31 minutes ago, cookiesnivy said:

here you go glitchy camera when my health reaches 0

Ohhh-kay. It looks like your character isn't properly entering bleedout. Something is simultaneously reviving them and damaging them. Are you sure this happens with only Peril installed, including SKSE plugins?

Edited by Code Serpent

after more testing i can confirm its alternate actors causing the issue for me as soon as i activate it and try it and reload the game when it tells me to to use it i get that issue when i use peril not sure if the is a fix for it or a workaround for it though

Edited by cookiesnivy
added more details

Yes, alternate actors is incompatible with every mod twisting deaths. (because in the code, when your health fall to 0, either you become a ghost (your character are essential, it heal you, place a body with your appearance in front of you and you become a ghost) or you die (your character is not essential). And in the option, the essential flag is set "on" if you check the ghost death, and "off" if you uncheck it. The problem is it doesn't check the status of the flag before changing it. So you want the alternate actors for just changing characters and another mod for a death alternative... you are toasted.

anyone else have the papyrus logs explode in size using the latest release?

i was playing a long run yesterday and all of sudden my comp would not save a game.  turned out to be papyrus log had taken over my hard drive.

total for all 4 logs was a shade under 600 GB (yes 600 GIGS).  as the only mod i had changed was removing a different death alternative type mod to 

put Peril in, and the 4th log (the only one without Peril was a usual size (under 5 MB for a multi hour session at lvl 40).  so i decided to test it to be sure 

that was the problem.  a 5 minute run with Peril installed gave me a log of 1.9 GB just sitting in the AS-LAL start cell, while the same mod list and load order

with a different death alternative mod installed, sitting in the same spot for 20 minutes give me a 486 KB log.

i would love to have taken a look inside the logs, but could not open any of them (so i deleted them to free up space so i could play again).

while it is possible i have something installed that causes Peril to freak out, it would be nice to know if it is just me or not.

1 hour ago, valcon767 said:

anyone else have the papyrus logs explode in size using the latest release?

i was playing a long run yesterday and all of sudden my comp would not save a game.  turned out to be papyrus log had taken over my hard drive.

total for all 4 logs was a shade under 600 GB (yes 600 GIGS).  as the only mod i had changed was removing a different death alternative type mod to 

put Peril in, and the 4th log (the only one without Peril was a usual size (under 5 MB for a multi hour session at lvl 40).  so i decided to test it to be sure 

that was the problem.  a 5 minute run with Peril installed gave me a log of 1.9 GB just sitting in the AS-LAL start cell, while the same mod list and load order

with a different death alternative mod installed, sitting in the same spot for 20 minutes give me a 486 KB log.

i would love to have taken a look inside the logs, but could not open any of them (so i deleted them to free up space so i could play again).

while it is possible i have something installed that causes Peril to freak out, it would be nice to know if it is just me or not.

Can you give some snippets of what the log says? Is there an error that keeps repeating?

Tried searching this topic so I wouldn't waste your time if its already been brought up but no matches.

-found a issue, mostly just an annoyance, if you go to far away while trying to reposition via SL's reposition option, it'll just count as you fled: canceling the scene all together and re-initializing hostilities.

On 6/13/2022 at 9:50 AM, Code Serpent said:

Can you give some snippets of what the log says? Is there an error that keeps repeating?

wish i could, but as i cannot open the single log i had left (it was the smallest at that ..was 19 not 1.9gb)

programs used to try

all fails gave error of file to big

notepad = fail

word = fail

large file viewer (free version) = fail

browsers tried

IE = fail

Edge = fail

Chrome = fail

Firefox = fail

Seamonkey = fail

Opera = system lockup (hard reboot needed)

this weekend (when i have enough time) i will re-install and try to get a samaller log to see if i can open it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, Plaguetard2.0 said:

Do you run your game on a solid state drive? That tends to cause the increased loading times on most 64 bit games (Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, etc). You might already be aware of this but I thought I'd mention it.

I thought one of the main reasons people used SSDs was to make things load faster? I hadn't heard anything about them doing the opposite?

• 3 months later...

I'm still away from my pc while traveling for the holidays, but I should be back next week. But, in the meantime, here's a design doc for what I'm planning to do with the Capture mechanic which I might be able to add in the next update.

Spoiler

Random Punishment from Defeat

Dungeon Requires:
-Xmarker to disable/enable relevant references
-Single Cage/Cell and Door
-Idle Marker just by cage door for 'warden' to idle at and be potentially pick-pocketed
-Marker for punishments, punishment furniture
-Stolen gear container, which will be locked
-Xmarker in external world to get player distance from dungeon.

After defeat, player is locked in cage for set amount of time (one week by default)
If player fails to escape in time, they will either be forced into Slavery, or allowed to leave after major punishment

The warden will gossip with other enemies about the player and their capabilities.
Player Gossip is determined by:
-Player skills (or lack-therof)
-Player bounties
-Player guild membership (companions, thieves guild, etc)
-Arousal (if SLA is installed)
-Devices on player (If DDI is installed)
-Milk level (If MME is installed)
-Addictions (If corruption is installed)
-Pregnancy (Estrus Chaurus, other preg mods)
-Actions/Behavior while captured

Enemies will also gossip about what they might do to the player, based on the player's skills and actions

Player actions that are tracked while captured:
-Pickpocket attempts (Use OnItemRemoved on enemy aliases with IsMenuOpen)
-Lockpicking attempts
-Escape attempts (running while outside the cell)
-Combat attempts (attacking while outside the cell)
-Theft attempts (opening chests and taking items)
-Persuasion/Bartering/Intimidation attempts

Enemies will react to the player attempting to escape or steal from them by immediately starting a relevant punishment.
The severity of the punishment is locked off, based on the player's level, and the attempts the player has made.
Amputations will never be done on a first attempt. If the player is highly skilled, then a second attempt might lead to it.
Each punishment will have a severity level, which can be set in the MCM.
After each discovered player action, sqrt(player level), multiplied by an action-based mult, is added to a tracker.
Then, all punishments with severity less than that tracker is elligible.

The player can attempt to talk with their warden to gain something:
-More food and drink
-An addictive substance
-Have a restraint removed (track restraints by periodically checking through script, then add worn restraints to formlists for dialogue checks)
-Have sex with the warden or another enemy
-Dance for the warden and other enemies
-Have a non-weapon or armor item retrieved from the stolen gear container

The player can also change the enemy's disposition of them through their dialogue choices
-Submissive and polite
-Suggestive and lewd
-Aggressive and threatening
-Scared and pathetic
-Silent

The choices taken during dialogue, and whether they passed speech checks, determines how likely enemies will be to take chances with the player, and what punishments they will inflict.

Determined by stats:
-Player's percieved aggression/submission
-Player's percieved unwillingness/willingness
-Player's percieved strength/weakness

These stats start off based on player skills/level. And are influenced by dialogue choices, escape attempts, and actions taken during punishments.

Escape:
For the player to escape they must:
1. Unlock their cell door
2. Kill all of their captors
3. or Run away from their captors location a sufficient distance (a marker in the worldspace will check distance) and get out of combat.

The Capture Quest will stay active until the location is cleared, or the player is captured elsewhere.

Rescue:
If enemy's hideout does not have space for followers, they will escape.
Escaped followers will attempt to rescue the player after a few days.
If followers are part of a faction (college of winterhold, companions, dark brotherhood) they will gather the rest of the faction to rescue the player.
If follower is a housecarl, will recruit some guards to aid in the player's rescue.

Once player has been rescued, they will black out, items will be retrieved, and they will be moved to:
-Last bed slept in that's not in a dungeon or inn
-Last bed slept in that's not in a dungeon
-Last friend's home entered
-Follower's editor location

Ending Capture:
If the player doesn't escape, ie, leave dungeon area and escape defeat, and isn't rescued, then the capture will end a number of ways:
In most cases, the player ends up left for dead somewhere nearby.
    -Milked for a number of days.
    -All enemies in dungeon will rape player a number of times, using all available animations. (If options allow them)

High Aggression/Unwillingness/Strength
    -Locked in as many restraints as possible.
    -Amputated.

High Submission and Willingness
    -Enemies enslave player

High Strength
    -Force Fed enourmous amounts of Food, Alcohol, Drugs, Lactaid.

And, some example enemy gossip I'm working on from my tablet.

image.png.ef582a0cbd869ae5ef5a1371f2c52b4d.png

image.png.153ce4b203169536fe299f1b544bb9a6.png

image.png.4e79c9b98ccc321d4a694c1f9222c701.png

• 5 weeks later...

So is it Peril that makes so when i fall from high place i die? It did go to bleedout first, i think... And in console and Peril MCM when i click on player and see info, there is "Protection: Essential". And yet it caused game to load back.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was really such a high cliff, but this wasn't high jump at all and i fell down to water. Apparently water wasn't very deep...

Edited by Zaflis
5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

So is it Peril that makes so when i fall from high place i die? It did go to bleedout first, i think... And in console and Peril MCM when i click on player and see info, there is "Protection: Essential". And yet it caused game to load back.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was really such a high cliff, but this wasn't high jump at all and i fell down to water. Apparently water wasn't very deep...

Peril does 'kill' you if you enter bleedout when not in combat. This is just a failsafe to prevent the player from getting stuck in bleedout. Would you prefer I make it so the player just gets back up after entering bleedout while not in combat?

Edited by Code Serpent