Bug, maybe? Or intended? :

When player gets defeated via Violate, the captives nearby will jump out of their binds and join the assault. After assault they run back to their binds/furniture. (if I freed and recruited them, and get assaulted while they follow me, they get assaulted by Violate like normal follower would)

Mods like MCG also affect captives and have them jump out of binds to initiate MCG event, they run back to their bindings afterwards. Had a pretty hilarious moment where captive on a cross jumped down to drugassault me after clearing a camp. Some gratitude! They walked back to their cross and I cleared their head with some lead as well :P

If captives could be excluded from these events it'd be great!

36 minutes ago, kiesu said:

When player gets defeated via Violate, the captives nearby will jump out of their binds and join the assault. After assault they run back to their binds/furniture. (if I freed and recruited them, and get assaulted while they follow me, they get assaulted by Violate like normal follower would)

Are you using an older version of Violate?  The Captives from this mod are flagged with a keyword (AAF_ActorLocked) that makes Violate ignore them both as aggressors and victims.  But older versions of  Violate didn't know about that keyword, so that may be the reason.  That certainly doesn't happen in my game.

They are put in the correct factions so that Violate will treat them as companions once when they are following you, so that part is working as intended.

36 minutes ago, kiesu said:

Mods like MCG also affect captives and have them jump out of binds to initiate MCG event, they run back to their bindings afterwards. Had a pretty hilarious moment where captive on a cross jumped down to drugassault me after clearing a camp. Some gratitude! They walked back to their cross and I cleared their head with some lead as well :P

Well, that's the same issue.  Well-behaved mods should ignore actors with the AAF_ActorLocked keyword.

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Try changing the CRX MCM settings to only use ropes.  Enabling nails or nails+ropes causes problems with CRX even in settlements.

That too.. but I figured it out.

If I rescue a captive before the ropes appear, on rare occasions they don't spawn for several seconds, then they're not removed with the cross.

Just tried it, had 3 crosses 1 didn't spawn ropes, snatched the captive left the cell (interior) went back cross was gone & ropes were there. Totally not a CC issue. CRX is just buggy, I like the crosses, but it needs your coding magic. ;)

52 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Are you using an older version of Violate?  The Captives from this mod are flagged with a keyword (AAF_ActorLocked) that makes Violate ignore them both as aggressors and victims.  But older versions of  Violate didn't know about that keyword, so that may be the reason.  That certainly doesn't happen in my game.

They are put in the correct factions so that Violate will treat them as companions once when they are following you, so that part is working as intended.

Well, that's the same issue.  Well-behaved mods should ignore actors with the AAF_ActorLocked keyword.

Ah, you are correct. My Violate seems to be behind. Gonna fix that right now, thanks

I'll assume older mods without this keyword are just going to be dodgy with captives without a patch then. I'll keep that in mind.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Could you install the attached and let me know if it fixes the problem?

Sorry I'm late but yeah it didint work for me either unfortunately. Not sure if its relevant but the vanilla kneeling animation works 100% of the time for me, its just the furniture ones that bug out. I'm not very familiar with the Fallout 4 section but are there other mods that would be fighting over the furniture specifically? 

21 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

@kziitd@Darkblendjoe and anyone else who has the issue of the captives standing in front of the devices (not kneeling):

could you install AI Package Debug, find one of these captives, and post a screenshot of the result?

This will help me determine what is going on. 

I love this mod, but I've been having this same problem with captives standing in front of devices. I tried the AI Package Debug, but it says they're running Commonwealth Captives... so this problem doesn't help.

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot2.png

12 minutes ago, lionheart72 said:

I love this mod, but I've been having this same problem with captives standing in front of devices. I tried the AI Package Debug, but it says they're running Commonwealth Captives... so this problem doesn't help.

Thank you and @rookie189 - this is helpful.  If the problem really was AI packages from another mod I would have to make major changes, so this is actually not a bad thing.

New Version 0.92 uploaded

• Added support for X-crosses from ZaZOut4.  The crosses are buggy on males, so they will only appear with female captives.
  • Added MCM options to enable or disable the use of devices from supported mods
  • Captives have been added to additional factions making animals and Deathclaws non-hostile to them
  • Captives sent to settlements between 8PM and Midnight have dialogue explaining why they don't travel right away
  • The player can now use Stimpaks on freed captives who fall down due to damage
  • Restraints will now be removed from captives when they are freed
  • The initial placement of captives and furniture has been changed to reduce instances of captives not attaching to the furniture

No need for a new save, just update the mod and keep playing.

Hopefully this reduces the issues some people were experiencing where captives wouldn't attach to the devices.  I managed to reproduce it a few times, by loading an autosave that was made when I entered a building inhabited by Raiders.  The changes I made to the code that places the captives and furniture fixed the problem for me, so hopefully it will for everyone else as well.

I am working on some additional features, including tattoos/markings, functioning gags, and bondage positions using Gray User's animations.

20201007140344_1.jpg

Stay tuned...

On 10/11/2020 at 11:55 PM, Invictusblade said:

but that shouldn't happened

my mod uses vanilla assets so it should be affected by MTO

but CCaptives uses unique settlers NPC's

unless there are scripts running in MTO to actively deny Female NPC's (which is possible)

Interesting. I assumed MTO was at fault when I came across multiple raider camps with naked (and not at all pregnant) men named "pregnant sex slave" yet never found a female one.

19 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I don't think that is possible.  This mod uses its own settlers, it doesn't rely on any vanilla NPC records at all.  MTO only modifies existing NPC records, and it has no scripts to dynamically change the sex of new NPCs.

Have you checked the "Chance captive is male" MCM setting?

Thanks, I forgot you actually implemented male captives and that the proportion was configurable. Chances are I was simply not being favored by the RNG gods, and kept only running across male captives. I'll play some more and see if I can get a larger sample.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, EgoBallistic said:

I originally had that in the mod, but it caused a lot of problems when combat started, and sometimes caused crashes if you went through a loading door while an animation was in process. 

Can you bring this feature back? Maybe as extra file?

On 10/11/2020 at 1:10 PM, izzyknows said:

LOL! A captive/settler just got bit with this bug. Completely forgot about it and was the reason I quit using it.

My "fix" is to kill the infected NPC.

Hence my point of not using non killable NPCs :).

The new version now works flawlessly! I thought CRX was very broken as none were appearing, but i simply forgot to reinstall it and now they attach and appears all good with the short test I did at least.

I look forward to the fact that your bondage animation package will have some use!

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:
  • Added support for X-crosses from ZaZOut4.  The crosses are buggy on males, so they will only appear with female captives.

I am working on some additional features, including tattoos/markings, functioning gags, and bondage positions using Gray User's animations.

Is the ZaZOut furniture substantially different from the versions in TortureDevices?  They look basically identical other than the colors/textures.  Saya has TD in the guide so probably a ton of people have it installed already, and it doesn't conflict with skeletons or F4SE.  Edited to remove that second part since this mod already supports TD (duh).  But I'm still curious if the furniture types are different other than color.

Ooooh, if you're adding overlay support for captives eventually, cum splatter is top of my personal wish list.  ^_^

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Is it possible to clean rescued captives somehow? I'm the 8k skin mod and for some reason its incompatible with dirt  and makes the actor appear translucent.

Gooser, I use the same skin texture and followed Ego's solution which appears in another thread linked below.  Works like a charm.  ?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/134056-aaf-dirty-sex/?do=findComment&comment=2829761

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Placement is somewhat better. Kind of a 75/25 thing. LOL Kneeling seem to like idlemarkers.

Edit: had the Going to rest a bit... dialogue trigger right on time. Then they both promptly took off across the Commonwealth. LMAO!

Hide contents

1323534572_Fallout4Screenshot2020_10.12-22_04_31_77.png.87db0ae660e48be17af6ef8779e5692b.png

Those damn Gunners. Making captives carry them around on their shoulders!

33 minutes ago, gooser said:

Those damn Gunners. Making captives carry them around on their shoulders!

Oooh and did you know that exploding pants on a Raider does no damage to Captives... even when they're sitting on them? Weeeel ya do now! hehehe

422552013_Fallout4Screenshot2020_10.13-00_05_57_19.thumb.png.3b600e0f8f9982f93149840b2d7841fe.png

14 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Hmm, I updated Violate. While the captives don't join assaults anymore, if my pc gets assaulted some captives nearby enter "surrender" pose like they'd be a companion (without me rescuing them first). This guy kept popping up and down from his cross, not being able to decide if he should surrender or stay tied to a cross :P (and kept sinking into the cross in the popping loop as a result)

Spoiler

20201013003546_1.jpg.76a7bceb11c850094e77bd527648ad9f.jpg20201013003554_1.jpg.282ae67664079a7c293f0a9b99afe50d.jpg

6 hours ago, forotherstuff32 said:

It would be nice to get rid of my "needs" by asking for favors to the rescued captives.

Sorry for asking much, but is this even do-able?

You can have sex with the rescued captives with the "return the favor" dialogue.  MCG should recognize the animation and tags and reduce your needs.  Commonwealth Captives even adds the "Consensual" meta tag to the animation request, which MCG is supposed to listen for.  If it doesn't, that's a problem in MCG.  It works with Sex Attributes for example.

5 hours ago, Darkblendjoe said:

The new version now works flawlessly! I thought CRX was very broken as none were appearing, but i simply forgot to reinstall it and now they attach and appears all good with the short test I did at least.

Thanks, that is good to hear.

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Is the ZaZOut furniture substantially different from the versions in TortureDevices?  They look basically identical other than the colors/textures.  Edited to remove that second part since this mod already supports TD (duh).  But I'm still curious if the furniture types are different other than color.

They are not very different, the crosses in ZaZOut do resemble the ones in TD.  I think the ZaZ ones look a bit nicer, and the actors on them are posed more provocatively.  If you prefer not to install ZaZOut you aren't missing a lot, though.  I just like the added variety.