18 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

As an existing user of DAYMOYL + SLDefeat who's progressively moving away from those, is there a particular method for uninstalling DAYMOYL + SLDefeat and installing Peril on an existing save that prevents any... well, CTD fuckery or game instability (relative terms, I mean!)?

I'd recommend you leave those mods installed, but just disable player defeat for both of them through their MCMs.

• 2 weeks later...

having troubles firing off sexlab animations after defeat - pc stays in defeat animation and recovers after 30 sec.  I have set the % to 100 with the same result.  Also, if multiple attackers, the first becomes passive but the second (or more) become aggressive after 10 seconds or so.  I have been trying this mod on and off for awhile now without any luck, maybe its my mod list interfering with peril?  

This mod overall works on SE, but have some bugs. I don't know how well it works on LE, but on SE I encountered followed bugs:

1) When surrendering in open cells (not in caves/buildings etc) and breaking parlay with combat, sometimes part of enemies just stay and no nothing.

2) The NPC chosen to parlay walks really slow towards PC, I don't know is it indented or not; Sometimes that NPC just stuck in terrain so I had to tp what NPC to me with console.

Overall this mod looks pretty good, but as others said, it would be amazing if PC would be punished consistently, like stealing gold or/and items -> sex -> restraints. Looking forward to SE port.

Also, that chest for stolen gear seems did not appears in forts, is it works like that or I missed that chest?

• 1 month later...

Heya @Code Serpent sorry for the tagin you but i was wondering if you'd be able to help with a small hickup i seem to be happening acrross. 

Just finished the Dawnguard side of things, and didn't notice untill after killing Harkon that Serana seem's to be caught in some endles loop with Peril.  She has 0 aggression, but cant interact with her at all,  And when ever i use the hotkey for Peril to submit to enemys its only Serana that triggers ,  Ive gone thru atleast 10 times using the hotkey to trigger the peril defeated by enemy.  Is there any global or set commands i can try to remove her from perl?  Also tried safe word but still nothing changes

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:47 PM, LatencyRemix said:

Heya @Code Serpent sorry for the tagin you but i was wondering if you'd be able to help with a small hickup i seem to be happening acrross. 

Just finished the Dawnguard side of things, and didn't notice untill after killing Harkon that Serana seem's to be caught in some endles loop with Peril.  She has 0 aggression, but cant interact with her at all,  And when ever i use the hotkey for Peril to submit to enemys its only Serana that triggers ,  Ive gone thru atleast 10 times using the hotkey to trigger the peril defeated by enemy.  Is there any global or set commands i can try to remove her from perl?  Also tried safe word but still nothing changes

There should be a "safe word" button in the MCM that stops the defeat system and should revert everything to normal.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My companion was defeated by a bandit and started bleeding. I killed this bandit and all the rest of them in the vicinity and I see that my companion never exits the bleeding animation mode. Waited 1 hour (with T key), nothing,  travelled far and she follows me slowly while in bleeding mode... she doesn't recover!

How may I aid her to stand up and exit from bleeding status? (healing her doesn't work)

16 hours ago, ScepterOfDoom said:

My companion was defeated by a bandit and started bleeding. I killed this bandit and all the rest of them in the vicinity and I see that my companion never exits the bleeding animation mode. Waited 1 hour (with T key), nothing,  travelled far and she follows me slowly while in bleeding mode... she doesn't recover!

How may I aid her to stand up and exit from bleeding status? (healing her doesn't work)

Is your companion vanilla or custom? It's possible that your companion is stuck in Peril defeat mode even though you are not. If that's the case, try opening the console and typing 'resetquest perildefeat'. I had a custom follower who sometimes got lost in Peril. He would follow me, but I couldn't talk to him until I 'resetquest perildefeat'.

If your follower's ai package is stuck, you can try targeting them in console and try the following. One of them might work.

• disable, then enable
  • tai, exit console. enter console and tai again.
  • resetai

As a last resort, a very last resort, and make sure you save first, you can try 'kill' then 'resurrect', but take all their inventory first. This will reset them, including their inventory. I'm not sure what else it might do, whether it'll mess your relationship status, etc.

Somebody else may have better options.

Edited by Seeker999
16 hours ago, ScepterOfDoom said:

You can also try staggering them, hit 'em with unrelenting force or something. That might jolt them out of bleedout. Might be better to try this first.

I forgot about this until I read it in another forum about another mod. :flushed:

On 9/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Seeker999 said:

You can also try staggering them, hit 'em with unrelenting force or something. That might jolt them out of bleedout. Might be better to try this first.

I forgot about this until I read it in another forum about another mod. :flushed:

Thanks Seeker999 I'll try it next time it happens. My companion was Uthgerd the unbroken (from vanilla game, in Whiterun), now she's dead, I don't care she died since she's having a lot of issues (I think vanilla issues) like not being able to dismiss.

BTW: I tested same battle some times and that behaviour of being stuck in bleeding mode did not happened. The other outcomes were instant dead or bleeding -> dead if someone kept hitting hard, and bleeding working well... so it is one of this weird bugs hard to catch it seems...

On 9/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, ScepterOfDoom said:

Some times followers and NPCS get lock in animations , the best way to get back to normal is get them into another animation so it can in and reset correctly without starting a crime alarm....... Any mod that can force NPCS or followers ... I keep this mod in my load order so I don,t have to go back to a previous save...

Just give them a HUG

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51657/

2 minutes ago, jlttsmiley30 said:

Some times followers and NPCS get lock in animations , the best way to get back to normal is get them into another animation so it can end and reset correctly without starting a crime alarm....... Any mod that can force NPCS or followers ... I keep this mod in my load order so I don,t have to go back to a previous save...

Just give them a HUG

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51657/

• 2 months later...

My Heroine was knocked down, but Her opponent was killed by other NPCs. The Heroine escaped, regained her Health, ate a hearty meal and slept well. However, the loud pounding of Her heart haunted Her until I made a Save and rebooted it. Of course, I'm not a programmer and I don't understand how it works in detail. But agree, such accidents are very frustrating.

And here, about the Saves.. I noticed an interesting point: If you create a save in the Interior, then everything works. If the Saving was done in the exterior, then there is a high probability that it will be broken.

Yes, I understand that I have other mods installed. This fact may interfere with the Mod's work. However, I'm trying to find my game. I test and remove heavy or conflicting mods.

I am disappointed that this mod is very unstable on SE. There is a periodic slowdown in gameplay and a large number of non-working Saves. In fact, I would love to have this Mod in my Game. I like the concept. Simplicity, and nothing superfluous.

I'm sad if I have to give up this mod...

• 4 weeks later...

There's a major issue with this mod where if there is friendly combat (e.g. brawls, vilkas training during companion questline), once the combat ends, you will not be able to talk to that NPC anymore. It bugged out some of my quests before. Does anyone know a workaround/fix to this issue?

Edited by Hang Tuah
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 6:06 AM, Code Serpent said:

I'd recommend you leave those mods installed, but just disable player defeat for both of them through their MCMs.

thanks

for me is just otherwise

i would install DAYMOYL and Defeat Baka's version and disable Peril's defeat because it not work

my char stand in bleed out endlessly

i use all wenches (included last Yuriana) and maybe that could be a reason

anyway your Peril looks verry promising

thanks

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long wait between updates. I had to do a lot of tweaking and play-testing, but I think the mod will be a lot more stable now. No special update instructions, just don't be in combat when updating. Hopefully, I can now start working on adding things rather than fixing things.

-Completely rebuilt all punishments to be more easily expandable.
-Punishments now work on a weighted system again.
-Sex Punishments rebuilt so all gender/creature combinations are included and considered in one punishment.
-Added 'Blowjob' sex punishment.
-Rewrote all dialogue, and added dialogue/messages for Moral, Amoral, Vampire, Dremora, Dragon, Undead, Giant, Automaton, Animal, and Creature enemy types.
-Added 'bleedout messages' for all punishments to describe what's happening to your character.
-Ensured defeat ended reliably when player has ended combat.
-Covered scenario where player surrenders multiple times in a row.
-Removed dialogue blocking from followers, instead, attempting to talk to or command followers will cancel parlay/punishments
-Added option to enable bribe options without the Bribery speech perk.
-Added option to MCM showing current state of Defeat.
-Added 'Bleedout Recovery', which prevents you from entering parlay with enemies after entering bleedout or surrendering, to make the defeat system less exploitable. Can be disabled in MCM.
-Disabled the surrender hotkey while using console.

Edited by Code Serpent
2 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Sorry for the long wait between updates. I had to do a lot of tweaking and play-testing, but I think the mod will be a lot more stable now. No special update instructions, just don't be in combat when updating. Hopefully, I can now start working on adding things rather than fixing things.

-Completely rebuilt all punishments to be more easily expandable.
-Punishments now work on a weighted system again.
-Sex Punishments rebuilt so all gender/creature combinations are included and considered in one punishment.
-Added 'Blowjob' sex punishment.
-Rewrote all dialogue, and added dialogue/messages for Moral, Amoral, Vampire, Dremora, Dragon, Undead, Giant, Automaton, Animal, and Creature enemy types.
-Added 'bleedout messages' for all punishments to describe what's happening to your character.
-Ensured defeat ended reliably when player has ended combat.
-Covered scenario where player surrenders multiple times in a row.
-Removed dialogue blocking from followers, instead, attempting to talk to or command followers will cancel parlay/punishments
-Added option to enable bribe options without the Bribery speech perk.
-Added option to MCM showing current state of Defeat.
-Added 'Bleedout Recovery', which prevents you from entering parlay with enemies after entering bleedout or surrendering, to make the defeat system less exploitable. Can be disabled in MCM.
-Disabled the surrender hotkey while using console.

Sounds good. And 'Well done' for persisiting!

I'll try it out on my next new game