8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It may not increase the way you're expecting.

Expected deals only increases if you have more active deals than the expected deals.

It starts at zero, so the first time you get a deal, it can go up ... and so on.

It won't increase if your Will is less than 4.0

BUT ... assuming you have will >= 4.0, then EITHER boredom OR expected deals must go up.

It's two branches of an If Else, it's got to be one or the other...

Except, there's an expected deal limit... I made provision for it to be editable, though it isn't.

It defaults to 9.0 in the ESP. I thought it might be an unset property, but no, it's fine.

So, that should not be preventing your expected deals from increasing.

If expected deals goes up, boredom is reset.

ExpectedDeals only goes down if you get a new follower, or you are enslaved, or if you pay off slavery, or as a result of various "games",

It's remotely possible that this is happening when it shouldn't.

One thing, is that if you have a lot of excess deals, your timer for re-evaluation can be extended considerably.

Basically, each excess deal gives you a multiple of the boredom interval.

I need to confirm behavior for myself, but it was tested at one point.

Thanks again for the answer.

Apart from the Boredom the mod works great.

I switched it to 0,5 days and skipped a few days with faster timescale, then setting to normal timescale and sleeping, maybe the faster timescale caused script lag and thus prevented it from working as it should.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm not sure about that. SWL may even be better in that area, but it lacks the quests. 

I proposed the Whore Collar for DCL, so I'm familiar with that, and I've tried all the other mods too, looking for the solution I wanted. I did not find it.

I think, for it to be satisfactory, a lot of things would need to change in RP; many dialogs lack a DF feel, and there's not so much point without that.

You can just use RP and pretend if you're happy with that, which is close to what I do now.

What is SWL ?

20 hours ago, xboronx said:

Apart from the Boredom the mod works great.

I believe I know why you didn't see boredom increase.

When you set the timer to 0.5 days, the existing timer would remain in effect until it triggered - after at least three days.

Only after that would you get half-day triggering.

I've modified the MCM so that it will reset the timer if the new delay + the current time is earlier than the existing expiry time for the timer.

I tested boredom extensively, and the conclusion was that it was working as it should.

However, while doing that I decided that not adding boredom while willpower is low is not appropriate.

I've changed things, so boredom can still be added for very low willpower characters.

I'm enjoying the mod!

I'm trying to figure out how to regain control of my gold.  It one point I became rather helpless and that turned into owing my follower quite a bit.  Before I knew it, I was her slave, and she automatically started controlling my gold.  I was able to turn things around and build up some credit, at some point she was no longer my master!  But she retains control over my gold.  I talk to her every day when I wake up and ask her if she will let me control my gold again, but she's being... evasive.  At least once she said, sure but I'll keep all the gold you have for credit.  Ask me again tomorrow and maybe you can get all your gold instead.  So I chose the option to wait.  Is there any trick to this?  My willpower is always above 1 when I ask, I have no currently running deals.  The only other thing going on is the cursed collar quest.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Is there any trick to this?  My willpower is always above 1 when I ask, I have no currently running deals.  The only other thing going on is the cursed collar quest.  Any ideas?

i have had that happen ...i did get out of it after a while (over 7 days without asking and had high willpower {over 7} the whole time)

sadly i cannot remember offhand how long it actually was that it took.

you might need to finish the cursed collar quest before it will let you regain control as that may be the problem due to it being "too devious" for some normal stuff to trigger.

if you need to get control back there is a "desperation" option...the debug page.

9 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Is there any trick to this?  My willpower is always above 1 when I ask, I have no currently running deals.

Have more willpower.

If you have high willpower you should be able to get your credit back much more easily.

Cursed collar won't impact your gold control directly, but it will impact your willpower regain if you enabled DDs modifying base resistance.

Another way to approach it is to simply live with the follower controlling your money. In that case, what matters is how much you are allowed to hold.

Make use of the ability to ask to hold more if you need to.

But if your willpower is low, and floating just above one or something, you will have a lot of problems with your follower, way beyond gold control.

You need to get willpower to at least 6 or 7 to stop the worst problems, and 8 is better still.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:43 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I strip down SLAL packs to just the parts that I intend to use.  For the animated objects themselves, must the pack's esp file be installed or is it sufficient to just have the mesh and texture files? 

If you are able to get a stripped down version working would you be happy to post it as support pack for DF? I'm also up against anim limits so have the same issue with installing the full packs.

Just curious; are you planning on adding any functionality for additional followers? 
I think it'd be awesome if my devious followers would start making demands of my other follower if I am unable to pay, etc. 
Being whored out together with Serana sounds like a dream come true :P

49 minutes ago, Thelargir said:

Just curious; are you planning on adding any functionality for additional followers? 

Planning and wishing are ... different.

It's complicated, because DF supports three different follower frameworks, and anything done in that direction is ... extremely painful.

Also, if I was to do anything, it would almost certainly be the followers all ganging up on the PC, in the first instance.

Here is a new beta:

I'd like to hope this is the final beta for 2.12...

Latest beta now uploaded, a couple of pages further into the forum.

Animations you need for spanking functionality:

Spoiler
  • Nibbles Objects uses 'Nibbles Spanking (Paddle)' and 'Nibbles Spanking (Chair)'.
  • Anub Human uses 'Anub  Rape'
  • Rydin uses 'Rydin Overlap Spanking' and 'Rydin Underarm Spanking'

You must have at least the Nibbles Objects spanks, or spanking will not be enabled; the others are optional, but highly recommended.

Changes made since 2.11:

Spoiler

Changes made for 2.12:

• Fixed poor wording in debug add follower dialogs.
  • Debug add follower dialogs now only show up on PotentialFollower and PotentialHireling faction members.
  • Overhaul of MCM layouts so less scrolling is required and General page less crowded.
  • Fixed bug where MCM updates would lead to some MCM entries behaving as OTHER entries until you'd re-visisted every page.
  • Total rework of all costs and level scaling.
    •     Daily follower cost is now determined by fixed "cost at level 1" and "cost at level 100" values, along with a difficulty curve (or line).
    •     You can choose from preset curves, or put in your own exponent value.
    •     See the main post above for details on the curves.
    •     Most other costs now scale off the cost per day, so you can set up "fair" scalings and tweak the overall mod difficulty by adjusting only the cost per day values.
    •     No more need to constantly tweak Enslavement Threshold or Maximum Debt (which now has a new, clearer name).
    •     Punishment Debt and Deal values are all based off the per-day cost.
  • Fixed Chaos updates to they don't only occur if you sleep 6+ hours, but instead occur on all debt updates sleeps.
  • Total rework of Chaos system.
    •     Chaos prices are now all scale values too, so your Chaos setup should work with almost any debt configuration.
    •     Chaos doesn't change or overwrite any of the main settings but is completely separate.
    •     If you disable Chaos, your regular settings should take over without having been altered or corrupted.
    •     Chaos settings that are multiplier ARE evenly distributed across the scale range you choose.
    •     The proportional weighted update of chaos values works properly, even for lives.
    •     Chaos does not restore follower lives every time you adjust a setting.
    •     Disable the re-enable chaos will cause a complete (100%) re-randomization of chaos values.
    •     The hide values now only impacts the special chaos values display on the chaos page, and doesn't change or hide any settings in the main configuration - all those values will continue to work as normal; chaos is just a scale applied on top of them (lives and deal duration are an exception to this, in that either the chaos or the normal value is used, but the two do not interfere with each other).
  • Added expensive modular "Deep Debt" deal - this is a seemingly harmless deal with a high buyout cost. It can be obtained multiple times, and as a level 1, 2 or 3 stage in any modular deal. The deep debt buyout cost is not impacted by early buyout scaling and depends on how many stages of deep debt you have in a deal, not what stage they appear at.
  • Fixed willpower-resistance fatigue removal by religious donation.
  • Fixed bogus log spam about none items, relating to worn item removal.
  • Fixed forced follower start so it doesn't occur while mod is paused.
  • Fixed (stopped) enforcement of deals while enslaved.
  • Added variant "debt added" follower announcements, depending on gold-control mode and willpower.
  • Reworked device application system for enslavement events.
  • Fixed various info/tooltip items that were not displaying, or had bad information.
  • Improved data about debt/gold-control on stats page.
  • Raised quest priorities, which should hopefully make more followers reliably devious without causing problems in other mods.
  • Updated old chaos tooltips which were mainly useless placeholders.
  • Fixed broken slider for daily debt increase due to boredom.
  • Improved labels and tooltips on main deals menu page.
  • Fixed issue with main debt/deals dialog vanishing at certain willpower levels if you had no deals.
  • Fixed issue with boredom, and debt penalties not being reset on enslavement via the enslave me MCM button (which enslaves you directly, not the SS way). Not enabled if you don't have SS.
  • If you have no default SS "slaver", your first DF will be assigned to that role. If you set one yourself it always takes precedence.
  • Fixed display of boredom on main stats page not showing decimal place.
  • Rewrote and added male/female variants for innkeeper modular deal and vendor modular deal scenes.
  • Fixed generic bug with foreplay and anal sex not selecting foreplay or anal.
  • Improved sex animation selection with respect to devices, for almost all occasions sex is played by DF.
  • Fixed merchant + innkeeper deals so that oral isn't used if gagged, vaginal isn't used if belted. (May need new game).
  • Fixed equipment weights of whore armor.
  • Weird potion now debuffs magic, increases stagger taken, reduces intimidate and has higher weight scaling for armor.
  • Can toggle and configure custom whore armor in hardcore mode.
  • "Other mods" settings no longer hidden in hardcore mode. (So you can configure them if added).
  • Added spanking mechanics:
    • Added spanking mechanic, get spanked by your follower, if you are an STA masochist or the follower is bored.
    • Added spanking mechanic, get spanked by a guard if you are an STA masochist or female.
    • Added mod event to trigger spanking mechanic.
    • Added spanking config display in 'other mods' to provide details on animations and patch status.
    • Beta adds boob spanking to increase the max pain you can reach from spanking.
  • Fixed walk away from deal dialog so you always get a deal at low willpower. (May need new game).
  • Added Simple Slavery enslavement button in Debug menu that works even if SS not present (sort of).
  • Improved quest and AI priorities so there might be less problems with mods that override behaviors or dialogs.
  • Fixed looping dialogs on low will for modular deals.
  • Fixed buggy walk away dialogs for modular deals.
  • Reworked willpower regain, especially in MCM - now a min and max regain slider, and no toggle boxes. Min regain is always regained, max regain possible if no devices or deals, get an amount in between based on how many deals and devices you have.
  • Added slider to adjust scaling of the expensive "deep debt" deal in the modular deals page.
  • Re-FNIS of animation files with latest FNIS for modders.
  • Added some boredom relief from the denial scenes triggered by the Ownership Deal.
  • Added longer delays when giving out multiple devices for a deal.
  • Changed the details of penalties to max resistance from devices, if enabled. Removed heavy-bondage from the items that reduce max resistance. Added corset/harness to causes. Doubled the max resistance reduction from collars.

Changes made since previous beta:

Spoiler
  • Improved display of STA patching status.
  • The boredom interval can now be turned down to 0.25 of a day, and is adjustable in 0.25 increments.
  • If you change the boredom interval to make it shorter, it can make the next boredom event occur sooner, instead of waiting for the original timer to elapse before changing the duration (which was causing confusion). Extending the duration will still wait for the current timer to elapse.
  • Boredom can now increase even if you have very low willpower. Boredom increases are larger if you have a bigger deficit between actual and expected deals.
  • Some notifications are shown about boredom and expected deal changes.
  • Rewrote code for the follower discarding/abandoning the PC:
    • Now adds a belt and plugs in most cases.
    • Adds bounties to all holds except one, the one with no bounty is chosen randomly.
    • Bounties are additional, instead of forced to a set amount, so if you already have bounties, they may become high.
  • When all your items are taken due to SS abandonment-in-lieu-of-enslavement, they aren't simply destroyed, but are put in the chest of the NPC used when the follower takes your items.
  • If you refuse the SS slavery pact, you are abandoned with the additional bounties and belt+plugs that have been added for regular abandonment.
  • When you are given deals due to SS enslavement, all the enabled classic deals should now be correctly set. The modular deal limit is now respected. The deals you get from SS enslavement are still a crippling load. In most cases I'd say that deal enslavement via SS is a one-way process. A slider to configure this would probably be nice but is not planned at this time - use regular enslavement or disable some deals before getting enslaved in SS.
  • The recovery chest no longer respawns and erases your items, they should now be safe in there indefinitely.
  • The default % of items taken is now 50%, but you'll usually only notice on new games.
  • Item theft code (follower takes your items) was rewritten:
    • No longer steals SLS licenses or map+compass.
    • When you have a stack of items, it will steal a percentage of them, instead of just one.
    • High value to weight ratio items are always taken, regardless of percentage.
  • You can, on low willpower, pay your debts by asking the follower to take your items. You can still recover them from the khajiit for cheap, assuming you can be bothered to go and find her! The follower only credits you 1/10th of the item value though, so it's probably not a huge exploit. It also costs resistance. If you voluntarily offer your items, at least 50% will be taken, even if you configured the % to be lower than that in the MCM.
  • The follower will no longer attempt to steal your items if you have set the theft % to zero.
  • Fixed quest objectives for the stolen item quest: can now reliably see the quest in the journal and find the khajiit trader on the map via quest journal (look in Misc quests).
  • If you walk away from the follower payment dialog, in most cases, you will pay something, usually just 100.

It always seems the case that looking at some small issue in DF uncovers a heap of bigger problems. In this case it's item removal. While I've fixed some obvious problems with this mechanic, I think there's still a special game I didn't fix, and the removal mechanics for SS abandonment were ... previously ... highly problematic. I don't know how much better things are now with SS. This has just shown its head at the tail end of the work for this release, and has almost nothing to do with any of my intended changes. It's a nest of bugs that's been around since forever, and I'm not going to let it stall the release.

I recommend that people testing make a best effort to dig into item removal issues, but in practice I'm probably not going to fix those much more for this release. They were there before, and they are probably less now, so ... progress? Hopefully. 

SS enslavement is an area where configuration is lacking. As this release has done so much on configuration, I'm drawing the line on that one. It remains a nice tweak that can be added another time, but if I don't freeze features on this it will never end. The item removal stuff was more than enough of a diversion as it is.

A note on why I didn't add a patch to extend Anub Human with new animations in the end:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, Anub Human's FNIS setup is incompatible with latest FNIS.

To work, it only requires the space to be removed from the mod name, or replaced with an underline, or similar. A space there results in the infamous 2012 error when using FNIS for Modders. FNIS will likely never be updated now, so it is Anub Human that needs to change.

I could write up instructions on how to fix your Anub Human, and apply my patch to give extra animations, but I don't want to take the time to do that, or to continue supporting it, or deal with the people who make a mess trying to perform the extremely basic tasks required to do the fix-up.

I did make a version of this that will FNIS for myself, and add some cursory support for it in DF, but I didn't polish it up properly, or put it in the latest beta, because it's just too much bother to write up and support right now.

As a point of interest, Anub has very recently updated his packs, but the same problem remains with the June 5th updates. The alternate reduced/rape-only pack also has the same problem.

A note on abandonment as a consequence for failing out:

Spoiler

A player posted that abandonment is not a punishment, and it's an easy out.

The abandonment location has no easy way out, and requires you to navigate through a long sequence of Falmer infested tunnels while in heavy prisoner chains, and belt with plugs, and no gear or other items. (You don't get the chains if you are put there due to SS, you just get a collar).

• If you have SLS, you will have no map.
  • Without a defeat mod, you will likely die.
  • With a defeat mod, it's up to your defeat mod to punish you for losing.

Having played through this for testing a couple of times, I'm convinced it's "hard enough", and for those configurations where it isn't, the player has intentionally made things easy, so that is what they want.

If you find abandonment too easy, I recommend you remove your defeat mod, and try without it :) 

Once you get out, you still have to deal with almost every hold being hostile to you. If you have a prison mod, expect some discomfort.

I'm going to play with this beta for a week, and assuming no horrors, release it.

As usual, please test and report!

If you have DF bugs, report them here, not on the SLS forum; that's a strange place to report DF bugs.

Lots of thanks to all the users who have reported bugs on this forum for the alphas.

Hey Lupine00, the new changes and additions sound great. Just wanted to say that I checked Anub's thread after seeing your note and It looks like Anub is open to letting you include their animation in your mod. Don't know if that helps with the FNIS problem you are having or not.

With the new version i saw boredom increases quickly enough too.

Might have discovered a bug with the daily follower payment rates though, i set it to -99% for deals but otherwise chose the maximum option, my lvl 44 char is supposed to pay like 5600 gold a day. Now i have 10 deals running and the MCM shows -99% for deals, but the follower charged 4000 gold when she demanded payment.

4 hours ago, xboronx said:

Might have discovered a bug with the daily follower payment rates though, i set it to -99% for deals but otherwise chose the maximum option, my lvl 44 char is supposed to pay like 5600 gold a day. Now i have 10 deals running and the MCM shows -99% for deals, but the follower charged 4000 gold when she demanded payment.

I don't believe it is a bug. It's yet more complexity in the system you can't really be expected to just "know".

Trust the system, your follower knows best!

But seriously, let me explain a bit...

Discount applies only to NEW debt that occurs while you have the discount. It will not reduce old debt.

Also, any boredom penalty negates discount. The multipliers are summed up before being applied.

Also, any interest you owe will be discounted or modified by boredom.

Without knowing all the values in play, I can't say if the numbers you saw were wrong.

I'm not even sure exactly what numbers you're reporting at this point: "the follower charged 4000 gold when she demanded payment" but is that your  total debt, or what was added? I'm not clear. I think you mean 4000 was added? I can't say if that's wrong without knowing your boredom and other configs and numbers.

Working through this in detail:

Spoiler

discount = MIN(deals * 0.1, discountLimit)   ; Where discountLimit is from 0.0 to 0.99

dealScale = (boredomDebtAdjust + 1.0)  - discount   ; Where the boredom debt adjust is NOT the boredom value, but an accumulated value

M = daysElapsed * D * F    ; Where F is the follower count adjustment and D is the standard debtPerDay

newDebt = oldDebt + dealScale * (M + I)   ; Where I = the interest amount ... your discount is coming in through this dealScale value.

F will be 1.0 unless you have multiple followers.

I is oldDebt * daysElapsed * interestRatefromMCM * 0.01

The boredomDebtAdjust value comes from _DFDailyDebtAdjust * 0.01.

_DFDailyDebtAdjust is reset to 0.0 if your expected deals value increases, and increased by _DFDailyDebtIncrement * daysElapsed if boredom is non-zero. So, the amount of debt added is dependent on this accumulated value.

If you spend time with non-zero boredom, this value increases your costs. In theory, were it at 100, it would completely soak up any discount.

That's highly unlikely, and I'd imagine it's more like 5 or 6, or maybe 20.

In normal play, daysElapsed will be less than 1.0, as updates are more often than daily, but it depends on your config.

You could set your follower to demand pay only once per 24-hours if you wanted, or as often as an hour.

To support longer intervals, it would probably be necessary to detach various other mechanics from debt calculation, but it would be interesting if you could set it to a week, or similar, as this would result in sometimes surprising bills from the follower, especially with interest :) 

Does this allow you to explain the values you saw?

22 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Planning and wishing are ... different.

It's complicated, because DF supports three different follower frameworks, and anything done in that direction is ... extremely painful.

Also, if I was to do anything, it would almost certainly be the followers all ganging up on the PC, in the first instance.

Ah, yeah I can see that being a bit of a hassle :(  

Spoiler

20200614214217_1.jpg.36c162b69d32af9cea941e0f0d1c6994.jpg

Only additional setting is 2 followers, charging 20% extra per follower. Interest is at 0%.

I had paid debt and when Lydia charges after ~10 hours of waiting she charged 3334 gold, imho i should only get something <200 debt per day with the huge discount.

I am still finetuning, my endgoal is a setting where Lydia is too expensive when i am out of deals but i can earn money when in heavy deals, so that i am free for like a week, then enough debt accumulates that i have to take lots of deals and serve Lydia 1-2 weeks, then hopefully save enough money to be free for a few days again etc. etc..

So I finally had a chance to play some Skyrim this weekend and I played some of the DF test.  I figured a feedback post might be helpful

I loved the new cost scaling.  I was nervous about complexity being an issue but the cost explorer worked really well. I had no difficulty understanding.

-I thought the default pricing was pretty good but needs to be higher on the high end and perhaps slightly lower at the low end.  I used 150/15000.  That kept me out of trouble until about level 10 while using minimal other cash sink mods (SOS for tolls only,  roughly 2k spent on YPS fashion stuff and roughly a day of time wasted by Living Takes Time)

-The Low level cost slide definitely should be more granular.  Increments of 50 is just way to big when the expected choice is around 200

I'm still surprised by how much I like the boredom mechanic It does a nice job as a sort of automatic balancer for my cash flow.  I still suffers from minimal feedback though as there is no "in game" notification of it increase/decreasing or really interacting with anything at all.  A dialogue notification when your DF's boredom increases would go a long way towards helping keep the MCM closed during gameplay.

I had an interesting experience in my latest play through.  My PC's arousal had spiked to 100, so it was off to the tavern to get some release from Sadia and then when that wasn't enough it was back to the rented room where My PC took care of some things herself.  At this stage the PC was still firmly in charge but it would be cool if the the DF had some reaction to this kind of stuff, and I think boredom would be the perfect mechanic.

"Don't give him/her any idea's"

-when the PC does something scandalous the DF takes notice and maybe even starts to feel a bit left out

-If PC engages in sex that doesn't include the DF and the DF has at least 1 boredom, add 1 boredom

-play a snarky dialogue line about the DF feeling left out so the player knows it's happening

Thanks for the feedback. Did you try the spanking? How was that?

1 hour ago, Darkwing241 said:

needs to be higher on the high end and perhaps slightly lower at the low end

Maybe? Is this confirmed by others? It's going to depend a lot on your game setup, so it might not be worth changing.

I originally had it start at 200, and changed it to 250 is it seemed too low for me - and I have SLS eating my cash too.

Increments of 50 is just way to big when the expected choice is around 200

The supported range of the slider is rather large; it can probably be refined, and the increment along with it.

"in game" notification of it increase/decreasing or really interacting with anything at all

There is a message in the top left, but you could easily miss it.

-If PC engages in sex that doesn't include the DF and the DF has at least 1 boredom, add 1 boredom

-play a snarky dialogue line about the DF feeling left out so the player knows it's happening

It's early days for Boredom. Plenty of scope to add enhancements; this is certainly an option.

For this to feel fair, the PC should have an option to play with the follower.

In regard to starting payment amount, I went with 200 which almost seemed too much.  It's going to depend a lot on what gold-limiting mods the player uses.  As Darkwing noted, the increments for the low end could be smaller (as in 10 or 20).  I personally thought that the high end is fine, but again each player's economy will be different. 

I know someone suggested loans in the distant past, but I'll mention it again.  A simple borrowing feature would help you dig yourself a nice hole financially, especially at low levels when vendors have so many useful things for sale and you're broke.  Add the borrowed amount to the debt and there's no need to track it separately.  Just another way to get yourself in trouble.  Someone might find a way to abuse the feature, but if players are intent on cheating, the console is always there.

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A simple borrowing feature would help you dig yourself a nice hole financially

My suspicion is that Lozeak set out to implement loans via dialogue, like Loan Sharks of Skyrim, but understanding that debt to the follower is already a loan - with interest applied if you don't disable that. It turned out to be a lot of work, without adding much gameplay.

Thus, it was simplified, and we got the gambling feature, which gives you cash, and adds more debt to the follower.

The difference is mainly in the uncertainty about how much you'll get and what it will cost you, which some people like.

It even begins with a request to borrow money...

i.e. gambling does what a loan would do, in effective gameplay terms, but with some uncertainty.

On several occasions I thought about adding some other loan mechanic, but the existing one seems sufficient.

The only reason to add something else is to hang associated content from it: dialogues, sex scenes, more follower negging, devices etc.

I can't rationalize that in terms of existing dialogs because the existing deals/theft system is already about being in debt to the follower.

A negotiated loan for a defined amount would negate the value of gambling.

Probably @HexBolt8 is thinking of borrowing from somebody other than the follower, which can make sense from a dialogue perspective, but requires a whole parallel obligation system. Loan Sharks of Skyrim already has ... something. It's a bit all-or-nothing in terms of punishment for not paying in time, and needs SS. I used it in my game recently and it is not without value, but it has many limitations.

At this point, patching LSoS, or replicating this in DF would distract from developing core DF features.

There's a place where this naturally fits (expansion of prostitution) and I'm not ready to look at / revisit that.

Anyone can go off and write a loans mod, or patch LSoS ... or write a new prostitution mod for that matter ... without having to know anything about DF's internals.

33 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Probably @HexBolt8 is thinking of borrowing from somebody other than the follower

No, I'd just forgotten about gambling.  As you said, borrowing from non-follower NPCs should be a separate mod, outside the scope of this one.  In my mind the risk factor of gambling is undesirable enough that I don't notice that option anymore, and then I forgot about it.  A straightforward loan feature would undermine gambling, and gambling is more in line with a devious follower personality.  So my suggestion about loans doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

In my mind the risk factor of gambling is undesirable enough that I don't notice that option anymore, and then I forgot about it.

If you simple accept that you may need to gamble three times or so to get any meaningful amount of money - which can run to a fairly heft debt - it works well enough for short-term cash-flow problems. 

The issue of whether it should adjust to daily debt, or be fixed is another matter.

Having a jackpot of 1500, when your daily debt limit is 100, could easily see you enslaved from a little rash gambling.

Maybe that's fun?

I am tempted to change the gambling amount to be the minimum for the jackpot through.

i.e. gambling jackpot = MAX(configuredJackpot, K x DailyDebt) where K is one of our familiar configuration values.

That means adding yet another slider... and I'm conscious that DF's MCM is not engineered such that you can just keep doing that before it hits the variable limit. So, I'll think about it some more.

For low-income characters, entering gold control is probably the best way to borrow cash.

it worked well until my character got stuck, in one rape animation after another ... there's no way to put an interval between events?

in my game there are no 1s between animations ... is it supposed to be like this? configured something wrong? how to disable it, or at least make it playable?

1 hour ago, Arlokk said:

it worked well until my character got stuck, in one rape animation after another ... there's no way to put an interval between events?

in my game there are no 1s between animations ... is it supposed to be like this? configured something wrong? how to disable it, or at least make it playable?

I want to help here, but I have no idea what you are talking about beyond you see a lot of rapes. That's not much to go on.

What rape events?

What led up to them?

How did they start being triggered?

What do you think makes them keep being triggered?

What was your status in DF?

Did you have a DF? Did you have deals? What deals were they? Were you enslaved?

Are you sure the rapes you are seeing are from DF at all?

Why are you sure?

Also, is this a new game? Old game? New DF install? Old version? Beta?

What is your mod manager? How did you install? Do you use a follower framework? What framework is it?

Just saying you have non-stop rapes gives me no clue what your problem is.

It does make me suspect that you have Deviously Cursed Loot, or SexLab Adventures, or DEC, mis-configured, because DF doesn't actually trigger any pure-non-consensual sex unless you are enslaved, and even then, there are conditions for it to occur.

If you use SLD or SexLab Adventures, are you simply in a long rape scene? If so, it will end eventually. Configure less rapists to stop such epic rapes from those mods.