I'll just go to the house of shame now. 

Just an idea I feel it would be interesting for raiders to use captives as bait to lure the PC in for ambushes, even "diplomacy" where you can buy them off and take the settlers and a slight possibility where you pay the bounty and they capture you along with the settlers and trigger an abduction scenario from the RSE Combat Surrender and Abductions mod. Gunners could do this as well super mutants not so much as they would probably eat the settlers before coming up with a plan.

Of course this is just an idea. :)

1 hour ago, theblindbat said:

Another idea might be to add some sort of call for help from the captives either always or after the baddies have been eliminated. They can be rather hard to find and you'd think a captive would try to let a potential rescuer know they're there...

There's the bait raider outside Hardware Town, wonder if her monologue would fit this scenario too...

Had a captive kneeling between 2 SM and the splash damage was just enough to piss her off but not kill her. Well... she jumped up and joined in kicking my PC's arse... then having a bit of fun with her when Violate kicked in. Then had the audacity to beg to be saved!!

Bitch.. you shot me with a rocket launcher then raped my arse.... ya are kinda cute though... fine lets go.

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Had a captive kneeling between 2 SM and the splash damage was just enough to piss her off but not kill her. Well... she jumped up and joined in kicking my PC's arse... then having a bit of fun with her when Violate kicked in. Then had the audacity to beg to be saved!!

Bitch.. you shot me with a rocket launcher then raped my arse.... ya are kinda cute though... fine lets go.

:D  :D  :D  :P

8 hours ago, theblindbat said:

Another idea might be to add some sort of call for help from the captives either always or after the baddies have been eliminated. They can be rather hard to find and you'd think a captive would try to let a potential rescuer know they're there...

Yeah I've been looking at adding that.  I just need to round up enough different lines so it's not a chorus of the same thing over and over if there are multiple captives in an area.

I saw this mod in the dl area and thought it looked interesting but would probably break pre-combines, then I saw the author and downloaded instantly! Thank you Ego!

Hey, if you are still developing and care to add chances of dcc-Plugins being used on captives when you find them, it would be "fitting".

Thanks again.

Another fun addition could be to add a "Hard Core" rescue setting in MCM. What this would do is add integration for Explosive Collars from Real Handcuffs to have a chance to spawn on the captives. You then must kill the area boss to get the collar code before rescuing the NPC or their head goes boom.

Ego thanks for this mod its really fun playing the good guy rescuing captives dont need the recruitment beacon anymore just go out exploring and you find enough settlers to man your settlement. 

no idea you take ideas anychance for an intergation with simsettlement conqueror ? this way you can captures these settlers as slaves when playing the raider questline. Free labor for your raidersettlement lol. :) 

Also anychance the raiders themselfs will have fun with them before detecting the player ? that way they serve more then eyecandy during those raids when rescuinng them.