10 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Peril does 'kill' you if you enter bleedout when not in combat. This is just a failsafe to prevent the player from getting stuck in bleedout. Would you prefer I make it so the player just gets back up after entering bleedout while not in combat?

Yes that's how it works with other "player is essential" mods too, it's mainly because i don't want to lose so much progress that i'd have to repeat again.

This is also a bit harsh ending, i had bear and wolf defeat me in combat. So it went to the "Whimper and submit" dialog, all nearly 10000 gold went gone. I stayed in the area to kill the beasts but they didn't have any of it. No problem i had a save from nearby but this is not playable way to defeat as is.

I see that i had gold theft weight set to 100 since it seems to be default, it could be better if i could adjust a max % that can be taken away. Otherwise i need to drop the chance to 5% or so, which is much less interactive option. Just "sometimes you get the worst of luck".

So the bear searched my inventory for stuff, but went for the shiny instead of any of my foods ?

Also saveable MCM settings would improve mod.

All in all i mean a playing-style where player gets defeated a lot. Pretty much never getting to a point where you can smith and enchant your gear.

Edited by Zaflis
4 hours ago, Zaflis said:

This is also a bit harsh ending, i had bear and wolf defeat me in combat. So it went to the "Whimper and submit" dialog, all nearly 10000 gold went gone. I stayed in the area to kill the beasts but they didn't have any of it. No problem i had a save from nearby but this is not playable way to defeat as is.

Were you in a dungeon? The gold would've been moved to a safe location at the end of the dungeon.

No problem i had a save from nearby but this is not playable way to defeat as is.

Also...I usually never carry much gold on me with this mod for exactly this reason. Just not really realistic for a person to be carrying that much gold, and also there isn't really a good reason for your enemies to not take all of it.

You should've been able to retrieve all of it though.

I will see about adding an option so you can keep a small amount of gold hidden.

Edited by Code Serpent
1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

Were you in a dungeon? The gold would've been moved to a safe location at the end of the dungeon.

It was outdoors in wilderness.

And in early-mid game especially i'm in the process of getting enough gold to buy different houses and their decorations, it takes some savings. Just Breezehome alone takes more than 6k, even more when it's in Solitude.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

It was outdoors in wilderness.

Hm, I'll need to double check that then.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

And in early-mid game especially i'm in the process of getting enough gold to buy different houses and their decorations, it takes some savings. Just Breezehome alone takes more than 6k, even more when it's in Solitude.

Oh, yeah, I usually play with camping mods so I have some safe containers well before I buy a house. I'll add an option to removed a percentage of gold, then.

• 4 weeks later...

is there a way to configure this mod to automatically skip parlay and go straight to a SL scene every time the PC enters bleedout? For some reason, this mod keeps healing the PC back to full health after bleedout, and the Status shows "Post Parlay" in the mod page. No dialogue nor prompt ever came up, and scenes rarely happen, if at all.

2 hours ago, gtcard said:

is there a way to configure this mod to automatically skip parlay and go straight to a SL scene every time the PC enters bleedout? For some reason, this mod keeps healing the PC back to full health after bleedout, and the Status shows "Post Parlay" in the mod page. No dialogue nor prompt ever came up, and scenes rarely happen, if at all.

It sounds like the punishments are being prevented from starting due to no available animations. I'm guessing you don't have sexlab configured correctly or don't have enough punishments enabled.

Can you post your papyrus logs?

19 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

It sounds like the punishments are being prevented from starting due to no available animations. I'm guessing you don't have sexlab configured correctly or don't have enough punishments enabled.

Can you post your papyrus logs?

I was testing last night on a Bandit Marauder Clanlord in Wyrmstooth, in the abandoned house. The parlay did work the first time, and when I selected the submit option, the NPC told me to get lost before they change their mind. When I looked into the esp file for this exact dialogue line, it appears this dialogue tree happens with a high morality NPC? Every subsequent time I get knocked down by this same NPC, a scene will not start, despite parlay options being on cooldown. I have all my other punishment weights set to 0, while the rape and blowjob punishments are set to 500 weight value. I assume this means all the other punishments are off the table, except for these 2 options?

So I'm wondering, are there conditions for when a scene occurs? Will certain NPCs simply not start a scene due to their faction or their morality?

Testing in qasmoke with regular npcs that I spawn, the script seems to work as intended

Also, to get back on your point about no available animations, can you tell me how this script polls for animations? For example, I was in a room full of female vampires and their thralls--there were at least 5 or 6 of them. If I bleedout in this scenario, I get the heal-to-full thing, with nothing happening. In this exact example, assuming there are 5 female npcs with my female PC, does the script try to poll for a 6 actor, all female animation? I would imagine in this example, it is indeed a situation where I don't have any available animations, if the script is trying to find a FFFFFF animation for all the actors present. 

How does the script decide how many of the NPCs present will be used to poll for available animations? If I were in a camp with mixed male and female enemies when I enter bleedout, how does the script decide how many Males and how many Females to include when it tries to search for an animation? I think you're right in that I am likely running into a situation where the script cannot find available animations for the situation, but I think it will help immensely with troubleshooting if I had some idea of how the script decides who to include for an animation search. 

9 minutes ago, gtcard said:

So I'm wondering, are there conditions for when a scene occurs? Will certain NPCs simply not start a scene due to their faction or their morality?

Yes moral npcs will not rape the player. But since morality seems unreliably set for most npcs, especially modded ones, I'm planning on adding options to bypass that.

2 minutes ago, gtcard said:

Also, to get back on your point about no available animations, can you tell me how this script polls for animations? For example, I was in a room full of female vampires and their thralls--there were at least 5 or 6 of them. If I bleedout in this scenario, I get the heal-to-full thing, with nothing happening. In this exact example, assuming there are 5 female npcs with my female PC, does the script try to poll for a 6 actor, all female animation? I would imagine in this example, it is indeed a situation where I don't have any available animations, if the script is trying to find a FFFFFF animation for all the actors present. 

How does the script decide how many of the NPCs present will be used to poll for available animations? If I were in a camp with mixed male and female enemies when I enter bleedout, how does the script decide how many Males and how many Females to include when it tries to search for an animation? I think you're right in that I am likely running into a situation where the script cannot find available animations for the situation, but I think it will help immensely with troubleshooting if I had some idea of how the script decides who to include for an animation search.

The punishment scripts work by trying to find gender and scenario-appropriate animations for as many npcs as possible. (The maximum allowed by sexlab is 5 actors, so 4 enemies and the player) It also only chooses from either male or female enemies, so you won't ever have both male and female npcs raping the player at once. If no animations were found, it cuts out one enemy and tries again, until it tries just one enemy and the player and if it fails there it just abandons the punishment.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:52 PM, Code Serpent said:

The punishment scripts work by trying to find gender and scenario-appropriate animations for as many npcs as possible. (The maximum allowed by sexlab is 5 actors, so 4 enemies and the player) It also only chooses from either male or female enemies, so you won't ever have both male and female npcs raping the player at once. If no animations were found, it cuts out one enemy and tries again, until it tries just one enemy and the player and if it fails there it just abandons the punishment.

that explains why there is a delay at times when there are multiple NPCs around the player when bleeding out. I actually figured out that the mod does seem to be working, but it looks like depending on the number of NPCs involved at the time of bleedout, it can take awhile for it to pair the player with actors for a scene. I have a minimap mod active, which shows me movement of NPCs nearby. This lets me get a clearer picture of what's happening during bleedout. 

So after the player enters bleedout, all the NPCs engaged in combat with the player are affected by a calm spell. My character will get back up after awhile, and likely heal back to full health. The NPCs remain affected by the calm spell, and at first glance, they seem like they're not doing anything. This led me to believe the mod isn't working properly. However, when I look at the minimap, I can see that there is often times a NPC from really far back walking towards the player. They can be in another room altogether, or it can be a summoned pet of a NPC. Eventually, they will reach the player and begin the parlay dialogue. 

It looks like the mod's calm spell has extreme reach, and will calm NPCs which are aggroed in other rooms, who may not even be directly engaged in combat with the player at the time they bleedout. However, they still appear to be possible candidates for initiating the parlay dialogue, which is what made it seem like nothing was happening after bleedout, and nearby NPCs stood there in place instead of engaging in parlay dialogue. I'm wondering if it will be possible to make it so only the NPC who made the killing blow on the player will be the one to approach the player by default?

Also, I did notice something that appears to be unintentional. When said NPC approaches the player, after taking some time to get there, they seem to repeatedly open a dialogue with only one option to beg to be spared. I can't really be sure if this is the same NPC opening this dialogue, or if it is another NPC in the queue. However, after seeing the dialogue a couple of times, a SL scene will begin, but the calm spell wears off immediately after it starts, and the scene is abruptly cut off due to combat. I can't tell if this is due to the script being overloaded, or if it's because too much time elapsed between bleedout and the start of the scene, due to the NPC taking too long to get to the player. 

1 hour ago, gtcard said:

So after the player enters bleedout, all the NPCs engaged in combat with the player are affected by a calm spell. My character will get back up after awhile, and likely heal back to full health. The NPCs remain affected by the calm spell, and at first glance, they seem like they're not doing anything. This led me to believe the mod isn't working properly. However, when I look at the minimap, I can see that there is often times a NPC from really far back walking towards the player. They can be in another room altogether, or it can be a summoned pet of a NPC. Eventually, they will reach the player and begin the parlay dialogue. 

You should enable the 'defeat objectives' option in the MCM. This will let you know what the status of the defeat system is and what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is already perfect, so don't know what must to update.. may I suggest?

When male dragonborn and follower defeat, there is a scene that needs to be made more immersive again..

The part where the female follower will be ****, the dragonborn just standing and when moving a little, the scene will end and return to combat mode..

Its better dragonborn need to tied up first and then, there are actions, like pressing left and right repeatedly like defeat mod..

54 minutes ago, Thorxx said:

How does Peril work on SE now? Does it need a simple/extensive port?

I think it should work out of the box on SE, I just haven't tested it yet. Converting the plugin to Form 44 using the creation kit isn't really required and can only cause issues with STAT, WTHR, WATR, and WEAP forms (Statics, weather, water, and weapon forms). This mod doesn't add any of those so it should be good out of the box.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:42 AM, Thorxx said:

Awesome! Thanks Code! I'm building a new mod list based on 1.6.640 and still quite few weeks away until I can test.

I can confirm it works on 1.5.97 and there's no SKSE plugin so I think it should work on 1.6.640 as well.

Edited by ponzipyramid
  • 1 month later...

i was playing with this mod recently and i think i have encountered a few bugs.

I have the probability weights for the four options that result in items being taken set to 0 since while it may be realistic i dont really like loosing items permenently and with skyrims inherent jankyness that is sadly usually inevitable, anyways the defeat scenario still took all my gold and potions after finishing with the scene, the scenario happend outside in the wilderness.

when being hit with a paralysing poison and going in to bleed out at the same time the mod seems to softlock itself, for some reason the poison wont wear off when in bleedout. Using the safe word in the mcm stops the soft lock and allows the mod to continue as normal, so not that big of a problem.

• 2 months later...

Got a handful of questions. Similar to other users like AnonAngelion, I'm having an issue where parlay doesn't result in me being able to talk to whomever defeated me the vast majority of the time (Unless it's with creature aggressors, those have been the only ones to work). They'll walk up, or I'll use the surrender hotkey in my last round of testing, and they'll just de-aggro and stare at me until the calm wears off, then re-engage.

I've disabled other defeat mods like Shadows to not override it and it doesn't seem to help matters, as well as scrubbing my animations with SLAL and making sure I have all my animations available, but I'm to the point where a full nuke-and-pave is my only idea aside from this.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod support the Follower Slavery Mod? The fact that the followers actually react in combat makes this mod sound perfect, so I was hoping there is an addon or something.

I tested this out and for some reason assault/parlay never happened. If I surrendered the enemies would just ignore me and go back to what they were doing, and if everyone got knocked down they would also ignore me. It seemed to be using vanilla knockdowns too, my followers would get back up after about 10 seconds and rejoin the fight. The MCM was there and I had the event quest activated, it would say time to parlay or dont get knocked down but still nothing would happen. On SE 1.5.97 btw

Edited by johnhamm
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I have Peril AND Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition installed on my game but having one disabled per save file in mod manager? Will this work or cause any conflict?

I want to have a save file in which I use Peril and one in which I use Baka but disabling one or the other according to each save file.

Peril and Corruption seems to be super fun for an addicted anti-hero / villain run.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, Leschach said:

Got a handful of questions. Similar to other users like AnonAngelion, I'm having an issue where parlay doesn't result in me being able to talk to whomever defeated me the vast majority of the time (Unless it's with creature aggressors, those have been the only ones to work). They'll walk up, or I'll use the surrender hotkey in my last round of testing, and they'll just de-aggro and stare at me until the calm wears off, then re-engage.

I've disabled other defeat mods like Shadows to not override it and it doesn't seem to help matters, as well as scrubbing my animations with SLAL and making sure I have all my animations available, but I'm to the point where a full nuke-and-pave is my only idea aside from this.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, johnhamm said:

Does this mod support the Follower Slavery Mod? The fact that the followers actually react in combat makes this mod sound perfect, so I was hoping there is an addon or something.

I tested this out and for some reason assault/parlay never happened. If I surrendered the enemies would just ignore me and go back to what they were doing, and if everyone got knocked down they would also ignore me. It seemed to be using vanilla knockdowns too, my followers would get back up after about 10 seconds and rejoin the fight. The MCM was there and I had the event quest activated, it would say time to parlay or dont get knocked down but still nothing would happen. On SE 1.5.97 btw

I'll try to add some more fallbacks and fail-safes for cases like this, maybe adding an option to re-press the surrender key to immediately start dialogue or to move the enemy parlay npc to the player or something. For now if you just re-engage by running or drawing weapons it should default back to combat and punishments will automatically start when you're defeated a second time.

36 minutes ago, Nazuna_Vampi said:

Can I have Peril AND Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition installed on my game but having one disabled per save file in mod manager? Will this work or cause any conflict?

I want to have a save file in which I use Peril and one in which I use Baka but disabling one or the other according to each save file.

Peril and Corruption seems to be super fun for an addicted anti-hero / villain run.

You can definitely disable this mod per save, just disable the "Toggle Defeat" option and this mod's defeat system won't start. You should also disable the "Player is Essential" option.

I think SexLab Defeat also has MCM options to disable its Defeat system for the player.

This is the best defeat most I have tried till now.

I have some questions, sometimes the first time that I'm defeated I recover to quickly, like in 5 seconds even when I have no companions. Is this intended? I thought that without companions I would enter parlay mode directly. The second time I'm defeated by the same group of enemies I enter parlay directly, I have the timers configured with the default values. Recovering that easily feels like cheating, can I change that?

Second, I don't want to be fucked by most creatures because it feels unrealistic so I turned that slider to zero and I never enter to parlay mode with them. But then I basically become invincible; I get down, I recover, I get down, I recover. It also happens too quickly, I get up in 5 seconds or less.

May I suggest an option for turning off the "defeat mode" with certain enemies and just dying normally, if that appeals to you, of course. I can also just turn the mode on, only in human exclusive areas but that's less immersive.

Edit: I have peril in a fully clean new install, there are zero traces of other defeat mods in my system (none of them works correctly, the baka one even hard broked all my game) the sex animations and robberies work correctly, is only in pre-parlay where I have issues.

Edited by Nazuna_Vampi