2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I just noticed that 3 captives I've had following for pretty good while can now be commanded like a normal companion. ie: Stay, Follow, Inspect....

Is this normal or just something on my end?

Something must have changed them, it's not done by this mod.  There are a few mods that temporarily un-flag companions as player teammates, and when they later restore the flag they also set them as commandable.  It's not really a problem, just not 100% what I intended. 

10 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Something must have changed them, it's not done by this mod.  There are a few mods that temporarily un-flag companions as player teammates, and when they later restore the flag they also set them as commandable.  It's not really a problem, just not 100% what I intended. 

Yeah it's not an issue for me at all, actually I rather like it. LOL Seems sort of like an affinity/trust feature.

Ahh... I bet it was Outcast & Remnants, because the dialogue interface is exactly the same.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, EgoBallistic said:

As I mentioned on the download page, "Be careful if you install this, do not let it overwrite your skeleton file or any F4SE files."  The specific files are:

• Data\Scripts\ScriptObject.pex
  • Data\Scripts\ObjectReference.pex
  • Data\Scripts\Form.pex
  • Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets\Actors\skeleton.nif

The first 3 are from F4SE and the last is from ZeX or whichever skeleton you use.

Hi, idiot question, sorry. I have been trying to fix the zaz animation with the old skele messing with extended zex skeleton problem for the animations (I am on MO2), and I cannot get the skele to behave (the penis basically flies out the back). I know you explained it here, but I am not techy enough to understand what I need to do.

Zaz is overwritten by Zex skeleton in my load order, but I do not know how to prevent the F4SE scripts getting overwritten (beyond deleting them in the mod folder which didn't seem to work). Any help, gratefully appreciated.

Also, great mod!

52 minutes ago, blahblahblah98 said:

I do not know how to prevent the F4SE scripts getting overwritten (beyond deleting them in the mod folder which didn't seem to work). Any help, gratefully appreciated.

I'm not familiar with MO2, but if it doesn't have an unpacked staging area where you can just delete those files out of the mod, then you could use 7zip to delete the files out of the packed mod. It's not as if there's likely to be any new versions of it any time soon anyway, so you don't need to worry about a new download undoing your modification there.

One odd thing I'm noticing is that captives who I've sent to my settlements aren't wearing clothes. Most appear to have lost the gear I gave them (clothes and weapons scavenged from the raiders who held them, nothing special) though a few either still have the weapons or have gained the same weapon. Many, but not all, seem to have clothes in their inventory but do not have them equipped. Instead they have the various ropes equipped. I don't know that I mind this, but it's odd.

33 minutes ago, lionheart72 said:

One odd thing I'm noticing is that captives who I've sent to my settlements aren't wearing clothes. Most appear to have lost the gear I gave them (clothes and weapons scavenged from the raiders who held them, nothing special) though a few either still have the weapons or have gained the same weapon. Many, but not all, seem to have clothes in their inventory but do not have them equipped. Instead they have the various ropes equipped. I don't know that I mind this, but it's odd.

This is from the first page of this thread:

Note: when you send a settler to a settlement, their outfit will get reset once they get far away from you.  This will cause whatever they are wearing to disappear.  So, do not give them any armor you care about.

• 5 months later...

I see people are still talking about this mod in that other thread, so I went ahead and unhid it.  I will update it at some point, but not right away.  I still have all my files, but I don't have Fallout 4 installed at the moment so it will take a bit for me to get back into things.

The mod works pretty well in most cases, but there are sometimes issues with the dynamic placement (like in the pic above).  That sawhorse is a real pain.  I think there is also a problem where sometimes the captives will get into a surrender pose if Violate is triggered, so I need to deal with that.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Thanks.  I got really burned out back in October and modding stuff was starting to interfere with life in general.  I had tried just stepping away for a while, but that never works, so I removed everything related to Beth games from my PC and quit cold turkey.  It was a much needed enforced break.  I feel like playing and modding this stuff again, so I am slowly getting back into it.

I know the feeling. I spent many a 30+hr day working for Kinggath and finally had to call it quits. Last month I got back into it a bit started helping Kickinit09. Hopefully his code monkey shenanigans will be done by the end of the month. ;)

So yeah... just chill and fiddle fart around when you feel like it.

That update done yet.. hehehe

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Thanks.  I got really burned out back in October and modding stuff was starting to interfere with life in general.  I had tried just stepping away for a while, but that never works, so I removed everything related to Beth games from my PC and quit cold turkey.  It was a much needed enforced break.  I feel like playing and modding this stuff again, so I am slowly getting back into it.

It's good to see you again! Don't burn yourself out too much, take a break whenever you need.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I see people are still talking about this mod in that other thread, so I went ahead and unhid it.  I will update it at some point, but not right away.  I still have all my files, but I don't have Fallout 4 installed at the moment so it will take a bit for me to get back into things.

The mod works pretty well in most cases, but there are sometimes issues with the dynamic placement (like in the pic above).  That sawhorse is a real pain.  I think there is also a problem where sometimes the captives will get into a surrender pose if Violate is triggered, so I need to deal with that.

Glad you are back. Saves us from making up stories how Aliens abducted you and probed you into quitting!                                      Were you probed? Asking for a friend.

10 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I get the apprehension over what you see as areas for improvement, but to be completely honest this mod is already great. It's been integral to my playthroughs since you originally released it, and I really have no complaints. Thanks for making it and sharing it with us, even if you feel it's not completely up to your standards (yet or ever).

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Whoa, wait a second! Ego is back!???

kermit_nutty.gif

Have to say when you left I dropped out of FO4 entirely. (I probably needed a break as well!) Glad to see you back!

Regarding the mod, the only issue (aside from those you pointed out which aren't a big deal) that I've run into, are saved captives reverting to no clothes after you've been away for awhile.

Of course... that's not a big deal in my case either. AHEM. :face_dragon: ?

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

Regarding the mod, the only issue (aside from those you pointed out which aren't a big deal) that I've run into, are saved captives reverting to no clothes after you've been away for awhile.

Well that's annoying, I thought I squashed that.  I'll have to take a look.

2 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Well your return has inspired me to start a new game. So I'll do some testing on it while I'm at it. Which means actually giving them clothes. ?

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

Of course... that's not a big deal in my case either. AHEM. :face_dragon: ?

I second this :D

In some cases for me they do, it all depends(I'm just not sure what it depends on exactly). In cases where they do not have clothes, they still have ropes in their inventory. 

Glad to see the author and this mod back! I've kept this mod sense October, it's a fantastic mod for anyone looking to expand the population of their settlements, and be picking on you want to have in your settlements, you know, for those who want all women....  

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

It seems like the script will randomly run on a large portion of your "saved settlers" putting them back into EBCC_slaveCollarAndManaclesOutfit. Even with a "default outfit" set and included in their inventory, the engine thinks the Ropes are default because that's what they originally spawned wearing. (right or wrong that's how I rationalize it)

But, they also change outfits more than once. Save a captive in an interior cell & have them work for you. Exit the cell before them and note what they are wearing when they exit. Visit their settlement later and they will have a different outfit on, or Ropes.

Hell, maybe it's a keyword not being removed. LOL