Psalam

Favorite Quest Lines II

Which of the Quest Lines is your favorite? (The parenthetical comments are meant only to help jog your memory.)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Quest Lines is your favorite? (The parenthetical comments are meant only to help jog your memory.)

• Main Quest Line (kill Alduin)
    • Companions (become Harbinger)
    • College of Winterhold (become Archmage)
    • Thieves' Guild (return the skeleton key)
    • Dark Brotherhood (kill the Emperor)
    • Civil War (help someone bring order to Skyrim)
    • Dawnguard (eliminate vampires/rule vampires)
    • Dragonborn (kill Miraak)
  2. 2. Which of the Radiant Quest Lines is your favorite? (The parenthetical material exists simply to jog your memory.)

• Main Quest (rebuild the Blades, kill Paarthurnax)
    • Companions (various hunting quests)
    • College of Winterhold (Novices' quests, Tolfdir's Alembic, various Magic School Ritual quests, etc.)
    • Thieves' Guild (Vex and Delvin's quests, City quests)
    • Dark Brotherhood (more assassinations)
    • Civil War (Choose this if you just don't know what the Radiant Quests are or if you think they all suck since there are no Civil War Radiant quests)
    • Dawnguard (various)
    • Dragonborn (various)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2020 at 08:00 PM

There are two questions that constitute this poll. The first is which of the Quest Lines is your favorite. The second is which of the Radiant Quest Lines is your favorite. I regret that I can not set up a rank order so you will only be able to choose one in each category.

Now that I vote about that...

...I think I just need the vanilla quests to have an excuse to get into LL mod troubles 🤔

Although I like the Miraak Quest for Hermaeus Mora's realm (lovecraftian vibe) and I like the Mage Guild Quests, because of the Collage (maybe I have a Harry-Potter-Syndrome?) => ah shot, just saw I use a mod for the collage 🤦‍♂️.

Falmer related quests are welcome too, keeping an eye on:

Spoiler

Uhm, there was a "Favorite Quest Lines I" somewhere? 🙃

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Now that I vote about that...

...I think I just need the vanilla quests to have an excuse to get into LL mod troubles 🤔

Although I like the Miraak Quest for Hermaeus Mora's realm (lovecraftian vibe) and I like the Mage Guild Quests, because of the Collage (maybe I have a Harry-Potter-Syndrome?).

Falmer related quests are welcome too, keeping an eye on:

Reveal hidden contents

Uhm, there was a "Favorite Quest Lines I" somewhere? 🙃

Yeah. @Alessia Wellington appropriately pointed out that I forgot the Dawnguard and Dragonborn quests. I don't think that one lasted an hour.

I would like to see civil war quest go away, I never do it anymore. Changing of who controls particular holds is biggest factor, been thinking about trying to mod Season Unending quest so no holds have control turned over to particular side when negotiating truce for so DragonBorn can trap dragon.

Personally, I think Season Unending would actually be a great time to script in scene explaining to Elenwen that no more thalmor patrols need be taken place in Skyrim moving forward, which they would only honor a little bit.

The ultimate would be a three team grudge fuck with Elenwen getting dominated by PC,Ulfric,and Galmar Stone-Fist. Real "True Sons of Skyrim" shit right there.

A little sad not to see "none of the above" as options, because while I do prefer the College of Winterhold story to the rest, none of them have compelling side quests, except perhaps for the re-created civil war side quests which -- contrary to your comment -- are readily available in a few different mods (Open Civil War ad the no-longer-available Civil War Overhaul to name two of them).

Would also like to see a least favorite option, where Dawnguard should win hands-down every single time.

Also, thanks for the shoutout of my mod which has no quests in it (yet) ;)

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

A little sad not to see "none of the above" as options, because while I do prefer the College of Winterhold story to the rest, none of them have compelling side quests, except perhaps for the re-created civil war side quests which -- contrary to your comment -- are readily available in a few different mods (Open Civil War ad the no-longer-available Civil War Overhaul to name two of them).

But that's modified content and if you're allowing that then you should allow for other content that modifies vanilla quest lines or mods that are  just completely new quests.

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Would also like to see a least favorite option, where Dawnguard should win hands-down every single time.

Really? I think DG is the only one that gets any merit for at actually giving the player a choice as to which side you join and also having a fairly well fleshed out NPC follower in Serana. Who, even if you hate her, at least has a story.
If they had made the Silver Hand more than just bandits with a hardon for Lycanthropes and given the player the choice of them over the Companions. Or the chance to take apart the Thieves guild and undermine Maven Black-Briar. Or do more then just attack the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary but work undercover to the destroy their hold in Skyrim. If they'd done that then I would say DG is no better than any other questline (except for having Serana)

The Civil war at least has the distinction of both sides being cunts. I find the Imperials unlikeable and Ulfric is just a puppet of the Thalmor gone a bit rogue (but still pretty much doing what they wanted)

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Really? I think DG is the only one that gets any merit for at actually giving the player a choice as to which side you join

You can only join the vampires if you first join the Dawnguard.

If you join the Dawnguard because you genuinely hate vampires, there is no means of progression that doesn't involve working directly alongside one (Serana).

There is no version of the Dawnguard questline that doesn't have you switching sides or betraying a principle somewhere.

That is why I hate it.  There was no need for it to be done that way.  In a strict DG playthrough Serana only exists to feed you fetch quests until the end.  In a strict vampire playthrough ... well, there is no such thing.

EDIT: regarding the civil war stuff being modified content, there is a difference between modded-in and restored.  Not saying you are wrong to not include it here, but but that is an important distinction.

10 hours ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I would like to see civil war quest go away, I never do it anymore. Changing of who controls particular holds is biggest factor, been thinking about trying to mod Season Unending quest so no holds have control turned over to particular side when negotiating truce for so DragonBorn can trap dragon.

The ultimate would be a three team grudge fuck with Elenwen getting dominated by PC,Ulfric,and Galmar Stone-Fist. Real "True Sons of Skyrim" shit right there.

I figure we could also have Tullius cave into his base desires and join the fun. Only then can true peace be achieved. Besides Tullius secretly hates the Thalmor almost as much as Ulfric.

Whatever you decide I'm in favor for leaving the Season Unending quest in a neutral position or skipping it altogether.

12 hours ago, Heroine of the Night said:

This seems to be a popular opinion and I can only guess the reason it hasn't been done is the trickiness of the quest lines involved.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

I figure we could also have Tullius cave into his base desires and join the fun. Only then can true peace be achieved. Besides Tullius secretly hates the Thalmor almost as much as Ulfric.

Whatever you decide I'm in favor for leaving the Season Unending quest in a neutral position or skipping it altogether.

I forget if it is the Unbound mod, or a Not So Fast MQ mod that lets you skip the peace summit and convince Balgruuf that A. you know what you're doing and B. if there's a dragon flying overhead, the armies won't be worried about the wall for a while.

Now, if we change the order of the quest completions a bit, and hit up Miraak first you can Gol Hah Dov the party and Bend Will orgy everyone.  Not sure if mind wipe is involved in that or not, but would sure be fun to see Elenwen walking out of the place a little funny and completely forgetting that she got spit roasted by Ulfric and Tullius or Galmar and Rikke with a strapon with runes spelling out Talos.

50 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

This seems to be a popular opinion and I can only guess the reason it hasn't been done is the trickiness of the quest lines involved.

I forget if it is the Unbound mod, or a Not So Fast MQ mod that lets you skip the peace summit and convince Balgruuf that A. you know what you're doing and B. if there's a dragon flying overhead, the armies won't be worried about the wall for a while.

Now, if we change the order of the quest completions a bit, and hit up Miraak first you can Gol Hah Dov the party and Bend Will orgy everyone.  Not sure if mind wipe is involved in that or not, but would sure be fun to see Elenwen walking out of the place a little funny and completely forgetting that she got spit roasted by Ulfric and Tullius or Galmar and Rikke with a strapon with runes spelling out Talos.

Oh yeah. I also forgot about Delpine and Esbern. They must have some major beef with the Thalmor after the blades got hunted down to near extinction. Does loverslab have an animation for that many people because if not then they may have to take turns fucking the Thalmor bitch.

It might even be even funnier if she wasn't mind wiped. Like many high elves Elenwen would be too proud to admit she got fucked by a nord. Then again she would be the first to report to her Thalmor superiors. Then again this could make for a great introduction to a new civil war option: Fucking the Thalmor. Okay I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Everybody gets fucked over at some point in the elderscrolls universe so a mind wipe may be what is needed to keep it short. 

If not Bend Will, alcohol will do the trick to make her forget.

3 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Tell her she can have/do/demand whatever if she takes a shot for each request, but don't tell her Skooma Whore is in effect.😈

Skooma Whore? You just killed my imurrrshun you awful person. Joking aside having Elenwen as a whore sounds wonderful. Does Paradise Halls even allow that?

I don't think "favorite" is the right word since if you pick them apart they all fall short one way or another, some more than other. But i don't know, if i had to pick i'd probably either pick the Civil War questline or Dawnguard questline. I could pick the Main questline because it sends me to Sovngarde and i really like the atmosphere of that place but it's only a one time thing so eh. So my pick is probably the Civil War questline. 

For radiant quests, i'm not so sure on this either but it's probably the College of Winterhold quests. They each feel a bit different and stuff even though they're fetch quests more or less. I don't know if i have enough drive to make a pick here to begin with, they're all kinda bleh if you think about it. So my pick is probably the College of Winterhold radiant quests.

42 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Skooma Whore? You just killed my imurrrshun you awful person. Joking aside having Elenwen as a whore sounds wonderful. Does Paradise Halls even allow that?

if it doesn't, there is a mod Terrible people, that I think adds her to the Solitude Winking Skeever Inn. It adds a number of other NPCs you can recruit as followers, either to lead to their death or take to Boethia's sacrificial pillar for that quest.

or you can just make a clone of her for enslaving.

I'll likely 'hide' my current installation, and adopt a new one just to play the Civil War Overhaul - but while looking it up for proper Name reference led me to - drama -

Hard to believe it's been 5 years+ since I even followed anything Skyrim mod related because I can't mod my Skyrim as is (new mods). I saved it from the creation club before patches and Bethesda screwed me. So not even the mod manager menu is usable by me. This makes most current mods unusable as well.

I see in Steam I have SkyrimSSE available - lonely and orphaned - never touched. Just Maybe.... we'll see.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Yes, although you have to use one of your favorite cheats to get into the Thalmor Embassy. Once done, in my personal experience, it's not as much fun as you would think. Still, I suppose, everyone should try it once (preferably after "Diplomatic Immunity" if you are going to do that quest.

6 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

You can only join the vampires if you first join the Dawnguard.

If you join the Dawnguard because you genuinely hate vampires, there is no means of progression that doesn't involve working directly alongside one (Serana).

There is no version of the Dawnguard questline that doesn't have you switching sides or betraying a principle somewhere.

That is why I hate it.  There was no need for it to be done that way.  In a strict DG playthrough Serana only exists to feed you fetch quests until the end.  In a strict vampire playthrough ... well, there is no such thing.

I want to make it clear, I never said it was well done. Just that they gave you a choice which you don't have in the others which are basically do the quest or don't.

Don't want to beat up struggling traders for money? Then stop doing the quest, that is all you can do.
Don't want to become a werewolf, then walk out... Oh, now you know their secret, do they care about that? Not at all.

This is why I rate DG higher than other quest lines. Not because it's actually good but because it does give you a choice to carry on playing it but from a different angle. I can't argue with your criticism but we are sort comparing bruised apples to even more bruised apples.

As for Serana, working with the "enemy" is not an uncommon trope to use. I think you still get the option to be a dick to her (not played it in ages so don't really remember) but I still hold that as vanilla followers go she is way more fleshed out than the others. Tho have to admit, she might be half the reason I haven't bothered with the quest line in years.

25 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

This is why I rate DG higher than other quest lines. Not because it's actually good but because it does give you a choice to carry on playing it but from a different angle. I can't argue with your criticism but we are sort comparing bruised apples to even more bruised apples.

Fair enough and agreed.  It is less bruised than the other apples.

Along similar lines, the Dragonborn quest line has a few possible twists to it, but they aren't explicit dialogue choices and I don't want to spoil them if you haven't found them.

10 minutes ago, NickNozownik said:

The Dark Brotherhood but I'm not a murderer. Sometimes people trip over things and fall on my sword 38 times. Accidents happen. Must have been the wind, right?

kinda like this?