So I checked my game, and it's been 6 days since the first pony event.  I've mostly visited big-city inns after dark, but I've gone inside a few times during the day.  The quest isn't guaranteed to trigger, but it is a little worrisome that it's been 6 days.  Has anyone had the pony quest twice?

Well, I wasn't testing it properly.  When I did, I got it right away (some luck probably involved).  So it's working.

There are two broad categories of events in the mod, location change events (like entering a palace) and periodic events.  The periodic events can trigger when you ask to be of service.  They don't trigger just because you're in the right location.  I was offering service during the day while adventuring, but when I figured I'd done it enough, I'd quit.  By the time I got back to the inn, it was either too late or I wasn't being a good slave.  Periodic events can trigger when the owner demands something, but there are a lot of possibilities (getting zapped and so on) and the owners demands are spaced several hours apart.

That's why I wasn't seeing the pony event again.  To trigger it, you must offer service (or get a demand) while in an inn in a walled city, during the day, etc.

If players want to force it to see it, use "StartQuest vkjPonyExpress".  The owner will wait there, so I suggest doing that in a convenient location, and definitely in a city during the day when the required NPCs will be available. 

@HexBolt8

I do often have issue with the whipping scene when in closed environments. IDK if it is ZAP that moves owner or not but sometimes moves him in a wall or object then doesn't know what to do. You can do "moveto player" with owner targeted in console to get it working in most cases.

Not sure if you were aware and there is just no decent work around or what but just to let you know. Not a big deal really.

16 minutes ago, RMCW said:

I do often have issue with the whipping scene when in closed environments.

The mod blindly places the owner in front of the PC.  It doesn't know if there's a wall, tree, or furniture.  I don't know how to get around that other than to drop the owner right on top of the PC, which in most cases would look bad.  I think you've found the best workaround.  Thank you for reporting the problem, though.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:22 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Regarding Pony Express, if a player doesn't want the stable task, there is a way to prevent it:

set vkjPonyExpressEvent to 3

I've seen the pony express thing about two dozen times and have never seen the stables. I typed "set vkjPonyExpressEvent to 1" since 3 was stables and 2 was steward and then started the quest with player.startquest vkpPonyExpress and got option 1... merchants. For me it doesn't seem to be that random. It's always merchants (steward only once). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

7 minutes ago, tester86 said:

I've seen the pony express thing about two dozen times and have never seen the stables. I typed "set vkjPonyExpressEvent to 1" since 3 was stables and 2 was steward and then started the quest with player.startquest vkpPonyExpress and got option 1... merchants. For me it doesn't seem to be that random. It's always merchants (steward only once). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Well if you're in Solitude, you won't get the stable event (and this is stated in the Guide for Pony Express Girls) because it's a long run, and there's no hostler there for you to talk to.  Otherwise, you're unlucky.  Until the 18 Oct update, the odds were skewed against the stable, not impossible but less likely.  That's fixed.  There's always a chance for the merchant task because it has a lot more replay potential.  Setting the event to 1 as you did does reduce the chance for the merchant task, but it's then 33/33/33 merchant / steward / stable rather than the base 50 / 25 / 25.

Guest AthenaESIV

HexBolt... I had an idea in another thread... lol

This might be best for another mod someday that SLTR integrates with, but I'll post it here before I forget...

w3tg9neuvss31.jpg

A dark corrupted doppleganger of the Dragonborn appears, and becomes her SLTR follower/master...

It would be amazing if someone made a mod like that someday... A follower mod where you can switch POV between the Dragonborn and her evil twin. Maybe the Dragonborn sucks at fighting even, and the dark twin locks her up in some "I'll Take The Display Model" bondage at the entrance to dungeons before she goes into the dungeon herself and destroys everything in her path.

Tons of ways it could work, and choosing the easiest way would be fine. If POV switching is possible (it prolly would be best if the POV didn't actually change... maybe just add / remove a corruption overlay, and fake it... It could even require the PC and the corrupted twin to strip naked before the POV switch ability is available to make it easier... Then once the appearance changes, change the NPC's dialog and personality based on if she is the 'PC' or the dark twin)

Anyway, just making a note before I forget, lol... Maybe there is already something like this out there for SLTR to integrate into.

(btw this could even be something that has a 2nd copy that is a light twin, and it's all about the struggle between the 3 of them through the game)

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The mod blindly places the owner in front of the PC.  It doesn't know if there's a wall, tree, or furniture.  I don't know how to get around that other than to drop the owner right on top of the PC, which in most cases would look bad.  I think you've found the best workaround.  Thank you for reporting the problem, though.

Just thought, one probably overly complex work around you could do:

- Register onHit at start of event, with a wait(x) after registering. Being hit would unregister the onHit event and set a bool.
Not sure if it is possible to register and unregister onHit events though? Unclear on creation kit website..

- If player has not been been hit after the wait(x) then place owner on the player.

Probably a bit too much faffing about for something so minor though ?

28 minutes ago, Lekefeno said:

ive never wore the hobble skirt that is in the MCM settings. 

The hobble skirt is only used for the Fashion Slave event, which will start during the day in Solitude unless you have another quest going that might block it, or if you've turned that event off.  That gag is used if the owner gags you.  The blindfold is for the Lights Out event which only occurs at a high score (over 80).

29 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

A dark corrupted doppleganger of the Dragonborn appears, and becomes her SLTR follower/master.

You could create a follower with your face (I'm guessing that there's a mod that lets you do that) and give the follower the same name as your character.  There is a way to switch control of actors with the console, but it has problems and I don't recommend it.  Even without it, you could still play out a nice fantasy with that, sort of the opposite of Recorder.

10 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Is DFC's event basically just sex?

Yes, when you get that deal whenever you enter a shop (or tavern in a different deal) the owner talks directly to the shop keeper offering the p.c. against a discount I think you get 5% lol.

Yeah your idea about visiting people to promote the shop is more original although there is a quest in devious adventures about handing out leaflets although its not specific npcs just the first ones you meet.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:39 AM, AthenaESIV said:

HexBolt... I had an idea in another thread... lol

This might be best for another mod someday that SLTR integrates with, but I'll post it here before I forget...

w3tg9neuvss31.jpg

A dark corrupted doppleganger of the Dragonborn appears, and becomes her SLTR follower/master...

It would be amazing if someone made a mod like that someday... A follower mod where you can switch POV between the Dragonborn and her evil twin. Maybe the Dragonborn sucks at fighting even, and the dark twin locks her up in some "I'll Take The Display Model" bondage at the entrance to dungeons before she goes into the dungeon herself and destroys everything in her path.

Tons of ways it could work, and choosing the easiest way would be fine. If POV switching is possible (it prolly would be best if the POV didn't actually change... maybe just add / remove a corruption overlay, and fake it... It could even require the PC and the corrupted twin to strip naked before the POV switch ability is available to make it easier... Then once the appearance changes, change the NPC's dialog and personality based on if she is the 'PC' or the dark twin)

Anyway, just making a note before I forget, lol... Maybe there is already something like this out there for SLTR to integrate into.

(btw this could even be something that has a 2nd copy that is a light twin, and it's all about the struggle between the 3 of them through the game)

it exists already, its integrated in the "Troubles of Heroine" Mod!:P

I was looking at implementing While You Were Sleeping and I found that selecting a random container is not as simple as I'd thought.  They don't have keywords.  I looked at two examples but they're not satisfactory.

Treasure Hunter Whore adds a Location Reference Type to hundreds of containers in the game, marking them all as edited.  No.  Too intrusive.  Laura's Bondage Shop uses Skyrim's "Container" location ref type, but that's only set up for loot chests, not barrels and dressers in taverns. 

I can do it by adding every desired container in an inn into a form list, then setting the quest alias conditions that it must be in the form list and GetInSameCell as the player is true.  Before I start down that tedious path, is there a better way to randomly select a container in the current cell?

I noticed an issue with EFF.

I don't have this issue if enslaved through Simple Slavery++ as it doesn't assign the follower in EFF, which is fine for me.

When they are registered in EFF prostitution profits go into the 'Inventory' container rather than 'Equipment' container. As I don't use the pop up menus, I have to enable them to access the inventory to get the gold and put it in the normal/vanilla 'Equipment' container.

15 minutes ago, RMCW said:

When they are registered in EFF prostitution profits go into the 'Inventory' container rather than 'Equipment' container. As I don't use the pop up menus, I have to enable them to access the inventory to get the gold and put it in the normal/vanilla 'Equipment' container.

Unfortunately, mods that change how follower inventory works will likely be a problem.

Looks like you disabled the message function in profile. Hmm, i would like to ask you something. i guess you are familiar how to connect a sex mod with SL framework.

SL has some further features that are not used  by every modder.  client counting in diary, use nearby bed, etc. how familiar are you with those ?  Imagine RP would not have them, could you add them and would that be much work ?    ( Including approaching clients, which isnt a featurre of SL, but one of RP )

5 hours ago, VolfDeMar said:

The master opens the chest at the request of the Lola and ...

Okay, and what?  I have no idea what you're asking.

4 hours ago, shiagwen said:

SL has some further features that are not used  by every modder.  client counting in diary, use nearby bed, etc. how familiar are you with those ?  Imagine RP would not have them, could you add them and would that be much work ?    ( Including approaching clients, which isnt a featurre of SL, but one of RP )

I read this 3 times and I'm still not sure what you're asking.  What features do you want to add to RP?  There is an author with a newer version of RP, but it's not clear how it's better, and I'm customized the original version for my own use, so I haven't looked at it beyond the mod description.