On 1/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, gender65 said:

No, I didn't make him immortal in the MSM of this mod.I didn't touch this option at all. Through the console, too, it was not possible to make Dovakin a mortal. Only the removal of this mod helped.

Maybe the issue is w/ one of your other mods? I'm using Peril in SSE. I can't change whether my Dragonborn is essential via the MCM, but that's probably because of one of my other mods. (93% sure that's the case w/ me).

I can use the SetEssential command in the console to make my dovah immortal or mortal.

57 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Maybe the issue is w/ one of your other mods? I'm using Peril in SSE. I can't change whether my Dragonborn is essential via the MCM, but that's probably because of one of my other mods. (93% sure that's the case w/ me).

I can use the SetEssential command in the console to make my dovah immortal or mortal.

Well, since after removing this mod, my NPC became mortal again, it is obvious that this mod made him immortal. Apparently, this is necessary for the implementation of the conditions in this mod.And as I wrote, no console commands helped me .

I got the same Problem as Kleksior where the fight just ends for 5-10 Seconds
in which most Enemy's and Follower just stand around and one (sometimes a Enemy sometimes a Follower) still being hostile to the other. 
After that everybody just gets hostile again and the fight goes on as usual. 

I tested it with just on Draugr against me alone and it is the same deal, he goes off and after 5-10 Seconds he becomes hostile again and the fight goes on as per usual.
It seems thou that this problem only occurs only with Monster Type Enemy's as it worked normally with a Kahjitt and BanditLord while Bears, Wolves and Skever did the same thing of just standing around and resuming the attack.

Interesting note:
The Second time i surrendered to the same Skever he took half my equipment and stored it in the Stolen goods container at the end of the Dungeon.
He also did not attack afterwards anymore. Still that was the only time i got such a outcome and there was noch option or something involved in.

In the time before and after the surrender i did not move the mouse nor pressed any Key
There appeared no Option /Dialoge field or something.
Everybody besides One Npc (if the group involved was larger than 1 and the PC) continued to attack.

On the Animation side of things everything is in order since 
I got in a nasty thing involving a Werewolf while doing some GuildQuestlines and everything did run smoothly.
The Animation packs in my games also contain Monster Animations  

Between Peril and Corruption, I'm pretty excited about the possibility of being able to play Skyrim without needing some of the more... unreliable mods.

Have you considered adding a simple "player-as-rapist" mechanic? I know its not the point of the mod, but this would clear the way for players to use this as a complete replacement for Submit/Defeat, rather than something to be used alongside them.

I have attempted to surrender to bandits using hotkey and i saw the message "you surrender to your enemies" appear on screen, but then they start attacking me again within 2 seconds, it didnt matter how many times i tried to surrender. this is with the latest version 2.0.2 installed

7 hours ago, 2generic said:

Hi, I didn't see anything in the mod description about devious device integration. Will enemies bind the dragonborn in any way?

Asking because there was mention of that in dragonborn in distress, but I don't see it here.

DD is not a requirement. However, "If you have Devious Devices installed, then you and your allies can be bound in either chastity devices, or heavy restraints." [from the Punishment section].

Having the same issue as some of the other people posting here - Peril 2.0.2 lets me surrender with the hotkey, but never gives the surrender dialogue or does any of the possible consequences -- a few seconds later combat resumes.   I thought it was because of a non-standard follower at first (Chloe from DCL), then possible settings corruption (1.0.x set weights for things, allowing you to set certain weights to 500, but 2.0.2 only lets them be up to 100 as percentages...) so I tried resetting all settings, then I started playing around with it being a mod incompatibility with other mods or with DD 5.1, but eventually ended up going back to my test base that most of my other MO2 profiles derive from - which only has Sexlab and DD 4.2, and still had the issue -- I didn't even change any settings from the default except for setting the surrender hotkey.

If I let the enemies defeat me through combat instead of surrender, it also sometimes resumes combat after a few seconds, but I've also had it enter bleedout, no controls active, and simply stay there, with the bandits (in this case) talking in idles, but never doing anything else.   Had to restore a quicksave to get out of that condition.

Not sure if it helps, but I do see messages in the papyrus log talking about Peril Defeat stage 0, 10, and 70.  Nothing else in there seems relevant.

Peril 1.0.2 seems to work in all of my builds, BTW. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, Code Serpent said:

Quick script update. I'm still working on updating Corruption's visuals.

2.0.2 (2-2-21)

-Defeat will now end if nearby enemies aren't in combat with the player.

-Can now talk to followers during defeat if they aren't downed.

I bet the new feature that ends defeat if enemies aren't in combat breaks it because surrendering always ends combat.

2.0.3 (2-7-21)

-Reverted change from previous version that caused defeat to end prematurely.

-Halved the distance needed between the player and enemies to stop defeat.

-Fixed some papyrus spam caused by theft punishments.

-Added another faction used during defeat that hopefully stops combat more reliably.

-Fixed a UI bug with the defeat search perk.

Looks like I am having the same issue as Zaflis

I am not triggering anything when defeated, my PC falls to knees and then the attacks stop, 30 sec later, rejuvenated and the attacks resume, and repeats until I have no health then it locks - no health regeneration, or ability to do anything. 

56 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

Hi,

will there be an SE version of this? It would be appreciated, as I'd really like to use a reliable defeat mod.

Peace,

M

Look on then :P 

I had similar problems with defeat(knockdown) and surrender. 3/10 times it worked with human combatants, never with beasts. With beasts it was either recover after a few seconds (due to potions maybe) or knocked down indefinitely (reload). If the rob kicked in, it toook forever (1 potion/soulgem at a time) and if I recovered after that, I either could kill the enemy or run to the bag and get my stuff back. Other times parlay did not work and I just reattacked until the enemies were down, but this got better with 203 update. When played without a follower it works better too, but not nearly reliable.

I guess for now SL Defeat, with the right settings, is still the gold standard.

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

I mean no offense, but IMHO Defeat is the worst at keeping the player alive, especiallly at lower levels. It also bugs out regularly (lose control of character, but nothing is happening, never recovering, etc) and I could never recover the game with its own debug features, I had to reload.

The most reliable mod for combat defeat I found so far is Naked Dungeons, which is funny, as it has this only as a seconddary feature. Alas, it has very few features regarding that.

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

Look on then :P 

I had similar problems with defeat(knockdown) and surrender. 3/10 times it worked with human combatants, never with beasts. With beasts it was either recover after a few seconds (due to potions maybe) or knocked down indefinitely (reload). If the rob kicked in, it toook forever (1 potion/soulgem at a time) and if I recovered after that, I either could kill the enemy or run to the bag and get my stuff back. Other times parlay did not work and I just reattacked until the enemies were down, but this got better with 203 update. When played without a follower it works better too, but not nearly reliable.

Unfortunately I have found similar issues in a new game.  I've no idea if it's caused by other mod conflicts or not, but I put it right at the bottom of my LO to give it a decent fighting chance.  I use a Nexus Mod for auto potion / food use, but got weird health recovery patterns, but for some reason once 'defeated', the PC always got back on its feet almost immediately, regardless of the type of enemy

Strangely, I really liked the first versions of this mod's predecessor - once spent 24 hrs in game trying to escape from a wicked troll that had to be 'edged along', close enough to the guards outside Dawnstar to kill it  LOL.  It was glitchy, partic with followers, but it unfortunately 'worked' more reliably than this

CodeSerpent usually sticks at his stuff, tho, so I'm still hopeful these are maybe just teething problems

Until then, I agree with you about 'Defeat' being the 'Gold Standard'.  It's not perfect, and you can get the odd cross mod conflict, but if you know how, or stick at it until you do, you can make it work fairly reliably

44 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

I mean no offense, but IMHO Defeat is the worst at keeping the player alive, especiallly at lower levels. It also bugs out regularly (lose control of character, but nothing is happening, never recovering, etc) and I could never recover the game with its own debug features, I had to reload.

The most reliable mod for combat defeat I found so far is Naked Dungeons, which is funny, as it has this only as a seconddary feature. Alas, it has very few features regarding that.

It is pretty similar to Peril then ?

I think Peril can become a viable replacement and yes Defeat can have the same issues too, but if you deactivate all the optional knockdown mechanisms but health, it mostly works and the optional integration with other mods is cool too. And it is a bit overblown in regard to features (captures, npc vs npc, etc.).  

What I was looking for in Peril was a go to simple defeat mod, where you get knocked down, raped, robbed and dropped. And the theft container at the dungeon chest is ingenious (no boring loot tracking etc.). At a minimum the rape feature and a consequential serious debuff must work (I can live with beeing forced to retreat), but it simply does not.

If not defeated or "fast recovered" (or stuck in knockdown and forced to reload), Peril is pretty stable and does not seem to break other stuff and I think that is the biggest issue people have with Defeat mods in general (I remember the good old times with Death Alternative xD - where if you were ported into an Inn all animations and papyrus broke). I used Peril and corruption in my Troubles of Heroine playthrough and I got zero problems - stability-wise - but no defeat either, so what is the point :D

I think this shows how hard it is to make a "simple" defeat mod, that does not break stuff, so lets wait and see ?, as DCL failed even more spectacular :D

6 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

What I was looking for in Peril was a go to simple defeat mod, where you get knocked down, raped, robbed and dropped.

Yeah, this would be enough for me too. I set up Defeat so I won't be teleported anywhere, I just get a little time to get father away from the attackers. Sometimes I use the Simple Slavery option which is also nice. What I don't understand, why can't Defeat use something similar than all the other defeat mods, which reliably prevents you from dying. If Defeat could fix that, I think a lot of its problems would disappear. A lot of times I have a feeling that my character actually died from the last hit and Defeat somehow pulled her back to life, but something broke in the process (Pet Cemetery effect...), which then leads to an eventual reload.

As for DCL, I don't use that mod anymore, it became too big for its own good. As far as I remember, its combat defeat worked quite well, except for one thing: your stolen gear was on an attacker who could then despawned by Skyrim. So the quest marker for your stolen loot pointed to nothing. This was years ago, so it may be better now.

Naked Dungeons does this far better, it uses a special container, and even if it would somehow disappear (never did for me), you can tcl into the ground at a specific spot to recover your stuff from a chest (if I remember well, as I said, I never had to use this, I'd have to google ot to find it).

And I also agree, it must be hard to write a combat defeat mod and I actually really appreciate the modders for trying it.