Thank you for this, seems vastly more reliable/superior than the now very ancient SL-Defeat classic.

My only suggestion would be a modification to the way NPCs approach the player so they don't take forever in some circumstances to talk to the player (slow creatures like zombies for example) perhaps have it where they get a (large) speed boost and if they take too long just simply teleport to the player.

8 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

My only suggestion would be a modification to the way NPCs approach the player so they don't take forever in some circumstances to talk to the player

I'll increase their speed in their ai-packages in the next update. Also, you can walk towards them without restarting combat, just don't run or sprint.

Hi, I'm a defeat user currently, and have attempted to use peril after deactivating defeat.

Unless I'm not understanding something, Peril seems to frequently stop operating the way I understand it should, I'm only really interested in the more sexlab related parts of Peril, so I just turned the weight for everything like coin/gear loss on defeat to 0.

After testing repeatedly with a couple of trolls, I couldn't get sexlab animations to trigger more than twice, I don't know if there is meant to be an internal cooldown on encounters, but once I got a scene to trigger, getting another to trigger afterward was very inconsistant, if not impossible, resulting in varying effects.

Sometimes the enemy would approach my character, only to stand and stare for a while, then give up and walk away, other times I would get the option to "Whimper and submit" but nothing would happen, resulting in either the enemy walking away afterward, or following me around without doing anything.

I had the MCM option for Peril quest updates turned on to see when it was activating, upon entering combat, it would tell me to "Not get defeated" every time, so the mod is detecting combat fine, and the quest completes every time combat ends, so it's detecting combat end fine.

I just don't understand why the actual defeat "scripting"? is failing so consistantly, as I said, I can get one, maybe two scenes to trigger, but after that, it seems like the defeat aftermath script stops firing altogether.

Any clarity on this is appreciated.

Is it possible to configure how many times a single character will rape you in a given defeat? Both times I've tested it so far (one on surrender to creature, one on lose to humanoid), the creature/human raped me three times in a row despite being alone. Which is fun, but it does take a while so I'd like to turn it down when I'm feeling more gameplay oriented.

2 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Hi, I'm a defeat user currently, and have attempted to use peril after deactivating defeat.

Unless I'm not understanding something, Peril seems to frequently stop operating the way I understand it should, I'm only really interested in the more sexlab related parts of Peril, so I just turned the weight for everything like coin/gear loss on defeat to 0.

After testing repeatedly with a couple of trolls, I couldn't get sexlab animations to trigger more than twice, I don't know if there is meant to be an internal cooldown on encounters, but once I got a scene to trigger, getting another to trigger afterward was very inconsistant, if not impossible, resulting in varying effects.

Sometimes the enemy would approach my character, only to stand and stare for a while, then give up and walk away, other times I would get the option to "Whimper and submit" but nothing would happen, resulting in either the enemy walking away afterward, or following me around without doing anything.

I had the MCM option for Peril quest updates turned on to see when it was activating, upon entering combat, it would tell me to "Not get defeated" every time, so the mod is detecting combat fine, and the quest completes every time combat ends, so it's detecting combat end fine.

I just don't understand why the actual defeat "scripting"? is failing so consistantly, as I said, I can get one, maybe two scenes to trigger, but after that, it seems like the defeat aftermath script stops firing altogether.

Any clarity on this is appreciated.

Can you post a papyus log? Because that is not how the mod should be operating.

Edited by Code Serpent
56 minutes ago, Yuni said:

Is it possible to configure how many times a single character will rape you in a given defeat? Both times I've tested it so far (one on surrender to creature, one on lose to humanoid), the creature/human raped me three times in a row despite being alone. Which is fun, but it does take a while so I'd like to turn it down when I'm feeling more gameplay oriented.

I'll look into adding more options in the next update.

Nice to see you working on this again. Would it be possible to port the locked in a cage outcome from DiD to Peril? It's a pretty unique mechanic I haven't seen elsewhere and DiD has a lot of stuff that goes beyond a defeat mod.

4 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Nice to see you working on this again. Would it be possible to port the locked in a cage outcome from DiD to Peril? It's a pretty unique mechanic I haven't seen elsewhere and DiD has a lot of stuff that goes beyond a defeat mod.

That will be implemented at some point, but it will be its own whole system, and will take some time to make. I am considering focusing on it for the next major update.

First of amazing work ! Thanks !!

I'm quite far with Yamete, if i remove it and clear it with script cleaner (ikr, it does not clean it fully) and then install Peril, is there a chance to achieve a stable experience? or should i look for clean save?

Edited by Kumarj
1 hour ago, Kumarj said:

First of amazing work ! Thanks !!

I'm quite far with Yamete, if i remove it and clear it with script cleaner (ikr, it does not clean it fully) and then install Peril, is there a chance to achieve a stable experience? or should i look for clean save?

I'm not familiar with Yamete. If it has uninstallation instructions follow those, or if it can be disabled in-game, disable it. Then Peril shouldn't have any issues.

NOW MY PLAYER CHARACTER CAN'T DIE WAHAHAHAHA.. sory..

I don't really like console increase health or whatever, I try to play as immersive as possible and play hard.. but died, back to load save.. a little annoying, especially when you forget to save..

I already tried essensial fiture from defeat and sexlab submit.. but not 100% working.. and THISSS~~)))

THANK YOU!!

4 hours ago, kaiteyc said:

Nice to see @Code Serpemt working on things again YAY.

(although I have moved to SE now, are you still only working on LE)?

My computer takes several minutes to load a modded SE (several minutes between hitting launch in MO2, and getting to the main menu), which makes it impossible to mod since I have to restart the game dozens of times to test things. I'm not planning on moving over to SE until I get a new machine.

On 5/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, Code Serpent said:

My computer takes several minutes to load a modded SE (several minutes between hitting launch in MO2, and getting to the main menu), which makes it impossible to mod since I have to restart the game dozens of times to test things. I'm not planning on moving over to SE until I get a new machine.

Do you run your game on a solid state drive? That tends to cause the increased loading times on most 64 bit games (Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, etc). You might already be aware of this but I thought I'd mention it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, furrypolka said:

On SE, this was working great but now I find that in every encounter I just get told to go. No rape scenes are ever commenced. Not sure what’s happened as it was previously working fine, do I need to make some tweaks or is there a debug?

You can set the weights for all punishments in the MCM. So, you can increase the weight of rape punishments being chosen, or decrease the weights of other punishments.

Also, there are some debugging comments output to the papyrus log. If you see something like "Peril Punish Rape Basic - Stage 5", then the punishment started properly and could have been chosen.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:03 AM, Code Serpent said:

My computer takes several minutes to load a modded SE (several minutes between hitting launch in MO2, and getting to the main menu), which makes it impossible to mod since I have to restart the game dozens of times to test things.

The main culprits for long SSE loading are usually .Net Script Framework and ENBSeries. If you have them installed - remove both. I know the lack of NSF may be really inconvenient due to missing crash logs, but it's a necessary sacrifice for speed. As for ENB - it has a buggy shader cache, which keeps rebuilding on every game startup (at least in my case), adding even more to wait times.

Another thing you should have installed for faster performance are SSE Engine Fixes and SSE Display Tweaks.

I would also recommend to disable anti-virus for SSE (if any), because it messes with MO2's virtual file system redirection. In practice, a game with no mod manager whatsoever runs even faster thanks to lack of its aforementioned VFS overhead.

Edited by MrChow

good mod but when i get defeated the camera spazzes out and constantly moves errecticly and my character constantly moves and bugs out every time unless i manually surrender i dont have any other defeat mods active in the mod menu please help

Edited by cookiesnivy
typos
30 minutes ago, cookiesnivy said:

good mod but when i get defeated the camera spazzes out and constantly moves errecticly and my character constantly moves and bugs out every time unless i manually surrender i dont have any other defeat mods active in the mod menu please help

Any camera mods installed? Any mods that change bleedout behavior? Can you post a papyrus log?

12 hours ago, cookiesnivy said:

no im not using any camera mods or mods that alter bleed out as far as i know heres my log

Papyrus.0.log 355.66 kB · 0 downloads

Hmm, I'm not seeing any errors. Does this camera issue happen whenever you enter bleedout, or just when you are defeated? Try using the command 'player.kill' while out of combat and see what happens.

it happens when my health reaches 0 with the mod enabled with player essential option enabled it will repeat the messages in the the top left corner multiple times then a message will appear in the middle a few times the the message will loop a few times then an animation will play or i will randomly die

1 hour ago, cookiesnivy said:

it happens when my health reaches 0 with the mod enabled with player essential option enabled it will repeat the messages in the the top left corner multiple times then a message will appear in the middle a few times the the message will loop a few times then an animation will play or i will randomly die

Does this also happen on a mostly unmodded game? Because this sounds like a serious behavior conflict.